Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 31

Blackness. Darkness. Loneliness. Nothingness. Why was the world like this? I tried searching for a light or something but couldn't. I felt as if I were falling or floating or flying...not really sure which. As I continued I noticed a dim light ahead of me. As I reached it I was no longer falling or floating or flying. I was lying on my back on a bed. I was somewhat aware of things. I tried to open my eyes but they wouldn't budge. I tried to move any part of my body but nothing moved. All I could do was listen. Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep. What was that? I tried to figure out what it was with my eyes closed but couldn't. As I laid there I continued to listen to the sounds. I heard what sounded like water hitting a window...rain. A soft rumble of thunder rolled through the sky. I heard a tv close by...Jersey Shore played. "Oh yeah!" Pauly D yelled. I laughed to myself focusing on more sounds. The tv was too loud to hear anything else. I laid there wondering what on earth happened to me. I don't know how long I laid there trying to think about why I could move or open my eyes but they last thing I remember was sitting on the cliff crying. Soon I heard someone walk into the room and turn the tv down. Then I felt a hot hand grab mine and another rub my cheek. A familiar scent hit me like I had stuck my nose into a candle after it had been blown out. Woods, Cologne, fresh rain and fabric softener. Jacob. "Olivia." he whispered. "I'm sorry." he continued as his voice broke. Why was he sorry? I asked myself. He grew silent and I felt some thing wet hit my hand then he sniffled. He...was crying. I pictured his eyes closed and a tear running down his cheek. I wanted so much to just reach up and wipe it away but I couldn't move. I wanted to comfort him and tell him everything would be OK. "Please...wake up soon. I need to know that you are OK. I love you so much, please...wake up." he begged. My heart broke as he continued for me to wake up. I wanted to tell him that I was OK. I heard someone clear their throat from a distance. I hadn't heard anyone walk in. I felt Jake pull back and he sniffled. "Oh, hi Carlisle." he said. I pictured him wiping his face trying to make it look like he wasn't crying.

"Any change?" Carlisle asked walking over. I felt his coldness on my right side.

"No...any change?" Jake asked.

"Her color has come back." Carlisle said. I felt his cold fingers on my arm fixing a needle that was poking out of my arm. They grew silent for a few minutes. "I'll be back in a bit to check on her again." Carlisle said. "Jake...you should get some sleep. You haven't slept in two days." he said. TWO DAYS!? I'VE BEEN OUT FOR TWO DAYS!? I panicked. I heard the beeping sound pick up as my heart pounded in my chest. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

"Carlisle, what's wrong?" Jake panicked.

"Everything seems fine. I think she can hear us, she must have heard me." Carlisle said.

"Olivia...baby...if you can hear me squeeze my hand, please." Jake begged.

"What's going on?" Sam asked walking into the room. I heard several footsteps.

"Her heart rate picked up when I said that Jacob hasn't slept in two days." he explained as Jake continued to try and get me to squeeze his hand.

"She can hear us?" Emily asked. I wanted to wake up and answer them.

"Yes, she can." Edward said.

"Olivia...honey. You need to wake up." Emily's voice said from my right side.

"Come on baby...squeeze my hand." Jacob said. I'm trying. I thought.

"She's trying but she can't move." Edward said.

"You can hear her?" Jake asked. I was starting to get scared because I wasn't able to move. Was I paralyzed? I'm never gonna be able to move again. I felt tear building up behind my eyelids and one slipped through and slid down my cheek. Jake's warm hand wiped it away. "What's wrong? Is she in pain?" he asked.

"No, she's scared. She thinks shes paralyzed because she can't move."

"It's going to be OK honey." Emily said grabbing my other hand. What happened to me? Why can't I move? Where am I? Someone answer me! I demanded in my head.

"She wants to know what happened." Edward said. "Olivia you're at our house. Your in Carlisle's office." Edward said. Over the next twenty minutes Sam explained what happened what happened. As he told me what happened I felt myself sinking back into the darkness. His voice growing fainter and fainter. Just before the darkness took over again I heard Edward.

"She's gone. She slipped back into unconsciousness. I can't hear her." Then I was swimming in a pool of blackness.