Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 32

~Jake's P.O.V~
It's been almost a week since the accident with Olivia. Three days since she was some what conscious, three days since Edward has heard her thoughts. He says all he sees is darkness. In the last five days I've probably slept fifteen hours, I've hardly eaten but I have. Sam has allowed me to stay by her side and miss patrol. He told my dad what happened and where I am, he even came up to see her yesterday. The pack is back in La Push but they come up every day at seven-thirty to check on her and me. The only time I've left her side was to use the bathroom and shower. I sleep in the chair next to her bed. The Cullens all check on her from time to time but other than that they let me be with her. Carlisle says that her body temperature is almost back to normal, her color has returned, and she seems to be fine. If she was fine then why isn't she awake? There has to be something wrong if she's still unconscious. He says that she is just tired and should be waking up soon. I've been so tired that I've drifted asleep a few times. The beeping of her heart was the only thing that told me she was still alive, her breathing was normal but hardly noticeable under all the blankets. The sound of her heart is strong and put me to sleep last night. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. The heart monitor picked up. I felt something twitch in my hand. I opened my eyes and saw Olivia's finger twitching. "Carlisle!" I yelled standing up. "Olivia...baby, can you squeeze my hand?" I asked her. I looked at her face and her eyes were moving then I felt a firm grip on my hand. She squeezed it.

"What's wrong?" Carlisle asked.

"She just squeezed my hand." I smiled. He came over to her and started checking her over. He pulled out his light and shined it in her eyes. "She's coming too." he said.

"Come on honey...wake up." I encouraged her.

"Everything OK?" the mother vampire asked walking in with the rest of them.

"She's waking up." Edward said.

"I'll call the pack." Alice said. Carlisle pulled the blanket off of her and removed the socks.

"Olivia...if you can feel this squeeze Jacob's hand." he said pressing on her foot. I felt a squeeze.

"She can feel it." I said smiling.

"I want you to press your foot against my hand." he instructed her. I kept my eyes on her face waiting to see her eyes. "That's good. Now the other." he said. I saw her left hand which was laying next to her move to the left slightly. "Excellent." he said.

"J-" I looked at her lips. They were moving slightly. I looked back at her eyes and they started to flutter open slightly. "Ja-ke." she whispered. Then her eyes fully opened and she looked directly at me. I can't even tell you how much joy I felt. "Jake." she said with a raspy voice.

"Esme, you would get her a glass of water?" Carlisle asked. I felt a tear leave my eye and start to slide down my face. I closed my eyes and felt a cold hand wipe it away. I opened my eyes and saw that her arm was raised and pressed against my warm skin. The mother returned with a glass and straw. "Jake, lift her up so she can drink." I placed my arm under her back and slowly lifted her up. Esme put the straw to her lips and she started drinking. In a matter of seconds we heard a loud sucking sound. I heard loud footsteps echoing up the stairs signaling the pack had arrived.

"OH MY GOD!! OLIVIA!!!" Kim cried running over to the other side of the bed. I carefully laid her back down and she grabbed my shirt. I looked at her curiously before I felt her tug weakly. I bent toward her and she put her hand on the back of my head pulling me closer to her colliding our lips together. Sparks shot through my body as her arm wrapped around my neck.

~Olivia's P.O.V~
I was finally awake. I was able to move slightly, I could open my eyes. I watched as the pack and the Cullens stood around my bed smiling at me. I was half aware of the crying Kim standing on the other side of my bed. I was only worried about one thing, Jake. He looked absolutely horrible. He had massive dark circles under his eyes, his hair was a mess, and he had tears in his eyes as I continued to look at him. As he started to lay me back down I grabbed his shirt. I wanted to do something that I've missed. He looked at me confused for a second but bent down to me. I slid my hand to the back of his neck and collided my lips to his warm ones. It felt like warm water was poured into to my veins. I wrapped my arm around his neck pulling him closer to me. I honestly could have stayed like that for years but I had to stop when someone cleared their throat. I pulled away and looked up at him. "I love you." I said loud enough for everyone to hear including Emily and Kim. His bright smile light up in front of me.

"I love you too." he replied.

"How do you feel?" Carlisle asked.

"Um...a little stiff, my throat hurts and so does my head." I answered.

"Here...take these." he said handing me some Tylenol. I took them and Alice handed me a glass of water.

"How long was I out?" I asked handing her the glass.

"Almost a week." Emily answered.

"A WEEK!?" I yelled. "Holy crap!" I said shocked. "What happened?" I asked.

"What do you remember?" Sam asked.

"Um...I remember going to the cliff after my dad left, um then Jake and Paul fighting about something then blackness. Did I come too at all?" I asked.

"Three days ago." Edward said.

"So is anyone going to tell me what happened?" I asked grabbing Jake's hand. They told me about Paul kissing me and that was the reason why they were fighting. They got to close to me and I fell off the cliff and into the water, almost drowning. They said that they couldn't find me for almost an hour and when they did I was unconscious and was at the early stages of hypothermia. "Wow." I said.

"There is something else you should know." Sam said looking at Paul. I looked at him and looked confused.

"I broke the imprint on you." he said. My eyes bugged out.

"How?" I asked.

"We're not exactly sure." he said.

"It was probably because Jake was more determined to find you than he was." Alice said.

"So...I'm only you're imprint?" I asked Jake.

"Yep." he replied with a smile.

"Hey, would it be alright if I talk to Olivia alone please?" Paul asked looking at me.

"Um sure." I said.

"You want me to stay?" Jake asked.

"No...it's OK." I said. "I love you." I smiled giving him a kiss.

"I love you." he replied.

"Good...now get out." I said moving away from him.

"Wha-what?" he asked confused.

"I said get out." I repeated myself this time a little angry.

"Why?" he asked.

'Ed...please remove him.' I thought looking at him.

"Get your hands off of me." Jake growled.

"She told me to." Edward said. Everyone was looking at me confused.

"Why do you want me to leave?" Jake asked looking at me.

"Because I'm mad at you." I said.

"Why? I didn't do anything." Jake said looking confused.

"Exactly. You didn't do anything except sit here. You didn't take care of yourself. You look horrible and...when was the last time you showered?" I asked annoyed.

"You're mad because I didn't want to leave your side?" he asked angry.

"Yes, you look like you haven't slept in months. When was the last time you ate a full meal?" I asked. He looked like he was thinking. "Exactly. It's my fault that you look like this, so now that you know I am better...go eat, shower, and sleep." I said.

"I'm not leaving." he sighed.

"Please...if you don't then we're over." I said knowing that would get to him.

"Fine." he sighed.

"Thank you." he nodded his head and left with everyone else. He closed the door behind him leaving me and Paul alone. He looked at me and I looked at him in the eyes. For the first time I didn't feel anything toward him. But the images of everything he put me through ran through my head.

"Have a seat." I said gesturing to the chair next to me. He sat down and looked at the floor. "What did you wanna talk about?" I asked.

"I'm sorry." he said.

"Sorry for what?"

"Everything. For everything I did to you when we were dating, the pressuring you, the cheating and everything. I'm sorry for kissing you the other day knowing that you and Jacob were together. I know that it wasn't right, I just couldn't handle seeing you like that. I am so extremely sorry." he said looking at me. As I looked at him I knew he meant it.

"It's OK." I said with a small smile.

"No it's not. I'm not gonna allow you to forgive me so easily. I treated you horribly and you were my imprint and I shouldn't have. I'm gonna make it up to you." he promised.

"Paul, I-"

"Don't say it's OK. I'm gonna be your best guy friend and do anything you want." he said.

"Paul...I don't need a slave." I said.

"Then what do you want me to do?" he asked.

"Just be my best guy friend...Jake can be my slave." I smiled making him laugh.

"I can do that." he replied.

"And I forgive you. Don't beat yourself up over it. I don't regret anything that happened in the past. Well I mean...I could've done without the pressure and everything but some stuff was great." I said. "You were a good first boyfriend." I said.

"Whatever." he snickered rolling his eyes.

"I could've dated worse." I informed him.

"True...you could've dated Embry." he laughed.

"Or a drug addict, a basket case...the list goes on and on." I smiled.

"So...friends?" he asked.

"Best friends." I smiled opening my arms. He stood up and wrapped his arms around me. Now that when he hugs me I don't feel the same attraction to him that I used to. "OK best friend...will you get Carlisle. I would like this needle out of me." I smiled.

"Sure." he said before walking out the door. I laid back and looked out the window, into the night. A second later Carlisle walked in.

"Before I can let you go I need to make sure everything is OK." he smiled sitting on the edge of my bed.

"OK, that's fine with me." I smiled. He did an exam making sure everything was OK. He helped me out of the bed and allowed me to walk so I could get the stiffness out.

"Does anything hurt?" he asked.

"Not really. Everything kinda feels wobbly, like noodles." I said sitting on the bed.

"That's to be expected. Everything seems fine to me. Nothing is broken or fractured, just a few bruises and cut but I'd say you're good to go." he said.

"Yay." I smiled. He carefully pulled the IV out of my arm and removed the cords to the heart monitor.

"Emily brought you some clothes so you can change." he said.

"Would it be OK if I took a shower here?" I asked. "I feel icky."

"Sure. You can use Alice and Jasper's bathroom." he smiled helping me up. Thankfully the robe had a back. I felt him place his arm against my back as he helped me out of the room and down to Alice and Jasper's room. When we got there, Alice was in the bathroom adjusting the water and Jasper was getting me a towel. I loved how they had super hearing.

"Thank you guys." I smiled. Alice came over and replaced Carlisle's arm with hers then helped me to the bathroom.

"If you need anything just holler." she said before leaving. I nodded my head and closed the door. I felt the water and stripped out of the gown. I looked in the mirror across from the shower and gasped.

"I look hideous." I said. I climbed into the shower allowing the warm water to relax my muscles. I sat down and just stayed like that. After sitting under the water for a while I decided to clean off. I washed my hair, conditioned, washed my body and shaved then washed my body again. I felt like ten layers of skin had been washed off of me. I felt light. As I finished I turned the water off and stepped out then wrapped a towel around my body. I looked at the counter and saw one of my bags that had my clothes in it. I felt alot better now that I was clean, in my own clothes and relaxed. I put the towel in the clothes hamper and looked at my reflection. I looked skinner. I haven't been able for a week so I lost alot of weight. My face was a little bit slimmer. I grabbed my brush that Emily had brought and combed the tangles and knots out of my hair. After I finished I put my brush into my bag and headed downstairs. When I reached the bottom step I smelled food and my stomach instantly growled. As I rounded the corner into the kitchen I saw the pack including Jake, Emily, Kim and even Bella sitting at the kitchen table eating. There was an empty seat between Jake and Kim.

"Feel better?" Seth asked with a mouth full of food.

"Alot." I smiled.

"You smell alot better." Embry teased getting a smack on the back of the head from Sam, Paul and Alice. "OW GEEZ I WAS KIDDING!" he yelled rubbing his head.

"At least I smell better than you." I said grabbing a plate and filling it up as everyone laughed.

"That you do." Jake said kissing my cheek. I looked at him and noticed he showered and changed to. Now he was eating only thing left for him to do was sleep. As everyone ate the room was filled with laughter and jokes.