Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 34

It's been a few days since Emily, Sam and Quil went to see Claire and since Jake and I had our movie night but that never really happened since round two started in the shower. Afterwards we just went to sleep forgetting about the popcorn in the microwave. Things have been getting really strange around here lately. The guys are hardly ever hear, I haven't heard from the Cullens in a while and even Emily is different...she's a complete nervous wreck. The times that I get to see Jake are when he comes over for dinner but then he leaves again right afterwards. Yesterday I went over to his house to hang out after he invited me but when I got there he was gone so I hung out with Billy and had lunch with him. Jake is just like him. He showed me baby pictures from when he was little, told me some pretty embarrassing stories that had me rolling on the ground because I was laughing so hard. But today was the weirdest day ever. I can't even explain how awkward it was so I'll just replay my memory.

I woke up at the same time I do every morning, 11:45. I did what I usually did when I first wake up; use the bathroom, make my bed, check my email, texts and then head downstairs. Emily was in the kitchen getting lunch ready since I always miss breakfast. "Morning." I smiled walking to the coffee pot. Thankfully there was still coffee left over. I grabbed a glass and poured some into it.

"Morning." she said quickly. I looked at her funny as I took a quick sip. I walked to the dining table and sat there and watched her hustle around the kitchen. She wasn't humming or smiling. She usually hums when she cooks unless something is REALLY wrong. I heard the door open so I looked to see Kim walk in followed by Jared, Seth and Quil.

"Hey guys." I said from my seat. They stopped dead in their tracks and looked at me. Without a smile or a wave they turned and went into the living room. What was going on? Did I do something that I don't remember that made everyone mad at me? "Where's the rest of the pack?" I asked walking into the living room with my coffee in hand.

"Patrol." Quil said not looking at me. Everyone seemed uneasy. Like... they weren't telling me something.

"Is everything OK?" I asked suspiciously.

"Yep, everything is fine." Kim said to quickly and kinda sad.

"Aaaare you sure?" I asked. She just nodded her head but looked at me with sad eyes. "Whatever." I grumbled before turning and walking back to the dining room. As I sat down the door opened and the rest of the pack walked in. "Hey guys." I smiled at them as they walked in.

"Hey." they all said before sitting where ever. Jake looked at me with the same sad eyes then sat next to me.

"Hey stranger." I said turning toward him. "Is everything OK?" I asked.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" he asked nervously.

"Because everybody is acting really...strange like something happened and you won't tell me about it." I accused looking around knowing that the pack was listening.

"Everything is fine. I promise." he said looking at me in the eyes. He said it as if he was trying to comfort me.

"Um...ok?" I replied confused. I pulled my eyebrows together confused as hell. I finished my coffee then rinsed it in the sink and placed it in the drainer. When I turned around EVERYBODY was looking at me. I froze and looked at them nervously."WHAT!?" I yelled confused.Everyone quickly looked away and I continued to stand there. I sighed and shook my head before walking toward the stairs.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Emily asked from the table as she sat a large plate filled with grilled ham and cheese on it.

"No." I said walking up the stairs to my room. When I closed my door I grabbed my phone and tried calling the Cullens. Someone picked up on the second ring.

"Hello Olivia." Rose's voice chimed from the other end.

"Hey, do you know what's up with the pack? Everyone is acting really strange." I asked.

"Why would I care what's up with them?" she replied. I could hear someone whispering close to her. It sounded like Emmett or possibly Jasper, I really couldn't make out what the person said but it sounded like 'dont tell her' or something.

"Never mind." I said hanging up. What couldn't she tell me? I tossed my phone onto my bed before walking to my closet to get some clothes. I laid my outfit out on my bed then walked to the bathroom and stripped down to take a shower. After a very long shower, after I did everything I needed to do I grabbed a towel from the cupboard and wrapped it around myself then walked back to my room. When I closed the door and turned to my room Jake was sitting on my bed."Hey." I smiled at him. He looked at my towel then at the floor. "OK seriously! What is up? I know there is something you're not telling me." I said placing my hand on my hip as I stood in front of him.

"Everything is fine." He answered trying to fake a smile.

"Whatever." I sighed walking to my dresser to get a bra and underwear. I let my towel drop to the floor and slipped my red lace boy shorts on then clasped my bra in place. I really didn't care that he was there. I grabbed the wet towel and placed it in the clothes hamper, feeling his eyes on me the entire time. I walked to my bed and slid my jeans on then my top. I brushed my hair then blow dried it straight. In the middle of doing all this stuff I was trying to figure out what was wrong, did I do something to make everyone mad? The last time I checked I didn't. I was getting annoyed that everyone knew something but they wouldn't tell me. There was no point in staying in the house today if nobody was going to talk to me. I grabbed some socks then slid my shoes on before grabbing my iPod, cell phone and a light jacket.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I don't know." I answered walking out of my room with him behind me. When I reached the bottom of the steps everyone was eating.

"Where are you going?" Emily asked.

"I don't know." I answered with the same respond I told Jake.

"What do you mean you don't know?" she asked looking at me.

"Like I said, I don't know. I'll be back later." I said heading toward the door.

"Olivia, why are you going. You haven't eaten yet?" Sam asked.

"I have money, I will eat at the diner. There's no point in staying here today when nobody is talking to me." I said.

"We are talking to you." Seth said.

"No you guys aren't. Since I woke up Emily has hardly said anything to me, you guys haven't said two words to me since you got here, you won't tell me whats up and I'm getting pretty freaking annoyed. So unless you guys are going to tell me what's wrong then I'm leaving." I said.

"There is nothing wrong." Quil said.

"Kim." I said grabbing her attention. I knew that she couldn't lie to me. I always know when she is lying, the girl is my best friend after all. She looked at me nervously. "Is there something going on that nobody is telling me?" I asked looking at her. She quickly looked around the table then back to me. I looked in her eyes and waited for her to answer.

"Um...no." she replied. Lie. Everytime she tells a lie her pupils dialate, they shift to the left and she always fidgets with her hands which she has on her lap.

"So much for best friends. You're not a very good liar Kimmie." I said turning and walking out the door. I turned right like I was heading into the woods but stopped by the door and listened in.

"We have to tell her. She has the right to know." Jake said.

"We can't just yet, not until we have the ok." Sam replied.

"What if she goes to the Cullen's and they tell her?" Emily whispered.

"They know not to say anything and I highly doubt they would." Sam sighed.

"If she goes...she'll know that they are lying. She can read everyone like a book." Kim said.

"Yeah but...we just gotta keep quiet." Sam said. Everyone got quiet after that. I was seriously getting pissed. I slipped my headphones into my ears and made my way toward the main road. I got lost in thought and really wasn't paying attention to where I was walking. All I know is that everybody was keeping a secret from me and they wouldn't tell me. Song after song changed and I continued to walk. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I pulled it out and saw I had a text from Jake. She texted me to tell me that he was leaving. I just texted back 'K'. I slid my phone back into my pocket and looked around. I was at Forks High School. I decided to take a look around since I've never seen it before. It was noticably larger than the high school on the reservation but that's because there really weren't that many kids on the rez. As I peaked in through the class windows I saw that the rooms were bigger too. When I finished looking around I headed back to the front and continued down the road. I kept walking and walking until I realized where I was. I was just down the road from the Cullen's, that was when I remembered what the pack had said about them. I sucked in a breath and quickly walked toward their driveway. When I reached it I started the long winding walk to the house. It seemed like hours. I finally reached their paved driveway and walked up the steps to the door. I didn't even bother knocking because they more than likely knew I was here.

"HELLO!?" I yelled angrily standing in the empty living room. A second later the entire vampire family was standing before me.

"Olivia, what do we owe-" Carlisle started.

"Save it. I know you all know what's up with the pack. I know it has something to do with me. I know that the entire pack including Kim and Emily are lying to me, what I wanna know is if you guys are going to do the same?" I asked agnrily looking around. I felt my emotions start to wear away. "JASPER STOP!!!" I yelled looking at him. Everyone gasped shocked. They have never seen me this angry.

"Olivia...you must understand, we do know what's going on but we can't tell you until we are told too." Carlisle said.

"Why not? Who said?" I asked. He struggled to not tell.

"We're not supposed to say." Alice said. I looked at her in disbeliefe. Everyone was betraying me by lying to my face, by keeping secrets from me. This wasn't fair, I have been nothing but truthful and honest to everybody since I moved here and they are practically blowing me off. I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"Olivia...if we could tell you we would." Edward said obviously reading my mind.

"Whatever." I whispered as my voice cracked. I turned and ran out the front door and back down the road. I wasn't alone.

"Olivia please. Listen to us." Rose said. I quickened my pace.

"We can keep up with you just so you know." Emmett said.

"You can only follow me so far." I growled. I continued to walk and just like he said they kept up with me.

"Olivia. Please." Alice begged. They continued to follow me to the treaty line where the pack was waiting. I stopped on the line, pack on one side the Cullens on the other. I placed myself between them.

"Until you all stop lying to me and decided to stop keeping secrets then don't talk to me. I don't want anything to do with people who are going to lie to my face." I said looking at everyone.

"Olivia we-" I quickly cut Jake off.

"We can't tell you." I mocked in a deep voice. "Out of all the people Jake I never thought you'd lie to me. I'm your freaking imprint for crying out loud." I cried.

"Livi, don't be like this." Embry said.

"Why not? Do I not have the right to be mad that everyone that I love and care about is hiding something from me? I think I do. So until you're all done keeping them then don't talk to me." I said turning and walking toward the beach. I ran into the woods once I reached it and started crying when I reached the sand. I found a log and sat on it with my knees pulled up to my chest. I don't know how long I was there but the sun started to set and I decided to head to the diner in town to grab a bite to eat then head back home. When I got there the pack was sitting around. I just ignored them and walked up to my room.