Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 37

"What do you think of this one?" I heard dad's voice from somewhere in the large house.

"I like it but...I think it's a little too big for the two of us." I yelled, my voice echoing through the house.

"Are you sure? Did I mention that it comes with this FABULOUS light fixture in the foyer?" The real-estate agent insisted.

"Yes, you did but there is no need for five bedrooms when there are two of us." I replied turning to face him as dad joined us by the front door.

"Ok, no problem. I have one last property to show you but we can do that tomorrow. Shall we meet around ten?" she asked.

"That's fine. We'll see you tomorrow." Dad and I quickly walked out of the large house and out into the surprisingly warm air. It was hardly ever this warm in La Push so I was happy. As we climbed into Sam's truck that he let dad borrow for the day, I started laughing.

"Really?" I laughed.

"Did you see that bathtub? I could swim in it." Dad shook his head starting the engine.

"I would've thought it was an indoor pool if it wasn't for the toilet across the room." I laughed. "I hope tomorrow is better." I sighed buckling my seat belt just as he pulled out of the gravel driveway. We laughed and talked about random stuff on the way back to Sam and Emily's which was about a five minute drive. When we pulled up to the small house the pack, Kim and Emily were all sitting outside lounging. As we hopped out I was met with a crushing hug from Jake. "Um, hi to you too." I laughed hugging him back.

"Sorry, I missed you today." he replied kissing my cheek.

"We were gone for two hours." I retorted.

"Two very long hours." he smirked.

"Clingy much?" I teased walking away from him.

"Hey Kevin. How did it go?" Emily asked from the rocking chair next to the door.

"We told the real-estate agent exactly what kind of house we were looking for and he shows us ones we didn't want." he answered shaking his head.

"Yea, the last houses bathroom was so big the bathtub looked like a pool." I jumped in leaning against the tree by the steps.

"Wow, so nothing caught your eye?"

"No, but he has another property to show us tomorrow. I just hope that one doesn't have a football field of a bathroom or living room. Speaking of bathroom...excuse me." I quickly said and bounced into the house then ran to the bathroom. After relieving myself I washed my hands and walked out into the kitchen where Jake was leaning up against the counter. "Hey you." I smirked getting a class from the cabinet next to him. "What did you do while I was gone?" I asked filling my glass with apple juice.

"Mostly patrolled. The Cullen’s have been keeping an eye on the newborn army that Riley is creating so we're keeping our eyes out here." he answered quietly so my dad wouldn't hear.

"Anything?"

"No, it's been kinda boring out there. I wish one of them would show up so we would have something to do out there. Lately we've just been running around like wolves with our heads' cut off." he laughed.

"I think the phrase is 'chickens with our heads cut off.'" I corrected him taking a sip of my juice.

"Yes, I know that but we're not chickens." he retorted.

"Oh I beg to differ."

"You think...we're chicken?" he asked, amused.

"Not when it comes to chasing and killing non-Cullen vamps but I bet there are things out there that scare you."

"Like what?" he asked crossing his arms.

"I KNOW for a fact that Sam...looks big and bad but, he's scared of spiders. Seth...cramped spaces freak him out. Embry...rice grosses him out because he says it looks like maggots. See, they're chickens." I answered finishing my glass.

"Sam's scared of spiders?" Jake laughed.

"Yep, about a month ago there was a spider on the fridge and he screamed like a little girl. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen in my ENTIRE life." I laughed.

"I can't believe that." he laughed loudly for several minutes. While he was having a fit I hopped up on the counter next to him. When he finally calmed down he wiped the tears from his eyes and turned to face me. "What about me?" he asked.

"What about you?"

"Do you know what I'm afraid of?"

"I don't know exactly yet but I do know one thing that terrifies you." I smiled with a smirk.

"And what do you "KNOW" terrifies me?" he asked crossing his arms over his chest as if trying to make himself look bigger.

"I KNOW for a one-hundred percent fact...that you are terrified..."

"Of what?"

"Of my dad. Kissing me in front of my dad." I smiled with pride. He looked at me and his cocky smile faltered for a split second then he smirked.

"I will admit...your dad does intimidate me but I'm not scared of him and sure as hell isn’t scared to kiss you in front of him. I kissed you when you first got here." he answered.

"Ahh, but you didn't. You kissed my cheek, not my lips. There for your scared. Chicken. El Pollo." I pointed out.

"That doesn't mean I'm scared to kiss you in front of him. I was being polite." he said.

"Jake...honey...you have kissed me out of the blue in front of complete strangers in public, in large crowds. But every time my dad is around, you kiss my cheek or my forehead." I told him. He looked at me like he was trying to come up with a smart comment. "Don't strain yourself." I smiled sliding off the counter and walking to the living room.

"What's Jake straining himself with?" Jared asked walking in with Embry, Seth, Quil and Kim.

"Nothing." Jake smiled as he rolled his eyes.

"Jake says he's not chicken but I corrected him and said he's afraid to kiss me in front of my dad." I answered.

"Which I'm not." he quickly said defending himself.

"Jake...dude...you're scared." Embry smirked.

"HA! Told you." I laughed.

"No I'm not. I want to be polite around her dad and not ambush her with my hot and magical kisses."

"Dude, you've made out with her in front of everyone we know and complete strangers." Jared snickered.

"Fine...I'll prove that I'm not chicken." Jake announced. Everyone started laughing except me, I just looked at him amused, a little worried because he actually looked upset.

"Jake, you know I was just kidding with you right?" I asked worried he was mad that we were all making fun of him.

"Yeah, I know. But I'm gonna prove to you that you don't actually know what I'm terrified of and that I'm not scared of kissing you in front of your dad." he said.

"Why don't you tell me what you're terrified of?" I asked.

"Because it's not like Seth and Embry and Sam being scared of spiders, cramped spaces and maggots." he said loudly over the laughter. At that second Embry and Seth stopped laughing and looked at me.

"YOU TOLD HIM!?" they yelled.

"I was proving a point and I didn't say you were scared, I said they freaked you out." I corrected Jake.

"Who's scared of spiders? I bet its Embry. No Seth." Kim said.

"HEY!" they both yelled.

"While we're on the subject of fears, what are you scared of?" Jake asked. At that second everyone looked at me. As I looked around the living room at everyone, I felt my face grow hot as I thought about everything that I was afraid of.

"I'm scared of several things and I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a chicken because that's what I am." I announced proudly.

"Like what?" Kim asked curiously.

"Clowns, pitch black darkness, needles, roller coasters, spiders, snakes, tanning beds, escalators, dentists, semis, getting stuck in an elevator, flying makes me nervous and dying." I answered.

"I never knew you were scared of clowns." Kim said looking at me. "So am I. I'm also scared of needles and snakes." she smiled.

"What made you scared of clowns? For me it was the movie IT."

"SAME!! That clown gave me nightmares for years." she giggled.

"Me too. I have good reasons why I'm scared of the things I am."

"What are they?" Embry asked.

"Clowns are because the movie IT, pitch black darkness is because of the movie DARKNESS FALLS, needles because I don't like pain, spiders because of EIGHT LEGGED FREAKS, snakes because they're just plain creepy, flying still makes me nervous because of 9/11 and the rest is because of the FINAL DESTINATION movies."

"The final destination movies freaked you out too?" Jake asked.

"More like terrified me." I laughed. The rest of the day our small group sat inside talking about the movies until everyone else joined us in our conversation. After Emily, Kim and I made dinner; Jake asked if I would go on a walk with him which I said yes too. We ended up walking to the cliffs where we sat and watched the sun go down. "Jake?" I asked quietly.

"Olivia?" he jokingly replied.

"What are you most afraid of?" I asked looking out at the horizon. He sucked in a deep breath and held it for a few seconds then let it out.

"You." he answered. I lifted my head off of his shoulder and looked at him confused.

"You're...afraid of me?" I asked really confused.

"Not of you...I'm afraid of losing you. With all that is going on, I'm terrified that something will happen to you and I won't be there to protect you." he answered. "The thought of something or someone hurting you and me not being able to stop it...absolutely terrifies me. I'm afraid that you will meet someone else and leave me, breaking the imprint. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost you." he whispered.

"Jake...that's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me." I grinned looking up at him.

"It's true though." he said. "You could go to the mall one day with Kim and meet a guy and BAM! It's over before we know it."

"Jacob...I SWEAR with every damn fiber of my being that you will never lose me to another guy. There is no other guy out there that I would want, well maybe Orlando Bloom or Johnny Depp or Joe Jonas or...that list could go on forever but the chances of me actually meeting them and getting with them are zero. The only guy I could ever want that I can actually have is right here with me." I reassured him. "Besides, I'm the one who should be worried about losing you. I mean, look at you. What girl wouldn't want a piece of you? Every time we go out, every girl we pass or passes us ALWAYS stops and stares. They always try to make a move on you, always winking, always flipping their hair, and more. I should be worried about losing YOU." I said looking at him.

"Olivia...there is no other girl that I would rather be with than you. I don't even NOTICE other girls anymore because I'm with you. Well I do but when I look at them all I see is...nothing. Because there is nothing in this entire world...no this entire universe that compares to you." he smiled pushing a stray hair behind me ear. My smile that I had on my face just got bigger when he said that.

"So we agree. We're never gonna lose each other?" I asked.

"Not ever." he answered.

"Good because if I ever lost you...I'd probably kill the bitch who stole you." I laughed.

"Oh I'd like to see that."

"I bet you would...girl-on-girl combat. Why do guys find that hot?" I questioned.

"I honestly don't know." he snickered.

"I love you Jacob Black." I smiled up at him.

"I love you Olivia Waterman." he whispered and pushed his lips against mine. Some time later we ended up back at the house and talked to Sam, Emily and my dad for a while before Jake had to go home. But before he left he made it clear that he wasn't afraid to kiss me in front of my dad. Not on my cheek, not on my forehead and not just a peck. He made it known that making out in front of him was no big deal to him but it was quite a shocker to my dad. As soon as Jake left I looked at my dad and ran up to my room laughing. God today was long. I showered, changed into my pajamas and crashed as soon as my head hit the pillow.