Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 38

~Jake's P.O.V~
After making out with Olivia in front of her dad, I said good night and got out of there before anyone could say anything to me. As I walked out into the warm summer air I heard Olivia run up the stairs laughing. When I got into the trees I turned and looked at her window to her bedroom. The light flicked on and her shadow could be seen bending over and I could hear her laughing. "Told you." I said out loud to myself. As I turned and continued into the woods a sudden thought came to me...he's gonna kill me. A slight feeling a fear washed over me as I thought about that. He's not gonna kill me; he knows it would hurt Olivia. I told myself. I stuck my hands in my pockets and thought about everything that happened today. The main thing that crossed my mind was Olivia telling me she was afraid of losing me, when I myself am afraid of losing her. All the stuff that Olivia said when we were at the cliffs made me think...she's mine forever. Which meant marriage eventually, possibly kids too. The thought of Olivia waddling around with my kids in her made me smile. When I got home I talked to dad for a little bit then went to bed.

~Olivia's P.O.V the next morning~
"Olivia, we gotta meet the realtor in twenty minutes. Get up." My dad says opening my door. I look at my lock and jump up.

"Crap." I whisper running to my closet and closing my door at the same time. As I quickly pull out an outfit I strip at the same time. I get dressed and brush my hair at the same time also.

"Ready?" dad asks knocking on my door. I quickly grab my sandals; phone and purse then walk to the door.

"Yeah, let's go." I say sliding my shoes on. We quickly run down the stairs where Sam and Emily are sitting at the kitchen table.

"Hey you two. Hungry?" Em asks.

"No time to sit and eat. We gotta meet the realtor but we'll take a muffin to go." I say fixing my clothes. She tosses us each one and we run out the door to the truck. I barely have time to buckle my seat belt before dad throws it into gear. We zoom down the road and make it just in time to the house. As we pull up we finish our muffins and sigh.

"I think we beat him." Dad says looking around.

"Thank god." I sigh looking out the window at the house. "Wow, it's actually smaller than the others."

"About the size of Sam and Emily's." We sit in the truck for about twenty minutes before the realtor even shows up. "Guess we rushed for no reason." he says climbing out.

"Sorry I'm late. My daughter just HAD to show me her ballerina dance." he says walking up to us.

"It's ok, we haven't been here long." I smile.

"Good but again, I apologize." he smiles back. "Shall we?" he asks gesturing to the house.

"After you." We follow him into the house and I instantly love it. It reminded me just of Sam and Emily's on the inside too. It was small but not too small, roomy, very homey. He showed us each room and each room I loved more than the next. After about an hour of looking around I walked to the back door and looked at the backyard. On one side were the woods and on the other was a private part of the beach. "I LOVE IT!!!" I yell. "It's perfect." I smile.

"I knew you would like the yard." he smiled.

"Wow, now that's a view." Dad said joining me at the back door. "We'll take it."

"Great. I'll get the paper work." After a few minutes of signing the papers he hands us the keys. "Enjoy." he smiles.

"Oh my gosh! Wait till everyone sees this place." I smile pulling my phone out. I quickly text a mass message to everyone. Dad and I head out to the truck and sit in the bed as it starts to drizzle slightly. About ten minutes later everyone arrives. "Hey!" I smile getting out. Dad shows them around while I wait in the kitchen.

"This place is so cute. It reminds me of our house." Emily smiles joining me by the counter.

"Oh, wait till you see this." I grab her hand and lead everyone out back. "Voila!"

"WOW!!!" everyone says at the same time.

"Yeah, tell me that isn’t awesome." I smile walking into the yard. The roar of the ocean and the smell of the water drifts up to us as we look toward it.

"That is pretty cool." Jared agrees.

"Oh my gosh, you have your own beach." Kim squeals.

"I know." Grabbing her arms and start to jump up and down.

"We're gonna need to get furniture before we actually move it. Do you wanna be in charge of it?" Dad asks me.

"Seriously?" I ask shocked.

"Yeah...I have to go back to the base to get a few things from General Worthington. I figured you could get the house organized while I'm gone." he shrugged.

"SWEETNESS!! I've always wanted to be an interior decorator." I smile punching the air then gasp and turn to Kim. "You HAVE to help me do it. You too Em."

"What about us?" Jake asks gesturing to him and the guys.

"You guys can move the stuff in for us." Kim, Emily and I say at the same time.

"That's rude." Paul laughs.

"Oh my gosh there is so much to do. When are you leaving?" I ask turning to my dad.

"Tonight."

"Ok, Kim can you stay the night so we can make a list of everything we need to get?" I asked.

"Um, I think so. If that's ok with Em and Sam."

"Well duh." Emily laughed.

"Ok, we need to go to your house, get your stuff and start ASAP!" I say.

"Let's go."

"Bye babe. See you guys when you get back." I kiss Jake and the three of us head to the truck. I figured my dad could ride with the rest of the guys.

~Kevin's P.O.V~
"Um, what just happened?" Jacob asked.

"I think we got ditched by our girls." Sam said as we all stared at the spot that they left.

"Um...what now?" Seth asked.

"We could all go grab a bite to eat at the diner." I suggested.

"Sounds good to me. I doubt dinner is getting cooked tonight." Sam laughed. We all headed to the vehicles and left. "So Kevin, what is it you have to get?" Sam asked.

"I'm not really going to the base. I'm going to Arizona to get Olivia's car. It was her mom's when she was her age. Olivia has always wanted to drive it ever since she got her license but I told her that it wasn't running but I was actually getting it fixed for her." I say.

"Oh wow, she's going to love that. What kind of car is it?" Jacob asks.

"It's a VW bus. Her mom was a "flower child" in her teens and those were the ultimate hippie vehicles."

"What was wrong with it?" he asked.

"The motor was shot, the brakes completely rusted to the core and there was a big hole in the floor under the driver seat from where animals chewed on it, but it's all fixed."

"Would you mind if I had a look at it when you get back before you give it to her?"

"Um...sure. Why?"

"Just wanna make sure everything is in good working condition. Don't want something falling apart on her." he shrugs.

"Ok." We get to the diner and get out.

~Olivia's P.O.V~
As the three of us get back to the house after getting Kim's stuff, Emily and I grab our sleeping bags and a bunch of other stuff. We decided that we were gonna sleep at the new house so we can get a better idea of what we need and where it can go and how much room we had. We decided to wait for the guys to get back to let them know what was going on, which took forever. When they finally get back they brought us food from the diner in town which was nice of them. "Where are you girls going?" Jared asks sitting next to Kim.

"We're gonna stay at the new house tonight so it will be easier to organize." Emily answers.

"Are you sure about that?" Sam questions worriedly.

"Yeah...won't you guys be at the Cullen's anyway talking about..." I stop mid sentence remembering that my dad was in the room. "...the uh-um...”

"The football game that's coming on tonight?" Kim jumps in finishing my sentence.

"Thank you." I whisper leaning over toward her.

"No problem."

"Oh yeah. I almost forgot." Sam sighs.

"If anything happens call us." I looked at Jake.

"Yes, sir. OK we're gonna go. Have a safe trip daddy." I smile giving him a hug.

"Will do kiddo." he replies. I grab my stuff and head out to the car. Tonight was going to be a looong night.