Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 39

The next morning the sun is behind the clouds and its pouring outside. I roll over in my sleeping bag to see Emily and Kim still asleep. I also notice something new about the place...the guys are here too. All of them are asleep except Jake who is leaning against the wall looking at me. I smile at him and he winks then jerks his head to the side. We get up and walk to the back porch. The cold air hits me as we walk out and I cling to Jake making him laugh. "Cold?"

"No, freezing." I reply through chattering teeth. He wrapped his arms around me and sat me on his lap. "Thanks."

"Did you girls have fun last night?" he asked rubbing my arms.

"Yea. We got ALOT done."

"Yea, when we got here you three were already asleep. We caught a glimpse of the notes and stuff."

"Speaking of that...what are you guys doing here?" I ask looking at him. The look he had on his face told me he was hesitant to tell me whatever brought them here. "Jake?"

"Last night...the psychic had a vision of you." he sighed. I sat up farther away from him and looked at him.

"Wh-what...about me?" I nervously questioned. Whatever Alice had seen must've been bad enough for them to crash our sleepover.

"She saw one of the vamps from the army leaving it then it showed up here...at the house. It broke into the house and attacked you." His words were almost a whisper. My heart started to speed up in my chest. It banged against my ribs.

"Wh-What happened? Did it happen? Well obviously not if I'm still here." I gasped out.

"We made it here just before that leech could get into the house. We took care of it though."

"Why did you guys stay though if you took care of it?"

"Just wanted to make sure that nothing else happened. Like I said...I'm afraid something is gonna happen to you and I won't be able to stop it."

"Did you stay up all night too? You have bags under your eyes." I pointed out rubbing my finger under his eye making it close.

"I just wanted to make sure. Plus I like watching you sleep, you look so peaceful." he smirked.

"That's a little bit creeperish." I laughed.

"Well I'd like to spend the rest of my life watching you sleep." he whispered resting his forehead on mine.

"Jake, that's really sweet." I smile. As we sat on the porch the only sounds were the rain hitting the roof and the ocean's waves crashing against each other. As I sat on his lap I watched the rain fall against the ground and splash up.

"Olivia?" Kim's voice called from inside the house.

"Out here." I called back sitting up. A few seconds later she and Emily emerged from the house, looking like they clearly just woke up.

"What are the guys doing here?" Emily asked leaning against the door frame.

"Something happened with a vamp last night and they just wanted to make sure we were ok." I answered not really wanting to tell them the truth.

"Oh, ok. When do you wanna head to Port Angeles?" Kim yawned.

"Whenever we get ready I guess. Do you think you guys could help us with the furniture and stuff? I highly doubt the three of us girls can lift everything into a truck." I asked Jake.

"Yeah, let's just wake everyone up." he says.

"I'll leave that to you. We gotta get ready. You guys can go home and change then meet us back here." Emily, Kim and I grab our stuff and walk to the large bathroom upstairs and start to get ready while Jake gets the pack up. We hear loud commotion coming from the living room and laugh. Of course everyone is protesting. I hear Jake tell everyone what's going on and of course Leah refuses to help which doesn't suprise me at all. "Well, shocker." I whisper to them as I brush my hair.

"Babe, we'll be back in a few minutes." Jake yells up the stairs.

"Ok."

"Hey, would you mind getting Sam for me?" Emily asks.

"Sure. See you girls in a few." We look out the window and see them all run into the woods whoopin' and hollerin'. "God today is gonna be looooong."

"I know. I'm so excited to get the stuff. I was thinking last night when I was getting ready to fall asleep, that we could get the main stuff that we will need for right now. Like beds, dressers, couches, plates and etc. Stuff like picture frames, lamps and small things can wait till later." I tell them while stretching.

"That's a good idea. Once we get all the big, heavy stuff we can have the guys bring it back here then the three of us can go get the small things like silverware, shower curtain, curtains or blinds. You know?" Kim smiles.

"I don't know if I trust the guys to unload the stuff. They'll put it in the wrong room." We all laugh knowing that Em is right. I continue to stretch to get the stiffness out of my body.

"Ow." I hiss as I stretch my spine out.

"You ok?" they both as in concern.

"Yeah...I'm just really hurting for some reason. It's like my bones are being hit with a hammer." I whince trying to get it out.

"We did sleep on the floor last night. You could've just slept wrong."

"Yeah, it wouldn't be the first time." I laughed. We head down to the living room and cleaned up the mess we had made last night then take it all up to the room I'm claiming as mine. It's at the back of the house on the left facing the beach and the woods.

"HELLO?" Sam's loud voice booms from downstairs.

"Be there in a minute." We finish putting the stuff away and head downstairs.

"Ready?" Jared asks walking up to Kim.

"Yep, we just gotta get a moving truck so we can load everything into it." Emily pulls out her phone and calls a moving company up in Port Angeles as we all load up into the vehicles. I ride with Jake in his car, Sam and Emily ride in the truck while everyone else ride's in Jared's van. Jake and I blast his radio and sing along with everyone song that comes on even if we don't know the words. There was one song that came on that I absolutely loved and everytime I heard it I thought about Jake. I sang out loud everytime the chorus came on and looked at Jake.

"You make me feel, like I'm livin'a teenage dream, the way you turn me on, I can't sleep, let's run away and don't ever look back, dont ever look back. My heart stops, when you look at me. Just one touch now baby I believe. This is real, so take a chance and don't ever look back don't ever look back." I smile looking at Jake as I sang at the top of my lungs. He had a huge grin on his face as he grabbed my hand. When the song ended he just looked at me.

"I love you too." he smirked. We continued our karaoke session when we got to the truck rental place and clear until we pulled into a parking spot at the furniture place. Even when we got out of the car we continued to sing the last song that was on.

"It’s easy as 1 2 1 2 3 4, there’s only one thing, to do, three words, for you, (I love you) I love you." we both belted out as we joined the rest of the group who was staring at us like we were stupid.

"Who sings that?" Kim asked.

"Plain white tees." I answer.
"Yeah...let them do it." Everyone busted out laughing.

"That's rude." I laughed lightly punching her in the arm. "Ok, let's head out...we got ALOT to get." I say walking toward the store with the girls.

"We'll hang here until you need us." Sam said looking scared.

"Ok, it's gonna be a while. Why don't you guys go get us all some food."

"Ok." they all say at the same time and run across the street to the McDonalds.

"Boys." Kim snickered. We walk in and are instantly greeted by one of the works. We walk around with her for a while trying out different couches, beds and stuff to see if it's comfortable. We also look at different stuff. The three of us developed a system last night, to put a sticky note on whatever we wanted so we would remember, which was really helpful. Thankfully my dad and I had alot of money in the bank (shorty wat u drink >.<) from his and mom's pay for serving in the military because without it...we wouldn't be getting any of it. As we walked around and sticky noted stuff we also marked stuff off our lists that we had. After an hour or so the guys came back with food for the three of us and we decided to take a break to eat.

"How it going?" Embry asks as I shove a fry into my mouth.

"Good, we have alot of stuff marked off." I sigh.

"Did you see the manager when he walked out and saw all the sticky notes?" Kim laughed.

'It looks like a damn rainbow in here.' Emily quoted the manager as Kim and I chocked on our food from laughing so hard. As we eat the guys toss around a hacky sack in front of us, except Sam. He sits with us and actually talks to us. After I finish my food I sit and drink my powerade Jake thoughtfully got for me and look over the list.

"ACHOOO!!!" I yell.

"God bless you."

"Did you sneeze your brain out?" Kim laughs.

"No. That was random." I laugh. A few minutes later I throw my stuff away in the dumpster and walk over to the guys. "Having fun?" I ask them. Jake looks up at me and drops the hacky sac.

"Olivia...your nose is bleeding." he says grabbing a napkin.

"What?" I ask confused raising my hand to my face and when I pull it back it's covered in red liquid. "Oh my gosh. How did that happen?" I asked looking down. My jacket is covered.

"How did you not know it was bleeding?" Jake asks placing it over my nose and tilting my head back. He guides me over to Emily who tries to look at it.

"I don't know. I've never had a nose bleed before. OW! Jake that's to hard, you're gonna break my nose."

"Sorry." he apologizes and losens his grip. After a few minutes it finally stops bleeding thankfully and I clean my face off.

"Come here."Emily beckons me over. She gently lifts my head and looks at my nose. "Did you hit it on your arm when you sneezed?"

"No." I sniffle whipping the dried blood off of my upper lip and chin.

"Take your jacket off and put mine on." Jake said sliding his off his shoulders.

"That was weird." I whisper. After a few minutes I'm blood free and we get back to work. Eventually we finish up and I pay for everything then the guys load it all into the truck with some help from the three of us and store workers. One hour. That's how long it took us to get the stuff loaded into the truck. "Hey Em. Do you and Kim wanna go to the house with them and tell them where everything goes while Jake and I go to Wal-Mart and get the small stuff?" I ask as we all get ready to leave.

"Sure, that's fine. See you back at your house." she smiles. Jake and I get in his car and head to the store. There aren't to many Wal-Marts up in our neck of the woods so I was thankful there was one close to us now. When we get there Jake pushes the cart while I fill it with towels, pots, pans, pillows, etc. I end up needing four carts, two hours and the entire back seat of the car to fit half of it.

"The rest can wait till later." I tell him.

"Thank god."

"Thanks for helping me Jake. I appriciate it."

"I'd do anything for you." he replies. I smile at him and lean forward to give him a kiss. When we get back to the house the truck is unloaded and everything is set up.

"Wow!" I exclaim walking in. "Ya'll work fast."

"Who wouldn't with these two as drill sergent?" Quil whispers.

"Well I appreciate it." I smile giving everyone a hug. "Would you guys mind helping carry the bags in? You don't have to put any of that away. I can do that later."

"Sure." It takes two minutes to get thirty-eight bags unloaded from the car. Each of them were carrying at least eight bags each. The guys ended up having to leave to patrol and train with the Cullens. While they were gone, us girls organized everything from the bags. After a while the house was done, with the exception of a few things missing but the essentials were in the house and we collapsed on the couch.

"Thank you guys so much for helping."

"No problem. It was really fun." Emily's enthusiasm was crazy.

"I think I'm gonna head home. Mom is supposed to be working the late shift tonight so I'm stuck babysitting...YAY!" Kim sarcastically jumped in the air then rolled her eyes.

"Ok, have fun." she reluctantly left with her things shortly followed by Emily. I was alone in my house for the first time. I decided to stay here for the night and get my stuff from Sam and Emily's tomorrow because I feel as if I'm gonna pass out any minute. I quickly shower and crash.