Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 41

"How's Cali?" My phone conversation with my dad has been going on for a few hours since he has been gone a week and half. I haven't told him what's been going on with me because I didn't want him to worry when we didn't know IF anything was actually wrong with me. I could just be weird like that.

"Hot, sunny, dry. How's the house? Did you get our stuff from Sam and Emily's?" Loud drilling cut him off in the end a little bit.

"Um, it's empty most of the time and yeah I got it all the other day. Of course the guys helped me move everything in and so did Emily and Kim obvi. When are you coming home?"

"Um, in a few more days. There are a few more things I have to do here but when I'm finished I'll let you know when I leave." I'm so relieved. The battle is taking place tomorrow so hopefully the Cullens and the pack will take care of the newborn army. Everyone is worried about mine, Bella, Kim and Emily's safety so we, well I came up with a plan for all of us so we're safe. The original plan was for Kim and Emily to go to Emily's sister's house, Bella would go to Florida to see her mom and I would join my dad in California. Of course that's not happening. So now the plan is, Kim is going to Portland with her family for her grandma's birthday, Emily is going up to her sister's, while Bella and I go up the mountain to a base camp. Bella's mom and her stepdad are going out of town with his baseball team for a game or something and I couldn't find a reason to tell my dad why I would be going down there. "So are you still going camping with Edward, Bella and Jacob?"

"Yep, we're gonna hike up the mountain and find a spot later on. It was supposed to be a weekend trip but the weather might turn ugly, so who knows at this point." I was kinda excited to do it because I haven't been camping in ages and I absolutely love it.

"Yea, just be careful. I've heard about people going missing up in Seattle and a few in Port Angeles. The last thing we need is the four of you going missing." His voice was serious and nervous at the same time.

"Don't worry dad. I'd kick anyone's butt if they try to mess with me. Plus, have you seen Edward and Jake? I doubt anyone would mess with them." The snicker left my lips.

"True, but still. I'm your father and I'm protective of you."

"Too protective. I promise I will be safe. I'd better get off here and get my stuff together. Love you!"

"Love you too. Have fun and tell everyone I said hi."

"Iy,Iy cap'in." I hung up the phone and put it on charge. I grabbed a douffle bag from the closet and packed it with sweaters, socks, sweatpants and a few other things. I grabbed my sleeping bag and pillow from my bed and accidentally knock my phone off my side table. It bounced off the floor once and flew under my bed. "Crap." I crawl onto my hands and knees to get it but couldn't reach it. "Oh come on." I groaned lying flat and sliding my way under the bed. 'God, it's dusty under here.' I stretched my arm out and barely touched it. "One more." I used my toes to push myself closer and grabbed it. "Yes." I tried to slide back out but I got stuck. "Really!? This can't be happening." I thumbed my forehead against the floor and sighed. I continued trying to out for five more minutes but I couldn't. I was contemplating texting someone but I didn't wanna humiliate myself. "How does this even happen to someone?" As I layed under the bed I started to think about the situation and started laughing hysterically. Seriously, who the hell gets stuck under a bed when they fit under it easily? As I continued to laugh I heard a car pull onto my gravel drive-way. I quickly looked at the time on my phone and laughed. Jake's here to pick me up. I hear him knock on the door and open it.

"Babe!? It's me. Are you ready?" he called. I heard him walking around downstairs. "Olivia? Where are you?"

"My room!" I yell out. God this is gonna be humilitaing. His loud footsteps echoed in the hall and into my room.

"We're gonna meet the pack and Sam's. Are you rea-Olivia?" his voice vibrated the floor.

"Under here." I whisper knowing he could hear me.

"Are-Are you?" he bent down and looked at me. "What are you doing under there?" he halfway laughed.

"I'm stuck." His booming laughter shook the floor and vibrated into my bones. "It's not funny."

"How di-did you get stu-stuck under the bed?" he questioned trying to control his laughter.

"My phone fell off the stand and went under here so I had to crawl under to get it and some how got stuck. Now stop laughing at me and help me." I glared at my now hysterically laughing boyfriend. "NOW!!"

"Ok, ok." He stood up and lifted my bed off of me. I quickly climbed out and stood up.

"Eww." I whined looking at my dust covered front side. He placed my bed back down and continued to laugh. "Hardy har har. It's just so hysterical." I sarcastically laughed and grabbed my pillow and sleeping bag leaving the douffle for him to carry. As I left the room he followed behind me still laughing.

"It is if you think about it." he laughed.

"While you laugh you can load that into the car." I glared at him tossing my pillow and sleeping bag at him which he easily caught. He walked out to the car and I walked to the kitchen to grab a few snacks for Bella and I. I quickly made sure everything was closed and locked before locking the front door and walking to the car. I climbed in the passenger seat while he loaded my stuff. When he got in he looked at me and laughed. I made sure all the dust was off of me and glared at him. "Don't talk to me." I crossed my arms and looked out the window.

"Oh baby, don't be that way. You know I'm just joking." he tried to get me to look at him but I rejected him.

"Drive." He laughed again and pulled out of the drive-way. I could see him out of the corner of my eye as I looked out the windshield. He wasn't laughing but he was still smiling like a freaking idiot. We finally made it to Sam and Emily's. I quickly undid my seatbelt and climbed out. The pack all came out as we walked toward the house but I walked right passed them, glaring.

"What's wrong with her?" Embry asked. I walked to the kitchen where Emily and Kim were talking.

"You ok?" Kim asked seeing my pissed expression.

"No." I heard Jake laugh loudly as he walked into the small house. "It's not funny anymore Jacob. You can fucking knock it off!" I yelled throwing a grapefruit at his head but Sam caught it before it could hit him.

"What is going on?"

"Nothing. Leave it alone." I answered turning toward the girls.

"She got stuck under her bed." Jake replied laughing. The house shook with laughter as everyone laughed except Kim and Emily.

"Hahaha so mature."

"How did you get stuck under your bed?" Collin laughed.

"My phone fell off the table and went under so I had to get it. It's not that funny."

"Oh it's hilarious." Quil gawfed. Kim glared at Jared and he instantly stopped laughing and Emily did the same to Sam.

"Ok guys...that's enough. We need to get ready." he ordered with a slight Alpha tone to it. After a few minutes the guys finally stopped laughing. Sam went over the plans for the rest of the day and tomorrow until the battle. Finally, it was time for us to leave.

"You guys have a safe drive. Text when you get to your grandma's and your sister's." I said hugging Emily and Kim.

"Keep us updated."

"Duh." Jared left to take Kim back home while Emily loaded her bag into the cab of Sam's truck. Sam and Emily said their byes and she left.

"Alright. Let's go meet the Cullens in the field."

"Jake, I think it would be best if you went in your wolf form. I really don't wanna be in the car with you right now." I told him.

"Seriously? Are you actually mad at me for laughing at you?" he asked.

"No, I'm beyond mad." I spat at him.

"Why?"

"Because I was humiliated but you all just laughed in my face. So can I get your keys or am I going to walk?" I asked.

"You're not driving my car while you're mad." he said tucking his keys into his pants.

"Fine." I turned on my heel and walked to his car. I opened the hatch of his car to pull my stuff out. I stuffed my pillow and sleeping bag into the bag. There was just enough room for the two. "See you there." I put it over my shoulder and started walking.

"You're not gonna walk to the field. It's dangerous." Now he was protesting.

"Don't tell me what to do. I'm a grown up."

"Then act like it and stop pouting. Get in the damn car and I'll drive you." he growled at me.

"Jake, dude step off." Embry came over to us along with everyone else.

"Get the fuck off me Jacob." I jerked my arm out of his grasp and walked away.

"Olivia! Get back here!" he yelled but I kept walking. As I got to the road I heard him arguing with the guys.

"Olivia! Wait up!" I turned to see Paul and Seth jogging to me.

"What?" I asked as my voice cracked.

"We're sorry. We did't mean to laugh at you like that. If we would have known that you were humiliated we wouldn't have laughed that long."

"Yeah. Just come back and one of us will drive you up there." Seth's eyes pleading.

"No, I'm not going back there. I don't wanna see him." I turned and continued my walk. I placed my ipod headphones into my ears to keep my mind off of everything. It took me about an hour and forty-five minutes to make it to Forks' main street in town. I texted Alice and asked her to meet me at the gas station. When I got there she was waiting in Rose's cherry red beauty, atleast that's what I call it. When she asked why I walked I told her everything that happened and she snickered slightly.

"It's funny but it's not that funny. They should have seen that you were humiliated and that they were making you feel worse." she smiled.

"Exactly but Jacob doesn't see it that way. He told me to stop pouting. Then told me I need to act like an adult."

"Seriously? What's his deal?"

"He's an ass." We fell quite for a few minutes.

"Oh guess what?" she bounced in the driver seat.

"What?"

"Edward proposed to Bella."

"WHAT!? Oh MY GOSH! WHAT DID SHE SAY??" Wow that is huge.

"She said yes. So I've been planning the wedding for the last couple days. Do you think it would be better to have chairs for everyone to sit on or make benches out of fallen tree trunks?" she was actually asking my opinion.

"Oh the tree trunk idea is awesome. I'd do that one."

"That's what I was thinking but I wanted to get someone else's opinion. Rose really isn't into because of the whole 'Bella being changed after marriage' thing. Esme is in charge of the food while I'm doing everything else." she smiled.

"Am I invited?"

"Well duh." As we continued the ride to the field we talked about the wedding. It took my mind off of the whole situation with Jacob. When we finally got there we met up with the rest of the Cullens and Bella.

"Hey Livia." Rose greeted me with a hug.

"Hey guys." I climbed up onto a fallen tree and sat down. "Hey Ed. I'm gonna go with you to set up camp. Bella can go with Jacob."

"Why, is everything ok?" he asked leaning against the tree next to me. I replayed the fight and sighed. "Ok, that's fine with me." We just hung around until everyone fell silent. "They're here." Edward whispered. I looked toward the hill where the pack appeared. They were in their human forms and not their wolf. "Olivia will go with me to set up camp. Jacob, you will only be taking Bella." Edward informed them.

"No, Olivia is coming with me too." Jake glared at him.

"No, I'm not Jacob. Just because I'm your imprint doesn't mean you can control everything I do. I'm going with Edward. See you up there." I pulled my bag over my shoulder and got ready. Edward kissed Bella quickly and came over to me. He took my bag and I climbed on his back and we took off. When we got to the spot we would be camping out at I helped set up the tent which was really easy since I already knew how. After we finished setting it up we just sat around talking for a while. "Do you think it's gonna get as bad as the weather said?" I asked looking at the horizon.

"I don't think it will but then again you never know with the weather. It's unpredictable."

"That's true."

"So how long are you gonna stay mad a Jacob?"

"A little while longer. I understand that it was funny but it wasn't that funny. Their laughing made it worse because I was already totally humiliated. Why?"

"No reason. Oh...they're here." he said standing up just as Jacob and Bella appeared at the edge of our camp site. Edward and Bella quickly embraced while Jacob stood there looking at me. I stood up and went over to him.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked quietly.

"Sure." I led the way into the trees so they could have privacy and so could we. "Before you say anything, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for my laughing to hurt your feelings. I should have seen that I was hurting you but for some reason, I didn't." he apologized.

"Jake, not only did it hurt me...it's humiliated me even more. Do you know what it's like to have everyone laugh at you for almost an hour like you are a circus animal? It sucks. On top of that, it was you that hurt me the most. You treated me like I was a little kid or dirt. The way you yelled at me like that, was the worst part." I was almost yelling because I hadn't gotten all my anger out.

"I'm sorry. I can't speak for the guys but I know that they would say they were too if they were here. I didn't mean to yell at you like that, you know what happens when us wolves get ticked. We can't help it." Was he really blaming this on his shifting? I could help but scoff at his answer. "What now?"

"So...just because you can turn into a wolf that gives you a right to treat your imprint like crap!?" I yelled leaning on my left leg and putting my hands on my waist to show my annoyance.

"WHAT are you talking about? You're putting words into my mouth. That's not even what I said." Anger rolled off his body as he came a few steps closer.

"Every single time one of you guys say something hurtful or out of anger you blame it on your "inner wolf". Can't any of you just once blame yourselves?"

"No we don't." he scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Oh really? You didn't apologize to Bella last month for getting mad at her by blaming it on your short temper that came with the shifting? Did Embry or did Embry not blame his "inner beast" for going off on Eric Corlin? Because if memory serves me right he did. When Brady and Seth got into that fight, I asked what happened and everyone said wolf issues. You all ALWAYS use your shifting like it's an excuse and I'm tired of it. Why can't you just say that you, for once, got mad and not say something about your wolf anger?" He was finally at a loss for words. We stood in the trees staring at each other. Anger rolling off of both of us. I could see him slightly shaking but not much and his breathing was heavy.

"You're not one of us so you wouldn't understand." Was his answer.

"No, I'm not. Even if I was I wouldn't blame my anger issues on my genes. I'd woman up and blame myself."

"Why are we even arguing about this dumb ass shit?"

"Because you can’t man up for once. You need to learn that you can't just get away with your anger just because you're a shifter. I get that your emotions are stronger because of it but you can't treat people like the way treated me! Get it through your head Jacob, because I'm at my breaking point with the wolf thing. It's like you’re a little boy and I don't wanna date a boy. I need a man."

"Oh, I am a man. I think I've proven that to you." he smirked.

"Sex has nothing to do with it Jacob. UGH!! Why do I even both? I'll accept your apology for laughing but that's it." I say before walking back to Edward and Bella.

"WHATEVER!!! CALL ME WHEN YOU'RE DONE PMSing!!!" he yelled. I turned in time to see him shift and take off down the mountain.

"DICK!!" I yelled after him. I growl loudly and walk out of the trees.

"Everything okay?" Bella asked as I sat next to her on a boulder.

"No. He's acting like a child and I don't wanna be dating one."

"What were you two fighting about? Is that ok to ask?" Hesitation visible on her features. I went on to tell her what happened after I got stuck under the bed and the humiliation of everyone laughing in my face. I even told her about him treating me like dirt then went onto the fight a few minutes ago.

"Wow. Yeah, he should man up and not blame the wolf side. When Edward gets mad he actually blames himself and not his vampire emotions."

"Speaking of Edward...where is he?" I looked around and he was nowhere in sight.

"He had to go hunt...just in case." We sat and talked about nothing unparticular for about an hour. The sun started to set a little and the wind picked up blowing cold air over us. "Ugh!! This is never going to work." she grunted in frustration as she tried to make a fire with sticks.

"Bella...I have a lighter." I snickered.

"You tell me now! I've been trying for ten minutes." she threw the twigs at me and laughed.

"Sorry, if it helps it made me feel better." I snickered.

"Glad I could help. Now how about that lighter." I got up and went to the tent to get it out of my camping bag. When I returned, the fire started as soon as she flicked it. We roasted hot dogs over the fire and made smores while we watched the sun go down. We laughed at each other each time marshmallow stuck to our chin.

"You know something?" I sighed looking into the fire as I roasted another hot dog.

"What?" Marshmallow dripping onto her hand as she put a smore together.

"This is the most romantic date I've ever gone on with a girl." I laughed pulling the roasted wiener out of the fire.

"Well don't let me interrupt." Edward's voice appeared from the other side of the fire making me jump.

"SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS!!! EDWARD CULLEN YOU SCARED ME!!!!" I yelled throwing the hot dog at him.

"Sorry." he laughed sitting next to Bella but not to close because it was getting cold. The rest of the night was spent laughing at stupid jokes and stories until it started to snow. We put the fire out and climbed into the tent where Bella and I dressed for the cold weather. we eventually tried to go to sleep but the temperature was dropping quickly and we were shaking all over. Edward tried to help but there was only so much he could do since his skin was ice cold. Seth and Jacob showed up. Naturally Jake would come to me because I was his imprint and despite our fight he wanted to keep me warm but I was still pissed at him so I cuddled up to Seth. I didn't mind Bella curling up to Jacob because I knew she didn't like him like that. As soon as Seth climbed into my sleeping bag I was out almost immediately.