Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 42

When I wake up the next morning, the tent is empty. The sun is shining through the small opening in the tents zipper, hitting my eyes. I stretch my body out and feel the stiffness of my muscles and bones. I roll over onto my back and groan at the soreness. I sit up to slip my shoes on and as I do I feel like I'm going to be sick. I quickly slide them on and run out of the tent to the trees. After emptying my stomach I wipe my mouth and sit on a boulder next to the tent. "Morning Livia." I look up to see Edward and Bella walking over toward me from the other side of the tent.

"Yeah." I put my head in my hands and sigh.

"You ok?" Curiousness in Bella's tone.

"I'm exhausted. I think I might be getting sick."

"Well, we still have a few hours before the newborns get here so why don't you lay back down for a while. I'll wake you before."

"That sounds like a good idea." I agree with Edward and climb back into the tent. As soon as my head hits the pillow I'm out.

~Nobody's P.O.V~
While Edward, Bella and Olivia are up the mountain at the camp site, the rest of the Cullens and the pack are down at the field where the battle is going to take place. They've discussed strategies on which way would be best to take the army, they decided that when they arrive the pack will attack a minute after so they will give the element of surprise. Right now, the Cullens are on one side of the field while the pack sits in their human form at the tree line on the other side. Of course the pack found out about Jake and Olivia's fight immediately after because he shifted so they know that afterwards there is gonna be some tention between them.

~Jake's P.O.V~
Waiting for the army to get here was boring. I was ready to kill something. We've been sitting by the tree line listening for any kind of movement in case one of them got around the psychics visions but the only sound is from leaves blowing in the wind and the pack laughing. "Kim keeps texting me every hour to make sure we're alright." Jared announced looking at his phone.

"Same with Em. I keep telling her that nothing has happened so far but she just keeps worrying." Sam spoke.

"Heard anything from Olivia?" Seth asked.

"No. she's still PMSing I guess." I answer looking at my pack mates that sat a few feet away from me. "Guess she doesn't care if I'm ok."

"Jake you know she cares. She's just pissed at you. Apologize and she'll forgive you." I glared at Embry.

"She should be the one apologizing. I tried to do it yesterday but she started with all this bull about how I can't man up to my anger problems. She started going off on me by saying that I always blame my inner animal from my anger."

"Well...you do." Collin spoke.

"I'm not the only one she says does it. She accused all of you too." I growled looking at them. Nobody said anything for a while.

"She's right. Think about it. How many times have you gotten angry and blamed our human emotions and not your wolf emotions? I know I've always blamed my shifting for it." Jared said.

"I agree." Leah spoke up rom the other side of the group. I sat there and thought about all the times I've gotten mad and went off. I've always blamed the shifting for my anger problems. Even before Olivia moved here and before I shifted. I never blamed myself for being angry. I always blamed it on someone or something else. Then I thought about how I treated her yesterday. Yelling at her like that.

"Crap." I sigh standing up.

"Where you going Jake?" Sam asked.

"Up the mountain." I ran into the woods and took my shorts off so I could shift. I picked them up in my mouth and ran the five mile path to the camp site they were at. Once I was close enough I shifted back and redressed. As I walked the rest of the way I could hear Edward and Bella talking quietly. As the camp site came into view, Olivia wasn't out here.

"Number one is when you said you'd marry me, Mrs. Cullen."

"This is the 21st century. I at least want to hyphenate my name." I walked up behind them and froze when I heard their conversation.

"You're marrying him?" I growled.

"Jake, I..You knew he was listening!!" Bella yelled at the blood sucker. I could feel my anger building up inside of me.

"He deserves to know." I turned and started to head back down the mountain.

"Jake, STOP!" Bella yelled after me.

~Olivia's P.O.V~
I woke up some time later to loud screams outside the tent. I quickly sat up to slide my jacket on. "DON'T!!!" I heard Bella yell. I quickly slid my shoes on and zipped my jacket. "Jake, stop!" I walked out to see Bella quickly walking away from Edward who was standing in the middle of the clearing.

"Hey, everything ok?" I asked pulling my hood over my head.

"No, Jake found out that we're engaged."

"Oh. By the way...congrats. I'm so happy for you." I smile up at him.

"Don't congratulate me yet. I might have just ruined the engagement." he sighed.

"I'm sure Bella will forgive you. She loves you too much." In the distance I could hear Bella and Jake's voices yelled at each other. "I think I'd better go end it." I follow in Bella's footsteps to find them. As I walk toward their voices they get louder.

"Still not good enough." As I walked closer I could see their shadows.

"Jacob!" I could finally see them. Jake stopped when she said his name. She mumbled something that I couldn't hear. As I watched what happened next, I actually felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. Jake turned to look at her then rushed over to her and kissed her. My body froze in place as I watched my boyfriend/imprinter kiss Bella. I felt my eyes start to sting and fill with tears. When they pulled away I regained feeling in my body and turned quickly to head back to the tent. Tears were pouring out of my eyes and sliding down my cheek like an endless drip of a faucet.

"Livia?" I kept walking passed Edward completely ignoring him.How could Jake do that to me? Was this his way of getting back at me for the fight? I sit on a boulder and cry while thinking of what to do next. Not even a minute later I heard crunching snow and look up to see Bella walking toward us with a guilty expression. I jumped up and walk over to her then I punch her square in the nose. She falls to the ground holding her nose as blood gushes out of it. "OLIVIA! What was the purpose of that?" Edward asked grabbing my shoulders.

"That's for kissing my boyfriend you tramp. You supposed to be engaged and you decide to go around kissing other girls' boyfriends!?" I yell looking at Bella as tears continue to slide down my face. I try to get out of Edward's grasp. He finally lets me go and rushes over to Bella.

"I was trying to get him to stay here. He wanted to get himself killed."

"And that's what you come up with?? I hope Victoria gets a hold of you, you hussie." I glare at her before walking into the woods.

"OLIVIA! COME BACK!" I ignore Edwards shouts and keep walking. My sobs echo off the trees as I continue walking over the snow covered ground. I walk until my legs hurt which isn't very long since my body is still stiff. I finally decide to turn around and head back. I follow my foot prints until they disappear due to the light snow that has started to fall. I look around trying to remember which way I came from but I can't remember. I climb over a boulder and step on a icy patch which sends me sliding off of it and landing on my ankle the wrong way. I heard a snapping sound and lose my balance which sends me tumbling down the hill. I smack my head on a few boulders and get cut up by some bushes. When I finally stop tumbling down the hill I sit up and cry out at the pain iminating all over my body. I feel my head where I hit it. It's warm and sticky. As I look at my hand it's covered in blood. My clothes are torn completely and I'm bleeding. Not the best thing to be doing when a newborn army is coming this way. I try to stand up but the pressure on my ankle makes me scream at the sharp pain that shoots through my body. The snow starts to fall harder and it gets colder. I know that the battle will be over soon and when it is they will come looking for me. I look around trying to find some sort of shelter from the wind and snow but there are only trees. I manage to hobble slightly up the hill toward a cluster of boulders, where I find a small cave like hole in the cluster. I will have to do for a while, until they find me. As I crawl into the mini cave I lean my back against the wall and end up falling asleep.

~Alice's P.O.V~
"Only a few more minutes." I announce. the wolves disappear into the trees to hide. "Get ready." We all take our defensive positions and prepare ourselves. A few seconds later, they can be heard. We take off toward them and the battle begins.

~Jake's P.O.V~
The battle is over quickly. The Cullens gather the remains of the army and toss them into the fire. On the other side of the clearing Edward and Bella emerge hand in hand. Guess that kiss was for nothing. Then I notice something else, Olivia wasn't with them. Where is she? Before I could even ask a loud growl grabs my attention. "LEAH, DON'T" Leah has started fighting with a vamp we missed. She looks like she is gonna lose so I jump in and start fighting him. He ends up getting the upper and and crushing my rips. I fall to the ground and shift back while the pack ends him. Once I'm fully human I let out a scream from the aggonizing pain coursing through my body. Everything around me was blurry. "Jacob. Hold on. Carlisle's gonna take care of you."

"The bones on the right half of his body are shattered." Everything was so blurry.

"Olivia." I whisper.

"Jacob, you idiot. I hat it!" Leah yeleld as the pack came over.

"Leah!"

"I need to reset the bones. The healing process has already started."

"We'll take him back to Billy's."

"Olivia." The groan left my lips as the guys picked me up gently and we left.

~Alice's P.O.V~
As soon as the pack is far enough as I immediately have vision of Olivia. "Guys, we have to end this quickly. Olivia is seriously hurt in the woods."

"How long do we have?" Jasper asks.

"A minute." We go back to the other side and wait.

~Olivia's P.O.V~
When I wake, the sun has started to set behind the trees. Only a little light shines in the trees before me. I'm a little shocked that nobody has found me yet. I reach into my pocket to pull my cell phone out but I forgot it in the tent. "Crap!" I mentally cuss myself and sigh. My entire body hurts. With the little light that is still left in the air I carefully pull my pant leg up and look at my ankle. It's clearly broken, possibly in several areas. My head feels like it's about to explode and the blood has dried. The stuffing that once filled my coat, now is spilling out everywhere. I push some of it back in to keep my body heat from escaping the empty patches. Out of the corner of my eye I see something move in the trees. As I look I start praying it's one of the Cullen or a member of the pack. "Hello? Is someone out there?" I call out into the quietness. I see something move to my right. To fast to be an animal or human. A twig snaps directly in front of me and I jump. As I look I can see the silhouette of a man standing between two trees about ten feet in front of me. "Hello?" As I watch him, he comes closer. I'm afraid to blink so I try to keep my eyes open but they start to sting so I have to. When I open my eyes he is right in front of me. The first thing I notice...his red eyes. I open my mouth to let out a scream but before anything can escape, I pass out.