Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 43

~Jake's P.O.V~
After Carlisle resets my bones he gives me some morphine which helps the pain slightly. "I need Olivia."

"Jake, we have something to tell you." I looked at Sam worried. "We can't find her."

"What do you mean you can't find her? Look at the camping site."

"We did. Right now you need to rest and we will go look for her. She couldn't have gotten that far from the camp." I was going to protest that I had to help but the pain killers are making me tired. "We'll keep you posted." Sam ordered.

~Sam's P.O.V~
Carlisle and I leave the house. The pack is standing outside with Billy, Emily and Bella. Emily came back from her sisters when I told her about Jacob getting hurt. She wanted to be here for Billy. "The worst is over. He'll be all right. I gave him some morphine, but his body temperature will burn it off soon. I'll come back to see up a drip." I walked over to Emily and Billy.

"Thank you." It was a rare thing for Billy to even think about thanking a vampire, but in this case...it was deserved. After they shook hands he quickly left. Everyone stood in silence for a few minutes.

"What happened to your nose?" Leah asked looking at Bella.

"Uh...Olivia...punched me for kissing Jacob." she answered quietly making Leah snicker.

"Leah, don't." I growl sending her a warningful glare.

"Where is Olivia?" Emily asked. Oh crap! I forgot I hadn't told her yet. It's going to break her heart.

"Why don't you all head home. You've done good today." I told the pack. *Join the Cullens in the search for Olivia. They are mostly up by the camp site. I'll join soon.* The telepathic message was clear and loud. They all soon left and I was left to tell them.

"I'm gonna head home. Tell Jake I'm sorry." Bella returned to her truck and left too.

"Sam, where's Olivia?"

"When she saw Bella and Jake kiss, she took off into the woods and didn't return. Everyone is out looking for her right now."

"Does Jake know?" Billy asked turning his chair around to look at me.

"We haven't told him. I'm gonna join everyone. Stay here with Billy for the night, I may be out all night."

"Ok, be careful and call me immediately when you find her." she gave me a quick kiss and I left.

~Olivia's P.O.V~
My eyes crack open a smidge and I'm blinded by the sunlight. I cover my eyes with my hand and try to focus them. As I look at my hand I notice that it's wrapped with a cloth. I had cut my hand when I fell but how did it get wrapped? I sit up and get a little dizzy. "Whoa, careful." A husky but musical voice said next to me. I look to my right and see red eyes.

"AAAAHHHH!!!!!!! GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!" I scream scooting away.

"Stop moving. You'll open your wounds." he said grabbing my arm gently to get me to hold still. His hand is ice cold and makes me jump. It's at this moment that I realize my coat has been taken off of me.

"Please don't kill me. I don't wanna die." I begged crying.

"I'm not going to kill you." his voice was soft and strained.

"I know what you are so you don't have to lie to me. If you're gonna do it please do it fast, I really don't wanna feel anything."

"I'm not gonna kill you, I promise." I look at him sceptically for a minute before I calm down. I still keep my guard up because he is a vampire after all.

"Who are you and what do you want if you're not going to kill me?" I question looking at his hand on my arm. He slowly removes his hand from my arm and moves away.

"My name is Ambros Valetorez and what I want is to find the person who made me what I am." he hissed.

"Well Ambros, I'm Olivia." I say sticking my hand out. His cold one wraps around mine and we shake. "Nice to meet you."

"Like wise. I hope you don't mind but after you passed out I put a splint on your leg and cleaned up your wounds." I looked at my leg and there was a make shift splint wrapped around it with sticks and pieces of my coat. 'So that's where it went.'

"How did you know I had a broken ankle?" I asked exaiming the splint.

"It's one of my powers I recieved after I was changed. I can sense wounds, injuries, sores, illnesses and more. That's how I found you." he answered.

"Why didn't you drink my blood when you smelled it?" I dreaded asking.

"Because you remind me of someone special that I lost a long time ago. Plus the smell of fresh human blood repulses me."

"You're eyes are red...how do you feed?"

"Blood banks. the blood isn't as fresh so I survive off of it." We fell into a silence for a while.

"Thank you. For you know...not killing me and attending to my wounds."

"No need to thank me. So what are you doing out here?" he asked.

"Well...it's a long story."

"I like long stories." he grinned from ear to ear. I looked at him for a minute longer before telling him the jist of it. I told him about Edward and Bella, then about the whole Victoria thing and the army. I then told him about the first fight with Jake and the second fight yesterday which led to the kiss and me coming into the woods. That all led to my injuries.

"That's how I got here, I've tried to move but my ankle kills."

"Have you tried to get a hold of anyone?"

"I forgot my phone at the tent."

"Would you like me to help you? I could carry you so you don't have to walk on your ankle."

"Uh...sure." he stood up and carefully lifted me into his arms. "If you can find forks that would be great. I can tell you where to go from there."

"Yes, Ma'am." he replied and started walking. He didn't use his vampire speed but he was faster and more graceful than a human.

~Cullen and Pack's P.O.V~
The two groups meet up at the Cullen's house to discuss how to patol the surrounding areas for Olivia. They had searched all night for her but couldn't find her sent. It had when covered up by the fresh snow and the light ran that fell during the night. Alice can still see her so they know that she is alive. "Jasper, Alice, Seth and Brady...you'll take the north and north-east. Rose, Emmett, Collin, Jared and Quil will take the east and south-east. Edward, Paul, Leah and Embry will go south and south-west. I'll go with Carlisle and Esme to the west and north-west. She couldn't have walked more than ten miles so that should be the radius." Sam repeated the plan that they had come up with.

"Alice will be watching for her to make a decision. Until then keep your ear pieces in your ears and we will communicate that way. Edward will be able to hear the pack so he will translate to us." Carlisle said.

"What if we..." Seth's voice was sad.

"We'll find her. She's a smart girl, she knows how to survive." Edward stopped him from finishing his question.

"If we don't find her today...we won't give up. We can't." Everyone was silent. As Rose spoke. It's not very often that she shows genuine emotion toward anyone but Olivia is like a sister.

"Let's get going. The sun is starting to come up so it will be easier to see her and her us." Carlisle said. Everyone headed out in their designated directions.

~Rose, Emmett, Collin, Jared and Quil~
"Collin and I will go east if the three of you want to go south-east...cover more ground that way." Quil suggested.

"Why do I have to go with them?"

"We have to stay connected." Quil answered.

"But why me?"

"Fine, I'll go with them. Is that alright with you two?" he asked.

"It's fine. We really should be going." Emmett said. They parted ways and started their search. When the pack shifted they connected their minds and apparently each group at the same idea except for Carlisle, Sam and Esme. Their area was smaller so they would cover it in no time.

~Nobody's P.O.V~
The sun has been up for about an hour and the search party has been looking just that long. Nobody is rushing the search so they are taking their time. Not running as fast and looking more thoroughly. While Alice and Seth checked the north-east side, they ran acrossed something different. It was a vampire's scent.

~Alice and Seth~
"We just found a scent. We're gonna follow it and see where it leads." Alice said looking at Seth who nodded his head.

"Where?" Edward asked.

"A mile north of the field."

"Keep on it." they followed the scent for another two miles to where the mini cave is.

"Guys..we found blood and lots of it. It smells like Olivia." Panic rising in Alice's voice. "The scent is blending with her's...going north-west."

"Ok...head that way and we will meet up." Carlisle ordered.

"Have you been able to have a vision?" Rose asked.

"No because I'm to close to Seth."

'Seth, fall back for a few feet.' Sam ordered. He slowed his run and Alice zoomed ahead of him. After a few more minutes of running Alice ran into Carlisle and Esme. The two wolves fell back to give her space. Alice froze as pictures flashed in her head.

"Alice, what do you see?" Esme asked.

"Snow, trees rushing by. Someone is carrying her in their arms and our house. Maybe the person carrying her is taking her to the house." she answered.

"Let's go." Emmett said. Everyone rushed to the house going as fast as they could.

~Olivia's P.O.V~
As Ambrose carried me toward Forks we talked about ourselves. "You were in the Texas Calvary?? Wow. I know someone who was also in the Texas Calvary…he was a Major.”

“Oh, what was his name? Maybe I know him.”

“His name then was Jasper Whitlock, but now it’s Jasper Hale.”

“The name sounds familiar but it doesn’t ring a bell.” He smirked.

“So, did you kill a lot of people?"

"No, I was a messenger boy I guess you could say. Once day when I was delivering a message to another General I ran into this woman who looked like she was injured. She was covered in blood, so I asked if she needed help. I escorted her to the closest town where I stayed over. I had planned to leave the next morning but before I could leave, she came to my room and attacked me. When I woke up I was what I am now. She told me she created me to be her mate but I was already due to get married and denied her. She lost it and killed my fiancé and my entire family. so I’ve been seeking her for revenge."

"Wow...that's so heartbreaking. How old were you when you were turned?"

"Seventeen. Marriage usually happened when you're young back then and it was always out of love. Over the years, that's changed." he shook his head climbing easily over a large fallen tree.

"Yeah...now and days getting married that young either means you're prego or polygamist." I snickered. We fell into a silence for a few minutes until we came to the top of a hill that had a small clearing. I looked at the site at the end of the hill and grinned. "That's Forks." I continued to look and it was a complete 360 degree view. I looked to the north of the town and smiled. About three miles north of the town was a large clearing. The Cullen’s. "Do you see that clearing?" I asked. He nodded his head as he looked at it. "That's where we are going." I smile.

"Alright...hold on tight." With that he took off at the speed of light. As we made out way to the house I noticed something change with the woods. There were others running along with us. I focused on a blur that looked like fur and smiled. Just when I thought that everything was going to be ok, Ambrose stopped in his tracks. I looked up at him to see that he was looking directly ahead of us. As I looked, the Cullen’s and the pack were blocking our path.

"Olivia, are you alright?" Carlisle asked.

"Yes, I'm just fine." I smiled.

"I took care of her." Ambrose said.

"Well we can take her from here." Paul said shifting back to his human form.

"Of course." Ambrose walked forward and handed me to him.

"Thank you so much Ambrose...if it wasn't for you i'd probably be dead. I hope you get that evil bitch." I smiled at him.

"It was my pleasure, Senorita. I may come back, hope to see you around." he smiled back at me.

"Adios amigo!"

"Adios." he laughed before disappearing.

"Olivia, are you ok? Did he hurt you?" Alice asked walking over to me.

"I'm fine."

"Let's get her back to the house so I can take a look at her." Ten minutes later I was sitting in Carlisle's office wearing a tank top and shorts. He treated my gashes and cleaned the wound on my head before looking at my leg. "Look like Ambrose did a very good job with your ankle."

"How broken is it?" I asked as everyone stood around me.

"Well the X-Ray shows a break in your talus, a small break to your medial cuneiform of your ankle. There is also a fracture to your tibia." Carlisle explained looking at the X-Ray hanging on the light board.

"Oh yay!" Sarcasm fell off my lips as I spoke.

"I'll get you all wrapped up and set. What color could you like?"

"Purple...duh!" I smiled.

"Ok, just sit tight and I'll be right back."

"Where else am I going to go?" Everyone had started their own conversation amongst themselves so I just sat on the table looking at my swollen lower half. Eventually I looked around the room and noticed someone missing. "So not only does he kiss Bella, but he doesn't care enough about me to make sure I'm alright?" I whisper.

"Olivia, there is something we need to tell you." Sam's deep voice vibrated the bed. I looked at him waiting for him to continue. "During the battle...we missed one and Leah tried to take it out. The vamp got the upper hand on her so Jake joined in to help her. Bottom line is...Jake got hurt."

"Almost all the bone on his right side was shattered."

“That was hours ago…shouldn’t he be healed and everything?” Nobody answered as Carlisle came back into the room and started wrapping my leg with the help of Alice. Thankfully before he did that he gave me large amounts of pain meds or else this would really hurt. Before he finished I ended up falling asleep on Alice’s shoulder.