Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 49

"So you're actually going?" Jake asked over the phone. He managed to get a worker at a diner somewhere in southern California to let him use the phone. He kept his promise and called me everyday which made me happy.

"Your dad decided to go and I promised you I'd go with him. Seth and Sue are coming to just to keep an eye out. I'm thankful he is coming because your dad is still beyond mad at me for not taking his side but I know it's on- OW KIM!! THAT'S SKIN!" I yelled as Kim accidently burned my ear with the curling iron.

"Sorry." she whined. "If you weren't moving, it wouldn't have happened." she tapped my forehead.

"Well I can't help it. My ass is asleep and I can't feel it." I replied making Jake and her laugh.

"How much longer till...you know?" Jake asked. I caught a quick glance at my phone and sighed.

"Gotta leave in an hour. My makeup is done, I just hope my hair will be done in time." I smirked looking in the mirror at Kim.

"LIV!!! SETH IS HERE!!!" my dad yelled from downstairs.

"SEND HIM UP!!" I heard loud footsteps then Seth hopped into my room. "Waddup good looking?" I smirked looking at him.

"I need help with my tie. My mom is at Billy's helping him get ready and Leah didn't wanna help me." he sighed sitting on my bed.

"Tell Seth I said not to wear a tie, it will only choke him." Jake said on the phone.

"Jake said not to wear it, it will end up choking you." I told him.

"That's Jake? Can I talk to him?" he asked. Jake was like an actual older brother to him and he looked up to him. I handed him the phone and he left the room. A few minutes later my hair was done and I quickly got into my dress and shoe. Yes, shoe. This stupid boot limits my foot apparel to one shoe. As I pulled my sweater over my shoulder's Seth's voice started growing louder. "...then Paul punched him in the face and kissed his girl." Seth's booming laughter echoed off the walls.

"That still doesn't make him a bad ass Seth. It was a dare that turned into a fight that made him win the dare." I told him as I fixed my dress.

"Still, none of us would have done that."

"That's because you're smart." Kim smiled. "I'd better get going. My mom needs my help tonight. Call me later and tell me every detail." she smiled giving us a hug before leaving.

"We'd better get going, we have to pick up your mom and Billy." As he helped me down the stairs he handed me the phone.

"I'll see you soon." Jake's smooth voice said over the phone.

"Can't wait, I love you." I smiled.

"Love you too." He hung up the phone and I turned to my dad.

"We're out of here. You sure you don't wanna go?" I asked.

"I'm good. I don't know them that well and I'm gonna have a few friends come over. But take lots of pictures." he smiled.

"Will do." I gave him a quick hug before we headed toward the door.

"See ya Mr. Waterman." Seth said following after me. When we got to the steps he helped me down them and into the van. As we pulled up to Billy's house I honked the horn and Seth hoped out to help Billy get in. Sue took the passenger seat while the boys sat in the back. Once we got to the Cullen's we found our seats in the back and waited. Everything was incredibly beautiful. Alice and Esme did a fantastic job on the decorations. Ever since the battle I really haven't talked to any of them except Carlisle because of my leg. Billy sat on the edge next to Sue while Seth and I sat between her and Seth. "Guess they went all out."

"Well how often does a bitch marry a vampire?" I snickered. I looked to the front to see Alice and Jasper looking at me. "I'd better go say hi. Come with?"

"Sure." Seth gently gripped my arm and helped me to the front.

"Olivia! How are you? You look great!" Alice smiled giving me a hug.

"Good. Hey Jaz...how you doing with, everything if you catch my drift."

"I'm managing." he smirked.

"You did an amazing job Ali. The yard looks beautiful." I smiled looking around.

"Thanks." We fell into a really awkward silence. Since the battle things have been different because Alice was always with Bella and I really didn't want to be around her because of the kiss. It also hasn't helped that Edward is mad about me punching Bella, but she deserved it. "So have you heard from Jacob?" she asked.

"Yeah, everyday. Why?" I asked. Why would she be asking if I've talked to my boyfriend.

"Bella and Billy haven't heard from him since he left...she's worried about him." she answered. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Bella, Bella, Bella. That's all I ever hear about now." I whispered before turning and limping away.

"Hey, you ok?" Seth whispered keeping pace with me.

"Just fine. I can't wait for this to be over with." I sighed as I took my seat next to Sue. A few minutes later the music started to play and soon Bella walked out with Charlie. As much as I couldn't stand her...she looked really pretty in her dress. Very classic and shique. Twenty minutes later they had their first kiss as husband and wife, then we headed toward the reception area. We sat at a table in the back, away from the vampires. Several people gave speeches, toasts and cheers for a while until we were able to eat. After we ate music started and people were on the dance floor or talking to Edward and Bella.

"Wanna go congratulate them with us?" Sue asked touching my arm.

"Um...I'll follow you but I won't say anything." I replied. The four of us got up from the table and went to say congrats. I stood slightly behind Seth glaring at Bella who kept looking at me.

"Olivia, would it be alright if I talked to you for a second?" She asked.

"I guess...it's your day." She kissed Edward quickly and led me toward the back porch of the house. Once we stopped I crossed my arms and sat down because my leg started to hurt about ten minutes ago.

"What do you wanna talk about?" I glared looking at my shoe.

"I'm sorry." she sighed looking at me nervously.

"Psh, yeah right." I scoffed looking at her.

"Olivia, I'm trying to apologize and you're making it difficult." she put her hands on her hips.

"Well I don't want your apology." I glared looking at her.

"Oh." Her voice was so quiet that I barely heard her speak. We fell into silence for a minute. "Have you heard from him?" she asked.

"Yes, I have. He's calls me everyday to talk to me." I answered with a smirk.

"How is he?"

"He's doing great, it's sad that he had to leave the state to get away from you."

"Olivia." Edward's voice appeared behind me. "You don't have to be mean." he said.

"I'm not...I'm being honest." I hissed.

"Bella...one of your gifts is here." Edward whispered to his 'bride'. He looked toward the woods to our right and I followed his gaze. At first all I saw was darkness then I saw Jake emerging from the trees.

"Jake." I gasped. I quickly stood up and reached out toward him. My leg was hurting to walk on so he came to me and picked me up into his arms and spun me around. "Oh my gosh I missed you." I squealed kissing him passionately.

"Mmmm...I missed you too. You look incredibley sexy by the way." he smirked looking down at my slightly exposed chest.

"Why thank you." I smirked before kissing him again. "Why did you come back so early? I wasn't expecting you for two more days." I smiled.

"He's here to see Bella." Edward answered my question.

"I'm not here to see her...I came to say goodbye, since this is her last night as a human." he growled. "Do you mind if I dance with her once?" he asked looking at me.

"Not at all...just hurry because I've been really lonely for a week." I pouted making him growl.

"Oh I will." He kissed me and gently placed me on my feet and the two walked a few feet away toward the trees. I slowly made my way back to the table where Sue and Billy were sitting, while Seth was talking to some of the kids from Forks.

"Guess who is back?" I smiled. They looked at me confused for a second. "Jake...he's dancing with Bella right now." I smiled.

"And you're smiling why?" Seth asked sitting next to me.

"Because he's back." As I turned my focus to the dance floor, about a minute later Seth tensed up and looked toward the spot that Jake was with Bella. "What's going on?" I asked.

"I'll be right back." he said quickly before hastily walking away.

"What I would give to have super hearing or be able to follow him quickly." I sighed. I kept looking toward the trees and finally Edward emerged with Bella in tow. As they returned to the dance floor. The father/daughter dance started. "Billy...I know that you are mad at me for not taking sides the other day but...would you dance with me since my dad wanted to be lazy and stay home?" I asked turning toward him. His face was hard but fell into his usual soft one as he smiled.

"Of course...just watch your feet, I suck at it." he warned leading the way to the dance floor. Once there I grabbed his hands and we swayed slightly to the music. It wasn't actually dance since he was limited because of his chair but it was still nice. "You wanna know something that I've never told any girl Jake has ever dated?" he asked.

"What's that?" I smiled.

"I think that you are the best thing that has happened to Jake since Sarah died." I stopped dancing and looked at him.

"Oh Billy, that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever told me." I gasped placing a hand on my chest.

"When she passed, Jacob was absolutely crushed. He was a momma's boy and he just wasn't the same after that. Even as he grew up it still effected him. Then when Bella moved here, one thing after another happened hurting him. First, his mom passes, then the girl he loves rejects him, then he is struck with the shifting gene and now his best friend is giving her life to become one of them. But in the middle of all this horrible stuff...you have been there to help him through. I haven't seen him this happy since before...Sarah."

"That's because I'm awesome...and his imprint." I smiled.

"Even before he imprinted on you...when ever you guys talked online, he was always smiling. That boy has been in love with you since day one. Between you and me...even if he hadn't imprinted on you, I wouldn't mind calling you my daughter. Even now...I can't wait." he smiled spinning me around his chair.

"Billy...I-I...Thank you." I smiled giving him a hug as a tear slid down my cheek. When I stood back up Seth was walking over to us with Sue. "Is everything ok?" I asked.

"Jake said he'd see you later."

"Di-Did he leave again?" I asked panicked.

"The wedding yes, town no. He and Bella had an argument and we had to pull him back before he shifted. But everything is ok now. He told me to tell you he's sorry." he said looking at Billy.

"We'd better go then. It's almost over anyways." Sue said. She helped Billy toward my van while Seth carried me. Once we were all inside we headed back to La Push. "It was lovely wasn't it?"

"It was really beautiful and as much as I can't stand Bella...she actually looked nice." I replied flipping on the headlights.

"Did that give you any ideas for your wedding?" she asked.

"What wedding? I don't plan on getting married for a while."

"What if Jake proposed right now...how long would it be till the wedding?"

"Do you know something I don't know? Oh I hope he doesn't." I sighed. "Please tell me he's not going to." I begged.

"Liv, proposing is the last thing on his mind right now. He's thought about it but he isn't going to do it for a while." Seth said.

"Better not be too long. I'd like to be alive for it." Billy said making everyone laugh.

"Well if he proposed right now...the wedding would probably be in two maybe three years." I replied answering Sue's question.

"Why so far away?"

"My parents got married when he was twenty three and she was twenty two." I smiled.

"That's sweet."

"What if he never proposes?" Seth asked.

"Don't be rediculous Seth."

"If he never does then I'll be just fine with that as long as I'm his and he is mine." I smiled pulling into Seth and Sue's driveway. "I know when you shift he is going to see this conversation in your thoughts so make sure you get this one clear. I'd spend the rest of my life with him with or without marriage. As long as he gives me babies." I laughed.

"Amen to that." Billy agreed.

"I'll make sure he sees that too." Seth smirked before getting out to grab Billy's wheelchair. "We'll see you later."

"Bye guys and Billy." He stopped to look at me. "Thank you for saying what you said earlier. It meant alot to me." I smiled.

"I only speak the truth." he smirked before Seth slid the door closed and rolled him into the house. If I didn't know better I would say that Sue and Billy are getting really close. Once they were inside I pulled my phone out and called Jake's house to see if he was there.

"God I thought you'd never call." He instantly said when he picked up.

"Sorry, I was in a deep conversation with your dad, Sue and Seth."

"What about?" he asked.

"Stuff that doesn't concern you at this instant. What are you doing?"

"Just took a shower, now I'm laying in my bed all alone." A sexy tone appearing to his voice.

"Why don't you invite one of the guys over...I heard that Embry likes to cuddle." I laughed loudly.

"Hardy har har. You're so funny. I was actually hoping you would come over."

"Hmmm I think I'll pass." I said sounding serious.

"WHAT!? Are you for real?" he asked.

"Yeah, I mean I'm really tired from partying it up with Seth, your dad and Sue. I'm just gonna go home and sleep. Plus my ankle is really hurting." I was obviously lying but he didn't know that, well I wasn't lying about my leg because it was KILLING me. I pulled into my driveway and got out. As I made my way up the steps I heard laughing coming from inside. It wasn't my dad's laughter...it was a females. "Uh babe, hold on a second." I unlocked the door and walked in. "Dad?" I walked into the living room and froze. My dad was laying on the couch with some girl on top of him.

"Shit, Olivia. What are you doing here?" he asked standing up shocked.

"Uh...I live here." I was beyond confused.

"I meant what are you doing here to early?"

"We decided to leave early, who is she?" I asked looking at the girl standing awkwardly next to him. She was quite attractive. Blonde hair, big blue eyes and she was about my height.

"Oh uh honey...this is-"

"Hi, I'm Wendy. It's so nice to finally meet you." 'Wendy' smiled walking over to stand in front of me.

"OLIVIA?" I heard Jake yelling from my phone.

"Let me...call you back." I said into the phone before hanging up. "What do you mean 'it's nice to FINALLY meet me'?" I asked looking at the two of them. My dad walked around the couch and stood next to Wendy. He wrapped his arm around her waist affectionately. My eyes widened as I looked at the two of them. "Are you-? Is she-?" I looked at them with a slight smile. "Oh my god! Are you two dating?" I asked looking at them.

"Yes." my dad answered.

"Oh my gosh that is so awesome!! Why didn't you tell me you were dating?" I asked smiling at my dad.

"I didn't know how you would take it. It's always just been the two of us and I didn't want you to feel weird with me bringing someone else into the picture." he replied rubbing the back of his neck.

"Dad, I want you to be happy and if Wendy makes you happy then I'm glad you're together. How long have you been dating eachother?" I asked.

"We met on the base in Arizona. I'm a friend of your Uncle Levi's girlfriend." Wendy answered looking at him.

"That is so cool. Now we both have someone special. Oh where are my manners. I'm Olivia, nice to meet you." I smiled sticking out my hand.

"It's nice to meet you too. You look just like your mother." Wendy smiled.

"I get that alot, thank you."

"So how was the wedding?" Dad asked.

"Eventful but glad I'm out of there. Speaking of, Jake is back and I'm gonna stay the night with him so I'd better get going. Would you go up to my room to grab my bag on my bed along with my pain medicine?" I asked my dad.

"Sure sweetie." He left leaving us two girls alone.

"What did you do to your leg?" she asked.

"Hiking accident. Lost my balance and tumbled down a hill breaking my ankle in two places and my tibia. Graceful aint I?" I laughed as my dad came back down. "Well you two have fun...but be safe." I said pointing a finger at my dad.

"Ma'am yes Ma'am!" he said saluting me.

"You're an idiot." I laughed before turning toward the door. "Bye." I went back out to my van and called Jake back. "Sorry, I have a bedtime story to tell you. But first I'm gonna need you to help me out of my van, my leg is killing me." I said pulling into his driveway a few minutes later.