Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 7

I didn’t know how to act now. It’s been three days since I’ve talked to any of the guys, even Emily and Kim. I felt bad about not talking to them but I didn’t know what to say to them. I mean they obviously had to know that Jake and Paul were…well I’m not exactly sure what they are. I mostly stayed in my room listening to my music and looking out the window. Every time I thought about them the images of that night flashed in my head making my heart race. It just wasn’t normal, I mean nobody should turn into what they were but they did. Several times several of them had come up to my door and knocked on it but I just pretended to be busy or asleep or I just completely ignored them. A few nights ago I heard them talking about something in the woods that’s been lurking around for a couple days ‘what else could be lurking out there?’ I thought to myself. Was big foot on a rampage? Who knows but whatever it is every time the guys would leave and head into the woods I’d catch myself wanting to follow them to find out but several times I stopped myself because the image of Jake and Paul growling at each other would flash through. Even though I’ve been locked in my room I did still eat, shower and everything but when I ate I always wore my headphones on full blast and I would eat on the back porch or in the living room away from them. As I sat in my room now I decided to look up stuff on my laptop to try and find out what they were exactly. I typed in the search bar several different words that described them like ‘wolf men, men turning into wolves, etc.’ I ended up finding one of the Quileute legends online and read it. It started off talking about the first pack and everything, them about the third wife, the cold ones, and on. As I read I started realizing that i could’ve put two and two together a long time ago from what the legend said about the signs. Their body temperatures were deathly high, they were extremely talk, built and could eat more than half the US marine’s back in California. After I finished reading it I turned off my laptop and sat it on my desk. I realized that I really couldn’t run away from them so I was gonna have to face them. It was now or never. I looked in the mirror at my reflection to make sure I wasn’t a mess and thankfully I wasn’t. I slipped on my house shoes and walked out of my room toward the top of the stairs where I heard all the guys, Emily and Kim conversing somewhere. Probably in the living room. I sucked in a deep breath and walked down the stairs slowly till I got to the bottom and walked through the small area to the living room where everyone was sitting around talking. Nobody had realized my presence so I cleared my throat. Everyone fell silent and looked at me with a nervous expression. “Hi guys.” I said quietly.

“Olivia…um about what happened, would you give us a few minutes to explain. I understand that you’re probably scared, anger and confused but we can explain it to you.” Sam said calmly standing up.

“Uh there’s no need. I read the legend about your heritage and everything online.” I said looking at him then the floor. I heard a few people sigh. “I’m still confused on everything and of few other things also.” I said looking around at everyone.

“Ok, if you want we can answer any questions you have and I think we can handle any remark you have.” He said.

“I do have a few remarks but first my questions.” I said.

“Ok, have a seat.” He said. I looked around and there was nowhere to sit until Jake and Paul stood up emptying their seats.

“No thank you.” I said politely. I walked out of the room and grabbed a chair from the kitchen then brought it back to the living room and sat down.

“Ok, now what did the internet tell you exactly? Cause you know how it lies sometimes.” Sam asked sitting back down. I sighed and told them everything I had read on the site, about the cold ones, the third wife, the signs, the things that change in them when they turn or shift or whatever you want to call it, then about imprinting and everything else I read.

“So what’s true and what’s not?” I asked looking at him.

“Where on earth did you find it?” Sam asked.

“Yahoo, why?” he asked.

“Because everything you just told us is exactly how our legend is.” He said.

“Oh.” I said quietly.

“So…what are your questions?” he asked. I asked him a few questions like who all was involved in this (all of them except Emily and Kim), why they left so much (to patrol for the cold ones aka vampires or as they called them leeches or bloodsuckers), what the cold ones look like (of course you know, beautiful, red eyes, pale), and a few other questions. We sat in the living room for about two or three hours talking, me asking questions and them answering them. At around twelve Emily decided to make lunch so I went out back and ate while I took everything in and thought about more questions for the second round. When everyone was done everyone headed back into the living room. I sat in my chair for a few minutes thinking of a question out of the several that I have. None of them were good except for a few and I really needed to know the answer to them.

“I have a few more questions then I will let everyone go about their day.” I said looking at everyone as they nodded. “Ok, this really isn’t a question but explain imprinting.” I said looking around. Jared wrapped an arm around Kim, while Sam did the same to Emily.

“Imprinting is something that happens to us when we find the one we are meant to be for the rest of our lives. It’s like…love at first site. Nothing in the world matters except making her happy, she is what’s holding you down to the earth and not gravity. We would do anything to protect her, to see her smile.” Jared said looking at Kim who smiled at him.

“Like soul mates.” I said looking at Jake and Paul unconsciously.

“Exactly.” Sam said.

“So…you imprinted on Emily?” I asked confused slightly.

“Yes, and Jared imprinted on Kim and Quil imprinted on Emily’s niece Claire.” Sam answered.

“Wait what? Claire? As in the four year old Claire?” I asked shocked.

“When we imprint we can’t control it. We have no say on who or when we imprint, it just happens.” Embry said.

“But she’s four. He’s seventeen.” I said pointing at him.

“It’s not like that. Yes I imprinted on her but not in the way that Sam imprinted on Emily or the way Jared imprinted on Kim or the way Ja-“ Quil started only to get a nudge from Seth who was sitting next to him. “It’s more of a brotherly thing. I will always be there for her as a big brother, a protector, or a best friend as she gets older. Then when she hits her teenage years she may or may not feel the same way toward me as I feel for her. Yes I will always love her but not like that. Hopefully she will feel the same as me.” Quil answered.

“But you’ll be almost thirty by the time she’s in her teens.” I said kinda grossed out.

“Mentally we will be and to each other we will be but not physically. Our bodies are frozen like this forever, when we faze…we stop aging.” Seth said.

“So you’re stuck in a fifteen year old body even though your seventeen?” I asked which he nodded in reply. “And the rest of you are stuck like this forever?” I asked and they nodded. “So what happens when Kim and Emily get old and pass away? What are you guys going to do then?” I asked. I had obviously hit a nerve with the four of them but not one that made them mad but…upset, hurt, like they were going to cry.

“We try to not think about that.” Sam said. I nodded my head understanding what he meant. To lose the love of your life would be painful. I sighed as I took everything in for a few minutes when one very important question hit me like a ton of bricks.

“Why did you guys tell me? We’ve been friends for YEARS and I have to find out by what happened.” I said looking around the room.

“Would you have believed us if we had told you over the phone?” Embry asked.

“No. Maybe. I don’t know, but you could have warned be before I decided to come here so I could have at least a HINT of what I was getting myself into.” I said getting a little upset.

“We didn’t think you were going to find out like that.” Jake said quietly from the other side of the room.

“How long were you going to wait to tell me? Were you guys going to wait till I realized that I was getting older and you were staying young and beautiful forever?” I asked standing up. Nobody said anything. “I thought we were friends?” I said looking at everyone.

“We are friends.” Seth said.

“Friends don’t keep secrets from friends, especially when one of the friends decide to move to a town that is full of secrets.” I said getting more upset.

“I’m pretty sure there are secrets that you’ve never told us before.” Embry said. I looked at him like he had eight heads.

“I never kept anything from any of you. Even when I didn’t think it would matter I still told you. I told you stuff about the military that I was never allowed to tell you and if someone found out I would be locked up in a federal prison for the rest of my life, but I trusted you guys enough not to go run off and tell everyone you saw about the stuff that the military was doing. But obviously you guys didn’t trust me enough to tell me that little secret. Some friendship we have.” I said as I stood there with tears blurring my eyes. Emily stood up to obviously give me a hug but I turned and darted up to my room slamming my door shut.

~Paul’s P.O.V~
We had done the last thing in the world that any of us wanted to do to her. We betrayed her trust. We lied to her. I couldn’t help but feel like my world had crashed down when I saw her cry and run out of the room. I wanted nothing more than to follow her but I knew she wouldn’t talk to me. I felt as if I could cry.

~Jake’s P.O.V~
I can’t believe that we had actually hurt her that much. We had planned on telling her in a few weeks before she found out when Paul and I fazed right in front of her. None of us thought that she would be this mad at us for hiding it. I figured she would be a little upset and probably ask why we didn’t tell her sooner but I never thought she would actually thing that we had done this on purpose. Yes I will admit that I was happy that everything was out in the open but at the same time my imprint was upstairs crying because she thought her best friends had betrayed her trust. I felt my heart shatter as I saw a tear fall from her cheek to the floor before she turned and darted out of the room.

-*-*-Nobody’s P.O.V-*-*-
The pack didn’t know what to do after Olivia ran out of the room crying so they sat around for a little while longer before heading their separate ways. Emily started making dinner, Jared took Kim home, Seth went home to let Leah know what happened since she didn’t come over, Sam Embry and Quil went to patrol while Jake and Paul hung around the house thinking about their imprint who was upstairs upset because of them. Olivia knew deep down that they didn’t mean to keep it from her, that they never meant to lie to her, that they were sorry but they still lied to her. She risked everything to tell them about stuff she shouldn’t have all because she trusted them but they didn’t. Yes she knew that they trusted her or they wouldn’t have told her at all, the would’ve probably made up a lie like it was a dream or something. She sat on her bed thinking about everything that happened in the last few hours. Thinking over everything she had been told, everything she had learned, everything that still frustrated her. ‘How could everything take a horrible turn in less than a week?’ she thought. She had thought several times over the last few days about forgetting everything and going back to the base but that was the LAST thing she wanted. She was so excited about starting school in the fall, being able to hang out at the beach, attending the bon fires everyone had told her about and more. She needed to clear her head and she couldn’t do that in her room that was dull and depressing. After a while of thinking everyone returned back to the house and Emily announced that dinner was done. She grabbed her headphones and headed for the door but it was dead so she was stuck having to listen to them talk. During dinner nobody hardly said a word, it was strange. Tension was in the air, everyone was nervous around her and it was awkward. After eating she headed back to her room and decided to take a shower then head to bed. Before she could drift off to sleep she decided that she was going to be the bigger person and forgive everyone and move on. They didn’t do it on purpose. She knew that if she had a secret like that she would probably want to wait to tell people till the right time. ‘Tomorrow is a new day, a new day to start over.’ She thought before falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this was kinda shorter than the rest.