Long Live

Long live the walls we crashed through

“This was us recording our first day at Shattuck-Saint Mary’s. It’s pretty bad filming.” Sidney said laughing as he put in the DVD. On the DVD was written in messy sharpie ‘first day’. The video actually had their first week in it but they just refereed to the video as their first day.

Sidney Crosby and Emma Hill were currently on their way to Shattuck-Saint Mary’s where both of them would be attending their senior year. The taunting just got to much for the two from other players. So they decided to accept the offer from the prestigious hockey school.

“Why are you so nervous?” Emma asked Sidney holding the camera up Sidney’s face. She had zoomed in a little to close so she had to zoom out.

“Because what happens if we can’t live up to the expectation?” A young high pitched voice Sidney asked his friend. He was nervous of all the expectations that the two of them had coming into this school.

“We can never live up to the expectation. But we can always try.” Emma replied surprising Sidney. Usually her response would have been a long the lines of who cares what people think? and things like that. Yet now she actually sounded like she put deep thought into her answer.

The video then got turned off quickly as the two boarded the plane. They were flying from Nova Scotia to Minnesota. Their moms both cried on the ride to the airport since their babies were leaving for school. The next time they would see their kids was during the winter time if they didn’t have any games going on but they probably did have games.

When the video turned back on it was during flight and the T.V showed a sleeping Sidney Crosby. Then the video cut off again only to appear again with Sidney got had a heart drawn on his face. In the heart was the name of Emma Hill. In the background you could hear the soft giggles of an 17 year old girl. Then a hand appeared in the screen with a black sharpie. She drew a black mustache on him before erupting in huge laughter.

The video was cut again but this time it showed a Sidney Crosby and Emma Hill sitting down on the bleachers. This time someone was holding the camera and the person was Jack Johnson who grew close to the two friends. He met Sidney while trying out for the hockey team and he just thought Emma was hot.

“How does it feel to have lines made around you guys on the first day of tryouts?” Jack asked laughing as both Sidney and Emma rolled their eyes at him.

“We didn’t have lines created around us on the first day of try outs Johnson.” Emma said rolling her eyes at him again.

“Are you sure? Because it sure seemed like it.” Jack asked pushing their buttons. The only response the got though was a middle finger from Emma. Sidney looked surprised when she did that on camera.

“Shut up Jack.” Sidney said laughing a little but quickly put it to rest when Emma glared at him. She always hated it when people made it seem like she got special treatment.

“Well if my opinion counts for anything, I think you guys are going to beat all expectations.” Jack said as the Sidney and Emma shared a look to each other. It was a look that only the two of them understood.

The video somehow went mute thanks to Johnson but it showed the Sidney and Emma laughing over something that he said. Soon all three of them got up from the benches. The last shot of the video was of Sidney wrapping his arm around Emma’s shoulder as they made their way up the stairs. Puberty had hit Sidney Crosby making him taller than Emma Hill for the first time in his life.


“Did you guys ever date?” Jordan asked his father. Throughout the video it made it seem like they were dating in some ways.

“No, we never dated but we never had serious relationships with anyone else. Like simply didn’t have a girlfriend because everyone thought Emma was my girlfriend. And when I did have a girlfriend it never lasted long.” Sidney said explaining the reason why growing up he didn’t have any real girlfriends.

“How was the season?” Mario asked his father, Mario was always interested in hockey. He was going to attended Shattuck-Saint Mary’s in the fall for his junior and senior year of high school.

“We broke and set pretty much every record.” Sidney said laughing noticing how naive he was back then. There he thought that standing up to expectation simply couldn’t be done because the bar was set to high. But in reality the bar was set pretty low for them, and he was glad that they broke through the walls of expectation.

Looking at Mario, Sidney couldn’t help but feel for the sorry for the kid. He was gonna go through exactly what Sidney had when through so many years ago. But this time it was going to be worse because ‘Crosby’ was a household name now unlike when he played hockey. Now the walls of expectation is much higher for Mario than it every was for Sidney or Emma.

Lauren got off from the couch and went to the box to visit her father who was digging through the box. There she realized exactly how much things were in the box to begin with. Lauren pulled out a; newspaper clippings all in one sheet protector.
♠ ♠ ♠
6 comments?! I would like to thank the people that have commented:
laurenx007
zoomsebby (x3)
NMT82
-So if you actually look at it I only got 3 comments but thanks to zoomsebby I ended up with 6 comments. In the beginning I got so many comments before but they just sort of stopped. Any way that I can make this story better please comment, it'll be greatly appreciated.
-I thought this was a decent chapter. I'm thinking the next one will be a little more dramatic because of the newspaper clippings. But other than that it'll be a somewhat like this chapter.
-Only 6 or so more chapters left of this story. If you haven't noticed but each chapter title is the first line of every verse in the song 'Long Live' but I will not repeat chapter titles because I simply don't want to. That is why there will be only 6 or so chapters left.
-I can't believe that Sidney is out with a concussion and I wish him all the best of recovery. People are saying he is taking long but its good that he is taking his time and not rushing into everything.
&comments please(: