Long Live

Long live all the mountains we moved

"I heard you're telling our kids stories about Emma." Sidney's wife said with a snide in her voice. She couldn't stand Emma and didn't want her children to be poisoned with her nonsense. Emma was too much a free spirit and she didn't want her stories to inspire her children.

Sidney rolled his eyes, he didn't know which kid told on him but he wasn't in the mood to fight with this wife. "Who cares?!" Sidney yelled getting into bed and turning his back to her side of the bed.

"I care, you need to stop telling them about her." His wife said trying to cuddle with her husband. Sidney just shook her off trying to go to sleep, he was irritated with her at the moment and sex wouldn't fix it.

Late one night while Sidney was still at the rink getting some extra practice in, Emma ordered pizza. She was too tired to cook that night and she just felt drained from everything.

Sidney and Emma would always order from this pizza joint because the pizza was great and the service as well. They would always get the owner's son because the owner wanted to provide the best service to Crosby.

"Hi Emma, how are you feeling tonight?" Tyler asked, Emma was looking a little sickly tonight.

"I've been feeling a little dizzy. Could you help me?" Emma asked almost fainting, she was just feeling so weak lately.

Tyler helped Emma into the living room letting her sit down on the couch. He knew that this was the perfect time to do something if he wanted to. She was so pretty no matter how sick she was and he knew that she wouldn't be able to fight him off. He bent down to kiss her and when she didn't do anything he pushed things further. "No." Emma whispered trying to push him off.

Tyler quickly undressed himself fearing that Crosby would come home any moment and beat the living shit out of him. He took off Emma's robe to reveal shorts and a tank top enticing Tyler even more. "Stop." Emma tried to say a little louder this time pushing him off.

"What the fuck?!" Sidney yelled finding a half passed out Emma and Tyler on top of her ready to slip in. He was so enraged that this boy was taking advantage of his best friend. Sidney was in a mental debate on either to beat him up or calling the cops.

Emma had passed out shortly after Sidney made the call to the cops fearing that if he touched Tyler, Tyler would be able to press charges against him. Sidney wanted Tyler to be punished for what he wanted to do with Emma. At the hospital Emma woke up still feeling weak.

"My knight in shinning armor." Emma whispered looking at her best friend. She was still in a shell shock but was happy to see her best friend. He defeated the evil dragon that wanted to hurt her. At times from all the drugs and painkillers Emma believed she was living a fairytale.


Sidney woke up not sure if he just had a nightmare or a dream. After that he couldn't fall back asleep so he walked down the hall to his office. There was a picture hanging up of him with the governor of Pennsylvania holding up the 'Emma Bill.' A bill to have harsher punishment to people who have the intent of raping. They moved a huge legal mountain that year.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that it took me so long to get this out! I have recently started my new story a sequel of my Jonathan Toews story Better Than Revenge.