Status: Active

Red with Envy

Prolouge

The small island of Corpus Sano is ablaze with deadly flames, poisonous smoke billowing and blowing every direction. Houses are quickly leaning to the fire, spreading from rooftop to rooftop at breath-taking speeds. The usual symphony of night life is long gone. It is replaced by the screams of people dying and calling for their loved ones. High above the burning island is 14 year old Princess Isali Kingsley, fleeing for her life in a state-of-the-art model helicopter. She presses her forehead against the glass as she is transported away. The world - and the city - fade in slow motion as the night's events replay in her mind. Dancing with Lord Wellington's dashing young son, Derek. Sneaking out onto the balcony for some alone time. Being woken from her sleep by screams and smoke. Having to dodge falling debries and escape to her helicopter with only a stuffed bear and the lavender silk gown she was wearing. People trapped under the rubble had grabbed on to her as she passed, begging to be spared. She wanted to save them all, but every time she glanced at the victims, her personal gaurd Gervais Vileon urged her on. She glanced at the burning city. I caused your pain she thought. It is my fault that you are dying. Though Isali did not bring this about personally, she is the reason this is happening. This attack was an assasination attempt on her and her aunt, Queen Dasha Kingsley. Isali's mother and father had already been killed four years prior. Since then, Dasha has been like a parent to Isali, teaching her everything she knew. But nothing had prepared either monarch for this. In the helicopter, Isali cried silently while clutching the necklace she never took off. It was a silver chain of a half moon- the symbol of love on the island. As the tiny island became an even tinier speck, Gervais squeezes Isali's hand reassuringly. It will be okay that gesture meant. It will all be okay.