Mibba! at the Disco

We Are Family

“Ouch! Hey, get off me!”

Leisha wiped a small bead of sweat from her forehead, leaving a glistening trail along her palm. She could feel that her face was wet and probably bright red, but she didn’t care. She wanted to get back in that mosh pit.

“Leisha, if you sparkled any more you could outshine Edward Cullen!” Jennie shouted at her, jumping up and down in time to the music.

Now Leisha cared.

Maybe it was best for her to have been pulled out of the pit after all.

“We don’t need to be in their pit,” Jennie panted at her, flicking a red curl away from her face. “Let’s make our own, just the two of us.”

And so Jennie and Leisha started their own little dance circle, just the two of them. Wait – no. Rosie, Allison and Luna had all left the other Mibba mosh pit and had joined in with them, bouncing like balls, bouncing like the trailer for Deathly Hallows: Part II had been released.

Just in front of them, Dru was being pressed against the barriers at the front of the stage, attempting to lead the hoard of Mibbians in the dancing, controlled by guitar riffs and drum beats and words lost beneath the screaming crowd. Audrey and Kurtni, who had come down from Olympus and up from the underworld, were throwing their hands up in the air, just as Florence Welch had instructed them, even though this was the wrong concert. Abi was attempting to rearrange her hair whilst moving to the music; bent over, with her chestnut waves hanging in front of her face, she seemed to be imitating a 4-year-old’s imitation of an elephant. And around them, people danced, people screamed, people cheered, people shouted, bodies clashed against each other, drowning in sound.

The last chords vibrated through the crowd, and the band received their applause, greeting it with smiles and waves of acknowledgment. When the noise subsided, Ryan Ross and Brendon Urie gathered together at the microphone.

“Thanks, guys! Thank you all so much!”

“Now, today, there’s a very special group of people with us. They contain some very special fans, some of the most dedicated we know. Today, some of them have met for the very first time in their lives, even though they’ve known each other for years. I’m talking, of course, about the Mibbians. Would you all like to come and join us on stage?”

Suddenly, a crowd charged towards the barriers, pushing , shoving, desperate to get through.

“Hey! Did you two actually hear a word they said? We’re going on stage!” Meg barged between Boychild and Girlchild, who had been omnomnoming each other’s faces. They ran to catch up the rest of the group, who were now making their way onto the stage.

“Sorry about running back, we were missing Boychild and Girlchild. They were snogging each other!” Meg giggled to Joan.

“You interrupted them? You are so like Ronald Weasley. You should have just left them,” Joan smirked.

Dru was standing at the front of the stage with Brendon’s arm around her. A blue-haired girl was with Ryan.

“She doesn’t even go here!”

Ryan turned to the girl, who was looking very shifty.

“Do you even go on this site?”

“No,” she replied, leaning closer into Ryan, “I just have a lot of feelings.” Her face was nearly touching his, her left leg was bent at the knee and her foot was lifted well off the floor.

Ryan pushed her away, and the security guards promptly ran onstage and dragged her away, protesting like a wild animal. Emi shot forward to take her place.

“Anyway, Mibba, we’ve heard what a close community you are, and because your lovely Dru and Emi so nicely persuaded us, we’ve got all of you passes to hang out with us after tonight!” Brendon proclaimed to the crowd, like Jesus revealing the news of salvation, even though all on stage could feel the envy radiating out of the crowd.

“Also, at special request,” continued Brendon, “all of them are also going to sing with us! Dru, would you like to tell them what song you’ve chosen for us all to sing together?”

“Is it Creep by Radiohead?” asked Hailey. A few people giggled nervously. They all thought she was legit.

Dru saw through her. “Cut the sarcasm, Hailey!” she shouted to her, before laughing.

“Only if you give me the scissors, Dru!” Hailey replied.

“Nope, we-we’re gonna do We Are F-f-family, by Sister Sledge!” Dru could barely breathe for laughing.

“Isn’t that what the whales sang when your mum went on a trip to the seaside?” Kary joked, adding to the mounting hilarity.

“Nope, what happened was that the animal rights protesters tried to push her back into the sea,” Rachel answered, desperate to add her input.

Leaving Dru on the verge of collapse at the front of the stage with Emi, Brendon and Ryan returned to the band setup. Ellen, Marty, Alu and Billie Mae stepped forward and helped to support Dru, wrapping their arms all around each other and swaying to the beat of Ryan’s gentle guitar chords, which then began to get faster and faster, building up into the peak of the chorus.

And so the pack of Mibbians chanted their song, Liz and Ella leading them.

“We are family
I got all my sisters with me
We are family
Get up ev'rybody and sing!”


And they all joined in, and the crowd joined in as well. Even if Kary and Rachel did decide to sing their own version of the song.

“We are family
I’ve had all your mothers with me
We are family
Come on ev’rybody and cream!”


They then decided to proceed to fill in the instrumentals with their own raps.

“They all got some freaky G-strings, yeah, yeah, I love the love that they bring to ma bedroom, yeah, yeah, where I bang ‘er, yeah, yeah! Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrap!”

Katie, who was stood next to them, attempted to control her sniggering. And failed epically.

It was truly a beautiful moment when they finished the song. All of the Mibbians looked like one, big, happy, smiling family, with their arms around each other, grinning like grinning things that had overdosed on grinning tablets while grinning. At least, it was a beautiful moment, until Jennie, Allison, Audrey and Jinxeh decided to express their happiness through one more commonly used for anger management. Or Colin Firth’s speech therapy.

“FUCK YES!” they proclaimed to the heavens and to Dujo, the most high.

Brendon and Ryan, whose faces still held faint traces of shock, were standing at the back of the stage behind the Mibbians, looking like awkward turtles. Musician awkward turtles, with instruments and equipment held loosely in their grip.

And it seems the rest of the lowly peasant crowd were getting bored now.

“Panic!, Panic!, Panic!, Panic!, Panic!” they began to drone, over and over again, at first quietly, then building up, getting louder and louder like an approaching swarm of bees. Killer bees.

(AN: QUICK!!111!!!!!!!!!! SOME1 CUM N STOP DIS FRM TURNIN N2 A HORROR MVOIE KLISHAY!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!! DIS STRY NEEEEDZ 2 B MRE GOFFIK RAVEN Y RNT U DOIN UR JOB PRPERLY U FUCKIN WH0RE)

WARNING: SUM OF DIS NXT BIT IS XTREMLY SCRAY. VIOWER EXCRETION ADVISD.


“What do you think you are doing, having a party without me?”

A deep, booming voice, like that of a fairytale giant, echoed around the walls of the venue.

The once-encouraging screams of “Panic!, Panic!, Panic!” had now turned into mere instructions or descriptions of what they were actually doing.

“Why do you run? Why do you not bow down before your holy high God, Dujo!?”

Bella and Jamie clutched each other in fear. Elaine promptly fell to her knees and worshiped Dujo in an exact replica of the ::hail: smiley, her brown hair rising and falling ludicrously as she whipped it back and forth in time to her bows.

But all the other Mibbians were confused. They could hear something that sounded strangely like laughter coming from wherever Dujo was talking from, soft, high and feminine.

“Oi, Dooj!” Meg shouted up at him, “what’s happening behind you? Who’s there?”

But before Dujo could answer, the laughter stopped, and a woman’s voice spoke.

“Oh, Duuuuujooooo! Hurry up, I’m waiting!” The last few words came out with just a small hint of sexuality, much like a cat purring affectionately to its owner.

“I’m coming, Jojo. I’m just trying to get. this. suit. on. And find out why my loyal subjects are holding a party without me.

“Don’t worry, Doojy. There’s a party in my pants right now, and only you’re invited,” Josipa giggled childishly.

Ryan’s guitar strap broke from shock. He stood there looking dumbstruck, like he had just run into a glass wall.

“Dujo and Josipa, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, second comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage!” Ellen, Audrey, Kurtni and Meg started singing, like they were 7-year-olds once more.

Above them, they heard the sound of a door opening, and Dujo’s voice could be heard again.

“Haiii, I’m Duuuujoooo! I am Austrian reporter and star of Sexyzeit mit Düjo. How would you, Josipa, like be my next guest?”

“Oh, yes, Dujo, yes. I would love to be your next guest. Why don’t we have a little practice before we air live?”

Brendon and Ryan had noticed the number of restrained titters from the people in the room, and the greater number blushing. They needed to do something about it.

“Hey, Dujo! Duuuujooooo?” Ryan called, sweeping his hair from his eyes.

“Did you hear all of that?” Dujo sounded embarrassed and guilty. Josipa was unable to say anything.

“Every word of it, Dujo. Now, if you want to talk to these Mibbians, do it through your website, but please do not stream your audio porn through our concert. Thanks!” Brendon shouted back.

Dujo’s last words were hurried. He wanted to leave, and quickly. “Goodbye everyone, see you in two weeks!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Dru, Kira and Elaine, who helped me to come up with the We Are Family parody, and to all those who gave me such awesome comments on my initial teaser and encouraged me to keep going the way I was heading with this!