Status: Complete.

Listen to the Thunder

For what I'm feeling inside.

Today’s April 4th, the day that college starts up again. Alex overslept and didn’t go to our morning lecture, so I’m heading back to his dorm room now to give him the notes he needs. Idiot. I was running late myself so I didn’t wait for him. Probably for the best really, or we would’ve got shitty notes from Matt or no notes at all from Danny. It’s a good thing I pay attention!

Apparently I only pay attention in class, because I walked straight into someone, dropping all my books to the floor. Shit. Nice one Jack.

“H-Hi Jacky,”

Of course, it would have to be Kyle.

“Hey Kyle,” I said calmly, picking my books up.

Kyle handed me a rogue piece of paper. “Boring lecture, huh?”

“Yeah, I’ll say. Alex didn’t miss much by sleeping in,” I mused.

Kyle laughed softly before smiling sadly. Eh, maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned Alex to him. But then again, why should I protect Kyle from getting hurt when all he’s done is hurt me?

“How was your Spring Break?” I asked, trying to chance the subject.

“It wasn’t all that great. I don’t think Nick’s parents like me and all Nick does all day is sleep off a hangover, so other than hanging out with people I didn’t know, I was stuck doing nothing by myself all day,” Kyle shrugged.

Shit, that’s sounds like fun. Not. Poor Kyle!

“Ouch, why didn’t you just come home?” I frowned.

“I didn’t think I’d be welcome,” Kyle whispered.

I immediately shook my head. “You’re always welcome with all of us guys. Don’t ever think any differently,”

Kyle smiled weakly, showing that he didn’t believe me but didn’t want to argue. What’s happened to him? The old Kyle would’ve argued about the issue just for the sake of it, even for fun, the argument eventually turning into a joke. Why has he changed so much?

A brief awkward silence passed. I hate this. We never used to be so unable to be around each other. It’s horrible. I want the old Kyle back. I want our friendship to be the way it used to be. But I know that could never happen. Not without a miracle.

“Pat told me what happened with Alex and Caleb,” Kyle said suddenly.

Fantastic. Thanks Pat.

“I figured he would. Caleb came out as bisexual and Alex was his first kiss so he wouldn’t be rejected and hurt by the first guy he really went after,” I nodded wearily.

“Wait, you’re not mad?” Kyle asked, confused.

“Of course I’m mad, but Alex is my boyfriend and I have to trust that he was telling the truth about it being innocent,” I replied, shaking my head.

“Y-You’re giving him another chance? After he cheated on you?! You broke up with me for cheating on you!” Kyle said angrily.

“I gave you three chances, Kyle. You seem to have forgotten that,” I muttered.

Kyle bit his bottom lip and lowered his head, and I didn’t have to look at him to know his eyes were filling with tears. Shit.

“Look, Kyle, I’m not talking to you to start an argument. I’m fed up with arguments,” I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

“Me too. I miss you Jack. I miss us,” Kyle whimpered.

Okay, I didn’t expect him to say that although it’s all I’ve wanted to hear in so long. What the fuck do I say back?!

“Do you miss me too?” Kyle whispered.

I chewed my bottom lip, before nodding. I didn’t trust myself to talk right now, but I knew I couldn’t lie to him, for no other reason than that he can tell when I’m lying. My breath hitched in my throat when he placed his hand timidly on my chest and immediately my heart started beating faster. Shit, how can he affect me like this? This isn’t fair!

Kyle opened his mouth to speak again, but my phone buzzed before he could. I quickly pushed Kyle’s hand off me and pulled my phone out of my pocket, swallowing heavily when I saw Alex’s name flashing.

I’m cock-ringed, stretched and spreadeagled on your bed, baby. Hurry back and fill me with that beautiful dick of yours ;) xx

Holy shit. All I could do was blush heavily.

“That was Alex, huh?” Kyle asked quietly.

“Yeah, he was asking where I was,” Okay, so a slight lie. “Uh, I’ve got to go Kyle. I’ll see you later, yeah?”

“Yeah, I guess,” Kyle nodded sadly.

I pretended I didn’t hear him whisper I love you as I walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Kyle :(
Finally it's Kyle's POV next!

I've been working non-stop at my job in a restaurant from 9-6 since I got back from Uni, and yesterday was my first day off in a week, so I'm sorry for the delay in updates. I will try to update as much as possible, but it will be hard for me until everything calms down a bit at work.

Thanks to everyone who commented on the last chapter! Please keep up the feedback, I love hearing what you guys think =]

Hezzarther
Lo_east
Let_It_Roll
imunabletothinkofone (lol it’s running your life? Awesome!)
Hello Fascination. (ahaha run like the wind ^_^)
gcchic7484
dinosaursgorawr
LorenElizabethxoxo
BOOM!roasted.
cameron liddell; (I honestly couldn’t stop laughing for your entire comment)
swwamy
Nytestalker
revengefulvampire (I miss Kyle too)
ElyRae
Ace Lightning.
Xxxmcrxxx123456789

xo