Status: Complete.

Listen to the Thunder

I think we'll make it out.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZAAAAAACK!”

That’s right, it’s April 22nd, Zack’s 20th birthday. And that’s right, we’re in Long Beach to celebrate! Alex and I caught a bus down here yesterday afternoon after lectures, and Rian and Caleb did the same thing, mainly so we could all wake up with Zack to celebrate. I can’t believe how many of us are twenty years old now! It’s crazy!

“You guys are fucking insane. What’s the time?” Zack groaned, wrapping his arms tighter around Pat, who just smiled contently.

Alex and I are sharing Pat’s bed for the visit, and Rian and Caleb are each sleeping on a sofa. Luckily Zack and Pat have two sofas or that could be awkward…

“Nearly midday – so get up! We want to give you presents!” Alex said happily.

Zack yawned but nodded, sitting upright. But I quickly shut my eyes and covered them with my hands.

“You could’ve warned us that you were sleeping in your birthday suit,” I snickered.

“Well it is my birthday and I did want birthday sex at midnight, so…” Zack trailed off teasingly.

“Hey, that’s no excuse, I put on boxers after,” Pat snickered, swinging his legs out of bed.

I kept my eyes closed as everyone giggled, waiting until Alex had elbowed me in the ribs.

“Zack’s dick is covered. Your pretty little eyes are saved,” he smirked.

I grinned and winked at Pat, before jumping on the bed, everyone following my lead. Let’s get this birthday started!

*

“So what’s the plan for tonight?” I asked Zack, slipping my shoes on.

“Haven’t got a clue. I was meant to sort stuff out yesterday morning, but Pat decided to walk around naked and distracted me,” Zack grinned apologetically.

Pat just smiled innocently, making us laugh. Typical. Then again, I don’t care where we go, as long as I get to have a good time with Alex. It still doesn’t feel right without Kyle here, but he said something about Nick refusing to let him leave. I offered to confront Nick about it, but Kyle begged me not to make him angry. I guess I don’t want Kyle getting any more hurt than he already is getting.

“It’s a Friday today, right?” Pat asked Zack.

“Uh, yeah. Why?” Zack frowned.

“Why don’t we take everyone to Piston’s. I think they’d like it,” Pat suggested.

Zack looked amused and just shrugged.

“What’s Piston’s?” Caleb asked curiously.

“One of the most popular gay bars in Long Beach,” Zack smirked.

“Really?” Rian sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

Oh yeah, whoops. Rian isn’t even bisexual.

“Budweiser’s are $3?” Pat offered.

As Rian thought about it, I looked at Alex…who was talking to Caleb. Caleb looks a little too excited for my liking. I slid my arm around Alex’s waist, pushing my hand just inside his boxers over his ass so he looked up at me, half-surprised half-amused.

“What do you think?” I asked him. We don’t usually go to gay bars in San Bernardino so I don’t know what he’ll want to do.

“Yeah, I’ m up for it,” Alex smirked.

“You just want to watch half-naked sweaty men dance,” I accused playfully.

“Like you won’t be too,” Alex laughed, leaning into my chest.

Huh. He’s got a point. But ssh, don’t tell him that.

“I really don’t know about this. You guys know I have no problem whatsoever with your sexualities, but I don’t really want to be hit on by random guys,” Rian said with a slight frown.

Pat pouted and Zack looked like he was thinking, until he pulled out his phone.

“Hey, Kara? Fancy coming out for my birthday tonight? Yeah we’re going to Piston’s…yeah, bring a couple of friends…yeah, there’s two single guys…haha, I’ll see you later then! Bye!”

And Zack ended the call.

“You can thank me later,” Zack said to Rian.

Rian’s eyebrows shot up, but he just shrugged. Alright! Looks like we’re going out then!

*

"No, no more shots!" Zack protested.

"We already bought them for you! And it's your birthday! So drink up," Caleb grinned.

Pat giggled and pushed the two remaining shots of sambuca at Zack, with me, Alex and Caleb watching as he downed them. Rian was dancing with that Kara girl and her friends, so he was otherwise occupied.

"Alright, I need to go dance that off now," Zack groaned, grabbing Pat's hand and dragging him off before he could protest.

I grinned and glanced around the bar. I'm not usually one for gay bars but this one is so cool! And the staff are really friendly, which is always nice. I snapped out of my thoughts as something caught my eyes.

“Caleb! Caleb, that guy is so staring at you!” I grinned.

Caleb blushed, his eyes widening, before he looked in the direction I was looking. Sure enough, I was right. There was a guy dress all in black, tight jeans and tight v-neck, with a mind-blowingly gorgeous face, thick curly hair and a warm smile. And as soon as he noticed Caleb looking at him, he winked, making Caleb blush even more. Then he beckoned Caleb to come over to him, so Caleb looked back at me and Alex.

“What do you think I should do? Should I go talk to him?” Caleb asked, panicking a little.

“I don’t know, Caleb,” Alex frowned.

“Why shouldn’t you? You’re newly bisexual, you should be out having fun!” I said, narrowing my eyes at Alex.

“But what if he’s dangerous?” Alex countered.

“Caleb doesn’t have to leave with him – what can talking and dancing do?” I retorted, folding my arms over my chest.

What’s Alex’s problem? Why shouldn’t Caleb go talk to the hot guy?

“Guys, why don’t I go and introduce myself to him, and then come back to see what you think about what he says,” Caleb said, holding his hands up to stop us arguing.

“Sounds good to me,” I nodded, smiling.

Alex stayed silent, so I narrowed my eyes again. Alex sighed.

“Fine. But be careful,” Alex grumbled.

Caleb smiled nervously and walked over to the guy. I watched as Caleb shyly introduced myself, before glaring down at Alex.

“What is your problem, Lex?” I asked sharply.

“I don’t like this,” Alex muttered.

“Don’t like what? Caleb being hit on? He’s a single guy and he’s allowed to do what he wants. Don’t you want him to be happy and have fun?” I shot back.

Or do you only want him to have fun with you?

“Well…yeah…I just…”

Alex trailed off awkwardly. I knew it.

“And you said you didn’t want him any more than a friend,” I said bitterly, taking a swig of my beer.

“Jack, it’s not like that,” Alex sighed.

“Whatever Lex. I…”

“Guys! Oh my gosh he is so cute! His name is Ian Planet and he goes to CSU Long Beach like Zack and Pat do although he’s in his second year, and he wants to buy me a drink because he thinks I’m hot. What do you think?” Caleb interrupted, grinning madly.

I turned to face him, smiling wildly. I’m not going to ruin his fun just because Alex is being a dick.

“I think that’s great. But make sure you go to the bar with him while the drink is made. Just to make sure. Not that I’m saying he’s a bad guy, it’s just common sense,” I told him.

Caleb’s eyes went wide. “Oh yeah, good idea. Uh, I don’t know if I’ll be leaving with him, but can you guys stay here until I decide what I’m doing?”

“Duh. Now go grab yourself some man meat,” I winked.

Caleb blushed but nodded, before walking back over to ‘Ian Planet’. Huh, weird name. Cool hair though. I turned to look at Alex, who was staring up at me with watery eyes, and kept my face blank.

“I’m going to dance with Rian and the girls. Come find me when you decide who you really want,” I said indifferently.

“Jack, that’s not fair,” Alex said sadly.

Think about how I feel then, Alex.

“Deal with it,” I muttered.

To stop myself feeling like a complete jerk, I pressed a kiss to his forehead before walking over to the dancefloor. If Alex is going to get mad over Caleb, I’m allowed to get mad too. Shit, what the fuck is happening to us?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Alex.
Jack is trying for you, why can't you try for him?
Back to San Bernardino in the next chapter.

I've been working so many shifts at work that I'm actually going crazy. So excuse this chapter. Thank you to everyone who commented on the last chapter!

jessisthebest
Nytestalker
miss.sobriety
ElyRae
dinosaursgorawr
Hello Fascination.
cameron liddell;
gcchic7484
revengefulvampire
imunabletothinkofone
BOOM!roasted.
breepocket

xo