Like

Like

Races. Like cocaine and no tomorrow and everything in a snow globe. Like you’re right next to me and this song is taping back together our old cut. Like we’re coming up, like you’re coming up and I’m coming up and now our hands are touching. Like you holding back my hair and saying nothing when I can’t hold myself and I go for it anyway. Like I hate myself for it, but I do it anyway and you never say a thing against it and you smile and ask if I’m feeling better and I’m just melting.

Melting. Like doubt, mine before we let the tablets melt against our tongues; Like sureness, more than I’ve ever felt in my life as we let our tongues touch. Like all the shyness in my body has slipped out and gone to infest someone else and now I can finally say all that I want, all that I need, the only sustenance my body will ever require is you. Like youth, specifically that which I feel flowing from every pore in me when I’m around you and like longing, specifically that which I feel leaking from every pore in my body when I’m not. Like I can’t help but look into dilated eyes and be comforted and now that everything will be alright because together, we’re rolling.

Rolling. Like now I’m really rolling hard and I bet you are to, but I’m rolling too hard to think about that. Like all the lights in the room are lightening and everything that touches my skin is thunder and you, well you are God. Like you rule over some insane domain where I can taste my emotions and slide my slightly sweaty fingers over the songs and the constant techno beat is the very fiber of my being. Like even though I can’t hear any of your words over the music, they mean the world to me. Like we are distracted by focusing on each other and I can’t forget that I’m supposed to be elsewhere.

Elsewhere. Like this elsewhere place that I often must venture is dark. Like it’s hard. Like it’s pushing me down and I’m struggling and oh god

Oh god

O

h god

I can’t breath. I’m falling. I’m sinking.

Sin

King.

But then I’m not. Because I know you are back in your kingdom and even if it takes a whole long year of judgment and meaningless tasks and hatred and needing, when I get home, all of that will be nothing more than a memory. And when that time comes, believe me, no matter who tries to stop it, it will come - I know because I’ve seen you make it happen before and I know you will again - I’ll feel. I’ll feel you. I’ll feel you feeling. I’ll feel you feeling me.

I’ll feel like I’m coming down. And you’re coming down. And the ride has only just begun, but oh no, too soon, it’s over. I’ll feel like it can’t be happening yet and I can barely remember more than five minutes passing, but somehow the sun is rising, stinging our sensitive eyes without care; You know what else? You’ll feel it too.

So again, we’ll feel like races. Like just a few minutes. Or hours. Or days. Or years; Was it years? It doesn’t matter. Like just a little while ago our tongues were covered in pastels and ergotamine and now they need more. Like we’re rolling again, like our hands are touching again. Like we pass the taste back and forth, from mouth to mouth with each other, stupid smiles on our faces. Like it takes a few minutes, but soon everything is nondescript while also being absolutely, mind-bogglingly vivid. Like your eyes are my eyes are the stars. Like I can’t stop and you can’t stop and we won’t stop and I never want to.

Like love.