Shit Happens, but in the End, I Still Have You

Supper at Jasper's

"I smell speghitti!" Raine yelled, running inside Jasper's house as soon as he opened the door.

"Raine!" I yelled after her.

"It's fine." Jasper said quietly.

"Are you ok?" I asked him.

"I'm fine." He nodded his head, but I knew better than that.

"Jasper, I've known you for almost ten years now, I think I know when something's wrong." I said. He sighed and looked up at me.

"Maybe James is right." He said.

"Right about what?" I asked confused.

"About telling Raine that I'm her dad."

"What are you talking about?" My heart was sinking once again. It feels like that's all it's been doing lately. Did he not want to be apart of Raine's life?

"If we tell her, she's going to still be confused. She sees James as her dad not me. She's only 5 Juls. Besides, you and James are getting married, and it'll just confuse her."

"But James isn't her dad." I shook my head.

"I know that."

"Are you just saying this because you don't want to be part of her life?" I was afraid of his answer. What if he said yes? It would break my heart, not only mine but Raine's too.

"No." He said firmly.

"Good. Because we're telling her. Unless you don't want her to know." I stared at him. He looked as if he was having a mental battle with himself.

"I-I just don't want to mess up your marriage. James doesn't want her to know and if you tell me, then he'll be mad and that's not a way to start off a marriage." He ran his hand through his hair like he used to when he would get aggrivated or annoyed.

"This may come as a shock to you, but I care more about Raine, then I do about James' and my marriage." I smiled slightly at him.

"I know that. Just... are you sure you want to tell her?"

"Yes. Now come on. Let's go tell her." I smiled up at him. He smiled back before leading me to the kitchen where Raine was trying sitting at.

"Finally!" She sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Oh shush." I told her, smiling at her.

"I made speghitti." Jasper said as he sat three plates filled with speghitti and garlic toast on the table.

"My favorite!" Raine exclaimed.

"Is that right?" Jasper asked smiling at her.

"Mhm! It's mommy's favorite too!" Jasper smiled at me. As we were eating, I tried to think of how to tell Raine. Raine and Jasper were talking while I was thinking. Then I remember earlier today at Jasper's office, what Raine had said.

"Raine, how would you feel if Jasper were your daddy?" I asked. Jasper and Raine looked at me.

"I already told you mommy, I would love it!" She gave me a wide smile.

"What about James?"

"What about him?" She shrugged going back to her speghitti.

"Do you like him?" She shrugged again.

"He's nice. But he's not my daddy." She said.

"Oh really? How do you know that?" Jasper asked. She looked up at him with a 'are you kidding me' look.

"I'm not stupid. I look nothing like James. I have my mom's eyes but I have black hair and James or my mommy doesn't have black hair." She said in a 'duh' tone.

"Wow. You're really smart." Jasper smiled.

"Raine, there's something I need to tell you." I bit my lip nervously.

"What is it mommy?" She looked at me.

"You're right. James isn't your father. Jasper is." She looked from me and Jasper, smiling slyly.

"I know." She said.

"You do?" I asked suspiciously.

"I heard you and Jasper talking about it the first day he came over. By the way, can I call you daddy now?" Raine looked at Jasper. Jasper was smiling brightly as if he just won a million dollars.

"Of course Raine." He nodded his head.

"Does this mean we get to spend more time together?"

"Yes it does. In fact, how about tomorrow, I take you and mommy to an amusment park?"

"Mommy doesn't like rollar coasters." She shook her head.

"She doesn't?" Jasper looked at me confused. Jasper knew everything except for my fear of heights.

"She's afraid of heights." She nodded.

"Well I'll be there to protect her." He smiled at me.

"Can we mommy?!" She asked me.

"Of course baby." I nodded. I was just happy to see both of them happy.

"Does this mean you and James aren't getting married?"

"What? Why would you think that?" I asked alarmed.

"Well... aren't you and daddy dating?" She asked confused.

"No." I quickly shook my head. She looked down at her plate and pouted.

"I think maybe it's bedtime. You gotta get to bed so we can spend the whole day at the amusment park." Jasper said. After helping Jasper clear the table and wash the dishes, which he had told me not to since it was his house, we took Raine to the guest bedroom. There was a twin sized bed in the room. Hopefully Jasper had another guest bedroom.

"Good night mommy and daddy." Raine said as we were about to close the door. Raine had never been afraid of the dark and actually perferred to sleep with the door closed.

"Love you to." Jasper and I said at the same time. We closed the door and walked back to the living room.

"Umm, that's the only guest bedroom I have." Jasper said rubbing the back of his neck.

"That's fine. I'll sleep on the couch." I shrugged.

"No. You can sleep in my room and I will take the couch." He said shaking his head.

"It's your house Jasper, I'm not letting you sleep on the couch."

"But you are my guest and I won't allow you to sleep on the couch." He smirked at me.

"Your back and neck are going to hurt in the morning."

"Exactly why I won't let you sleep on the couch."

"Stop being idiot and just let me sleep on the couch." I sighed.

"No need. I have a solution." He smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"My bed is big enough for the two of us-"

"No." I shook my head.

"Why not? It's not like we've never slept in the same bed together before." He smirked at me.

"I'm getting married Jasper."

"Woah. I wasn't planning on doing anything other than sleep." He smiled gently. I sighed and looked at the couch. I tried to run to it, but before I got to it, Jasper caught me and threw me over his shoulder, making me squeal.

"Jasper! Put me down." I couldn't help but laugh a little as I pounded on his back.

"Fine." He put me down and I landed on something soft. We were in his room and I was on his bed. I sat up pouting at him.

"I want to sleep on the couch." I said. He smirked and got close to my face.

"Too bad." He was so close to me, I could smell his minty breath (I know they just had speghitti but lets just say he brushed his teeth after eating, kay?). I looked up at him and once again got lost in his gaze. His eyes flickered to my lip then back up to my eyes. I sat still as I felt him leaning closer towards me. His lips were a breath away from mine when he stopped. He looked back up at me, as if asking permission to kiss me. I closed my eyes and closed the distance between us.

My hands were in his hair pulling his face closer to mine as his arms were wrapped around my waist pulling my body closer. The fireworks were going off in my head so loud, I was afraid I would passout. I haven't felt this much passion since... well since the last time Jasper and I kissed.

I felt my back hit the bed and Jasper gently pushed us backwards. I think you all know how this turned out...
♠ ♠ ♠
Yea! Another chapter! I hope you all enjoy this chapter almost as much as I enjoyed writing it! What's going to happen next?! Are they going to get back together?! Is Juliana going to regret everything?! What if this was all Juliana's dream?! Only I know and you can only find out in the next chapter! Comment/subscribe <3VampirePrincess15<3