Status: The epilogue is up and posted. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Blue Moon

Agony Awaits

It has been one week since Will left and I was starting to feel the pain that came with it. With each passing day, it seemed that I came to care for him more and more. The day after he left, Ben as promised came back. I told him no and that I couldn't marry him but that I did care for him. It turns out Will was right, Ben is a monster, in both human and vampire qualities. I still seem to shiver at the moment that I saw him for what he truly is.

Flashback

I sat in the drawing room thinking how to go about his. I didn't want to hurt Ben but how could I reject his offer without doing so? I heard a knock on the door and I got up to answer it; reaching it revealed it to be Ben of course.

“Hello Ben,” I said politely.

“Hello Elizabeth,” he said leaning in and pecking me on the lips, even though I didn't return it.

“Well do you have an answer for me?” he asked, his eyes sparkling.

“I-I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline,” I said without looking at him.

“Why?” he asked disappointed.

“I have learned a few things that I just can't respect about you,” I said strongly.

“Like what?” he asked suddenly irritated.

“Like that you were the one who told the town that Will is a werewolf. Also that your a vampire and my curse specifically says that my love is a werewolf,” I said.

“Your going to believe Will over me?” he asked.

“Yes,” I said still with a sturdy voice.

“Well then...” he said turning away and setting down the hat he had in his hands. He turned back and the pupils of his eyes dilated, revealing the blackness that hid behind them.

Will was right, he's a monster. He revealed his ghastly fangs at me and shoved me into the wall, gripping my neck tightly. “I was nice to you. I'm done playing nice now. Will does not deserve happiness after what he did to me,” he hissed in my face.

I struggled to breath along with the pumping pain that was coming from my shoulder and back. “Pl-please,” I choked out.

“You will marry me whether you like it or not,” he said.

I couldn't answer as his grip tighten. I was clawing at his hands to try loosen the grip but he was to strong. He threw me down onto the floor,”You will marry me Elizabeth,” he said darkly.

I coughed and gripped my neck, knowing bruises were going to be left. He straightened out his jacket and grabbed his hat putting it back on. He came over and bent down to eye level with me,”Let's not forget the topping on the cake shall we?” he said.

He pulled the ring out of his pocket and grabbed my left hand and slid the ring on my finger.“Ah perfect fit,” he said in false happiness. “I will see you later,” he said kissing my hand and leaving. I slowly got up with tears in my eyes. What have I gotten myself into?


-End of Flashback

I shook my head at the memory and stared at the taunting ring on my finger. I knew once Will came back when ever he did, he would not be happy. Ben did come back like he said and told me the wedding would be next week. I was surprised it would be so quick but I knew he wanted to make sure no body could steal me away.

“Hello Eliza,” said Emily entering the room I was in. I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled weakly at her.

“What's bothering you?” she asked.

“I don't think it would be a good idea to tell you,” I said picking at my nails nervously.

“There are a lot of things I know that I shouldn't,” she reasoned.

“I want to tell you but it would put you in danger I'm afraid,” I said.

“I think I'm in enough danger as it is,” she said sitting down next to me.

I stayed quite for a minute “Ben is a vampire,” I spat out.

“I know this is going to sound bad but it doesn't really surprise me,” she said.

“Why is that?” I asked confused.

“I've learned lately people aren't who they say they are,” she said.

“That is truer than it sounds,” I said agreeing.

“There's something else,” I said.

“What is it?” she asked. “Ben is forcing me to marry him,” I said.

“He can't do that!” she said loudly.

“He can when he's a vampire Emily,” I said reasonably.

“Have you heard from Will at all?” she asked.

“No,” I said quietly.

“I know you miss him,” she said.

I chuckled dryly,”I'm not even going to deny that. I miss him a lot,” I said looking at her.

“If he were here he could do something about Ben,” she said.

“I know but I'm just going to have to handle it myself,” I said.

“It's to much to handle though. I mean Eliza you've taken such a beating lately, it's not healthy,” she said concerned.

“I know,” I said suddenly feeling like I can't handle what my life has become. “I don't know if I can take any of this anymore,” I said.

“Your going to have to,” she said.

“I mean my mother is gone, she's just gone. Will is literally gone, I don't know where he is or how he's doing. Ben is going to kill me after we get married and all the good happening right now is that I'm healing,” I said on the verge of tears. “To add on to that I'm getting weaker day by day and it's too the point where I'm going to be bedridden,” I said.

“Oh Eliza! Everything will work out, it has to! That women did not give a deal for you unless she knew you could handle it,” said Emily comforting me.

“I just don't seem to care what happens anymore honestly,” I said.

“Don't think that,” she said.

Lucia would be telling me to be strong right about now.

“We haven't even found Lucia yet or even heard from her!,” I said realizing.

“We haven't! Oh my gosh its been days!” she said like she was realizing it herself.

“I've blocked out that fact or I would be worried sick,” I said running my good hand through my hair.

“What do we do?” asked Emily worriedly.

“I don't think there's anything we can do,” I said.

“We could look for her,” she said.

“Emily I really don't think we'll find her,” I said.

“We have to try though. With all that's going on right now I really think we need a miracle,” she said.

I looked up at her,”You know your right,” I said.

I stood up,”We'll go out and look for her,” I said.

I walked to the library to find Mr. Donner,”Mr. Donner is it alright is Emily and I go riding for a bit?” I asked.

“Why yes of course dear. Just be careful,” he said.

“Thank you I will,” I said turning around and walking back to Emily.

“Let's go,” I said.

We walked down to the stables as quickly as possible. I opened a stall and led the horse out. “Emily I can't lift the saddle,” I said realizing.

“It's okay I'll get it,” she said walking over and lifting it up. She struggled and threw the saddle up onto it's back. She bent down and buckled it on tightly. “There,” she said breathing heavily.

“Thank you,” I said going to grab the reigns for the horse. I put the reigns on and stood back trying to figure out how to get myself up there.

“What?” asked Emily.

“I'm trying to figure out how to get up there,” I said.

“I'll help,” she said stepping over the saddle to get off.

“No, no,” I said stopping her.

“I can do it,” I said. I reached up and took a breath, grabbing on to the saddle. I pulled myself up only to fall back onto the ground. I winced in pain.

”Eliza!” said Emily.

I put my hand up,”No I'm fine,” I said.

“Eliza just let me help,” she said getting off.

“I can do it myself,” I said.

“Yes and I just saw how well that worked out for you,” she said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes,”Fine,” I said getting up. I dusted myself off,”On the count of three,” I said.

She nodded,”One, two, three,” she said hoisting me up. I grabbed on to the saddle and held one tightly.

“You got a good grip?” she asked.

“Yes I think so,” I said.

“Okay,” she said walking back over and getting back on top of her horse.

“Let's go,” she said kicking the horse slightly getting it to walk. I couldn't have the horse run because of my shoulder and hand, I would just fall off. We went through the field ans soon came to the edge of the woods.

“You know there could be something in there right?” I asked.

“I know, I just want to find Lucia,” said Emily. I nodded and continued going into the forest.

We were in the forest for hours, calling for Lucia but heard no answer. We were well into the middle of the forest but knew our way around by simple markers. “I think we should call it a day, the sun is starting to set,” I said but didn't tell her my hand and shoulder were throbbing.

“I suppose so,” she said disappointed.

“We'll find her,” I said with hope.

She weakly smiled at me,”I hope we do...alive at least,” she said.

I turned my horse around and started back to the field and Mr. Donner's house went I smelled something vile.

“Do you smell that?” I asked sniffing the air.

She inhaled and grimaced,”That's horrendous smelling,” said Emily.

I followed the smell but was only getting whiffs of it. I looked all around for minutes before Emily's blood curling scream broke through my concentration.

“Emily?!” I asked worried. She started to sob, her hand covering her mouth. I came up next to her and almost purged. We were standing in front of a decaying Lucia, her neck ravaged into and her body deflated.

“Lord have mercy,” I said crossing my chest in prayer.

“I-I can-can't be-believe it,” cried Emily.

Tears rolled down my face as the reality that Lucia was dead settled into my mind. I noticed though her neck was bitten into,”She was killed...by a vampire,” I said.

“A what?” asked Emily still crying.

“A vampire” I said.

Emily just kept crying harder and harder. “Emily we have to get back to Mr. Donner's, I feel like were not safe anymore,” I said trying to keep strong.

“We..we just can't leave her!” shouted Emily.

“What do you propose we do then? Carry her dead body to show Mr. Donner?” I said sarcastically.

Emily glared at me,”Don't give me that right now Elizabeth,” she said turning away and galloped away.

“Emily!” I yelled after her but she was to far away.

I huffed frustrated,”Perfect,” I mumbled. I felt uneasiness sink into me as I realized, I was alone. I looked around me and saw the suns rays disappearing. I kicked the horse and had it go into a trot, hopping that would be fast enough. Pain erupted from my back as weight was put on it to steady my legs still. I hissed but knew I wasn't safe in here alone.

It took me forever it seemed to find the edge of the forest and saw no Emily waiting for me. I sighed and slowed the horse down to a walk. The walk back was painfully lonely; I didn't mean to offended her. I reached the stables and saw Emily had already taken care of her horse and put the saddle and reigns back. I looked down at the five foot drop from the horse that suddenly seemed scarier that it should have been. I was going to have to get down sooner or later.

I swung a leg over and hopped down, only to just completely fall onto the ground. I hissed in pain and just shut my eyes for a second, trying to relax the pain in my hand and shoulder. I got up and looked at the horse standing there. How was I suppose to get the saddle off? I started with the reigns and took them off, the horse seemed relieved to not have a metal bar in it's mouth. I bent down and patted the horse, letting it know it was only me so I would get kicked. I unbuckled the saddle and reached up a yanked it down. It fell off the horse to the ground in front of me.

Before I took care of it, I lead the horse back to it's stall and locked it's door closed. I turned back and blew a couple of stray pieces of hair from my face, thinking about if I should drag it or not. I made up my mind and grabbed one of the buckle straps and pulled it towards the stand it was to go on. I dragged it to the stand and took a break, taking a few deep breaths to regain some energy. I bent down and place my hands under the saddle and mentally counted to three in my head and yanked it up off the ground. I yelped out in pain from my hand and shoulder but quickly threw it on the stand. I could feel blood soaking through the bandage on my shoulder from the strain I put on it. I couldn't help but let a few tears escape from the pain it produced. I composed myself and started to walk quickly back up to Mr. Donner's house before it got to dark.

I was a few feet from the door when I heard a howl break the air. I froze and turned quickly, hearing it again. My heart sped up and I yanked the back door open and shut and locked it, quickly walking to find Mr. Donner. I searched but couldn't find him but spotted Helen in the kitchen. “Helen have you scene Mr. Donner? I have to speak with his right away,” I said quickly.

“He should be in the library but your bandages are bleeding miss let me change them,” she said walking towards me.

“How about when I get back, it's quite urgent,” I said.

“Of course miss,” she said walking back to the dishes she was attending to. I smiled quickly before heading off to the library and knocking on the door. “Come in,” I heard Mr. Donner say. I opened the door, ready to ask about the howling but he spoke before I could even get it out.

”I know what your about to ask Elizabeth and no it is not Will,” he said.

I breathed a sigh of relief,”How do you know?” I asked.

“Because Will is in the gallows,” said Mr. Donner.

“What?!” I almost yelled.

“Now dear I don't mean him, himself is. I mean that he's in the gallows for a fellow friend of sorts who is to be hanged,” he said.

“Why would he go there?” I asked confused.

“To pay respects and probably find a place to stay with someone. You know how people have the guilty enjoyment of watching these public events,” he said scoffing.

“Yes, which gallows is he at though? The one in town? Surely he isn't that dense to go straight into town like that,” I said.

“No dear he's actually two or so towns over, in Ginsberg I believe,” he said.

“That's a dangerous town though,” I said worried.

“Dangerous it is but ridden of mystical creatures it is not,” he said pointedly.

“He's trying to get help isn't he?” I asked referring to the curse killing him.

“Yes,” he said.

“He's not going to find it though. I mean a curse is a curse for a reason,” I said.

“I know but hope is always a nice comfort,” he said.

I nodded,”I guess that is all then,” I said.

“Goodnight dear,” he said.

“But what was that howling I might ask,” I said stopping.

“I have reason to believe that it was just a normal wolf,” he said.

I smiled,”Goodnight Mr. Donner,” I said. He smiled and nodded as I turned and exited the library.

I returned to Helen and had her change my bandages. She said that my shoulder and hand were healing quite nicely and that they should start to scar over soon. I was now on my way to bed before I heard Emily crying in her room but decided it was best not to disturb her, with her being angry at me and all.

I slipped into my room and changed into my nightgown. I climbed into bed and blew the candle out, leaving me in darkness. I felt a itching sadness of Lucia's death take a sudden toll on me. I let tears fall down my face in mournful emotion. I felt alone in grief and I suddenly wanted Will by my side. I didn't know when I grew so attached to him but I knew now that I wanted him more than ever. I cried myself to sleep that night in sadness and in lonely wallowing of missing Will.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited.

Comment? Subscribe?

Avec l'amour

-Mel♥