Status: The epilogue is up and posted. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Blue Moon

Aching Bones

You never know how much you love someone until it's to late. You know how people say true love will prevail in the end? All a lie. I never knew what it felt like to hit rock bottom but I was further down than that, I was in hell. It has been one day since Will died, one measly day but it felt like the longest day I've ever had.

I've had Emily checking in on me every five minutes to make sure I didn't hurt myself. Mr. Donner has been quiet and has showed his comfort towards me but I didn't expect him to do much since the fact is that he didn't just lose Will, he lost his nephew. I really do love Will, I don't know if I loved him this whole time or if it was just masked by such a burning hate for him in the beginning. I don't think anything else could go wrong in my life. My mother is possessed, Lucia is dead, Will is dead, and I can not longer walk. Yes, I can't walk. I've tried many times but I just fall down or make it a few steps before just falling into the wall. All I've done is lay in bed and cry and haven't even bother to eat much.

Mr. Donner informed me this morning that they have not found Will's body, which gave me a moment of hope, but realizing that he's a werewolf that they probably did some sort of burning at the stake. I wanted so badly to go look for him, to just get up and run to the forest and search high and low...but I couldn't. Mr. Donner is convinced that Will is dead so he's refuse to send a search party out but besides who would offer to do it? No one would want to look for a werewolf.

Emily burst into my room unexpectedly,”Eliza! Oh my gosh Eliza! I have horrible news!”she said.

“What?” I asked hoarsely.

“Ben is alive,” she said.

My head snapped towards her,”What?” I breathed.

“He's alive! I just saw him behind the market while shopping. I-I don't know how he's alive,” she said.

“He's going to come for me,” I said sitting up.

“I've notified Mr. Donner and he's going to send some people out to look for him,” said Emily.

I nodded looking down. “I wonder how's he's alive. Knowing how mad Will can get, I just don't get it. He came back and he was practically on the verge of dying,” I said quietly.

“Ben's a vampire so maybe he thought he killed him when he only knocked him out?” she said suggestively.

“I don't care anymore. He can come and kill me for all I care,” I said.

“Don't say that! Will would yell at you for saying that! You know he would, he wouldn't want you to doubt yourself ever,” she said.

“I suppose so...but wouldn't he want me to be happy?” I asked.

“What are you getting at?” asked Emily sitting on the edge of my bed.

“Emily I just can't do this anymore. I can't take this-this damn curse anymore! I can't, it's ruined me. I mean I didn't think anything could get worse after Will got killed but it just did and I'm tired of trying to keep alive and keep going on with my life. I just want to give up for once. It's so easy and so quick. I just want to die. I mean it also, you can't convince me otherwise,” I said.

She stayed silent,”I thought you of all people would be the fighter and not the quitter,” she whispered.

“Nobody can fight forever Emily. The best of us fall and I need to give up.” I said. “You just need some fresh air or to think about what your saying! I mean-.”

“No Emily!” I scowled.”My mind is made up. You should respect my wishes and please leave,” I said in a hushed tone.

She nodded and walked to the door,”Will would be disappointed,” she whispered.

“Don't mention him please. Will is gone and I need to accept that now,” I said not looking at her. I heard the door close and tears leaked from the corner of my eyes. “I'm sorry Will,” I whispered to the air.

The next day a knock on the door woke me up. I stirred,”Yes?” I asked tiredly. Mr. Donner stepped into my room and I was immediately awake,”Yes?” I asked.

“I know your quite weak Elizabeth and that you aren't in the condition to be doing anything but I was going to go by your house today and pick up your belongings.” said Mr. Donner.

“Are you sure that's a good idea,” I said. “Well your birthday is coming up within three or so days and I thought it would make you more at home if your stuff was here,” he said.

I smiled,”Thank you Mr. Donner that would be great. I will need Emily's help though getting dressed,” I said. “Of course dear. I will call for her,” he said patting my hand. I nodded and he go up and left my room.

A few minutes later Emily came into my room quietly. She didn't say a word as she helped my sit up on the edge of the bed. She went and got a simple dress from the wardrobe and laid it next to me.

“Lift your arms,” shes said. I felt like a child being changed for bed but I obeyed. She slid the nightgown off of me and help me stand up and put the dress on. Once it was one she grabbed my shoes and tied them on.

“There,” she said getting up and holding her arm out for me to take.

I took her arm to pull myself up,”You're mad at me aren't you?” I asked.

She sighed,”No I just wish your life was easier so you wouldn't be thinking like you are,” she said.

“Me too,” I said.

We walked down the stairs slowly and saw Mr. Donner waiting patiently. “Ready?” he asked.

I nodded slightly and we walked out the door to the waiting carriage. Mr. Donner stepped in first and my thoughts in my head rushed back to when I first realized I like Will. The way we were so stubborn and at each others throats but all it took was one touch of his hand to mine for me to question what I felt about him. I shook the thoughts away before I made myself cry. I gulped back the tears and took the hand of the horseman waiting. I stepped in and sat down next to Emily. The carriage jerked forward and started it's way to my house.

We were about two minutes out when something black caught the corner of my eye. I turned my head and saw smoke ahead.

“Do you see that?” I asked Emily.

She looked out the window,”Where is that smoke coming from?” she asked.

“You don't think it's my house do you?” I asked panicked.

“I'm not sure,” she said. I waited anxiously for my house to come into view, fiddling with the hem of my sleeve.

“I'm sure your house is-” she started but stopped. “Oh my god,” she whispered. I snapped my head to look out the window and covered my mouth with my hand. My house's windows were broken and a fire was consuming it viciously.

“Why?” I asked to know one.

“We should head back,” said Mr. Donner worriedly.

“No, no,” I said. “Just wait.”

The carriage stopped suddenly and the door flew open to reveal the horsemen,”So it's true then,” said the horseman.

What is going on!?

“What is?” Mr. Donner asked completely confused.

“That girl,” he said pointing to me. “She's cursed,” he said darkly.

I held my intake of breath; how did he know?

“I've never heard such a thing,” lied Mr. Donner smoothly.

“Really would you care to explain why her house is up in flames? Why there is a riot breaking out in town over it?” he asked.

“Sir you are mistaken. Now I suggest you get back up to your spot and turn this carriage around and back to Mr. Donner's,” said Emily sternly.

“It's interesting how you two are speaking for her,” he said accusingly.

That was my cue to step up,”Sir this is highly inappropriate; for you to be implanting such a vulgar idea into our heads. I can assure you that I don't know of this matter and that you return to your spot like my friend suggested,” I said eerily calm.

He nodded suspiciously and slammed the door closed. As soon as the carriage started to move again, tears welled up in my eyes. “I should just die already. This is just...impossible! How did people find out?” I asked crying.

“Oh dear don't cry! I'm sure this is just going to blow over,” said Mr. Donner.

I scoffed a bit,”Like Will's manner blew over?” I said irritated. I shook my head and looked down,”My apologies,” I said after a minute.

“I know your in a impossibly tough spot Elizabeth. You have every right to be a little spiteful,” said Mr. Donner.

“I should just confront the problem maybe?” I asked out loud.

“Elizabeth that would get you killed,” said Emily disapprovingly.

“What do you suggest I do then? Will is no longer here to help me! My mother? I don't even know if she's dead or alive at this point and honestly I don't care because she is long gone. It's better to just confront the problem, instead of running from it.” I said.

“I know that may seem like the answer Eliza but it won't turn out well,” said Emily. I sighed and nodded, knowing she was right.

We arrived back at the house and the horseman basically got off his perch and ran off. I shook my head as I held onto Emily for support. I looked down the road and saw a mob of people marching toward the house.

“Dear god,” I said.

“We need to get you inside,” said Emily urgently. We turned and I hurried as fast as I could to the house. We got in the door and slammed it behind us locking it.

“What are we going to do?” I asked Mr. Donner. “I'm not entirely sure dear. I could hold them off? Tell them it's a lie, when they know it isn't,” he said.

I nodded and Emily helped me to the room under the stairs. A pounding on the door made me jump and I let out a shaky breath.

“It'll be alright,” said Emily. I only nodded slightly and propped the door open a crack to hear what was going on.

“I know your housing her Donner! We all do! Just hand over the girl and this will all be easy!” said a man loudly.

“I can assure you that she's anything but dangerous...if anything weakening from it,” said Mr. Donner reasoning.

“Then it will be easier to kill her,” said the same man.

“She's not dangerous! Not if you people do not get off my property, then I will be forced to make contact with the authorities!” said Mr. Donner sternly.

“Move aside Donner! Were here on behalf of the authorities!” shouted the man.

“Emily we have to move!” I whispered to her.

“To where?” she asked.

I thought...Will's chamber. “Will's chamber,” I said.

“What?” she asked confused.

“He had a chamber for when he was under going transformations,” I said. “Help me to the library,” I whispered.

She nodded and helped me up. We quietly made our way to the library, trying not be scene. Emily shut the door behind us and I weakly made my way over to the hidden lever.

“Eliza,” she said quietly.

I waved,”I'm fine,” I said out of breath. She propped me up with her arm. We made our way over to the open door.

“This is your last chance Donner! We will force entry!” I heard the man yell.

“Hurry,” I whispered. We stepped into the chamber and heard people run into the house as the door closed.

“I hope Mr. Donner is alright,” I said concerned.

“He just wants you safe Eliza,” said Emily.

“Your right,” I said. We made our way down the steps and into the hallway.

“This is amazing,” said Emily.

“It is,” I whispered trying not to dwell on the fact that this whole place makes me think of Will.

“I know this must be hard for you to be down here,” said Emily quietly like she was reading my mind. I was about to object but the tears welling in my eyes told otherwise.

“It is,” I said. “Help me down to the floor,” I said. She nodded and we walked down the rest of the hallway and entered down to the main level. I pulled her into the direction of where I sat when Will was transforming. I let go over her and slid down the wall to the ground.

I sighed out,”This is where I sat when Will was transforming,” I said.

She sat next to me,”This place is almost eerie,” she said.

“Eerie things happened down here,” I said staring at the chains that once held Will down.

“Tell me about Will,” she said suddenly.

“What? You already knew about Will,” I said.

“No, how he was with you. He must have been different,” she said.

I smiled slightly,”Yes, he was just as stubborn as me,” I said.

“How so?” she asked.

I smirked,”Well for example, he didn't know I was coming that one night when I rushed out. He almost murdered me seeing me at the step of the guest house when I told him I rode there horseback,” I said.

“He seemed very protective of you,” she said quietly.

“He certainly was,” I said.

She paused before asking her next question,”Did-did he you know ever...transform completely in front of you?” she asked for some reason hesitantly.

I guess she didn't want to ask to many questions,”No. In fact he would tell me to leave about every five minutes or so. I wouldn't though, no ever if I could,” I said distantly.

A wave of emotion hit me,”I miss him..so, so, much,”I said.

“I know you do,” she said sympathetically.

I shook me head trying to choke back the tears,”I've been trying to be strong about his death but I-I just can't do it anymore,” I cried.

Emily scooted closer and wrapped and arm around me. “It's like half of me is missing without him. Half of me died, I know it sounds ridiculously dramatic, but it's true,” I said shakily.

“Of course it's true Eliza. He was your true love,” she said. “I knew he was to from the beginning. Ever since I saw you two in that bed at the hotel, I just knew...even if you two couldn't,” she continued.

I smiled slightly,”We fought so much when we first met,” I said. “I was horrid to him,” I laughed.

“You were but I think what made him fight back was that you bested him,” she said.

“Please, he infuriated me beyond no one else! He knew how to get under my skin like no other,” I said. “We bested each other if anything,” I said fuming a little. “Him getting killed was so sudden, I don't think its fully sunken in yet,” I said turning my head to her.

“I know it hasn't,” she said.

“I just don't want to believe it so I'm doing my best to ignore it. It's eating me thin though,” I said exasperated. “Just let it all out. I mean were down in a chamber with solid stone walls...no one will ever know but me,” she said.

I smiled,”I suppose your right,” I said. I paused before I continued,” I know I said I'm giving up and I mean that I am, but I'm only doing it so I can relieve myself of the sadness from Will's death,” I said.

“I know it's just, Will wouldn't want that. I don't either because your stronger than that Eliza,” she said.

“I know but it's so easy and for once I just want to do the easy way out,” I said quietly. She didn't say anything for awhile after that.

“What were those chains for?” she asked randomly.

“Will would chain himself down during the transformation,” I said.

“What if he isn't dead Eliza...I mean Will would have his bones break every full moon, so how could a bullet kill him?” she asked.

“Silver probably. I mean Will didn't talk about what could hurt him much but I'm guessing silver bullets is what they used,” I said with some tears leaking out.

“It just seems to surreal for me that Will could have just died on the spot like that,” shes said a little frustratedly.

“I know the feeling,” I said nodding.

We sat there for what seemed hours. Emily or I didn't know if Mr. Donner was taken in or even if alive still. Emily tapped her fingers anxiously against the cold ground as I just stared straight ahead in my own thoughts. “This is taking to long, I have to check Eliza,” she said rising up.

“No, if you open the door when the protesters are in the house or even near the door, Will's chamber will be found and our only hiding spot is taken.” I said.

“What about Mr. Donner though! What if they hurt him or taken him in?” she said pacing.

“Emily we'll just have to wait,” I said calmly. As if on cue we heard the door slide open from atop the stairs. I wondered if someone mistakenly found it or if it was hopefully Mr. Donner.

“Girls?” called out Mr. Donner.

“Were down here Mr. Donner!” called Emily. We heard heavy footsteps make their way down the steps and too the hallway. We saw a disheveled Mr. Donner round the corner.

“Are you alright Mr. Donner?” I asked concerned, wishing I could get up.

“Oh yes dear I'm fine. The protesters though, there gone but they'll be back,” he said obviously stressed.

“You should rest Mr. Donner,” I said concerned.

“No time dear, we need to get you out of town,” he said.

“But Mr. Donner they have people surrounding the house like hawks, how will I escape?”

"Well we'll figure it out dear. You just need to go up and rest, you look peak," he said.

I nodded in agreement and Emily helped me up off the floor and out of the chamber. The whole chamber smelled of Will. He had a distinct smell and it made my heart ache, even my bones.

Once Emily got me up to my room I was almost asleep. It wasn't to late, probably just after dinner time or so but I was exhausted.

"Emily wake me when you wake so I can try to build up my strength," I said tiredly.

"Eliza I don't think you can do that anymore," she said.

"You wanted me to be a fighter right?" I asked.

"Of course, anything else would make you a quitter," she answered.

"Then I'm going to at least try to get walking on my own again," I said.

She nodded and walked out my room, shutting the door behind her.

I sighed and rolled to my side a little and fell asleep quickly. That night though, I dreamed of Will.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey hey hey! Sup? So I thought hey I have this written and I'm stalling on cleaning my room so how bout I post a chapter? It was lengthy though wasn't it? It looked like it was on Microsoft.

I'll try posting sometime later this week but this was the last chapter where I was ahead but now I have nothing written after this so it might be a bit to fit this into my day to write. But ya I would right more today but I'm going to see Your Highness with my friend and were planning on drooling over James Franco because I would so jump him. I don't know who wouldn't but you crazy mad if you don't want to, But ya I'll stop my fan girl rant and stop talking.

Comment, Subscribe? Tell what you liked and what you didn't like, etc.

Avec l'amour

-Mel♥