Status: The epilogue is up and posted. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Blue Moon

Picking Prick

“Will's dead because of you as far as I am concerned, what could you possible have to say about him?” I asked angrily.

“You dear Will bit me,” he said pulling the collar of his shirt down a bit to reveal a nasty bit mark that looked highly infected. “I guess the poor bastard got me in the mist of our little quarrel, that he obviously lost,” he said chuckling like it was some kind of joke. “Anyways, I'm on my way to being a hybrid unless I get a cursed girl in exchange for my curse. Oh and it will save my life. You see I'll die at the next full moon unless I get a replacement of some sorts because well vampires and werewolf’s have a history of not being on the best terms. So basically an eye for an eye. You go to a witch, she'll kill you in place of my new curse killing me. Got it?” he said simply.

“Excuse me? Your here to tell me that I have to die? News flash, that process is already rolling, your a bit to late. Besides I'd rather be whipped a thousand times over rather than die in your place. Your not honorable, hell you just just a spec on the earth of people who deserve so much better than you,” I spat at him.

“Still fiery as ever I see. Well my dear, I'll be back for you tomorrow on your birthday to pick you up. In the mean time, rest, go for a walk...ah wait a minute you can't can you? Your a little weak yes? I'll kill you before the curse can and I'll be so powerful, so unique that I won't be able to be stopped in my revenge against the people who have crossed me.” he said.

“I thought Will was the only who crossed you,” I said interested but then again these said people probably were people who past him on the street.

“There's so much you don't know. I'm assuming Will never told you what he did, did he?” he asked.

I stayed quiet. The mention of his name sparked my interest to know what Will did that was so bad.

“Well I'll just tell you then. It all started when Will was sixteen and I was eighteen. My father, George, was wealthy, very wealthy. Will's father vanished one night when he went hunting. Will's mother, my aunt, was long dead from giving birth to Will. According to his father's will, Will was to be placed under my father's care. Since then, my he was like another son. He was like a brother to me. It wasn't until five years later that things started to fall apart. A body, or rather human bones, were found on a hunting trail a couple miles from where Will and his father lived. They knew it was Will's father because his hunting knife and rifle layed near him, and the cross necklace he would wear during hunting was hanging off his neck. They ruled murder due to his hands and feet being disconnected and throw yards away.” Ben paused.

I only gulped down the mix of emotions I was feeling about hearing about Will's family. I never learned anything about his past like this before.

“Here's where it get more interesting. Will became depressed, blaming himself that he could have done something, like go with him when he went hunting. I told him that it was not way his fault. No one could get through to him. His father was the only person in his life he depended on and he was gone. His behavior changed rapidly, spiraling into manipulations, heavy drinking, and intense working. He kept to himself, until one night during dinner that he announced he was leaving for a trip. He didn't tell us where he was going or when he'd be back.”

“Will returned a week later. He looked pale, different is the word that ran through my head when I saw him. He refused to talk and just went to bed. The next day while I was out riding my horse, I was attacked by something invisible it seemed. Knocking me down, cuts formed on me with no explanation. Finally this women stopped in front of me. Told me of what Will had done. He made a deal with a man. Not a normal man though, no, he possessed unspeakable abilities and powers. It turns out Will bargained to give himself as collateral for his father's life back. He would rather be cursed and have his father back, than to not have him at all. The man wanted more though. Not ones life ruined but two. So he gave that man my name and gave him me as well. The man tricked him, he was a con. Will was naive back then. The man who attacked me was the man who tricked Will. The man had the power to turn into any creature, any beast without being cursed himself. He bit me and I was turned into a vampire. Will got bit and turned into a werewolf. The man turned us into enemies by nature, but Will turned us into enemies by his foolish actions. From that day on I swore to take something he loved away from him, just like he took my normal life away from me. I had not control and ended up killing my father one night when he cut himself with the letter opener in his office. I inherited his money and her I am today. Miserable all because of your precious Will.” he said finishing.

“I'm sure Will had a good reason for what he did. He missed his father, just like I miss my mother. You could never understand,” I said to him.

He scoffed,”Will was an blubbering idiot! He made a deal with a devil, believing his lies! His father was good as dead. Will would always want his way,” said Ben leaning against the banister.

Tears pricked the back of my eyes as I tried to keep my emotions in check. “There's a difference between you and I Ben. I can forgive, you hold a grudge like a prepubescent school girl.” I said insulting him.

“Your absolutely vapid to forgive that bastard. Doesn't matter anyhow he's burning in hell as we speak,” he said smirking at me maliciously.

If I had the strength, I would of slapped that damn smirk straight of his face. “Please leave,” I said in clenched teeth.

He licked his lips and stepped closer to me,”I will be back love,” he told me, while running his knuckles down my cheek. His touch made my stomach churn in disgust.

He disappeared before my eyes and I was left with a slight breeze of his leaving. I saw looked down and saw Emily getting up. “Emily! Are you alright?” I called down to her.

She held her head but nodded. I sighed, still wrapping my mind about Ben being alive and Will's background.

I slid down to the ground, my back resting on the railing. Emily joined me not a minute later, nursing her head.

“What happened?” she asked cautiously.

I shrugged,” Just Ben being Ben I suppose. He wants to become a hybrid and in order to do so, he has to kill a cursed person,” I said pointing at myself.

Emily blew out of deep breath,” You just can't catch a break can you?” she said.

“Not one,” I replied.

“I would tell you it's almost your birthday but I know that's long out of the question to make you happier,” she said sheepishly.

I smirked,”It's okay. I'll be happy until midnight Emily.”

“Well then, what now?” she asked getting up off the floor.

I held my arms up to her. I almost felt like a young child asking to be picked up. Pathetic.
“We pray and hope for a miracle, that I don't die tomorrow,” I said.

She looked at me sadly, helping me down to my room for a uneventful day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but important. The end in near my friends.

Avec l'amour

-Mel♥