Status: The epilogue is up and posted. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Blue Moon

It's a Promise.

“Ah good you're awake! You are due to die in I'd say about six hours.” he said happily.

I only glared at him, “I hope you die.”

He chuckled lightly,”You and an army I'd say. There is one thing I need from you before you die tonight; I need some tears.”

“Why do you need my tears?” I asked.

“Not only do I need every single drop of your blood, I also need a tear or two. It's suppose to signify the misery of your curse, something along those lines.” he said getting a glass tube out of his pocket.

“Good luck, I'm not wasting any tears on you,” I told him looking away.

“I thought you would say that, I can provide some enforcement,” he said snapping at Norman to come over.

Norman got up from his seat and crossed the room,”Yes Mr. Young?” he asked obediently.

“Hold Elizabeth down, I can't afford for her to be squirming around..not that she can really.” said Ben pulling something out from his coat pocket.

Norman came over and shot me a apologetic look, I nodded, knowing that he was only following orders. “Make sure you have a good grip on her.” ordered Ben.

He walked over and knelt down in front of me,”If I do remember correctly, your mother did quite a beating on you with a meat tenderizer.” I flared my nostrils at the painful memory. “Let's have a flash back shall we?” he said pulling the side of my dress down, baring my scared shoulder. My shoulder was still sore and tender but I was use to it by now.

Ben unveiled a knife, it looked it could cut through me like butter. I had a firm idea on what Ben was about to do. “Here is my proposition. If you can cry without reinforcement, then no harm should come to you, but if not I'm afraid we're going to have to reopen that nasty scar you have on your shoulder.” he said running the blade over my shoulder.

I could never make myself cry. When I was younger I would try to cry to get out of parties or play dates but I could never make myself cry, not even in this situation. “I can't cry on command.” I told him.

“Well that's a shame, I didn't want your bleeding until tonight but since you won't try,” he said plunging the blade deep into my shoulder. I screamed loudly, my voice echoing off the walls in anguish of unworldly proportions. Tears sprung into my eyes as Ben dug the knife deeper into my shoulder, right to the bone. Tears poured down my face, Ben's glass tube was waiting.

“Wonderful, I knew you could cry.” he said plugging the tube closed with a cork. He wiped his knife against the blanket I was sitting on and licked any blood off his fingers. “I cannot wait to taste you tonight my dear,” he said standing up.

“Norman bandage her up, I need all the blood I can get tonight.” Ben ordered. A man suddenly burst open through the door, he was covered in blood and had a couple gashes on him.

“Mr. Young we have situation! Come quick!” he shouted running off. Ben was gone in the blink of an eye. I could only wonder what the situation was.

Norman walked over with a cloth and a bowl of water. “You're lucky there are basic supplies here. Are you going to be alright?” he asked concerned.

I breathed in deeply, I was still crying from the mind numbing pain,”The universe has just proven that my life can in fact get worse.”

“If it makes you feel any better, that man who came in, his name is Charlie Brooks. He's in charge of guarding Will. I'm half positive that the situation and those gashes were because of Will. He's still fighting to stay alive Elizabeth, so if he's not giving up, you can't either.” he told me.

I shook my head.”It can't be him, it just can't. I saw him get shot, I heard the guns go off and the shouts off glee that they caught the beast. There are other werewolf's in this world besides Will, I don't need a reminder or a glimmer of hope that he's alive because it will be the death of me if I start believing he's alive. It'll kill me because it's a lie.”

“You know how I met my wife?” said Norman. Obviously I didn't so I shook my head. “We were both twenty one, from this town, born and raised. She lived down the street from me all my life, not once did I ever meet or talk to her until I was walking to the market. Some men were harassing her and I stopped them. One look was all it took for her to own me. We fell in love, we were together for two years before her father died. Her mother was originally from Ireland, she had no money left, she was forced to move to Ireland with her mother. We were both heartbroken but we couldn't change the decision, I couldn't go with her because I had my own family to take care of. She left for seven years, we had no contact. We didn't know how the other was doing, I didn't have a relationship after her. I didn't get married or court, I was waiting for her. Seven long years passed and I heard of an influenza sweeping across Ireland and Great Britain. I feared she was dead, it was a nasty plague. Lists were being sent over for relatives to look at. I never once look at it in fear of seeing her name. I was in the towns market working when I saw her in the flesh. She was just as beautiful as the first time I saw her. I went up and tapped her on the shoulder, she turned around and the rest, well the rest is history. We've been married for one year. I would do anything for her and I never gave up on her. I always had hope that she would return, that she was dead or married. If I can do it for Beth, you can do it for your Will.” he finished.

By the time his story was done, my shoulder was wrapped and throbbing. It didn't pay attention though to the pain, Norman was right. Maybe Will was alive, it wouldn't be the first time Ben has lied to me. “Norman if I had have the hope and love you had for Beth I wouldn't be here right now.” I told him honestly.

“This Will I saw that one time made quite an impression. I can tell Elizabeth, he's a fighter. He fights for what he wants and for his life. I saw Ben beat him senseless, starve the poor man but without fail he still came back with as much wrath as Ben was dishing out. If anyone could live through that, it would be him.” said Norman seriously.

“You should have met him when I did, trust me I know.” I said smiling but it quickly faded,”Will is destined to die anyways though. With each passing transformation, Will's body loses its strength to keep up with the breaking bones and the stress put on him.”

Norman sighed,”Well then time is more fragile than before isn't it?”

“Yes, yes it is.” I said looking down.

I heard the door open but I didn't look up. “My apologies for running out, I had a prisoner reeking havoc.” I heard Ben's voice break the air.

“She's all bandaged up sir,” said Norman sitting back in his spot. I looked up at Norman, his expression was hollow as it should be. I then look to Ben, who I might add look a little disheveled and peek. Again I could only wonder why.

“Good, well Eliza I think we should move you to a more appropriate spot for this evenings festivities?” spoke Ben with a teasing manner behind his words. “Norman will take you there and I will meet you there in an hour or so.”

“Yes sir,” said Norman rising from his chair. Ben nodded an left once again.

“We don't have much time,” said Norman coming over to help me up.

“Not much time for what?” I asked curious.

“To get you away from here,” he said slightly directing me to the door.

“Norman I appreciate you wanting to help, but Ben will find me no matter what.” I told him tiredly. The lack of blood and today's events were getting to me.

“We still have to try though Elizabeth, there's some hope left in this situation.” said Norman. I gave him an apprehensive look. “I have an idea, only if you don't mind the idea of being patronize and possibly people wanting to burn you at a stake.”

“I've been through almost everything. What do you have in mind?” I asked hesitant.

“We have an hour, with the carriage that Ben has for us we can go into town and announce that your cursed. Then the townspeople will demand you are held and Ben will have no way to get you.” he said quickly.

“What about you Norman? Ben's going to wonder how I even go to town.” I told him.

“Don't worry about me. I have a carriage, I'll just leave town.” he said simply.

“Ben will find you. He's a vampire, he can smell a scent from miles away.” I stated worriedly.

“If that's so I can say I was compromised by you. You stole my gun off me and told me to leave town.” he said less confidently. “It doesn't matter, it's now or never.”

I thought about it for a moment,”Let's go.”

Image

We arrived at town with a half an hour to spare.”You sure?” he asked.

“Yes.” I said positively. I was still covered in my own blood. I felt faint but it really was now or never for my last chance of survival. I carefully tried my best to get out of the carriage. I couldn't walk after all.

Norman tied the horses up.”Okay let's go near the fountain there.”

Norman helped me along to the Town's Square. There were dozens and dozens of people around us, unsuspecting of what was about to happen. “Let's do this.” I told him, wanting to just get it over with.

He nodded. He let go of me and I fell to the ground, unable to keep up by myself.

”She's cursed! She cursed! Help please, she's cursed!” he yelled loudly, spitting on the ground and crossing his chest like your suppose to do. He backed away from me like I was a disease. I knew Norman didn't mean it, but hell, everyone else did.

“Cursed!” shouted a women, mimicking what Norman just did.

“Someone grab her! She's a freak!” shouted a teenage boy.

“Help!” shouted a women, shielding her child's eyes.

I never knew how wrong it was to be cursed until now. I didn't know how hated it was, my self esteem took a blow that I was not ready for. People were spitting and crossing themselves like they were staring at the devil himself.

A town guard came up and shackled my hands together tightly, yanking me off the ground. My wounds are obviously going to be ignored. “Don't worry folks! She's taken care of!” shouted the guard.

“Good riddance!” shouted a old lady. People actually started to applaud. I was dragged away forcefully by the guard, I got a look at his face. He looked so familiar.

“Have we met before?” I asked him quietly.

“Shush!” he snapped at me. Where have I scene him? It was rolling around in my head until I remembered, he was at my Masquerade.

“You attended my Masquerade, hosted by Mr. Donner!” I said realizing.

He stopped for a split second,”Who are you?”

“Elizabeth Mansfield.” It's been a long time since I've said my full name.

“You're her. The girl every man was wanting to court. How-how can you be cursed? Your privileged!” he said outraged.

“You have to listen to me. It's not by choice I can promise you, it was my Mother and Fathers. Their both dead now, and I'm on the brink of it.” I explained.

“You have to be quarantined.” he told me.

“Please you have to help me!” I pleaded.

He swallowed and looked away. Still dragging me to my cell. “No one is going to help you now. You are cursed after all.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So much writer's block. I lost a subscriber, which sucks. I'm so sorry though! I had school, finals, family, holidays, and shit. I just completely neglected this story.

I would really-and I mean really-appreciate some comments? I don't even care if they're one worded comments. I just need to know someone likes this story. Because this story is my baby but it's a shitty baby, with some problems that need some working out. Encourage me please! I'm begging you?

Happy Reading

Avec amour'

-Mel♥