Status: The epilogue is up and posted. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Blue Moon

Friends

“Uh,” I smartly responded. “Yes?”

“The Elizabeth Mansfield that no one is able to find. The town's very own mystery?” he questioned.

“That would be me. I like to keep a low profile,” I lied.

“I can't believe it! How are you still alive?” he asked astonished.

“I escaped, luckily. My Mother wasn't in her right mind and I managed to only receive minor injuries.” I thought up. It's half truthful. Only half.

“Helen, would you mind finishing cleaning up the mess? I would like to show Elizabeth something,” Will asked.

“Not at all, sir.” Helen nodded.

Will guided me away from the mess and too the Library. “My Uncle kept a journal. I haven't read a considerable amount of it but what I did read, was very interesting. He mentions your Mother and how she's lost her way. Would you care to enlighten me?

I felt like I was being interrogated,”Well yes, she fell off the wagon. Very far off the wagon, that's why I tend to keep a low profile. No one has figured out who I was until now. I'd like to keep it that way if you don't mind. If the town finds out about my reappearance, it could prove to be costly.”

“Oh I wouldn't think of outing you! I'm just interested, my Uncle would sometimes talk about your Mother and her daughter. I'm just curious as to how we never met, with you Mother visiting ever so often.” He sat down in a chair.

I sat in the one across from his,”Well, I'm not a social butterfly, to begin. My Mother's wishes for me to marry and soon have a family of my own were out of this world. We didn't get along. So her going off to visit your Uncle, was my opportunity to be free of her.”

He nodded, licking his lips,”When Emily and I were talking she did mention that you and your Mother weren't on the best of terms.” His eyes slightly shifted to my unnatural looking hand.

“No, she eventually went to far.” I answered, looking down.

“I do apologize if I'm making you uncomfortable. It's just, what Emily told me interested me greatly. She said we have a lot in common in some areas. One of them being how you got that scar on your face.” He motioned.

I lightly touched my face,”Did she tell you how I got it?”

He shook his head,”She said it was your story to tell. If you wouldn't mind, that is.”

I thought. Will and I had to get close and fast.”No, not at all. I was in love with someone.” I started. “He and I were perfect together, I loved him very much. His..brother was a werewolf. I was at his house on evening, a full moon evening to be exact. I would often help him prepare his brother for the transformation.” I shifted.

“On that particular evening, he got loose. I was alone while Henry,” I made up a name,” went to get a shot gun to slow him down. I got trapped in a corner and he took to long. Before I knew it, I was on the floor, my face bleeding. It was extremely painful. On that night though I also lost Henry, his brother got out of control and eventually he was put down. I've never been back to that house again”

Will looked at me with a expression I couldn't read,”That's awful, loosing someone you love. At that a friend, his brother.”

“Yes, we'll I've moved on. I've learned not to hold on to it, there was nothing I could do.” I lied smoothly. I hope he bought it.

“Well I assume I can trust you.” he said seriously.

“Of course,” I replied.

He sighed,”I might regret telling you. But I can't keep this secret to myself anymore,” he got up and shut the library doors. “Just promise you won't run away screaming.”

Was he going to tell me what I thought he was? Did he really trust me this much?

“I promise.” I stood up.

He nodded,”Well, your Henry's brother's curse. I have it, I have for years now.”

I swallowed, making a believable reaction,”You-You're serious?”

He shrugged,”Emily knows but you have experience with this. I can't tell Lucy yet, what we have I want to hold on to. I need someone to help me. I'm fearing that I can't do this on my own much longer.”

“You're asking me to help you with your transformations? What would Lucy think of me coming over every full moon? It would be highly suspicious.” I reasoned. He didn't know that I was more than ready to help him.

“Lucy doesn't live here some weeks. She wouldn't suspect a thing, hopefully.” he said pulling the lever to the secret door.

“What's this?” I gestured towards the door.

“This is where I transform. I've had it built in when I first moved in with my Uncle. He was gracious enough to build something to protect not just myself, but everyone.” He stepped into the door.

I followed right behind him. We walked down the stairs, nostalgia was the exact feeling that was overcoming me.

“This is amazing,” I said, tracing the familiar claw marks on the wall.

“It's enough but with each transformation, the harder the next one is after a certain period of time. I can feel that I can't compete with them anymore” he said picking the chains up with ease.

I nodded,” Henry's brother had the same problem. Pretty soon, he would tell us he felt weaker and weaker after every transformation. It gets harder to control.”

He nodded,”Exactly.”

He put the chains in the corner, and I stood in silence.

“So you'll help me? Please.” he asked almost pleadingly.

I nodded,”Of course.”

He folded his hands together,”Thank you. Now enough about my personal drama. Tell more about this hidden life of yours.”

I smiled,”Well, I was adventurous. I love the outdoors, just another thing my Mother disagreed with. My Father was killed by a vampire when I was younger and after his death, my Mother turned cold and judgmental. She always tried to impress everyone but every once in awhile, she was a Mother before a debutant.”

Will looked at my sympathetically,”Sounds rough.”

I thought back to the past,”That was a dream compared to how she was nearing her last days. The scar on my face isn't the only one I have. I've collected quite a few.”

“Emily told me about some of them. I'll give you credit, most girls would have dropped life all together.” he said.
I slightly shrugged,”I just couldn't do that. I had people to live for, who loved me. I have to admit though, I've contemplated giving up after she came after me with a meat tenderizer. My shoulder will never be the same.”

“I just can't believe we've never met or even seen each other before. I worked in the stables before I inherited my Uncles company and money. I was out in the town and around your street all the time.” he said with a disbelieving look on his face.

“Well better late then never right? Do you know when the next full moon is?” I wondered.

He scratched the back of his head,”It should be coming up soon. A few days ahead of time, I'll feel off. My senses will be heightened, everything becomes crystal clear. Down side is my emotions become heightened as well, which means I'll be more temperamental. I can usually control it though.”

I cracked a smile,”Sounds like you don't even need me. You're very prepared.”

“It would seem like that wouldn't it?” he asked rhetorically. “Back when I was in my first round of transformations, I wasn't as prepared. I would get out and I didn't know it at the time, but I was hurting people without even knowing it. I found eventually that I killed someone . Ever since then, I've just felt the need to be more prepared.

The that seems like another life. My Will, never told me about his old werewolf days.”Has anyone else ever found out about your condition?”

He nodded,”A whole town actually. I to skip out, found my way here probably eight years ago.”

That would explain his sudden appearance. He showed up not to long before I met him.”We'll at least you're lucky enough to have the supplies to keep you locked up. Even though it looks like even those chains can't keep you down.” I looked towards the claw marks on the wall.

“I get out almost half the time. I've tried everything. Eating wolfs-bane before the transformation, more chains, more hooks, and attachments. Nothing works.”

“Nothing worked for Henry's brother either.” I smiled weakly.

Will stepped closer to me.
_______________________________________________________________________
Will POV

I stepped closer to her. Just a step but she noticed and look at me.

“If I could be so blunt, that scar just adds to your beauty.” I told her honestly. She was beautiful.

She laughed a little,”Most would think the opposite. The way people stare at me, it's like I'm below them. I make sure they know otherwise.”

She had a contagious laugh.”I have a few battle wounds of my own.”

She cocked her head, quirking her eyebrow up,”What battles have you fought?”

I rolled my sleeve up to my elbow, revealing bite marks.”I'm pretty sure when I was turned, I got into a fight with a vampire. I've got these all over me. I've got gashes that have scared over right here,” I said pointing to my stomach.

“Did you at least win?” she teased.

“I'll never know. How about you? I know of your meat tenderizer and werewolf incident. Any others you care to share?” I asked, fully knowing that she had others. Emily has told me.

“Well,” she said holding her hand up,”meat tenderizer, round one.” She then pulled her shoulder out a little revealing a scar I even cringe at. “This is meat tenderizer round two.”

“Ouch,” I said honestly.

“Oh there's more,” she smirked. She opened her palm to show a bite mark,”My childhood friend wanted a chunk out of me when I was younger. I have lash marks covering my back, it's unsightly.”

“I think you beat me.” I walked towards the stairs, leading back up to the Library. We were done down here anyways.

“It came with a price though. I'm assuming Helen, your maid, knows about your condition?”

I nodded,”Of course. I'd think it'd be unfair to keep it from her. Besides, she would have figured it out eventually.”

I closed the door, I was about to speak but she beat me to it. “I think I should get going. I have some business to attend to. I recently found out about my Father's will. I've inherited just like you. I'm rebuilding the house. I'm thinking about moving back completely.”

That would explain why she look much cleaner and dressed up than when I last saw her. “That's great. I'm sure your family would have loved that.”

“I grew up in that house. It would be a blessing to raise a family in it, build a stable.” She smiled at the thought.

“You ride?” I asked curiously.

“I'm a horse whisper of some sorts.” She opened the front door, turning around with a teasing look on her face.

I crossed my arms.”Are you now? Well then, would you like to join me for a ride tomorrow then? Ask Emily to come as well. I'm sure she would love it.”

“That sounds great! I'll be sure to tell her.” Her smile broadened.

I leaned against the door frame. “I'll be expecting you two tomorrow then.”

“You shall.” she said, turning and walking down the steps.

I stood there for a second, just thinking. Something about her, just a sense of familiarity was around her. It was like a aura. I couldn't help but feel it. I had to find out more about her family, her past.

I shut the door and when to my Uncles old study. I knew he kept records of some kind around in his files. Any old clients or neighbors, he was sure to have records on their house, family history. It was always just as a precaution.

I search and found 'Mansfield', labeling one of the old files. I took it out and dusted off.

I looked through it, only seeing anything that Elizabeth has already told me. Then something caught my eye.

Elizabeth Mansfield:

Born: May 21, 1870
Death:May 22, 1890


Death?

I doubled checked it. How is this possible? There must be a mistake. Maybe that was day her house burned down and they just assumed she died in the fire?

That would make no sense because it's a well known fact that it happened earlier than that.

I could trust her; I think. Her death written is one day after her birthday. That's odd. Very odd.

Should I ask her? Would that be weird? There's not natural way to ask somebody if they're dead.

I have to though. I have to know that I can trust her. If there's one thing that I've learned about her already, it's that she's like an open book. She's incredibly easy to read.

I'll just ask have to ask Emily. Yes, I'll just have to ask Emily
♠ ♠ ♠
Man, it was killing me this chapter. I wanted to write them like I have been but nope, they're just friends. It's staying like that for quite awhile sadly as well. Quite awhile as in, not happening anytime soon.

Don't fret though, Will and Elizabeth will reunite in true love bliss eventually. True love always prevails, remember?

Comment, [please]? Silent readers kill my mojo. If I even have any that is.

Subscribe as well!

Avec l'amour

-Mel