Status: The epilogue is up and posted. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Blue Moon

Danger

Since the incident, Emily and I have returned to our hotel room and stayed there. Unbelievably, it's been two days since it has happened.. Emily is shaken but mostly worried. She keeps telling me she can't explain what happened in there, it was such an oddity.

I don't know where Will is, nor do I know where Collin is. I'm worried something bad is going to happen. I have a reason to believe now that Will is hiding something more than just his feelings for me. He's purposely distancing me for a reason. I don't like, I can't help though. I need to know what is going on, not just for Emily but for myself as well.

I wonder if Lucy knows of Collin's disturbance. I don't know where Lucy could be though, I don't really want to talk to her though. I've only scene her a few times, she's been nothing but nice to me, but she's not my cup of tea understandably.

I need to get out of this hotel room and find out what is going on. Will just ran off without giving me answers. All I know is that at that moment, Emily and I were in deep danger.

“Emily.” She was sitting in a chair by the window reading. I needed to speak with her though, we needed to figure out what we were to do.

“Hm?” She looked up from her book and looked at me expectantly. She's been less emotional and stressed since telling Collin but shes been worried.

“We need to discuss what were doing here.” I suggested. I sat in the chair next to her, folding my hands into my lap.

She sighed and rested her book down onto her lap,”Eliza, you're thinking about this more than I am. I would love nothing more than to know what is happening with Collin, but for now I fear there is nothing we can do. I just need to relax and not think about it. You need to do the same, go out and do something.” She was right and much as I wanted to figure this out.

“I suppose you're right. I could go check and see how the house is coming along. It's been about a week since I've checked up on the workers, I know I should be checking more often.” I mused to myself.

“Yes, that's a brilliant idea. I want to know how the house building is coming along, it should be looking brand new soon.” Emily was excited about living in the house again, having an actual house to live in. She knew she could have any room she liked in the house and that she is most certainly not a maid anymore as far as I'm concerned. I don't think I would be needing a maid or servant at that thought.

I nodded and got up to gather my things to leave. I didn't know how the house would look right about now, I don't even know if my Mother's spirit would still be there. I hoped she was but another part of me is hoping that she has moved on to the spirit world for peace and closure.

I arrived down at the carriage available for me but I declined, wanting to just ride my horse down. Perhaps I would go for a ride after I was done at the house. I wasn't dressed in any expensive dresses, it was a simple off white one with a light yellow ribbon tied around my waist. My hair was only pinned back half way, there was no worrying in messing it up.

I got settled on my horse and took off towards my house. I would restore it to it's original state, the blue siding on it would be the same, down to the wood used for the banister for the stairs.

The travel time only took about ten minutes, the amount of people significantly diminished as I rode further out of town where my house was.

It was a rather nice day out. Not to hot, not to cold. The ground was a dry as could be. The weather was so bipolar around here, it was spring though.

I rode up to the house, seeing the progress was more than I expected. The house didn't look run down or like it was in a fire anymore. It almost looked normal, they've started painting.

It was a Sunday, there were no workers at the house today. I tied my horse up and walked up the steps and opened the new redwood door they installed.

The inside wasn't nearly finished but it was all cleaned up. There were no burnt piece of the floor or ceiling littering the ground. I couldn't go up the stairs yet and there were a few holes that needed to be patched up.

I was brought back to the days of living here with the house looking closer and closer to it's former glory. With the memories coming back though, it was going to be harder keeping my past from Will.

I knew I was going to be myself to much at this house. Reminding of myself, I noticed that my Mother's ghost was no where in sight.

I felt a pang of sadness realizing that if she was still here, she would have showed herself by now. Just for hope, I called out her name a few time. Each time came with no answer. Maybe then she would be watching over me.

I took one last look at the house and walked out. I untied my horse and was ready for a ride. I walked the horse back around the house and was curious to see that the backyard was almost the same. I hopped of the horse, the reigns in my hand still to lead the horse behind me.

I walked and saw a very dead garden, the shed and the fence. I walked further down, and noticed something staining the lightly colored wood fence. I ran my hand over the blood stains, I knew it was mine from the whipping. I didn't think any evidence of that would still be here. I was a little surprised to say the least.

I sighed quickly and climbed back on my horse and lead it towards the opening to the field. Once I reached it, I broke her into a gallop.

I rode and knew I was soon on Will property. I wanted so badly to just stop by and ask what happened but I forced myself to keep on riding. I rode into the woods and found the clearing that I was in only weeks ago.

I stopped the horse suddenly when I saw a very bloody deer corpse, mangled on the edge of the forest. It was rather disgusting but how it looked, that was interesting.

It had claw marks lining from naval to chin, it's guts hanging out because of it. It's face and the back of the neck, I could see bite marks. Those bite marks were of a vampire, the claw marks, well those were of a werewolf.

I can't ignore this. This is unexplainable. A werewolf and a vampire attacking the same animal? The scents from either one would drive them each away from it.

“Interesting isn't it?” I heard Collin's voice ask, he appeared out of thin air. I was startled by his ragged appearance. He was cover in blood, his shirt was ripped, and had cuts all over him.

My first instinct was to get out of here, he was dangerous. By Collin just leaned against the tree, posing no threat it seemed.

“I know you have every reason to be frightened by me, Elizabeth. Please, don't run though.” Collin assured me.

“Collin, what are you? Did you do this?” I asked him shocked, pointing to the deer. He wasn't something as simple as vampire or werewolf, that was solved.

“I'm a hybrid. I'm both vampire and werewolf. I know, I'm a double abomination to nature.” He said it with such ease. He was relaxed,

“How? It's been deemed impossible.” I was confused. The only other person I knew to attempt the hybrid curse, was Ben. He was killed before he could succeed.

“When I was younger, a man came up to me when I was in town. He was tall, wealthy, and had a very dangerous stance about him. I probably should of run off, or told him to leave. I didn't though, and that's the regret I'll carry with me for the rest of my life. The way he worded this curse, it sounded more like a gift. I could help both sides of the curses, vampires and werewolves. He eventually took me by the neck and bit down, I didn't even give him my answer. He just decided for me. After he bit me, his hand changed and a claws grew. He scratched me over my bit mark. I knew that it wouldn't work, but then he cut his wrist and forced his blood down my throat. He then snapped my neck and killed me. I never saw him again.” Collin explained, he looked as if he was rolling in a memory. I could only stared very bewildered.

“Collin,” I started. He snapped out of his trance. “Did you ever catch the name of this man?”

He shook his head,”No, I only saw his crest. It was engraved on his pocket watch. It was hanging from his coat I remember. The only name I could of gathered was, Young.”

I felt the blood drain from my face. “Did you say, Young?” He couldn't of succeeded. He was suppose to be dead! How could he have done it?

“Yes.” He paused, stepping closer. “Is there something wrong, Elizabeth?” He placed a hand on my shoulder, concerned.

“Yes,” I breathed. “Yes, I'm fine. It's just a lot to take in.” I was more worried than ever now. Collin was turned by Ben. It had to be Ben. I mean how many other Young's are there that were hybrids?

“If you wouldn't mind, don't tell Emily. I didn't run off because I was mad. My emotions control when I shift. If I get to emotional, it could happen. I've been getting better at controlling them but Elizabeth, you know I love her. I couldn't control them, I started to shift, so I ran out the window.” His guilt was written all over his face. I felt bad for him.

“She's just worried. She was shaken but it was just a shock to her. I know she would want to see you.” I squeezed his shoulder in sympathy. I knew it wasn't easy learning about a curse. It was difficult to adjust and to be patient.

“I feel like nothing but a danger to her now. I'm so scared I'm going to hurt her, especially now that she is expecting. I don't know if this curse is genetic or if the baby will develop faster. I don't know of any other hybrids, Elizabeth. I'm afraid for both her and the baby.” I could see him start to shake, his emotions were getting the better of him.

“Collin, you're not alone in this. Will knows, I saw the way he reacted after you left. I know about his curse, he can help you. As for the vampire part, well, you just have to figure that out. But we can all figure it out together. Emily would want to help, it was be almost insulting to her to tell her she couldn't.” I comforted him quickly. I didn't need a transformation happening. I didn't know what to expect when he transformed.

“I need to get out of here, Elizabeth. I need to learn more about his curse before I endanger anyone else.” Collin couldn't calm down. He was shaking almost violently.

“Collin, just breath.” I assured him. I was getting frightened now, he could transform at any minute for all I knew.

“Leave, please. I can feel it happening. I can't control it anymore once it starts.” He knelt down to the ground. He was trying to fight it, I could tell. But it was pointless to.

I climbed onto my horse and rode off without looking back. It was well into sunset right now, almost twilight. I knew if it got dark when I was still out here in the forest, I was as good as dead.

I heard a howl split the air, my horse sensed the danger. She galloped faster and faster. By the time I reached Will's property, my horse was wheezing. I could hear growls and howling from behind me, I didn't know how far off Collin was. For all I know he could still be back there, or tracking my scent right now.

My horse slowed down, she couldn't gallop anymore. She was covered in a cold sweat, the last thing I needed was a tired horse. I kicked my heel against her side but she protested, barely even trotting.

I saw the stables in sight and I pushed her to go as fast as she could towards it. As soon as we reach it, I clamored off the saddle and lead her into an empty stable. Barely moving slow enough to remember to close the door.

I was beyond scared. I had no clue if Collin was around the corner or back towards the cliffs still. I silently wandered out of the stables, I saw lights on in Will's house. It was the safest place to be right now, I just had to find the courage to walk up to it.

I walked, I wanted to run but to much noise I feared would give me away. I was along the stables still, I felt silly for being so scared. I was feeling better until I heard some horses in the stable neigh loudly. I heard some kicking at the wall behind me.

I was stricken with fear, I felt as if I couldn't move. So I froze against the wall. My whole body was tense with adrenaline pulsing through my veins. I heard the ground from around the corner being stepped on.

I could hear something just a few feet away from me, I was about to run. It was my only choice. I slowly started to step forward, getting ready to run like a bat out of hell.

I was suddenly whipped back around, a hand placed tightly over my mouth. A scream erupted from my mouth as I thought this was the end. I was pressed against the wall, inside the stable. My eyes were squeezed tightly shut, not wanting to look the beast in the eye.

My scream was muffled by the hand over my mouth, I reluctantly opened my eyes. I was face to face with Will. Hallelujah, it was Will. I could of cried then, I felt so relieved I wasn't about to be killed.

He took his hand away from my mouth as was still gripped with fear. Just because Will was standing in front of me, didn't mean that I was safe.

“What in the hell are you doing down here?” Will whispered harshly to me. I guess he had a reason to be angry at me.

“I'm running from Collin.” I whispered back defensively.
“Are you insane? Collin is the most dangerous person to be around, Eliza! How did you even find him? I've been looking for him all day.” Will was angry but I could tell he was paranoid. He didn't have a clue where Collin was either, his paranoia showed as he kept looking behind his back.

“I was just out riding. I came across him at the cliffs, he was so calm and then he started to talk about what happened. He told me to leave and so I did and now here I am, trying to get to safety. So please, just let me run up to the house.” I knew it was a stupid idea but I felt like my death was just around the corner. Not literally of course, but I felt supremely unsafe right now.

“That's got to be the densest thing you've ever said, absolutely not.” Will rose his voice a little. I knew he would be extremely opposed to the idea. But right about now, I wanted nothing more than to run up to the house. It wasn't to far but I knew as soon as I was in there, I would be safe.

“Will, it's the safest place right now. I mean, what are you even doing down here?” I never thought about why he was down here.

“I heard some commotion and someone galloping onto my property. I was already outside, so I ran down here.” I hadn't noticed that Will had a grip on my arms, a tight one at that.

“Will please let go of me. I'm sure if he was around us, he would of heard us by now.” I was trying to reason with him. Reasoning with Will was like trying to convince a wall sometimes. It was impossible if his mind was already set.

“You are not leaving. You could get killed, Eliza. I can't sense him. He may be part werewolf but I can't sense it until he is next to me. The vampire part of him protects that.” His mind was set but so was mine.

I knew he would be even more mad at me if I got away from him. I just had a feeling though, that I needed to run and get out of here. So I had to play scared. Trying to knee him or hurt his was out of the question. It was feel like I was just flicking him at the most.

“Wi-will.” I let my eyes widen, and my breathing get labored. Being afraid could come in handy sometimes. I stared directing behind him, down at the other end of the stables.

He turned his head to follow my gaze, his hands dropping from my arms. I was free to run. I felt horrible, but I instincts were telling to get the hell out of here.

I took off running, without a second thought. I sprinted as fast as I could. Will probably knew I took off as soon as I started running. I was surprised he wasn't trying to tackle me to the ground.

I was almost up the hill, I could see the garden in sight. I could feel myself speed up at the sight of a safe haven. Something hit me from the side thought, throwing me to the ground. I thought it would be Will, but I looked over and saw a very messed up Collin.

His facial features were of a vampire but he was shaped like a werewolf. He was definitely smaller than a werewolf but he was just as strong. His eyes were red, they looked so evil. He had blood all over him, he bared his teeth at me.

I knew he was in a primal state right now. I couldn't get to him, he was completely gone.

He looked at me like a predator to its prey. I backed up slowly until my back hit the small tree behind me. Collin was few feet away before he was suddenly right in my face. It scared me, my immediate reaction was to yell for Will. I screamed it actually, it echoed through the night air.

All I could think at this moment is that, Will was right. This was the stupidest idea I've ever had, and I was about to pay for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update. I've been busy and super tired. But it's all good now, I should be updating every few days probably.

This is the first chapter in a long time that hasn't had a break in it. I feel weird that I don't have one in it.

Oh well.

What do you think of all of this? Pretty crazy right? Let me know how you feel about Elizabeth pulling one of those clique horror movie scenes and going off by herself.

Comment? Subscribe? Don't be a silent reader!

Thanks to all who commented and subscribed last chapter! You're awesome :)