Status: The epilogue is up and posted. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Blue Moon

The Truth

Elizabeth's Point of View

I walked into Madame Gould's house nervously. “So your a deal I made 19 years ago,” she mused pouring herself some tea.

She motioned towards the tea and I shook my head no. “You know your parents were absolutely desperate. It almost looked they were willing to give up their own lives for you,” she said sitting down and her table with the crystal ball on it.

“I came to see if you could possibly call off the deal,” I said.

“Oh darling a deal is a deal. Didn't your parents teach you that?” she asked.

“Yes they did but my mother didn't bother to tell me about this deal until a couple days ago,” I said.

She looked shocked,”Well how foolish of her!” she said. “It doesn't change a thing though,” she said.

“Madame Gould please! I beg of you! I haven't the slightest idea of where my love could be or even how to find it!” I said pathetically.

“Well my dear that's the joy of a true love. You don't look for them, they come to you.” she took my hand and studied it. “Yours though is closer than you think,” she said.

“Really?” I asked hopeful. “Don't tell me it's one of the older men at the conferences,” I said.

She placed her hands over the crystal ball and concentrated. “My dear yours is...handsome and brave. He though has his own curse to fulfill,” she said.

“He's cursed?” I asked slightly disappointed.

“Yes and a dreaded curse at that. I see black fur and yellow eyes,” she said.

I froze,”Li-Like a...werewolf?” I asked pleading in my head that I was wrong.

“Precisely,” she said looking at me.

My heart dropped through my stomach, “How and I suppose to be with him?” I asked.

“Love always prevails dear one,” she said.

I sat there letting it sink in. “I must confess Madame. I saw a werewolf outside my window last night who looked exactly how you described,” I said.

“That must be him my dear one,” she said. “Now I can't help you anymore without effecting the deal,” she said.

“Thank you Madame Gould,” I said bowing my head slightly in respect.

“I hope you fulfill the deal,” she said. “Oh and dear!” she called.

I turned and looked at her,”Yes?” I asked. “There is a very dangerous effect of this deal. Day by day you will become weaker and weaker, with you coming closer to death. So I advise you to use your time wisely because by the time of you birthday, I doubt you'll be able to walk.” she said with a grave edge to her voice. I nodded seriously and walked to the front door and exited. I exhaled a breath that seemed to be caught in my throat the whole time.

I walked down the steps and continued down the street back to the hotel. I couldn't help but feel like I was being followed though. I turned my head around and could have swore I saw a glimpse of Will. Looked straight again but turned my head once more and didn't see him there. I was to paranoid about this. I silently walked back to the hotel for what seemed forever. I knew I would be stressed about this deal, that was more like a curse, until it was taken care of. I entered the hotel and started towards the stairs the man at the front counter called me over though.

“Miss you have a telegram,” he said handing me it. I opened it up and read it:

Dearest Elizabeth,

I hope you short trip is going as planned and well. I also hope you are keeping on your best behavior and best manners because your not only embarrassing yourself but me as well. On with the news though. I would send you this unless it was urgent. Mr. Donner and I have decided to put a search out for eligible men in the town for you. I can almost see you rolling your eyes at that Elizabeth but Mr. Donner insists he helps out in anyway he can. As soon as you return, Mr. Donner is holding a bit of a masquerade dance in your honor. Please don't fret, you know it is for the best.

From,

Your Loving Mother


By the time I got done reading the telegram from my mother I was gripping the counter tightly. How could she do this?! She knew fully well I absolutely loathed parties, especially in my honor. I huffed angrily and started up the stairs to my room. Once I arrived I opened the door and set my gloves and the telegram down on the bed.

I saw Emily sewing in the chair and Will breathing quite heavily. “Why are you breathing so hard?” I asked looking at him weird.

“I...was..in..a...hurry...to...get...some...where,” he said in between breaths.

“Where exactly,” I said not really buying it.

“Like...you...care,” he said starting to breathe a bit more normal.

“Your right, I don't,” I said honestly.

“Emily can I talk to you in private?” I asked her looking at Will when I said it.

He huffed and walked out the door to wait outside.

“What's the matter Eliza?” she asked putting her sewing supplies down.

“If I tell you something you promise not to tell,” I said seriously.

“Of course,” she replied moving over to sit next to me.

“The whole reason we came her was so I can take to a fortune teller my parents talked to before I was born. They went for fun but soon learned I was still be born still. They struck a deal with the fortune teller that if I did not find my true love by my twentieth birthday...I am to die,” I said.

She stared at me in shock,”Oh my Lord! That's horrible!” she said.

“There's more,” I said.

“She told me about a vision she was having because she still wanted to help a tad. She told me she saw black fur and piercing yellow eyes,” I said.

“Like a werewolf,” she finished.

“Exactly, so my true love is cursed and further more we can never be together. So I think I'm going to die,” I said finishing sadly.

“Oh Elizabeth! That's just horrible!” she said hugging me tightly.

I hugged her back, appreciating the empathy.

A knock on the door ruined our moment.”Can I come back in now? “ asked a irritated Will.

I sighed loudly,”Yes,” I said.

“You two done gossiping?” he asked annoyed.

I only glared at him. We all sat there in basic silence for the rest of the afternoon. I spent the majority of it thinking about the damn deal. Emily spent it sewing and worried glances at me. Will on the other hand just slept.

The sun was almost completely down and Will was snoring rather loudly. I was getting fed up with it to, as was Emily.

I got up off the bed and walked over to him. “Will,” I said annoyed. He didn't stir, I smacked his head a little,”Will!” I yelled.

He startled awake,”What's going on!” he said loudly, his eyes slightly wide.

Me and Emily busted out into laughter. “You..should...have..scene...your..reaction!” I said in between laughs.

He narrowed his eyes at me and shoved pass me. I was paying attention until I felt something hit me in the back. I let out a gasp and stepped forward a bit.

I turned and saw Will, pillow in hand. “Not so fun is it? Getting hit without warning,” he said.

I sneered as bit before grabbing the pillow next to me and reeling it and hitting him hard.

“You don't want to start this,” he said.

“No, I don't think YOU want to start this,” I said.

“Fine your choice,” he said walking towards me swinging but I moved and he hit Emily instead.

“Oh Emily! I'm sorry!.” he apologized. She got up slowly looking hurt. She quickly bent down and picked up a pillow and hit him in the face.

“It's fine,” she said smiling.

I laughed at it,”What are you laughing at?” Will asked turning around and hitting me. I gasped and hit him back. We were soon hitting each other in a full out pillow fight.

30 minutes later we all spread throughout the room with feathers from the pillows scattered around us. We were all slightly tired from the pillow fight. We all just laid their for a while in silence.

“I think I'm going to go to bed if that's alright,” said Emily.

“That's fine Emily. I was planning on going on a bit a walk before bed,” I said getting up off the floor.

“Are you sure? I mean I don't want to make you leave,” said Emily.

“No, no I need a nice walk. I haven't had one in ages,” I said.

“Alright have a nice walk then,” she said.

I smiled back at her and walked out the door. I was halfway down the hallway when Will emerged from the door.

“Will what are you doing?” I asked.

“I don't want to stay there and stare at the wall while Emily is trying to sleep,” he said.

“Well...” I started. Did I really want Will to go on a walk with me? Would we kill each other...possibly. The company would be nice though. “Would you like to join me?” I asked, the question sounded forced.

He stood there as if thinking the same thing I was .”Why not,” he said.

We started walking down the rest of the hallway and down the stairs to the hotel door. We walked into the spring night in an awkward silence. “So...” I said.

“So...” said Will.

“Why did you come with me and Emily?” I asked.

“Your mom practically begged Mr. Donner. He knew though that I'm not a people person, per say, so I got paid extra to come,” he said.

“Oh that's nice I guess,” I said.

“Why did you take this trip,” he asked. I thought this question would come from him sometime on this trip.

“I'd rather not say. It's pretty personal,”I said.

“It can't be that bad can it?” he asked pushing the question.

“Trust me, it is,” I said.

“Well it's not like your going to die or anything,” he said jokingly. I looked at him sadly.

He stopped walking,”Your going to die aren't you?” he asked looking regretful for saying what he said.

“Technically not. It depends on what the future holds,” I said.

”I'm sorry I shouldn't have joked about that,” he said.

“It's okay. Someone has to take it lightly,” I said.

He smirked a bit,”Is there anything you can do about it?” he asked.

“Yes and no,” I said. Before he could continue I gave more detail,”Yes as in, I can try my hardest to...find it. No as in it's not easy to find, especially in such a short amount of time,” I said.

“What are you looking for?” he asked.

“I'd rather not tell you what it's about,” I said. “I can say that is going to be plaguing me until it's over with. I'm already stressed and fearful, and I just found out the day before yesterday,” I said.

“I know what that plaguing fear feels like,” he said looking at the night sky with a unreadable expression.

“What's the fear that plagues you?” I asked.

“Honestly, you don't what to know. It's something people fear when they don't actually have to live with it,” he said.

“If I tell you my story will you tell me your?” I asked curious to what it was Will was hiding.

“If it was something you wouldn't run away screaming from I would but unfortunately it's highly feared by people. I can say if anyone knew, I'd be shunned from the town,” he said.

We walked in silence while I thought about what he said. What could be so bad that he would be shunned away from a whole town? “What if I guess it?” I asked.

He took a minute before answering,”Yes you can but on one condition,” he said looking serious. “You cannot tell anyone, no matter how bad you'll want to. Also if I get to guess yours as well,” he said.

“Fair enough,” I said crossing my arms behind my back.

“Okay is it something that you were born with?” I asked.

“No it happened when I was sixteen years old,” he said.

“Is it something you can get rid of?” I asked.

“So far there isn't any know cure for it,” he said.

“Is it a disease?” I asked.

“No,” he replied.

“Is it...a curse?” I asked.

He paused,” Yes,” he said.

“Can you benefit from this curse?” I asked.

“In someways I can but mostly no,” he said.

I was stumped, “Is it harmful to other people?” I asked.

“Very much so,” he answered.

“Is it painful for you,” I asked. “Again, very much so. Both physically and emotionally,” he said.

I thought hard about what could be painful in almost every way, be a curse, and have him be shunned from a town if found out. Then is suddenly clicked. “Is is supernatural?” I asked.

“Yes,” he said quietly.

“I don't think I want to know what is your problem is anymore then,” I said.

“Why not? You got pretty close,” he said.

“I don't want that type of secret on my shoulders,” I said.

“Okay then. Do you I still get to guess yours?” he asked hopeful. I paused, could I trust him?

Will's Point of View

“You can trust that I won't tell anyone,” I said.

“Can I? We don't exactly have the best record of being kind to each other,” she said. She had a point but I let her guess mind.

“With my secret, I know how hard it could be to trust someone with it. I would want anyone finding out my secret if I told someone. You really can trust me,” I said.

She paused for a minute,”Okay you can guess,” she said.

“Alright like your first question, were you born with it?” I asked.

“Yes,” she answered.

“Can you control it?” I asked.

“In some ways yes but mostly no,” she said.

“Is it a curse since you could possibly die from it?” I asked.

“Well it's more like a sealed deal,” she said.

“Does this deal come with a trade?” I asked.

“That is the deal one big trade,” she said sighing.

“What's the trade?” I asked.

She turned to look at me for a second before turning away, “The deal was that before I was born my parents went to a fortune teller for some fun. They didn't expect to get a fortune of me being still birthed. So naturally my parents said they would do anything to keep me living. The deal was if I didn't find a true love by my twentieth birthday I would die at midnight that night,” I said.

“So basically you aren't suppose to be alive right now?” I asked.

“Correct. In fact Mrs. Collins found out somehow about it and told my mother that I was a dishonor to society because my future was tinkered with and that I should have been better of dead,” I said.

“I'm sorry you have to go through this,” I said sincerely.

“It's okay I'm sure yours is much worse than mine,” she said.

“There is another part though,” she said.

“You didn't guess it but it's a hard guess,” she said.

“Can I know?” I asked.

“I think you can,” she said.

I waited curious for her to continue.

“When I went to visit the fortune teller earlier today she wanted to help out a bit. She told me that my true love was cursed so basically we could never be together because of it. I will probably end up dying in the long run. The funny thing is though that once I get home, my mother and Mr. Donner are throwing a masquerade party so I can hunt for that man. I didn't tell her though that I know were not going to find him there. And just to top it off with everyday passing, I'll get weaker and weaker, since I'm practically dying.” she said.

I was a bit taken aback. She didn't get a good end of the stick either way. She was fooled out of twenty years of life. I felt truly sorry for her. “I'm truly sorry for that,” I said.

“It's okay, I'm starting to embrace it all,” she said smiling at me.

I didn't notice that we just did a big circle and were back at the hotel again.

“Nice walk,” I said.

“Yes I can say so my self that it was very civil surprisingly,” she said.

I didn't know what I had against this girl in the first place. Maybe it's the fact that my curse made my mood shift around the date of the transformation and also after. Maybe though it was the foul day I was having. I wonder if this calm atmosphere is going to last between us.

“Are you coming?” she asked a few steps ahead.

I walked forward to match her steps as we both walked up the stairs. We soon arrived at the door and she took the key out and unlocked the door and walked in with me behind her.

“Have a nice walk?” asked Emily knitting something.

I noticed Elizabeth send a sly glance my way before turning her attention back to Emily,”Yes, it was...interesting,” she said as if she was deciding herself what to make of the walk.

I had to agree with her it was interesting. I walked over and plopped down on the bed and rested my hands behind my head. It was now seven at night and a low glow lit the room slightly.

“I'm going to change into something other than this thing,” said Elizabeth suddenly, looking frustrated with the layers of fabric she was wearing.

“Do you need any help getting your corset off?” asked Emily.

“If you wouldn't mind,” said Elizabeth.

“Of course, it's why I'm here,” she said.

Elizabeth walked over and opened her suit case and reached for a more casual dress when I notice a scar on her right palm. I stared at it entranced for the second it took to get the dress. Elizabeth must have noticed because her eyes widened a bit and she curled her hand into a fist and send a hard look at me. Calm atmosphere over I guess. I laid back down on the bed and got comfy while they exited to the bathroom down the hall. I yawned tiredly and shut my eyes to rest.

I must have falling asleep because it was now completely dark outside and I felt the bed shift a bit. I opened my eyes all the way and sat up to see Elizabeth grabbing the pillow and her book from the bed.

“What are you doing?” I asked dazed.

“I'm moving to the floor, you were asleep and I didn't want to disturb you but I guess it's to late for that,” she said sheepishly.

“No, no I'll move to the floor. You have the bed,” I said getting up.

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“Yes,” I said getting completely up stumbling a bit. Her hand instinctively reached out to my shoulder to steady me. She retrieved after not even a second. But for that half a second, a weird feeling took my body over. It was like I actually felt something towards her.

“You okay?” she asked breaking my thoughts.

“Yeah just not fully awake,” I said walking over and laying down on the floor. I grabbed the blanket and pulled it up around my shoulders. The floor was freezing and hard, there was no way I was going to be able to sleep tonight. I sighed and shifted uncomfortably.

“Will?” asked Elizabeth.

“Yes,” I replied tiredly.

“I was thinking. You have to steer the horses tomorrow and you need a good night's sleep so would you like to sleep up here?” she asked. I thought about it. Would it be awkward as all get out? Yes it most definitely would but I would get a good nights sleep.

“You don't have to do that,” I said reassuringly.

“No, it'll bother me all night,” she said.

“Okay then,” I said getting up off the floor and walking over to the bed. I sat down on the bed as she scouted over to give me room. I laid back onto the pillow, allowing her to have the covers and I would sleep on top of the covers.

“Goodnight,” she said awkwardly.

“G'night,” I said clearing my throat a bit. We both turned over, our backs to each other. I heard her sigh uncomfortably and shift a bit before I heard her silent breathing, indicating she was asleep. I closed my eyes and hoped that I would just get a good night sleep for tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited. I apologize for the "she said" after every sentence lol. I tried to change it up a little :)

Avec l'amour

-Mel♥