Status: The epilogue is up and posted. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Blue Moon

Jealousy

“Where is he?” I asked Emily again. We were waiting in town, waiting for Tommy to show up. I was fiddling with my dress a little, mine nerves fooling themselves as if I was actually being set up with someone.

“He should be here any minute, I assume. I briefed him only enough for him to know that it's a win-win. He is scene with a women, you use him to make Will jealous.” Emily squinted her eyes and then widened them, tugging on my hand suddenly, and pulling me forward. “Tommy!”

Emily stepped forward and engulfed him in a hug, which he returned generously. Tommy was much taller than I remembered. His hair was controlled much more than he was when he was younger. It was swept over nicely and was dressed well, very matched.

Tommy stepped towards me with a friendly smile. “Elizabeth, thank you so much for doing this for me.”

I couldn't help but smile. He was so innocent in a way, he wasn't bitter but he was so happy. Completely at ease with how he is, if didn't know him, I would have though he was as straight as a fence post. Well, straight with feminine qualities. “Don't mention it.” I grabbed his hand in mine, starting our act for the others.

He grasped my hand a little tighter, as we started walking. Emily and him talked and talked, without a pause. All Tommy and I had to do was hold hands and lovingly smile at each other every once in awhile. It was almost to easy, but I noticed how hard it might be when I saw people staring.

I didn't know any of them, but I knew Tommy did when his grip turned into a white-knuckle grasp. It clicked that these people must be questioning his sexuality. “Are you alright?” I asked him quietly.

He bent down as if to look like he was whispering in my ear. “They use to be close friends of mine, until they caught me holding hands with a boy years ago. They've treated me like dirt ever since and threatened to out me.”

I looked at him with pity and then the group staring at us as we walked by them. Without a word, I stopped Tommy almost right in front of them. I could feel their eyes judging us, so I decided to give them something to judge about.

I pulled Tommy's face down to mine and silently whispered, “Trust me.” Before connecting our lips. He got what I was doing and sweetly cupped my cheek. The kiss was short and sweet but it must have been convincing because when I looked back over towards them, they were turning away, apprehensive looks on their faces.

We continued walking, the hotel in the distance. “That was terrifying.” Tommy told both Emily and I suddenly.

“I thought it was convincing. No doubt they're telling people about it, your name should be cleared within a few weeks.” Emily reassured him and I can now understand why she wanted to help Tommy.

Tommy was just like me. Both of us are stuck in a unshakable abomination. I have no right to judge as more as he does to me.

We arrived at the hotel and Emily told us that Will should be at his house and that since Tommy can only be in town for a few days, we should go visit so Will has time to brew with jealousy.

We took a carriage over to his house and waited as I rang the doorbell. I felt anxious and very nervous that this would be horribly unconvincing to him. Helen opened the door and without skipping a beat told us that Will is out back chopping up wood since the air was suppose to be freezing soon.

Emily glanced at Tommy and I as she told Helen that she would like some tea and would meet us in awhile. I caught her drift, knowing that Will should see Tommy and I first and then have Emily come in and explain how we met.

As Tommy and I walked into the house and through the back doors, I was letting my nerves get the best of me. “I don't know if I can do this to him. It's unfair.” I stopped walking.

“Elizabeth, sometimes people just need a push. That's all you're giving him. If it makes you feel any better, I will make sure that we ease into it. Alright?” Tommy comforted me, probably knowing exactly how I was feeling at the moment.

“Alright.” I nodded and we continued down the hill towards where I had yet to spot Will. Tommy and I didn't hold hands as we approached the stable. “Will?” I called out, my voice sounded a little shaky.

I heard movement from the stables and Will walked out, trying to balance the small logs in his arms. “Eliza, I wasn't expecting you today.” But after Will dropped the logs to the ground, he dusted off his hands. He walked forward and I already saw Will taking notice to Tommy standing close to me.

“I thought it would be a nice surprise. Emily is here to but she wanted some tea, she should be out soon though.” Will smiled politely and had his eyes trained on Tommy. “Uh, this is Tommy.” I cleared my throat nervously. “He's a friend of Emily's.”

Will stepped forward and shook Tommy's hand. “Nice to meet you. You visiting?”

Tommy nodded,”Yes, I've been in town for about two days but I've known Emily and Lizzie here for quite sometime.” I then felt Tommy's hand slip into mine and I gripped it back, almost to hard. Tommy gave a quick squeeze, telling me to relax.

Will's face faltered a little but he smiled brightly,”Well you're welcome here anytime during your stay.” Will turned around and picked up a log, and yanked the ax from the trunk it was stuck in.

The conversation grew, it went from small talk to a full conversation. Will wasn't showing any signs of being jealous but I could tell that it was bothering him a little by how hard he was swinging the ax down onto the logs of wood.

I felt Emily walk up beside me, greeting Will enthusiastically. “I see you've got acquainted. I hope you don't mind the sudden visit, I just wanted a chance for Tommy to meet you.”

Will stopped chopping the wood and swung the ax into the trunk and sat down on the edge of it. “Don't worry about it, I love it when you visit.”

Emily smiled and continued,”Well I just wanted to visit especially today because Elizabeth and I are doing a double date tonight and we wanted to invite you if you can find a date.”

My mouth almost dropped open, I didn't know about this double date deal. “Emily,” I said in a wary tone,”I thought we weren't doing that double date?”

“Eliza,” she raised her eyebrows,”we're doing it tonight, I thought I told you that because you and Tommy are courting now and all.”

There it was, I knew that's what she was aiming for. Will tripped up and dropped the logs he had split. But he continued as if it never happened. “I'll see what I can do, Emily. Right now though I'm swamped with work though. I'm afraid my chances are slim to being able to go.”
“Too bad.” Emily sighed. “Will would you mind if I gave Tommy a tour of the property?”

“No, not at all.” Will answered, busing himself with piling the wood up. He turned around just in time to see Tommy lean in and kiss me. Emily and Tommy departed, knowing that they would be talking about if they saw any flairs of jealousy.

I turned to Will, his jaw was tight and he sat down once again on the trunk. “So Tommy eh?”

I chuckled,”Yes, he grew on me quickly. He's so sweet, it's hard not to like him.”

Will scoffed,”Not that hard.” He barely spoke it but I heard it.

“Is there a problem?” I asked, hoping he would say something.

“No, not at all. I'm just surprised you're courting. Last time I saw you, you were hunting for a witch, now you're courting.” He ranted quickly.

“Well I can court, can't I? It's been so long and I've just been lonely, that's all.” I shrugged.

“You have Emily and I.” He was obviously bothered by my courting. It was working, I could see some jealousy leaking through.

“Well yes, but I've been single for quite some time. I was lonely in that department specifically.” I clarified, hoping that he would just say something.

“He just doesn't seem like your type. He's too brushed and clean, to proper.” Will wrinkled his nose at proper.

“And you know my type, Will? I'm failing to see why you don't like him. He's perfectly nice, he's loyal, and he's a gentleman.” If I wasn't in love with Will and Tommy wasn't gay, I could easily actually court Tommy.

“I”m not saying-- Never-mind, it's stupid. You're happy, never-mind.” He got up and picked up a arm full of wood and walked into the stables. I thought he was going to admit it but I keep forgetting how stubborn he is.

I followed him,”No just tell me, Will. You can be honest.”

He sighed heavily and dumped the wood into an empty stable and turned around to face me. “You deserve better, Eliza. He's not bad, he's just not what you deserve.”

I nodded and looked down at my feet,”And what do I deserve, Will?”

He shifted his footing,”The best and the best one is out there for you somewhere. I'm telling you though Eliza, it's not him. ” Brushing past me, I heard Will starting to talk to talk to Emily and Tommy.

I turned around, walking up. Will was talking to Tommy and Emily looked at me for an answer. I shook my head no. She looked disappointed, just as disappointed as I felt.

I should of known better. The Will I knew would have acted jealous right off the bat, but that was because I knew his feelings for me and he knew my feelings for him. The Will that stands next to me now is more controlled, more reserved. I guess I would just have to work a little harder at this. I would work until the end of the six months undoubtedly. Will wouldn't know it, how hard I was trying to win him over without being obvious. I fear though that him seeing Tommy with him might discourage him. What if he moved on even further? No, I don't think he could more on any further.

“Lizzie?” I heard Tommy call. I looked over, snapping out of my thoughts. I walked over and didn't skip a beat grasping his hand, I needed some sort of comfort. I looked up at him questioningly. “Will just told us about his gathering he's having in about a week.”

“Gathering?” I asked slightly confused. Like a party? Will was never one for a big get together.

“Yes, it's more like a business thing. I've been asked to host a gathering for all of my business partners and just a general party. So naturally you're all invited.” Will explained, he didn't seem to thrilled about it either.

“Oh, but Tommy aren't you going to be out of town by then?” I asked, trying to seem disappointed.

“I'm sure I'm could extend my stay but I'm not sure if Will would want me there, Eliza. It's a business gathering and you two are fairly close to him, I'd feel intrusive.” Tommy seemed a little antsy about something.

I looked to Will, who looked torn. I raised my eyebrows at him when he looked at me. He heaved a sigh,”Of course Tommy. It'd be rude not invite you when you and Eliza are courting.”

“Wonderful! When is this gathering Will?” I leaned into Tommy, who put an arm around my waist.

“Next Saturday, starts at six o'clock.” He turned and walked back into the barn briefly, coming back out with some more logs.

“Expect us there.” I smiled at him but he barely turned his gaze on me. Emily cut in, talking about how much fun this will be. I could feel Will's atmosphere shifting as he just nodded a little curtly.

“Ehm, we'll see you then Will. I'm afraid I've lost track of time and I have somewhere to be.” I tugged on Tommy's hand and started walking back a little. Will gave the most unconvincing smile I'd ever seen him pull before, Tommy didn't seem to notice though. We made our way back up the hill, I was eager for an exit.

It was obvious Tommy and I were bothering Will. Hopefully at the party-gathering, Will might say something. What if he showed up with his own date though? What if he tried to make me jealous or bothered like he was? No, no he wouldn't do that.

“Eliza,” Emily started. “Do you know what next Saturday is?”

“I've hardly been keeping track of the dates, Emily.” I told her lightly. She stopped me, her face was in wonder. “What's so important about Saturday?”

“Eliza, it's the day of your birthday.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh boy, I'm so sorry for the short hiatus! I just had no idea where I wanted to go with this story and had more than a lack of inspiration to actually write something.

I'm back though! (Hopefully).. I looked through the comments and remembered that people actually like this story and it gave me a jolt to write. Honestly though, I don't how much more I can cram into this story.

Comments would be fabulouusss! Subscribers would be awesome as well! Thanks to the new subscribers and comments! Seriously made my day!

Avec l'amour

-Mel