Status: The epilogue is up and posted. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Blue Moon

***

I watched with wide eyes as the sunset color sky turned to night. I was still sitting in the same spot as I have been for about an hour, praying that Will would walk out of the woods, not distracted by what ever scent was put out for him.

The moon shined down, lighting my surroundings enough so I could see what was in front of me. I waited, prepared and ready run as soon as I caught sight of this twisted man. How did he even catch my scent? Why is he in this town, you would think Will would be able to sense another werewolf or hybrid around like he did with Collin. He connected the dots with him, why couldn't he with this man? I gripped a fistful of grass as I let my mind run a marathon, driving myself in a deep abyss of anxiety and fright. I started to see and hear things when the moon had been up long enough for a werewolf to be charging at me.

On cue, a howl split the quiet air around me. I staggered up, looking around me. I saw the edge of the woods, a pair of yellow eyes piercing right back at me, shaking me to my core. I back up as I saw the hybrid walk out into the moonlight. He was the predator and I, the prey. For the first time in my life, I was actually scared. I was shaking, I couldn't control myself instincts because they all over the place. Part of me told me to run, another part just told to stay put and don't give him the satisfaction of the hunt.

He howled again and my mind push my legs into a run, deciding for me. I ran as hard and fast as I could. I whipped my head around and saw the hybrid not even in a full run but he was gaining on me fast. I knew I didn't stand a chance but it wasn't like me not to go out without a fight. I ran and ran, I knew I truly was the mouse. He was toying with me, he was letting me gain a little distance just so he could pounce on me at any given moment. I thought the slimmest chance I had was to run into the woods, stupid yes, but it was worth a shot. I changed my direction towards the woods and broke through into the trees. Branches grabbed at me and roots sticking up from the ground were just as great an enemy right now as the hybrid. I could hear the hybrid growl coming for me.

I noticed that I was running along the path that I would take with my father as a child. I knew that if I could just keep running for a little bit longer, I would find myself in a clearing that had rocks and a twenty foot drop off into a lake that connected with the ocean. I don't know if werewolf could swim, it could be an advantage.

I payed attention to the trees and where I was, I could be there in just a few minutes. If I had to guess, he was going to keep letting me run until I tired out, until I couldn't even move as he pinned me down to devour me whole. He didn't know it but it gained a new edge for me, it gave me a chance.

I pushed through the branches in my way until I stumbled slightly into the clearing. This could be it but he must have realized that I could potentially get away when he leap in front of me. I staggered back, staring into the eyes of my killer. He stalked towards me, focused but he lifted his head suddenly. I looked around, quietly moving closer to the drop off. A howl made me freeze, it wasn't him. It had to be Will, please let it be Will. I knew he would be mindless but maybe his first instinct was to attack another werewolf.

I saw him, by the large tree that sat in the middle of the clearing. He was only some feet away, staring me and the hybrid down. “Will!” I yelled. I knew how this would end, it didn't end well last time. What was I thinking, of course he doesn't know who I am. The hybrid lurched forward and snapped it's teeth at me. I tripped and fell backwards, completely and utterly helpless.

A miracle happened then. Will—or the werewolf, jumped out in front of me. It was like he didn't even notice me. The hybrid tried to go around him but the werewolf just matched his step, shielding me from him. I stared amazed, how was this happening? How was Will able to protect me right now? Some part of him knew it was me, and right then it was Will and not the werewolf that possessed him.

I saw Will's claws dig into the ground, he towered over me. They were at a stand off and I didn't know what to do. The hybrid made a move and tackled Will, I gasped and ran to get out of the way. I stood on the sidelines as I saw Will bite and rip at the hybrid. The hybrid was so determined to get to me but in the end, Will was bigger than he was. The hybrid was bleeding and whining but he still fought against Will who had a little limp to him.

The hybrid made a wrong move and Will got a mouthful of his shoulder. The hybrid howled out in pain and Will dragged him to the edge of the drop off. Before he tossed him over, he did the single most primal thing I've ever seen him do as a werewolf. Will pinned him, his claws digging into his stomach. He opened his mouth wide and bit down into his throat and shook him around like a rag-doll. It was horrifying, the power that he excreted was enough to take the hybrids head clean off. The body rolled off the edge. He was dead, Will had killed him.

Will howled, asserting that he had won. I stood idle watching. I didn't know whether to be afraid or if I should be in a fearless. He did an act of protectiveness over me but now that the hybrid was gone, what was he going to do now?

A minute passed before he turned towards me, limping over. I held my breath as I felt him sniff my face, preparing for him to tear my face off. Instead to add my shock, he back away, and stared at me. I took a risk and raised a shaky hand and slowly pressed it to his cheek. He affectionately nuzzle his head against my hand, I could only exhale in awe. I never thought I would live to see the day that I could see Will in his werewolf form up close.

He turned away from me but he couldn't run off with him limp. He whimpered and just lowered down to the ground. I wanted to go and try to comfort him, to help but he was in an animal state. You leave a wounded animal be, their behavior could completely different than the minute before. I walked over to the tree and sat down, leaning against the trunk. I watched him as he tried again and again to try and get up. Eventually he gave up and just stayed down, unmoving. I don't know how long I kept my eye on him but in the next moment, I some how found the way to find sleep.
_______________________________________________________________________

I woke to a warm breeze, it was daylight. My head hurt and my legs were sore from the running. I rose up from the ground and stretched, groaning as my joints cracked. I was slightly confused by last nights events came rushing back and I searched around for Will. He wasn't where he was before and he wasn't in the clearing. He was gone.

I saw the hybrids head still laying on the edge of the drop off but it was turned back to human form. My stomach lurched a little at the sight. I'm sure Will had managed to get up sometime in the night and wonder somewhere else, so I decided it was okay to make my way back. I took my time, letting the fresh air surround me. In the process of walking, I looked at my arms and saw some scratches from the branches last night. There were probably some on my face as well but it was amazing that I wasn't dead right now.

The walk took about fifteen minutes until I reached the field. I remembered Helen last night, the poor women. I can't imagine how Will is going to feel if he finds her first. I couldn't just go back to my hotel room and clean up, I had to go back to Will's. I looked down at my feet, my shoes were caked with dead grass and mud, my feet were aching.

“Eliza?” I heard Will's voice call. I snapped my head up and saw him walking towards me with a confused gaze. I hurried towards him.

“Will.” I breathed a sigh of relief but I look closer and saw him limping a little still. “Are you alright? How badly are you hurt?”

He ignored my questions and turned my face to the side. “What happened to you? There are scratches all over you arms.” I knew he wouldn't remember last night.

“You don't remember.” I told him, deciding how to tell him what happened.

“No. The first thing I saw this morning was a dead man's head laying a few feet away from me and you sleeping. I went to change and come back for you.”

“I don't know where to begin.” I realized that it wasn't safe for me to tell him that I knew Ben, it would be revealing my past that he was involved with and that would be a deal breaker. “I came over to help you with your transformation like I always do but you weren't there. I went into the kitchen and Helen—poor Helen—“

“What happened to Helen?” Will asked a little alarmed. He didn't know.

“I came into the kitchen and she was...stabbed. There was nothing I could do before she collapsed dead in front of me and the lunatic hybrid attacked me. He dragged me out to the field and made me wait until the full moon until he was going to hunt me down.” I told him carefully, it was a lot to take in.

“I—I,” Will paused,”Helen is dead in my kitchen right now?” I nodded. “How did I not smell the blood when I was outside the house. I should of never followed your scent.” He looked so guilty but he just said he followed my scent last night.

“Followed my scent?” I asked confused.

“Your scent was all over the place last night, I followed it because it led into the woods, and I mean deep into the woods. Before I could figure out that it was trap, I was already transforming.”

“The hybrid told me that he had you following a scent, it would keep you distracted. It would buy him enough time to hunt me down and kill me, no one would come for me.”

“What happened? How are you alive?” He was curious, I guess the option was to just be honest with him.

“Well I went into the clearing, prepared to be killed and then you showed up.”

“I showed up? I was a werewolf by then.” He muttered bewildered.

“I thought you were going to attack me along with the hybrid but you protected me.” I thought back to the moment.

“That's not possible, I'm a mindless beast by then. It wouldn't matter if I was hunting down your scent, trying to find you one minute and being a werewolf the next.”

“It happened though, you jumped in front of me. You were so primal but you knew what you were doing. I know you don't remember any of it but I have to thank you. Without you there last night, I would have been dead by now.” I told him sincerely.

Will just looked like he was beating himself up on the inside, a complete internal war going on playing out all over his face. “Will? It's not your fault about Helen, or any of this. Don't blame yourself.”

He frustratedly shook his head. “How can I not? I should of known that another hybrid was around, I should have been paying more attention.”

“There was nothing you could do, you did the best you could in the end.”

“And look where that got me. You were on the verge of being murdered, Helen was murdered. I can't help but feel like it was my fault.” The only thing that is still constant with this Will and the Will I knew, he took things to heart much more than he needed too.

“But I wasn't murdered! You saved me, you must have known something when you were turned and that's progress.” I smiled encouragingly to him.

His face was still set in stone. “The thought of you getting kill on my watch makes me sick. I couldn't live with it.”

This confession seemed true to how Will was when I first realized I loved him, he still hasn't lost his loyalty either. “I'm fine, just a few scratches and the hell scared out of me. I'm just a magnet for homicidal supernaturals I suppose.” I lightly attempted to make him just smile a little.

“It's not funny.” Will told me so seriously. He was taking this much to hard than he needed to be.

I let out a slow breath and walk forward to hug him. “I'm sorry about Helen, I know she was important to you.” It took him a minute to hug me back but once he did, it felt like he was never going to let go. I didn't mind though, I'd stand here the rest of the day if I had to.

“She was the closest thing I had to family, even if she work much to professionally. Now that she's gone, I'm all by myself.” Will admitting this made him vulnerable, no one likes feeling vulnerable.

“Well,” I released him so I could look at him,”never forget that you have Emily, Collin and I. We'll always be there for you.”

“And I will always remember that.” He smiled weakly to my reminder.

This would be the moment to do something. I could kiss him, I could tell him I loved him. I opened my mouth but clamped it shut when I realized that he's not in the emotional state to hear this.

“What were you going to say?” Will asked when he saw me backtrack.

“Oh nothing, just that at least we don't have to worry about another hybrid anymore. With the exception of Collin of course.” I recovered easily. I would tell him some other time. Right now all Will needed me to be was his friend and that's what I would be. Just his friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey ya'll thought I'd surprise every with an update! I've reached over 50 subs which is awesome!

Tell me what you think, drop a comment! You might as well subscribe while your here too...Just a suggestion :)

P.S. Thanks to the new comments and subscribers, you know who you are!

Avec l'amour

-Mel