Status: The epilogue is up and posted. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Blue Moon

Weeks

I've been thinking a lot lately. I don't know what Madame Gould was thinking, sending us into the future with a Will who didn't know me. Right about now the supernatural realm was sounding good. It wasn't as if I was going to hell if I don't get Will to say he loves me, I just get to see my mother again. I get to be with people who were like me, who got the short end of the stick. I tried didn't I? I thought it would have been easier, it was the first time around. This time around, he either really just doesn't love me or he's just being stubborn. There's no way he can't love me, he's my soul-mate after all.

When I got back from my visit with him that day, Emily kept bugging about how I was feeling. She knows now of course and of course the pity of every was showered all over me. Now I'm just huddled up in my bedroom, thinking and avoiding sympathetic stares. I don't need any of it, I'm fine. I did what I could and I failed. All that's left now is to prepare myself to leave this world and go to another. I wasn't this negative in the beginning, I half expect Will to run over and apologize. He never did and it's been three in a half weeks since I last talked or seen him. Long time right? I can't believe he went this long. Part of me wants to just go over there and tear him a new one but the logical part of me is telling me to let him be.

So I will let him be.

“Rise and shine!” Emily and Lucy busted into my room. It was nearly ten in the morning but I've been up much longer than they probably think.

“I've risen.” I smiled weakly. I sat up in my bed and made room for them to sit down.

“Today you are getting out of the house and we're going to do what ever you want today. Anything at all since we didn't really celebrate your birthday.”

I was taken aback by it. “You're right, we just kind of let my birthday go.”

“And it's a horrible thing. So get up! Get dressed!” She tossed the covers off of me and the chilled are replaced the warm cocoon I had made under the sheets.

“I'm afraid I'll have to be absent. I have wedding planning to do today and I need to do some visiting.” Lucy apologized.

“Go while you can, Emily's idea of fun day is running around town and trying everything and anything on that's up to buy.” I teased, trying to seem normal.

“Oh hush! You secretly enjoy shopping just as much as I do.”

“No, no I really don't.” I laughed a little. It was genuine but it was enough for Emily and Lucy to relax their expressions.

Lucy got up off the bed and straightened her dress out a little. “You two have fun, I'll see you soon.”

I got up right after her and hugged her. “Thank you for being so supportive.”

“Don't mention it, Eliza. You're a close friend, I wouldn't do anything else but support you.” She released me and gave a small wave before leaving.

“Alright!” Clapped Emily. “What shall you wear today..”
“You don't have to do this Emily, I'm fine staying in today.” I assured. I really didn't want to go out today.

“You have to though. You need to be around people and fresh air, you're being such a recluse.” She tossed a few dresses at me.

“I've been out riding, it's not like I've been living in my bed this whole time.” I muttered.

“Eliza, I know you're hurting. Collin has been over to talk to him but he basically shut him out before he could get to the point. I'm not even going to attempt. He'll come around, you'll see.”

I could see it all over her face that this is her way of comforting not just me but her. Will is her friend too and it would be tough watching someone you care about being so dense and stubborn. “Alright, what am I wearing today?”

Lucy's POV

I walked up to the front door and let myself in, it was an act I was so use to doing. Will hasn't hire any new help since the death of Helen, he has it in his head that he doesn't need it. I knew exactly where he would be on a Sunday, he's working.

“Knock, knock.” I leaned against the door frame that led into Will's study.

He looked up from the papers that buried into more stacks around him. “Lucy, what do I owe this visit?”

I crossed the room and sat in one of the chairs in the room, knowing this might take awhile. “I just came to talk, if you have time.”

He pushed back from the desk and leaned back in the chair he was sitting in. “Of course, I was looking for an excuse to take a break anyways.”

“Before I start, you're not going to like where this conversation is headed.” I warned.

“Alright?” He shrugged.

“It's been quite a long time since you've talked to her.”

He face fell and he turned back to his work. “I don't want to talk about this, Lucy.”

I got up and walked to his desk. “You don't have a choice.”

He looked up and looked like he was going to laugh. “You can't make me talk if I don't want to talk Lucy.”

My face remained serious. “Will you are so out of touch.”

“Out of touch? ” He asked, still not interested in anything that I was saying.

“You have no idea the affect that this had on her, what you said to her. In her mind, she thinks that you want nothing to do with her. She's waited for a month Will and she's done waiting.”

He stayed quiet and stopped writing, staring holes into the papers around him. “Why would she think that? Someone could have told me sooner that she felt that way.”

I scoffed, “And you would have listened?”

“No, of course not.” He stubbornly replied.

“You were never this insufferable when we were together, never this hard headed. Tell me Will, how did you get so proud? Was it when you slammed the door in her face or was it when you ignored her for weeks afterward?” I placed my hands on my hips.

“I'm not proud, Lucy.” He shot back quickly.

“Then what are you Will? Is it your pride then? Dignity? You better have a good one because people getting to actually be with their soul-mates are once in a blue moon.”

“Soul-mate?” He questioned. The word seemed to turn him off extremely.

“You don't see it do you? You are so blind.” I questioned lightly. He just stared silently. “She's your match, Will.”

“She can't be.” He shook his head but I could see this tough guy facade was fading finally.

“How could she not be? If you didn't care about her Will, you would put up such a defensive fight to convince me that she means nothing to you. No one else is around, you can tell me how you feel about her.”

“Wouldn't that be awkward though? Admitting my feelings to my ex?”

“You can't get your way out of this one. I know Collin tried to talk to you and Emily doesn't have the energy right now to put up with your stubborn ass.”

“Lucy I--”

“Just say it Will, please. I'm not leaving until you say it.” I sat down in a chair.

“That's a little overboard don't you think?”

“Just as overboard as you ignoring her for a month. I think it's pretty fair.” I retorted. I sat there and stared him down. Eventually he had the nerve to just go back to his work and act like I wasn't there. I could see him messing up what he was writing and he couldn't concentrate.

“You're wasting your time.” He muttered.

“I have a free day so I'm not really. It seems though that you can't concentrate. Is something on your mind? Something you want to get out and say?”

“I don't have anything to say.” He answered flatly.

“What if I told you that she's going out of town?” I lied.

“Good, she could use a get away.”
“No, out of town for good.” I lied some more.

“As if she's moving out of the house that she restored for months? That makes no sense.”

“It does when the man you love treats you like you just dropped off the face of the Earth.” What more can I do or say to make him admit it?

“When is she moving then?” He clasped his hand, I could tell he wasn't believing a word of what I was saying.

“One week. Emily is staying here with Collin but Eliza I'm afraid is looking for better opportunity and perhaps might go and stay with what's his name...Oh yes! Tommy, she'll go stay with Tommy.” I watched his eyes narrow slightly. “You remember Tommy? She faked a relationship with him but there was something there, she was just already in love with you. Unfortunately though, since you refuse to admit any feelings towards her besides jealousy, she'll probably settle for Tommy.” I smirked.

“You're lying.” He clenched his fists.

“Am I?” I taunted.

“She wouldn't settle for Tommy, he's not right for her. I've already told her this.”

“And who would be right for her then? You?” I asked smiling that I am finally getting somewhere with this.

“I didn't say that.” I defended. His breathing was quicker and he was escalating into an emotional mess.

“You inferred it though.” He was absolutely steaming with jealousy or just at the thought of her moving away to be with him. “Careful Will, your feelings are showing.”

That caught his attention and he relaxed and rested his head into his hands. I got him right where I wanted him and even if he doesn't believe me, it would eat him alive if I left him alone.

“Well since you just won't give in, I'll just send your best wishes to her.” I turned and started out towards the study's door.

“Fine.” I heard him saw behind me, muffled.

I turned. “Fine, what?”

“Fine. I give in, I was never mad at her really. I was mad at myself.” He sighed heavily, his hand running almost obsessively through his hair.

“Mad yourself? Why?” I asked interested.

“What I am of course changes everything about me. It rules one night a month but somehow finds a way to completely ruin my life at the same time. I can't trust myself, that's the problem. It's not that I don't trust her, I just don't trust myself.” He admitted.

“She doesn't care Will. She risks her life every full moon for you, she's went witch hunting for you. All that research was all because she loves you. Just accept it and be happy.” I consoled.

“I don't know if I can.”

“Will, just think about it for a moment. Imagine your life without her, that you never met her. Imagine who you would want by your side as you battle this curse. Who's there?”

“Her.” He said quietly. “A life without her is no life at all.”

“Then go tell her that.” I smiled in relief. “If you need some reassurance, I'll be at her house.”

He nodded and looked deep in thought. Before I left I turned around, “Any by the way,” he looked up to meet my gaze, “I was lying. Do you really think she would settle for Tommy when she's in love with you?”

“It was the thought of her settling with him, that's what got me.”

“I was hoping you would say that.” I turned back around, satisfied with my handy work. It was all up to him now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I got bored and I just started writing and now here I am. I know what you might be thinking.."Holy hell that's a huge chunk of missing time." Honestly, I want to get the thing on the road. So basically nothing has changed in that time, it's only a few weeks. I know how some people get all fussy over missing chunks of time randomly. But you should be happy though, that monstrous stick shoved up Will's ass is finally out and he can breath easier now that he's not being stubborn anymore. You're welcome.

Drop a Comment! Subscriber as well!

BTW: I'll be gone for two weeks and shit like I said, I leave really early tomorrow morning so I won't be updating until I get back recover the trauma of seeing some many different types of bugs or getting mauled by a bear.

Avec l'amour

-Mel