Status: The epilogue is up and posted. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Blue Moon

Returning Home

I woke in the early morning feeling warmer than usual. I felt something draped over my waist and I looked down. My eyes widened at the sight of Wills arm on my but my own arm on top of his. My stomach did knots as I stared at out arms and hands together. Why did I even care? It's not like I don't like him, I mean that in a totally non-liking him more than a friend way...I think.

I was thankful nobody was up yet until I felt Will shift next to me. I automatically snapped my eyes shut and attempted to look asleep. I heard him wake slightly before, I'm guessing, he realized what I just did. I heard him do a sharp intake of breathe as he muttered words like I did to myself. I felt him slowly slide his arm from under mine in a attempt not to wake me. I felt the colder air hit my side as he took his arm away. I shifted to make it seem like it didn't wake me up but I wasn't dead asleep. I felt him stay still for a little bit. I felt like he was staring at me before he got up out of bed and walked over to the door and silently exited the room. I let out a sigh of relief and opened my eyes and sat up. That would have made for a very awkward situation if I didn't act like I was asleep.

I walked over to where Emily was sleeping and shook her arm a bit to wake her up.

She opened her eyes and sat up,” I'm up,” she said rubbing her eyes.

I smiled and walked over to my suitcase and pulled out a dress for today.

“Emily can you help?” I asked.

“Yes,” she said getting up and locking the room door in case Will came back.

“So how did you sleep?” she asked with a certain tone to her voice.

“Fine I guess...why do you ask?” I asked suspiciously.

“Oh nothing you just looked pretty cozy last night that's all,” she said with a smile in her voice.

The blood rushed to my face as I winced at the awkwardness to the whole situation,”You wouldn't be talking about the thing right?” I asked hoping maybe she was saying I generally looked cozy last night.

“Oh the thing, the thing with Will's arm over you and your arm over his? Yes, I believe that's the thing,” she said laughing a bit.

“Oh god!” I said covering my face in harsh embarrassment.

”Oh come on it isn't that horrible,” she said.

“No, but he thinks I don't know about it but I do,” I said.

“I woke in the middle of the night and I saw you a Will all cozy and such. I thought you two looked adorable,” she said gushing.

“Please the thought of me and will together gives me the chill, and not the good kind,” I said.

“You know there's a fine line between love and hate,” she said.

I was about to retort but she got me. “Your right there is but in some situations there is only hate,” I said.

“Your only person your fooling is yourself Elizabeth. It's okay to like someone every once in a while,” she said.

“Yes, but I don't have time for my feelings to get in the way. This just isn't the time, so I'll just do what I usually do when I come to like some one, I'll ignore it,” I said a matter of factly.

“That is easier said then done my dear,” said Emily giving me a stern look.

“Emily even if I did like him, what would I do? I couldn't do anything! My mother would never approve, she wants me to marry into a wealthy family,” I said. Then an idea clicked. “But why can't she?” I started.

Emily gave me a confused look. “Why can't she find someone to marry? Why is all the pressure on me?” I asked.

“You know...I have no idea,” she said realizing the same thing I was.

“I'll talk to mother about it when I get home,” I said.

“Are you sure that's the best idea though?” she asked tying the strings of my corset together.

I sighed,”Probably not but it's worth a shot,” I said pulling my light gray dress up. Emily finished buttoning the back of the dress and started to change her clothes herself. “Do you need any help here?” I asked her.

“No I'll be fine, you could go check out though,” she said.

“Okay I'll be right back then,” I said walking over to the door and unlocking it. I opened the door and twisted the lock again to give her some privacy. I stepped out into the hallway and started toward the stairs. I walked down them taking my time. I hummed no particular song to myself as I reached the front desk. “Hello I need to check out,” I said to the man.

“Name,” he said monotonously.

“It should be under Elizabeth-,” I started but he interrupted me.

“Your already checked out ma'am,” he said.

“Oh ok thank you,” I said confused and walked out the doors to find Will. I didn't see him around but decided to stand and wait, seeing that going back inside would be pointless since I would just have to come right back out.

“Excuse me miss would you like to buy a watch?” asked a crackled voice. I looked over and almost jumped back from the little personal space the homeless man left me.

“Um, no thank you,” I managed to squeak out.

“Oh come on miss! It's the finest of the finest! Brand new!” he said opening his coat to reveal a collection of watches hanging from it.

“No thank you,” I said in a more steady voice.

He looked at me annoyed,”I think you outta buy one miss,” he said grabbing my arm. He looked at me with a edge, revealing that what he said was more like a warning than suggestion. I couldn't stutter a word out as I he tightened his grip.

“I don't think she's interested,” said Will's voice from behind me.

I never felt so relieved to see him. Will looked at him with the same edge the man was with me. They stared at each other for a second longer before the homeless man grumbled and threw my arm down and walked away. I rubbed my wrist, trying to force some circulation back. We stood there silently for a minute before he started, “What the hell were you thinking?” he asked irritated.

I scoffed,” Where's the carriage?” I asked ignoring his question.

He pointed down the walk a bit, obviously annoyed with me. “I had it under control,” I muttered as I glared a bit a him and walked down to the carriage with him trailing behind me.

I got to the carriage and Will opened the door. I stepped up but suddenly felt a rougher hand under mine, a bit of a shock coming with it. I snapped my head towards Will to see him looking at me with the same expression I probably held, confusion. I stepped into the carriage as he closed the door behind me. I saw him walk away to go and get Emily's bags. The feel of his hand against my lingered as I couldn't shake the feeling I got with his hand against mine. I shook the stupid thought off as I waited for Emily.

Emily arrived minutes later as she climbed into the carriage. “I'm ready to get out of here,” she said.

I didn't answer and I got lost in the thoughts I had only a couple minutes ago. What exactly did I feel? It was a different feeling, not the shock of surprise but the shock of the unexpected. Did I like him? I pondered it. I felt a slight tap on my shoulder though,”Elizabeth,” said Emily.

I snapped out of my thoughts,”Yes? Sorry I was thinking,” I said.

She looked at me like she knew what I was thinking,”About what exactly because I've never scene someone so deep in thought,” she said.

“I think I like Will,” I said. It sounded weird coming out but it sounded right.

”I knew it!” she said accusingly. “I saw it coming I really did. I mean all the bickering you guys have and how their all that pend up sex-,” she said quickly but I interrupted.

“Don't even go there,” I said. “That's just...gross,” I said grimacing.

She snorted,”You know it's true,” she said. Emily got way out of her shell over the past two days, I've never heard her be so honest and opinionated.

“Is not...besides do you know how looked down on it is to have a sexual relationship before marriage?” I asked.

“I never said anyone had to know,” she said.

I rolled my eyes,”Absolutely not,”I said sternly.

“Might you that I said think. I don't even fully like him,” I said.

“But you feel something for him. That is what matters,” she said.

“Your right,” I said leaning my head against the door.

“I know I am,” she replied. I didn't answer, I just stared out the window and watched the trees and nature pass by. Soon I closed my eyes and fell into a slumber.

I woke to someone tapping my shoulder.”Eliza wake up,” I faintly heard Emily say.

I opened my eyes slowly and saw her staring at me.

“Come on your home,” she said. I sat up and straightened my hair and dress out. Emily opened the door and stepped out with Wills help. I was right behind her but I didn't feel quite right. I stepped out with my knees feeling weak. They gave out but I steadied myself before anyone could notice and kept my face straight. I walked up the stairs to my house slowly and opened the door.

As soon as I entered my mother ran up to me and engulfed me in a bone crushing hug,”Oh my darling Rose! How was the trip?” she asked like I took a vacation.

“I cannot believe you hid this from me!” I seethed.

She looked at me taken aback by my tone,”No Elizabeth I did this to protect you,” she said defending herself.

“No mother you did it because you were scared. Do you know how much stress is put on my shoulders right now? No you don't. I learned that no masquerade party is going to help me find my love because the truth is my love is cursed and I can never be with him. So I hope your satisfied with making the stupidest, most idiotic deal you could have thought of.” I said whipping past her and up the stairs, leaving her speechless. I walked into my room and shut the door behind me and sat on the chair in the corner of my room. Why couldn't I have just had a normal life? I would rather not even learn about this whole fiasco but I knew it was for the best, even if I didn't like it.

A knock came on my door and startled me a bit. “Come in,” I said staying sitting.

The door opened to reveal Will with my bags. I got up immediately to help him.

“Oh gosh I'm sorry,” I said reaching for a bag but stopping. I didn't want Will to see that I was already going weak. He brought in my bags with ease and set them at the end of my bed.

“It's okay I know your already a tad weak, am I right?” he said.

I almost gawked at him but I didn't want him to find out. “I don't know what your talking about. I'm perfectly fine,” I said.

He crossed his arms,”Okay then lift that bag. I know you can lift it because you moved around the hotel room,” he said glancing at the bag.

I gulped a bit knowing I was either going to completely make a fool of myself or my will power will make up for the weakness. I walked over with my head held high and gripped the handle on the bag. I pulled it up and not even half a second later my knees almost gave again. I set it down and Will steadied me,”Is your pride that big to the extent that you'll risk injuring yourself?” he asked disapprovingly.

“No it's just I don't want anyone to know I'm already falling weak. I don't want my mother to know because she'll throw a fit and would constantly fret over it. Just please don't tell anyone,”I said pleadingly.

“Wouldn't dream of it,” he said slightly sarcastically turning and walking out of my room. I sighed and sat back down in my chair. I needed to find this guy soon or I was in trouble.

I woke the next morning with a cold sweat racking my body. The sun was barely breaking the horizon as my eyes were trained at the window. I didn't feel right, actually I felt wrong. I didn't feel like myself at all. Still laying down, I swung my feet around the edge of bed to get up since I no longer felt the least bit tired. I expected to be able stand but instead I fell the floor. I forgot about the lovely side effect of the “deal”. I took a deep breath and reached up to get a grip on my nightstand. I started to stand my legs that acted as if they were filled with sand. I stood up uneasily. I let go of the nightstand hesitantly expecting to fall right back down but to my satisfaction, I stayed standing.

I looked at my closet a few feet away and started to walk towards it but soon became a wobbly walk. I breathed out in frustration and started to take slower smaller steps. I finally reached my closet and stepped in. I picked up my everyday dress and took my nightgown off. I unsteadily stepped into the dress and buttoned it up the side. I stepped out of my closed and slowly walked over to my vanity. I braided my hair to the side since I wasn't going anywhere today. I looked paler, weaker than I actually was. I applied some powder to hide the paleness of my face a bit.

I got up carefully and started towards the stairs. I stepped down the first step and stumbled a bit. I grabbed the railing in a death grip. It probably took me five minutes to walk down the stair case. I sighed in relief and in weakness, it felt as if I'm getting over a sickness and am weak. I looked out to the morning glow rise onto the ground. Maybe if I walk more I'll get use to the weakness. I went over to the coat hanger and grabbed my wrap and quietly headed out the door.

I was greeted by the crisp morning air and slowly started my walk. I walked down the gravel road to the forest on the edge on my property. It seemed like the farther I walked, the easier it got. I soon was walking normally and was halfway through the small trail I walked on in the forest. It was quiet, I could almost hear my own heartbeat. It was peaceful and quiet, I should probably do this every morning.

I walked and walked deeper into the forest, never feeling lost. I would walk in here as a little girl. I remember my father would tell me certain points in the forest to remember to make sure I didn't get lost. I came to a small stream that was one of the points. I sat down on a small boulder by it and felt slightly out of breath. I sat there taking in my surroundings. The sunlight now pierced the forest floor by the rays cutting in between the trees. I started to think about this whole deal. She said I was closer than I thought, so I probably see him often, if not know him. But if I knew him wouldn't the deal be over? Maybe I actually have to feel the love instead of seeing it.

I was startled from my thoughts when a man's yell rang through the forest. It was so loud in fact that birds in the trees flocked away in fear. I almost fell off the boulder. I listened for the man's yell again. What seemed like minutes later I heard it again but a little closer.

I silently got up from the boulder and looked around me,”Hello?” I called.

There was no sound, not even a bird chirp. I felt uneasy,”Hello anyone out here?” I called again.

I heard a rustle of leaves from my left. I turned quickly to my left and looked around frantically. I heard the noise from behind me a second later. I turned and saw nothing. It's has to be my head. I shook my head confused and turned back around to come face to face with a women. Her mouth was covered with blood, as was her clothes she wore. I started to scream but she in a flash grabbed my throat cutting my airway off.

“Hello Elizabeth,” she said smoothly. I tried to pry her hands off but it was no use, she was too strong. How did she know my name?

“I don't believe I've scene you since your father killed my sister,” she said sharply.

I backed into a tree and struggled to get some air. I thought about her, she looked fairly familiar. Then it clicked, she was Lila's older sister, Samantha.

“Ah it looks like you remember me,” she hissed releasing my neck.

I fell to the ground gasping for air. “Pathetic human,” she said kicking my ribs. I grabbed them in pain.

“Your father killed my sister. My poor little sister wasn't even twenty years into her vampire life. She had no control. Just like your father was killed, you are next. I will avenge my sister,” she hissed in my ear.

I whimpered a bit. “Don't think I know about your little deal, which is more like a curse I must say. I decided it would be easier to kill you because you aren't even suppose to be here in the first place,” she said circling me like a predator on a prey.

I slowly got up, all the strength I built up was gone. I leaned against the tree trunk. “I see your already getting weak,” she said coming closer. “Excellent, this will be easy then,” she said. Her eyes turned pitch black, as her teeth turned to fangs, all of them protruding from her mouth. I looked away in fright.

“No, no look into my eyes,” she said turning my head forcefully back to look at her in the eyes. “You are a sorry excuse for a miracle. My sister was the miracle worth living off of but she's dead all because of you drunk father,” she said in my face.

I flinched away from the closeness. My blood pumped thickly through my veins, which didn't help the situation I was currently in. “Goodbye Elizabeth,” she said violently biting into my neck.

I screamed in agony. I could feel the blood running into her mouth. I tried to push her off but failed. A low growl came from behind her. She stopped suddenly and turned. I looked around her and was speechless. It was Will. Will of all people, here in the middle of the woods. He wasn't here on accident.

“You! I just finished you off! How are you still alive!” she yelled at him.

She ran towards him in a blur but he slammed her hard into a tree as if she was only walking towards him the entire time. He didn't look human, he looked feral. His eyes were a bright ghostly yellow, the veins in his neck standing out. She struggled against him but he threw her to the ground and held her down with his foot. “Goodbye Samantha,” he said in a grave, dark voice. His other foot slammed down onto her trachea and I heard the sicken crunch off her vertebrate breaking from the force. Her eyes went dead as she laid motionless.

I stood there shocked. I felt the blood running down my neck, soaking my dress. I clasped to the ground shaking. Will suddenly looked up and his eyes returned to the normal blue color they are. He ran over to me and bent down to meet me at eye level but I scooted away in fright.

“Elizabeth,” he said.

“No! Get away from me! Yo-your a monster!” I shouted at him.

“You knew I was cursed,” he said reaching out for me. “No tell me what you are!” I said still scared. He looked at me warily. “I'm a were-werewolf,” he said.

I widened my eyes. No. No. No. “A what?” I whispered forcefully.

“A werewolf,” he said.

Black spots started to cover my sight as I tried to sit upright. I started to hyperventilate from the pain and weakness. I felt back to the ground, Wills concerned face staring at my own before I blacked out.

I woke to many voices around me.

I heard a frantic one, a calm one, a concerned one, and an annoyed one. My eyes felt as if they weight a ton. I struggled to open them but it was no use, they wanted to stay shut.

Then a dull, but equally hellish pain broke through my thoughts. The pain was coming from my neck and ribcage area. It all came back to me then. Samantha came back to kill me then Will saved me.

Wait, Will..Will was a werewolf.

My eyes shot open at that point as I was still shocked that he was the werewolf I saw outside my window that one night, or were there others like him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited.

Comment? Subscribe?

Avec l'amour

-Mel♥