Status: The epilogue is up and posted. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Blue Moon

The Shocked Truth

Elizabeth! Oh my beautiful, sweet, Elizabeth!” cried my mother engulfing me in a hug.

I gasped inwardly in pain. “Oh dear I'm sorry!” she said frantically and started fretting with my face.

“Mother please I'm fine,” I said annoyed at her actions.

“You are most certainly not fine! You got attacked by a vampire! Bitten even! When the town gets word of this, everyone will go into a frenzy!” she said waving her arms everywhere.

“Mother the vampire is dead, Will killed her,” I said, it sound as though I was reminding myself that Will did in fact kill her.

“Is this true Will?” she said turning to him. I didn't even notice him in the room. He rose from the chair he was sitting in a walked closer.

”Yes, I did kill her,” he said.

“How though? It's been deemed impossible for a normal human to kill a vampire,” she said in disbelief.

“I got...lucky. Yes, lucky I'm assuming. I just reacted at the right time,” he said, but I knew he was making up the story on the spot. I almost scoffed at him.

“Well Will, I could like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for saving Elizabeth,” she said getting up and giving him a thankful hug.

We made eye contact and I shook my head. I was mad, why didn't he tell me? I needed to get away from him to think. I got up painfully and exhaled from the energy that I didn't not have.

“Elizabeth! No, you'll hurt yourself dear!” said Lucia running over to push me back down.

“I need some fresh air,” I said sternly.

“Dear it's three in the morning,” she said.

“It's not time for fresh air,” she said.

“No, Lucia let her go out on the porch, Will will go with her,” my mother said.

I looked at her confused. She would't ever let me out in my condition, especially this late. She was up to something.

“Yes I wouldn’t mind accompanying her,” said Will looking at me.

I knew he wanted to talk. “Well then Lucia and you will help Elizabeth up then,” said my mother looking at Will.

“No I can get up myself mother,” I said swinging my legs over the cot I was on.

“Elizabeth don't be a fool now, you'll injure yourself,” said my mother in a strict tone.

I ignored her and slowly tried rising up on my own. The pain from my ribs ravaged through my body as I grabbed them in pain and started to fall back down on the bed. I felt a pair a arms held me up though.

I looked over and saw Will. I almost pushed him off me, but lacked the strength even to stand.

“I got you,” he said to me.

I rose to my full height and waited a moment. I stepped forward and wobbled a bit. I felt like a baby learning to walk. Why couldn't I walk normal? Oh yeah, it was the stupid deal, which I will now say is a curse because a deal is only a cover name for it.

I stepped forward again, with Will holding most my body up, over to my french styled doors to the balcony.

“Sweetheart I'm going to go prepare some tea for you,” said my mother from behind me. I waved my hand weakly to her, signaling okay.

“Lucia help me please,” said my mother hushed but I could still hear her. She was definitely up to something.

Will got my french doors open and helped my sit in one of the chairs outside. He was about to sit before I spoke,”Shut the door Will,” I said as a command and not a question.

He went over and shut it and sat down in the chair across from me. The air was cool and crisp but it was refreshing at the same time. We sat in silence for a minute or two before he finally spoke up.

“I wanted to tell you,” he said quietly. I didn't answer and he sighed in frustration.

“Elizabeth can you say something?” he asked annoyed.

“What do you want me to say Will? That I'm not irked by it at all? I mean I know how unstable werewolf's can be, I've heard plenty of stories,” I said harshly.

“Your basing me off stories?” he asked loudly.

“No just any stories, my father's stories! He knew first hand what went on,” I said defending myself.

“I don't see why your so mad though! I didn't judge you with your curse. So what right do you have to judge mine?” he asked angered.

“I'm not judging you Will. I'm just upset you didn't tell me when we were discussing it. I mean that's not little curse! That's a huge burden that you have to live with on your own,” I said. I just realized something at that point to. Will was a werewolf. Was he the werewolf that Madame Gould was talking about?

“You don't think I know that? You don't think that I don't go by everyday contemplating just killing myself off before I hurt someone? Before people find out and kill me? My life is hell Elizabeth and it really does kill me that you of all people are mad at me about it,” he said now standing.

“I thought you of all people were strong enough not to kill themselves,” I said not looking at him.

“Please anyone who would know what I am would be repulsed by me. Especially you, I mean you don't care about me Elizabeth,” he said sitting back down but this time on the balcony floor against the railing.

“Don't say that,” I said quietly. Maybe I should tell him what my love is cursed with.

“Why?” he asked annoyed.

“I never told you what my love was cursed with,” I said.

He looked at me confused without saying anything. I took a deep breath and continued,”When I visited Madame Gould she told me my love was cursed. She told me he was handsome and brave, but cursed. She then told me that he was a werewolf. I knew then that it was the werewolf I saw outside my window one night, but I didn't know it was you. So Will don't say that I don't care because I'll probably start caring pretty soon,” I said not really looking at him.

“Your saying that I'm your love? The one that is going to keep you from dying?” he asked.

“I suppose so,” I said.

“Wouldn't the deal be broken then by now?” he asked.

“I guess seeing it and believing it, are two different things,” I said.

“Wouldn't we feel it though? True love is a immediate feeling,” he said.

“Like my friend told me, theirs a fine line between love and hate,” I said.

“But I don't love you,” he said.

I narrowed my eyes a bit,”Way to be blunt about it Will,” I said irritated.

“I'm just being honest though. But I don't hate you either,” he said.

“It's the same for me. So maybe you aren't the one,” I said.

“Maybe not,” he said staring off into the air.

“Are there any others around?” I asked.

“Others?” Will asked confused.

“Werewolf’s,” I said clarifying.

“Not that I know of. It's hard to tell who's one and who's not,” he said.

We sat there in silence for a minute or two before I spoke again. “Will why were you in the woods?” I asked.

“Oh I was trying to get rid of her before she could cause any damage to the town,” he said.

“How did you know she was even here though?” I asked.

“I saw her snooping around Mr. Donner's place a week or so back,” he said.

“Why didn't you kill her then?” I asked.

“Because the closer to the full moon it gets, the stronger I get. I wanted to wait a bit longer so it would be evenly, if not, matched between us.” he said.

“Whens the next moon?” I asked.

“It should be in three weeks,” he said.

“Does it hurt?” I asked.

“Does what hurt,” he said.

“The transformation. I can't imagine it being fun at all,” I said.

“No it's very far from fun. Every transformation my bones break to allow me to turn into the werewolf. I have to be far away from civilization to when it happens because even a few days before it all happens, my mood changes, I become stronger, and I start getting the traits of the werewolf,” he said.

“That's so much more worse than mine,” I said meaning every word of it.

He scoffed a bit,”Yeah but my doesn't end in death,” he said.

“But you have to live with it all your life now. From what I hear, death looks pretty tempting.” I said.

“It was like that at first for me but then I realized, why should I let the curse rule my life? Sometimes though it does seem like the easy way out.” he asked.

“Smart thinking. I would have given up,” I said picking at my nails.

“No your stronger than that,” he said. I looked up at him confused. “Elizabeth anyone with your problem by now would have just killed themselves but your staying strong,” he said.

“Thank you Will,” I said. We stared at each other for a couple seconds before the doors opened.

“Dear the tea is ready,” said Lucia coming over to help me up; Will got up to help as well.

They hosted me up gently as I grunted in the piercing pain. They got me over to my bed and set my pillows behind me to give me some support when sitting up. Lucia poured me a cup of tea and added the sugar to the way I liked it.

“Thank you Lucia,” I said reaching for the cup from the tray. I wrapped my fingers around the handle and realized I couldn't keep the grip on it. I tried again but failed and spilled a little. “I can't even pick up a goddamn tea cup!” I said loudly. I heard Will chuckle a bit at my reaction. I huffed in frustration and leaned back into my pillows.

“Elizabeth! That's no way to talk like a lady!” scolded my mother coming in the room.

“Well mother wouldn't you find it a least a tad frustrating that you were that weak?” I asked.

“Eliza you'll get your strength back eventually,” she said.

“No mother I won't! It'll just keep draining from me! I'll be lucky to walk!” I wailed a bit. The stress of it all was getting to me but Wills words of the curse not ruling his life rang in my head.

“Never mind let me try once again,” I said. Lucia held the cup out toward my waiting hand. I grasped the handle with one hand and the side of the cup with the other. It took a bit of the load of my one hand on the handle. The tea in the cup made my hand burn from grabbing it from the side but I ignored the urge to set it down. I put the cup up to my mouth and took a sip and slowly set it back down. I sighed in relief but my hand burned in protest. I looked at it and saw it was redder than the other hand.

“Well now we know I wouldn't have to be force fed,” I said.

“Elizabeth get some sleep dear,” said my mother exasperated for some reason.

“Alright,” I said. Lucia helped me lay back down and she blew out the candles lit in my room.

“Goodnight dear,” said my mother. “Goodnight mother,” I said. I didn't feel tired but I soon fell into a deep sleep.

It's been one week since my run in with Samantha. I was feeling better but was still weak. Lucia and mother would help me places but for the most part I could get somewhere myself. It would take forever though to go down the stairs or down hills and vice versa. Today my mother and Mr. Donner were planning my masquerade ball. I didn't see why I needed it since I could barley walk half a mile without keeling over. I knew my mother was worried, she always is about something. I mainly just sat there and looked nice and like I was happy about the ball when I wasn't at all. I sat there for hours on end, in the same spot and position. I needed to get up and walk.

“Mother is it okay if I stretch my legs a little?” I asked.

“Don't you want to plan?” asked my mother.

“Oh of course! I'm just cramping up a bit,” I said.

“Okay dear but not for long we'll need your opinion on things soon,” said my mother.

“Thank you,” I said. I got up slowly, trying to look natural about it but it still hurt to do certain things. I walked down the hallway to the library Mr. Donner had in is mansion. I peeked in to make sure nobody was here and entered. The shelves upon shelves of books he had seemed endless. I walked up to a shelve and read every title I passed. I seemed to do that for a couple minutes before a painful grunt hit my ears. I looked around me in confusion. I heard the grunt again but it seemed like it was covered or muffled even.

I soundlessly walked over to the only empty wall and pressed my ear against it. I listened for a sound; even though it seemed unlikely someone was in the wall. I heard it again from the other side of the wall. I pushed against the wall a bit but I didn't want to use to much of my energy. It didn't budge so there must be a lever or button of some sort to open it with. I pressed and pulled books and shelves around me with no luck. I stood back and looked for something that could be of source but didn't see anything I didn't try already. I was curious though to who was making the sound. They sounded hurt or that they were being hurt. I heard a painful yell that made me jump in surprise. I felt like I should go in there, that something wasn't right. Usually when I get gut feelings I follow them but this one made me sure something was wrong.

I looked frantically around me to find something. I spotted a small statue head used to hold up books and pushed on it. It didn't do a thing, so then I pulled it back. Nothing again so I tried pulling it towards me and it moved a inch. I pulled harder and I heard something open to my right. I looked over to see part of the wall opened to a door. This was very strange, why would Mr. Donner have something like this in his house? I cautiously entered as I hurt the door shut automatically behind me. I started down the spiraled stairs that I was on and felt as if I was out of place. I came to a dimly lit hallway and saw it led to a bigger area. I looked at the wall and saw chunks of it removed and claw marks littering the walls. I regretted coming down here but I heard another grunt of pain and my curiosity spiked again. I made my way to the end of the hallway and peeked around the corner and didn't see anything. I looked around the other corner and looked. I was scared I was going to see some torture or black magic of some sort but instead I saw someone in chains. I inched closer and saw a familiar head of hair and gasped covering my mouth.

“Will?” I whispered. He didn't turn around which made me concerned. “Will?” I asked louder.

His head snapped up but didn't turn. I walked up closer to him and saw he was soaked to the bone with sweat. He was breathing heavily and I saw some blood trickle down the back of his neck. It was almost as he was sweating the blood but I knew that was impossible. I put my hand out to touch his shoulder. I rested my hand on his shoulder and pulled it back. He was white hot. I rushed around in front of him and looked at him.

“Will are you okay?” I asked.

He slowly raised his head and I gasped a bit backing away. His eyes were yellow and his pupils were huge.

“Leave,” he said in a inhuman voice.

“No you need help,” I said.

“Go!” he yelled at me.

“No I won't leave! You need help Will!” I said loudly. He was about to retort but then his back arched in a weird way. I heard bones snap and break as Will howled out in pain. I breathed shakily and backed against the wall completely. I saw parts of his ribs break skin as blood ran down his body.

“Make it stop,” he cried.

“Will” I whispered scooting closer to him.

“Leave Elizabeth,” he said.

“I will not leave Will! I can't leave now,” I said stubbornly.

“It's not safe,” he said.

“Will it isn't even a full moon tonight,” I said. “I'm need to get Mr. Donner,” I said getting up and starting toward the hallway.

“He knows,” I heard him say behind me.

“What?” I asked.

“Mr. Donner knows about me. There's nothing anyone can do,” he said out of breath.

“Will I can't just leave you like this. It would kill me,” I said.

“It's not safe. I will kill you. Please leave,” he said in pain.

“No I will not,” I said walking back over.

“I won't know who you are when I turn. I won't be here, the wolf will,” he said.

“I'll take my chances then,” I said sitting down in front of him. He shook his head in disapproval. He didn't say another word as I sat there watching him. A few times I heard a snap or something or his breathe in, in pain. I don't know how long I sat down here but it felt like I've been gone for hours. I noticed that Will seemed unresponsive,”Will?” I asked. He didn't do a thing.

“Will?” I asked with concern lacing my voice. I crawled over and took his head in my hands. His eyes were closed and his head was dead weight in my hands. “Will?” I asked more frantically.

I heard him breathe unevenly and I heard a snap of something. I backed away in fear and watch in horror as the transformation started to take place. His elbow bend in the opposite direction and snapped. Bones and skin were breaking simultaneously. Suddenly Will's head snapped up and his eyes opened. I knew then that Will was not longer here, but the werewolf inside his was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited.

Comment? Subscribe?

Avec l'amour

-Mel♥