Status: The epilogue is up and posted. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Blue Moon

Truthful Lies

“Will?” I asked. He or it actually growled at me.

“You still have to be here,” I said to him. I came closer and looked him in the eyes. “I know your in there somewhere Will,” I said to him. Will wasn't a werewolf...yet I don't think. I should of probably listen to him and left but it was to late to turn back now. Will looked possessed almost. His limbs were popping and snapping in and out of place. It was like his mind could decided whether to turn or not. It wasn't a full moon for another week so maybe he wasn't able to turn. Will lurched at me suddenly and I fell back onto the ground. I screamed out in fright, still backing away from him. He swiped at me and got a hold of my arm. His grip was tight and I knew I couldn't shake my way out of it.

“Ow! Stop! Please!” I cried. I kicked around and I got him in the stomach hard enough for him to loosen his grip for me to get my arm free. I got up and tried my best to run to the hallway but I was to weak to run. I reached the hallway and slide down to the floor. I was far enough from Will so he wouldn't reach me. I got up and quickly walked over to the stairs and started to climb them one by one. I could feel my arm bruising tremendously fast. I got to the hidden door and pushed on it. It didn't budge at all. “No,no,” I said to myself. “Open,” I said like the door was going to open its self.

I pushed it again with no use. I pulled and shoved but it didn't move. I could still hear Will down there and I was afraid he would get lose because from the scratches and chunks missing from the concrete wall, he could get loose. I sat on the stair and started pushing around on the bricks, thinking maybe one of them was a button or something. I pressed one and it went down and the door opened. I mentally praised the Lord for letting me out of here.

I climbed out and dusted myself off. ”Well it seems you know Will's secret,” said Mr. Donner from behind me.

I turned startled,”Yes, and I know you know about it as well,” I said quietly.

He stood there quiet. “I'm sorry to intrude but I heard someone in pain and curiosity got the best of me,” I said to him.

“It's nothing to worry about dear,” he said reassuringly.

“I want to ask though; why is he changing now?” I asked him.

“I think it is from the emotion distress he is enduring,” he said.

“Distress? What has him that stressed out?” I asked.

“Elizabeth your a smart girl but even the smartest people can be a bit blind at times,” he said.

“I'm not following you, I'm sorry,” I said confused.

“Will I know cares a great deal for you. He is resisting it though and it's taking quite a toll on him.” he said.

“But I was talking with him and I know he can't possibly feel something for me,” I said in disbelief.

“I will tell you something that no one else knows. Will is actually my nephew.” he said.

My jaw almost hit the floor. “What?” I asked in total disbelief.

“Yes shocking isn't it? I've know about Will's curse since day one. The last town he was in got suspicious so he moved here and started working for me.” he said.

“I had no idea,” I said still shocked.

“I know Will almost better than he knows himself. I can tell he's struggling with everything happening around him but I know he wants to be with you but he won't allow himself. He's always put other people before him and now he can't do that to you,” he said.

“But...it just doesn't make sense! He's never showed any hint or subtle clue to him taking a liking to me,” I said.

“I've been positive about it since your attack. He was in ruins Elizabeth. I've never scene him so stressed out. He paced back and forth on the foyer until we got news you were going to be okay,” he said.

“He's a amazing liar,” I said.

“Has to be with his curse and all,” he said.

“Good point,” I said. I walked over and sat down, taking it all in.

“Well what do I do?” I asked.

“Just give him time, he'll eventually give in,” he said.

“But I'm not even sure myself if I like him,” I said.

“I think you'll find out over time if you do or not,” he said. We kept a silence for a couple minutes. Mr. Donner just stood there and lit his pipe and smoked it generously.

“Is he going to be okay?” I asked quietly.

“Oh yes, he'll be fine,” he said.

“I just...saw him down there. He was so...so scary. It was unreal how he looked. All the bones and the blood. The sound of that still gives me the chills. I tried to calm him but-,” I said but he finished my sentence for me,”But he left that nasty looking bruise around your arm,” he said.

“Yes,” I said.

“Even though he has a good chance of not remembering what he did, he'll figure out soon enough that he caused that bruise.” he said.

“How?” I asked.

“No ones grip breaks blood vessels and causes a bruise like that,” he said. I nodded and stood up.

“I think it's about time I got back to my mother,” I said.

“Yes, she actually sent me to look for you,” he said.

“Thank you Mr. Donner,” I said sincerely.

“Don't mention it my dear,” he said opening the hidden door and stepping in. I'm guessing he was going to check on Will. I sighed and exited the Library and headed back to the drawing room to my mother.

“Where were you dear?” asked my mother seeming a bit peeved.

“Sorry I guess I just lost track of time,” I lied.

“Your dress! It's torn! Elizabeth it's like you rolled around in thorns!” exclaimed my mother.

“I went for a walk and fell down a hill. I'm sorry mother,” I said biting my lip.

She signed,”It's alright, I didn't like the dress anyway,” said my mother waving her hand a bit.

“Well is there any more planning to be done?” I asked.

“No me and Mr. Donner took care of everything,” she said.

“Good,” I said.

“Lets go home,” she said getting up. I followed her to the door and out to the carriage already waiting for us. The ride home was quite and it looked like my mother was in deep thought. I just sat there silently waiting for her to voice what ever she was thinking because I knew sooner or later she would.

Once we arrived home I was the first in the house and was getting ready for a nap or some rest, I was drained literally. I needed some food to get my energy up so I walked into the kitchen.

“Oh sweetheart I need to talk to you about something,” she my mother from behind me.

“Yes?” I asked grabbing an apple.

“It's about Will dear. I don't want you talking to him anymore,” she said calmly.

“Why?” I asked confused.

“I don't trust him. Something is off about him,” she said.

“I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary from him,” I said turning completely around to face her.

“I don't get a good feeling from him and I don't want you near him ever again,” she said more sternly.

“I thought you were fond of him when he rescued me from the woods,” I said.

“Dear that was to good a coincidence for him to be there. He's no good,” she said.

“Well mother I think I'm old enough to talk to who I want,” I said defiantly.

“No your not,” she said. “Mother Will knows about my curse. I know I can trust him,” I said letting it slip out. I almost smacked my hand against my forehead.

“What,” she hissed at me. I swallowed a little,”It was tough visiting Madame Gould and I could trust Will. I told him and he's swore not to tell a soul I promise. He's the only one who knows about the affects of the curse also,” I said.

“How dare you! My God Elizabeth! It's not something to go telling anyone! You foolish girl!” she shouted stepping closer to me.

I stepped back in fear,”Mother is okay! I'm sorry I thought I could tell someone about MY curse!” I said defending myself.

“You have a lot to learn Eliza! I cannot believe how unbelievably dense you are! He could tell anyone! If word gets out about your deal the town will go in a frenzy!” she said icily.

“Oh please mother! As if your in the place to tell me any different! You seem okay with telling Mr. Donner about it! Your so hypocritical it's unbelievable!” I yelled back at her.

“Mr. Donner is a trusted friend of the family! You should bite your tongue for speaking about him! He's agreed to do this party for you! So you can marry a nice rich boy!” she yelled at me.

“Do my morals or dignity account for anything?! I'm not going to be throw around like some whore at the party for you to keep your reputation in this town! Father would be ashamed of you mother! Not even thinking about my health and safety but being greedy!” I yelled at her.

I felt a sting and something hard hit my right cheekbone. “Elizabeth talk like that to me again and I will not hesitate to disown you,” said my mother venomously. I held my cheek and saw she hit me with a wooden spoon sitting on the counter.

“You would go as far as to hit your own daughter. You snide witch,” I whispered hurt. I saw no remorse in her eyes. Something was terribly wrong, not one warning. I knew then that any traces of my old mother were gone, and I've lost her forever.

“Lucia!” called my mother.

“Yes ma'am?” asked Lucia coming into the kitchen. Lucia's eyes automatically went to my cheek, which was probably beet red and was probably going to bruise a little.

“Take Elizabeth out back to be whipped,” said my mother.

My eyes went wide as I turned to looked at her. “You wouldn't,” I said.

“Elizabeth my patience with you has been wore and I will not longer tolerate your horrid attitude. It seems now my only option is to whip it out of you,” she said emotionless.

“That's low even for you mother,” I said.

“Lucia take her to Richard and have him do fifteen lashes,” she said ignoring me.

“Fifteen?!” I shouted outraged.

“Ma'am I don't think-” Lucia started but my mother interrupted.

“Lucia do it or you'll be on the streets,” said my mother.

“Right away ma'am,” whispered Lucia as she ushered me to the back.

“No, no, no” I whispered. This is wrong. My mother, my own mother would never do this! It's unfathomable to think of her doing this to anyone, especially me.

“I'm so, so sorry my dear,” said Lucia in a pained voice.

We entered into the yard and saw Richard, our grounds keeper hacking wood. “Mr. Richard, Mrs. Mansfield needs you to do fifteen lashes on Ms. Elizabeth,” Lucia said.

He looked up confused at the request. Richard was nice from what I've scene, he's middle aged but was graying at the roots of his hair. He wasn't overweight in the very least, the work he did kept him in top health condition.

“Right away,” he said walking to the small shed to get the whip we used to break new horses, though it wouldn't do any real damage. I saw Richard stop and turn back to the shed muttering about the wrong whip. I shook in fear and Lucia kept a sturdy grip on my arm. He returned not even a minute later with a tipped whip that had sharpened rocks tied into it. He took my arm and dragged me back around the shed, in a blind spot. I breathed heavily and could already feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

“Please Mr. Richards I do not have the strength to endure this,” I pleaded.

“I'm sorry Miss but it's your mother's orders,” he said apologetic. “Now please bear your back,” he said ordered.

I felt Lucia come up from behind me and unbutton the back of my dress and untied my corset string. I felt the cool air hit my now open back and reality of it all had tears sting my eyes and I awaited the whip to lash my back. I heard him do a test whip and the crack of the air splitting almost made me fall to the ground.

“Okay Miss lean against the fence please,” he said. I did as I told and Lucia came up next to me grabbed my hand. I looked over at her with fear written plain as day across my face.

“God and me will be with you Elizabeth,” said Lucia.

I nodded and bowed my head. I felt the whip slice through my skin with ease as the first lash bared down on my back. I screamed bloody murder in pain. I felt it hit again and I screamed in agony. Lucia tried soothing me a bit but nothing could calm me down. I felt the third hit over the middle of my back and on my spine. I screamed so hard and loud I felt blood vessels break in my eyes. I gripped the wooden fence so hard I thought my skin might split.

I felt the fourth, then the fifth, everyone being more painful than the one before. I screamed and screamed. Tears soaked my face and ran down my neck. Sweat was building up on the back of my neck and forehead. I felt the sixth one hit over another lash making the cut even deeper. I thought I was going to faint from the pain, my support against the fence slacked a bit. The seventh and eighth hit. My nerves screamed in protest as he whipped me for the ninth then tenth time. I felt the blood drip down my back, the stickily warm feeling of it almost made me cringe.

He lashed me again and again. I screamed louder and louder with every hit. He had two more to do and I felt my ears ring from the sound of my screaming. I felt the fourteenth lash hit my back with such force I almost felt the skin tearing in a jagged line. I awaited the final lash and it seemed to take longer than the others. I felt it hit my back and slice sharply into other lashes. I barely stood once he was finished.

“All done Miss,” he said simply and walked away.

I clasped to the ground and cried harder.

“Elizabeth!” said Lucia trying to support me back up.

“Come on dear I'm taking you to my quarters,” she said pulling me up.

I stood shakily and pain coursed through my body at immense speed.

“I don't think I can walk,” I said raspy.

“You must Elizabeth, we need to cover the wounds,” she said.

I stepped forward and stumbled forward a bit. Lucia supported me and helped my along and took me into the house and quietly as possible to her quarters. I knew my Mother would already be in bed, so I knew once in Lucia's and Emily room, I could cry. We entered her room and she laid me down on my stomach and went to go get a bucket of water, a cloth, and something to cover the lashes with. I cried into the pillow and dried heaved a bit from the lack of oxygen I was letting myself get.

She returned a minute later and sat down. I saw her wince with a pained face.

“Is it bad?” I asked quietly.

“Miss these will be permanent scars,” she said.

She started to clean them and it felt like fire touching them, even though it was only water. I bit down on the pillow to keep myself quiet. She apologized over and over and kept at it. Soon they were cleaned and bandaged.

“You can sleep here Rose,” she said.

“No, it's your bed,” I said.

“Nonsense I need to kept an eye on you tonight to make sure you get good sleep and make sure you don't get a fever,” she said.

“Okay,” I said giving up. I was suddenly tired and felt my eyes droop. Before I knew it I was out and I was plagued by nightmares and cold sweats the rest of the night.

It had been a week since the whipping. I've had a fever on and off and my lashes were starting to heal and scar over. I could walk but my energy and strength have been reduced greatly since then. I could barely walk without some kind of support. My mother has not spoken to me, or even checked up on me. It was like I was a ghost to her now.

Today Lucia helped me out to the field for me to sit in. I loved going to the field, it was right out back and I knew if my Mother decided to have a mental break again, she would never go into the field. She hates nature and the outside. I sat in the sun and let it heat me. It was slightly warm and it was now only a month before my birthday. I leaned back onto my elbows and slowly lowered myself to the ground. I hissed slightly at the pain that was emitted from the ground pressing against my wounds but I tried my best to ignore it.

I laid there for hours it seemed before something blocked the sun from my eyes. I opened them and saw Will standing above me.

“We need to talk,” he said seriously.

“About what?” I asked.

“It would be easier to talk to you if you were standing,” he said. I didn't want him finding out about my whipping so I tried to act natural. “If you say so,” I said slowly propping myself up and rose slowly, trying to ride my face of any signal of pain.

Will's eyes widened a bit at my face. “What happened to you?” he asked. I forgot I looked like death. Bags have taken place under my eyes from the nightmares and I knew I looked pale. I was on the verge of being sick.

“I've been under the weather,” I lied.

“You don't look sick you look like...like shit honestly,” he said.

I gawked at him. I've rarely hear any language so it hurt a bit to hear that come out of his mouth. “Sorry I can't look primp and proper,” I said annoyed.

“Sorry it was the first thing that popped into my head,” he said.

I stood silently. “We need to talk about what happened at Mr, Donner's,” he said.

I held my hand up,” Mr. Donner already explained everything to me,” I said.

“He did?” he asked surprised.

“Yes I know now just to steer clear of you for a bit,” I said. Then I remember that I couldn't be talking to Will. “You shouldn't be here,” I said.

“Why?” he asked.

“Because my Mother is in a very foul mood and is forbidding visitors,” I lied quickly. I started to walk pass him to cue him to leave.

“Elizabeth there's blood on you back!” said Will concerned.

I shut my eyes tightly and didn't want to turn around. “Oh I do?” I asked like I was obvious to why it I would have blood on my back.

“Yes quite a lot actually,” he said walking closer to me. I felt his hand press against my back lightly to examine it. I half yelled out in pain but quickly bit my lip hard.

“Elizabeth what happened?” Will said concerned and very serious at the same time.

I turned to face him,”Nothing,” I said but I could hide the pain in my voice.

“Elizabeth tell me,” he said in the most serious tone I've ever heard him use.

“I...I can't,” I said.

“Elizabeth what happened,” he said in a more commanding tone.

“I was whipped,” I said quietly.

“What?” he asked.

“I was whipped,” I said more clearly.

His eyes widened and then he looked furious,”Who did it?” he asked.

“That I really cannot tell you,” I said.

“What about your face. Their a yellowing bruise on your cheek,” he said.

“I can't,” I said shaking my head.

He stood there and thought for a minute.”Were you the screaming I heard in the beginning of the week?” he asked and looked saddened a bit.

“Um probably,” I said.

I probably screamed loud enough for the whole town to hear. “Bloody hell how bad did you get whip! I thought someone was getting murdered!” he said loudly.

“I had fifteen lashes,” I said looking down.

I heard his breathing pick up,”Let me see.” he said.

”Excuse me?” I asked a bit irked.

“I said let me see,” he said again.

“Absolutely not,” I said.

“Elizabeth you may need to go to the doctor,” he said seriously.

“Will it's highly inappropriate,” I said.

“You think I haven't scene a ladies back before?” he asked but it seemed kind of rhetorical.

I sighed a bit and turned back around,”Fine but only a quick look,” I said moving my hair from my back.

No one was in sight from what I could see and I just hope we didn't get caught. Will untied the back of my dress and moved it out of the way.

I heard his breath hitch,”Holy hell Elizabeth! Did it have shards of glass on it?” he asked.

“Rocks actually,” I said plainly. I felt his finger trace over a lash and I moved my back away in pain.

“Sorry,” he murmured. “Elizabeth it looks like it's going to get infected. It's red all around them,” he said tying my dress back up.

“What am suppose to tell the doctor? I tripped or I fell on rocks? The doctor will never buy it,” I said.

“Elizabeth I can tell you now that you already look horrible.” he said.

“Yes I know,” I said irritated.

“At least let me take you to Mr. Donner,” he said.

“You can just call him your uncle Will,” I said changing the subject.

“Your know?” he asked slightly taken aback.

“Yes when I mean he told me everything, I mean he told me everything,” I said.

“He can help,” he said changing back the subject.

“No Will,” I said stubbornly.

“Fine what about your mother?” he asked. I didn't answer. I almost heard the click in Will's head,”She did it didn't she?” he asked quietly.

“She's not herself,” I said.

“What happened?” he asked.

“We got into an argument and I said she was greedy and that my father would be ashamed of her. I also said I didn't want to be passed around like some whore to perverted rich men who could give a care about me. It was like she didn't even care about my curse and only getting rich and being accepted by people,” I said.

“I'm so sorry Elizabeth,” he said stepping forward.

“She said she was going to disown me if I spoke to her like that again. It's like she's not even there anymore. I mean she hasn't even checked on me or even apologized. Nothing, I just can't believe how people can change so fast, especially your own mother,” I said with tears welling up in my eyes.

Will wrapped his arms around me and gently pulled me into a hug. For the first time in a long time, I felt safe. “You don't deserved that,” he said.

I relaxed a bit and closed my eyes. I sniffled a bit before speaking,”At this point it seems like I'm getting wounded even if I deserved it or not,” I said.

Will pulled away and placed his hands on my shoulders. “Don't give up yet,” he said.

“I wasn't planning on it but now that you mention giving up, it sounds pretty good about now,” I said wiping away some stray tears.

“Don't, please. Who ever they are, their out there and I know for a fact that love triumphs in the end and you'll be safe and happy when it happens,” he said.

I snorted a bit,”I'm sorry it's just like some little fairytale line but I can see how your right,” I said.

“I still don't know any other werewolves around here,” he said.

“Well who knows they could show up tomorrow or even right at this very moment,” I said.

He stayed quiet,”Full moon is in less than a week” he said quietly.

“Judging from what I saw, I really wish there was something I could do to help,” I said placing my hand on his forearm.

He grabbed my hand and held it for a second,”I know you do,” he said before dropping my hand.

“You should go before someone sees you,” I said.

“Elizabeth you have to promise me something,” he said. I nodded,”Find me, even in the dead on night, if your mother has someone lay one hand on you,” he said seriously.

“Okay,” I said quietly.

He sighed in relief,”Good. I can't bare the thought of you getting hurt even worse than you are now,” he said before walking away. I stared after him. It was strange how me and Will went from arguing constantly to this. Maybe Mr. Donner was right, maybe Will really was the one
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited.

Comment? Subscribe?

Avec l'amour

-Mel♥