Status: The epilogue is up and posted. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Blue Moon

Tainted Happiness

woke the next morning in a glorious mood. I told my mother about Ben and how I think it will be going somewhere. She ignored me and said I should have had him already and walked off. I didn't care though, I was to happy to let her get me down.

I got up and ignored the pain coursing through my back and opened my curtains. It was a sunny day, not a cloud in the sky. I walked into my closet and looked through my dresses. I picked out a light red dress that was pretty but also a everyday dress. I stripped my nightgown off and put the dress on. I wet down my hair last night so it was workable today. My hair was in it's normal wavy state and I was tempted to leave it down but I put it in a low bun instead. I did some light makeup and looked myself over in the mirror. I exited my room and walked to Lucia and Emily's room.

I knocked and Emily answered,”Morning Eliza,” said Emily in a cheery tone.

“Good morning Emily,” I said happily and walked in to sit on her bed.

“What brings you here?” she asked sitting besides me.

“I think I met him last night,” I said.

“You mean the one,” she asked excitedly.

“Yes! He's just indescribable! Will knew him actually and he didn't seem to like him much but I'm having lunch with him today,” I said happily.

“What's his name?” asked Emily.

“It's Ben Young. He's from New York, or lives there actually but New York! Can you imagine living there!” I said excitedly.

“I've always wanted to go to New York!” exclaimed Emily.

“He said I should come and visit some time,” I said.

“Oh you lucky girl! What did you mean when you said Will didn't seem to like him?” asked Emily curious.

“Well it was hard to tell but when I told him that Ben was there he looked unhappy and when he was talking to him he seemed guarded in a way. I know Will isn't a people person but he was on edge talking to him. There related though,” I said.

“Really? Related how strange,” said Emily.

“I know Ben is Mr. Donner's brother in-law son,” I said.

“How is Will related though?” she asked.

I realized then that I just slipped up,”Oh gosh I wasn't suppose to say anything!” I said covering my mouth.

“About who?” asked Emily.

“Will! He told me not to tell anyone,” I said feeling guilty.

“Oh come on Eliza! Who would I tell?” she said.

She was right and besides Emily was my best friend right about now. “Will is Mr. Donner's nephew,” I said quietly.

“What?!” she said shocked.

“I know! I had no idea but Mr. Donner told me after-” I stopped. I couldn't let Will's secret slip, not even to Emily.

“After what?” she urged me to continue.

“After I noticed a slight resemblance,” I said lied unevenly.

“They don't look alike at all though,” said Emily confused.

“I just notice they have some similar facial features and I asked and Mr. Donner told me in secret that Will was his nephew,” I said.

“How uncanny!” Emily said.

“Back to Ben though! How long is he here?” asked Emily.

“For two weeks, and I can already tell we'll probably be spending quite a lot of time together,” I said.

“Oh Eliza I'm so happy for you! I always thought though that Will would be the one,” she said.

“What?” I asked confused.

“Well I know you two didn't get along but I see the way he looks at you sometimes. Within the past week or so you know,” she said but she was hiding something else.

“Your hiding something else, it's all over your face,” I said.

“I saw something though..” she trailed off.

“What did you see Emily?” I asked.

“I saw you two in the field the other day,” she said sheepishly.

My jaw dropped,”Oh my gosh! Emily!” I said embarrassed.

“I'm sorry! I was in your room putting some of your dresses away and I caught sight of you and Will,” she said.

“How much did you see,” I asked. “I saw you and him right before he walked away. You two seemed to be comforting each other but I could tell Will was irritated about something,” she said.

I sighed,”I didn't know he was going to come over. He needed to talk to me about something and he found out about the whipping and he was really concerned and I told him it was no use to help me. He had his own problem that I already knew about and I felt sorry for him,” I said.

“What's wrong with Will?” she asked.

“I cannot say. I promised him that I would't and I have to keep my promise on it because it's a big secret but...he's cursed,” I said.

“Cursed? Poor Will,” said Emily.

“I feel so bad for him all the time. I mean what he has to go through is...painful and horrendously scary,” I said.

“I thought you and Will were closer than the eye could see,” she said.

“We lean on each other a little because were both cursed or I have a deal but it's a curse,” I said.

“I want to know so bad what he's cursed with,” she said exasperated.

“Trust me you don't want to know, I found out on accident,” I said.

“Okay I'll take your word for it,” she said.

Lucia entered the room a minute later,”Rose some boy is at the door for you,” said Lucia.

Me and Emily looked at each other in excitement. I quickly got up and walked out the door, Emily following behind me. I slowed down as I got to the door and Emily acted like she was busy. I opened the door and saw Ben standing there.

“Morning Elizabeth,” said Ben.

“Good morning Ben,” I said smiling.

“What brings you here so early?” I asked.

“Well I know we were suppose to do lunch but I have business to attend to so I was wondering if breakfast was alright with you instead,” he offered.

“Of course,” I said.

“Let me fetch my overcoat,” I said.

“Of course,” he said.

I smiled and closed the door. Emily stopped what she was doing and ran over to me,”He's gorgeous!” she squealed.

“I know!” squealed back. She laughed and I put me overcoat on.

“Have fun!” said Emily. I smiled widely at her and opened the door back up.

“Ready?” he asked and I smiled and nodded.

Ben and I rode the carriage to Mr. Donner's mansion and chatted on the way. We arrived and I was greeted by Mr. Donner, who was reading the paper we got weekly. I followed Ben to the back door and we walked outside. “I thought we could do breakfast outside if that's alright with you,” said Ben pulling out my chair for me.

“Oh I love the outdoors,” I said.

“Oh good! Not many women do,” he said.

“My father practically raised me outside,'' I said.

“I think more women should be exposed to the outdoors, it's very rewarding,” he said.

After awhile of talking we got served breakfast and we started eating. We made comments on the food and the surroundings. I looked out into the property and spotted Will chopping wood in the distance. I wanted to go talk to him for some reason, I felt Will could relate to me more than anyone else right now.

“Elizabeth,” said Ben interrupting my thoughts.

“Yes? I'm sorry I must have spaced out for a minute,” I said apologetically.

“Oh it's okay, happens to everyone. I was just wondering if you wanted to ride with me today,” he offered.

I want to ride a horse so badly but with the lashes on my back it was impossible. “Oh I wish I could but my maid told me I have some errands to attend to when I get back but I would love to walk with you down to the stables,” I said.

“That would be great,” he said smiling.

We finished our breakfast and started our walk down to the stables. We walked in silence and I felt Ben's hand slide into mine. I gripped his hand fully and smiled a bit. We walked in a comfortable silence down to the stables. We got to the stables and I said my goodbye to Ben which ended with him doing a small peck on my cheek and I started my walk back up to Mr. Donner's mansion.

“Elizabeth,” said Will behind me.

I turned and smiled,”Hello Will,” I said.

He dabbed his forehead to get some sweat off. “What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Oh I was having breakfast with Ben,” I said.

“How did that go?” he asked curious.

“It went really well,” I said smiling.

“That's good,” he said.

We stood there in a awkward silence. “I should probably get going,” I said.

“Oh okay,” he said. “I should probably get back to work,” he said pointing back to the pile of chopped wood.

“Okay, well I'll see you later,” I said walking away a bit.

“Bye,” he said before turning and walking away. That was weird, Will is never the one to hold a awkward silence or to not even say anything. Something told me he was hiding something he wanted to tell me but couldn't at the same time. I brushed it off and continued to the mansion and the carriage to go home.

Will Point of View

I chopped the wood that my uncle told me to do this morning. It was a humid day and sunny, I was sweating so much I could provide my own river of it. I stopped for a minute to wipe the sweat off my forehead. I looked up towards the mansion and spotted Elizabeth and Ben sitting and laughing. I felt anger boil up inside of me. He really must have a death wish. I turned my attention back to the wood and started chopping it up, angrily I might add. Tonight was the full moon and I could already feel the wolf side being more dominate than my normal self. I continued to chop the wood. I heard laughing all of a sudden and I turned my head towards the noise. I saw Elizabeth and Ben getting up from the table. I continued to watch and I saw him take her hand, I tightened my grip on the ax I was holding. I looked away noticed they were walking this way so I swung the ax down onto the log and walked off around the stables so I was out of sight.

I wanted to kill Ben, he's taken everything that meant something to me and now he's taking Elizabeth. I wanted to punch the stable wall in anger but I knew I would cause a embarrassing scene that would only make me look like a hot head. I leaned against the stable wall and heard them enter the stables.

“I will see you soon,” I heard Ben say.

“Okay,” said Elizabeth quietly.

I heard her walk out and I walked up behind her without out thinking. “Elizabeth,” I said.

She turned and smiled,”Hello Will,” she said.

I dabbed my forehead with the cloth I was holding.”What are you doing here?” I asked but I already knew why.

“Oh I was having breakfast with Ben,” she said with a smile appearing on her face.

”How did that go?” I asked curious to if she actually liked him.

“It went really well,” she said smiling more. Damn she really liked him.

“That's good,” I said lying, it was horrible. We stood there, I wanted to tell her all about Ben but she was so happy, I didn't want to ruin it. “I should probably get back to work,” I said pointing back to the pile of wood I still had to chop.

“Okay, well I'll see you later,” she said starting to walk.

“Bye,” I said before I turned and walked away. I probably seemed off to her but I didn't want to ruin any happiness she finally had. I would just keep a close eye on her to make sure Ben didn't try anything.

After awhile Ben came riding back on his horse. I guessed though he went hunting for blood also. I stepped into the stables and waited for him to get off his horse.

“What can I do for you Will?” he asked like there wasn't anything he was doing wrong.

“What are you doing with Elizabeth,” I said more like a statement.

“Well at this point I think I might actually keep her a little bit,” he said smirking.

I scoffed,”Don't waste her time and don't lay a finger on her,” I said angrily.

“Why shouldn't I waste her time Will? Am I using up your time with her?” he asked knowing that him taunting me would just make me mad.

“I wouldn’t push me Ben, tonight is a full moon. You know I can kill you,” I seethed.

“Oh big bad wolf going to come get me?” he asked faking scared.

“You know Elizabeth is real catch. I think I may stay with her forever.” he said. I narrowed my eyes at him,”What do you mean forever?” I asked.

“You stable boys are so dense!” he laughed without humor. “I mean I'm going to propose to her Will,” he said. I closed my hands in fists so hard it made my knuckles cracked.

“You wouldn't,” I said icily.

“Oh but Will I would,” he said glaring at me and walking past me. I stood there still with anger. I calmed myself down before I did anything irrational. I got back to work and prepared for what tonight was going to bring.

Elizabeth Point of View

I entered the house at around ten o'clock. Emily bombarded me with questions before I was even through the door. She ushered me upstairs to her room and shut the door behind her. “Tell me everything!” she said crossing her legs on her bed.

I laughed a little and went and sat by her. “We ate breakfast outside and we just talked forever. Then he asked if I wanted to go riding with him and I obviously couldn't so I lied and said I had errands to run later today. Instead I walked with him to the stables and he held my hand on the way down. Then when we said goodbye he kissed me on the cheek,” I said blushing.

“Aw Elizabeth!” she said nudging me playfully.

“Oh stop,” I laughed.

She sighed,”Do you think he's the one?” she asked.

“I don't know but I really, really like him,” I said biting my lip.

She smiled at me. We sat there and I started thinking, something about him today was off. I wanted to talk to him all of a sudden also. What was with me?

“I like Will also though,”I blurted out without even thinking about.

“What?” Emily asked.

“I...I didn't even think that it just came out but yes, I like Will also,” I said.

“You've liked Will for a while too,” she said. I did, I remember admitting it back when we were at the hotel.

“I don't know why either. Just something about him makes me like him,” I said.

“Do you think that maybe-” she said but I cut her off.

“No absolutely not. I know what you thinking but Will he can't be my love. I just, I don't know he just can't,” I said.

“That's a good excuse,” she said. I rolled my eyes and fell back on the bed. I was more tired than usual, this curse is taking a lot out of me but I was getting use to being weak so I knew how to walk and how much I can do.

“Who would choose?” I asked Emily.

“I don't know either of them very well Eliza,” she said.

“I know,” I sighed.

“Well if it helps there both very handsome,” she said.

I snorted,”Yes that is true,” I said.

“Who are you closer to loving?” asked Emily.

I grunted and sat up,”I don't know Emily,” I said.

“Well then I got nothing,” she said.

“Me either,” I said laying back down.

“I have work to do but feel free to stay here,” she said.

“Okay thanks Em,” I said.

She smiled and walked out the door. I rolled over on my side and started thinking about both Ben and Will. Thoughts eventually over took my head and I fell into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited.

Comment? Subscribe?

Avec l'amour

-Mel♥