Status: active, comment <3

Four Letter Lie

o1.

The fragrance of cigarettes, alcohol and sex drifted from inside the club to the outside where Emma and i eagerly waited to be let into the venue. I tugged at my dress feeling completely uncomfortable in the outfit Emma forced me to wear. I tapped my heels together impatiently waiting for each individual person to have their ID checked and allowed into the club or thrown to the curb. With every other person entering the club we were a step closer. Taking our last step before the door Emma tightened her linked arm around mine, squeezing it securely. I glared at her, and rolled my eyes when a smirk appeared on her pale face.

“ID’s please” A muscular man clothed in all black asked us.

We promptly handed over our ID’s he observed them over thoroughly before handing them back to us, leaving his hand on mine for a second longer than i required. A dirty grin lurked on his face as he looked over us with wondering eyes. Seeing this, i pulled the oblivious Emma rapidly towards the entrance of the club. Another man dressed in a similar attire unclipped a red rope for us with a gentle smile on his face; which was pleasing compared to our other welcome at the first entrance.

The music grew louder with every step we took. As we entered the club my eyes wondered over its features, my eyes glued to one spot – the stage. I couldn’t help but chuckle when Emma started doing her ‘happy dance’. With a smile not being able to be removed from my face i bit my lip hard trying to contain myself from screaming or making some sort of fool out of myself.

“Want to get a drink?” i asked her.

“Better make it more than one” she nudged me playfully.

“I can only have one though; i have to go to work after this remember!”

“But who is going to party with me afterwards?” Emma pouted.

“Sorry babe, but i can’t skip work again i need the money”

“You suck!”

“Love you too, now come on i want my drink”

We took a seat at the bar and called over the bartender he nodded acknowledging us. After he finished with his previous customer he threw a small towel over his shoulder and walked towards us; a warmth smile on his face.

“What can i get you ladies?” he asked.

“I’ll have a Pina Colada and Ab, what do you want?” Emma ordered.

“I’ll get a Vodka Tonic please” i smiled.

The bartender nodded and made our drinks handing them to us after Emma decided more like forcefully insisted on paying. We quickly downed our drinks and i waited as Emma ordered another for herself, she took her time chatting with the bartender; flirting away. I guess he was kind of cute, but not my type even though i practically have the same occupation as him. Just by looking at him, i just didn’t see any interest in him but Emma had defiantly taken a shine to him. I kept my self promise of not having more than one drink taping my fingers impatiently together for the show to start. Glancing at my phone i seen the time, i bit my lip with excitement and wiggled in my seat.

“Hurry up and finish your drink i want to get right up the front of the stage!” I tugged on Emma lightly.

“Your wish is my command!” she saluted me and skulled down her drink slamming the glass down on the bar beside her; a satisfied smile appearing on her face.

I shook my head and jumped out of my seat dragging Emma along behind me firmly by the wrist. Just as i premeditated we got right up the front of the soon developing crowd behind us. I could still smell the sweet scent of cigarettes, alcohol and sex as i did before but now it was so much closer added with the horrid odour coming from the creepy looking man beside me. Emma and I screamed loudly as the lights when out. She linked her fingers with mine and held my hand tightly as we raised them above our heads emphasising our excitement.

A bright illuminating spotlight lit up the back wall of the stage as a banner with Escape the Fate’s ‘There’s No Sympathy for the Dead’ album cover fell across the wall, lightening up your eyes. I locked eyes with Emma’s able to see the excitement seeping from her eyes. I tried to imagine what a douche i must have looked like but honestly, opinions of others never really mattered to me anyway. An ‘Escape the Fate’ chant started which Emma and i quickly joined into, thrusting our hands in sync up in the air along with the other hundreds of fans.

From what i could see through the blackness of the stage there was no one on stage, yet. Just as i began to wonder when they would come on stage my thoughts were answered as Ronnie, Max, Robert, Omar and Monte enthusiastically entered onto the stage. Ronnie raised his hand in the hand in the air and ruffled his teased hair. Max pointed to the crowd and motioned his hands for the crowd to get loud and pumped; his bass brushing across his waist. Monte flicked his guitar under and over his shoulder sending it around his body; earning applause from the fans. Robert twisted and twirled his drum sticks swiftly in the hands, readjusting his sunglasses before taking his place behind his drum set. Omar pumped the crowd joining Max by his side. The instantly recognisable tune and lyrics of ‘Situations’ began; i cheered along with Emma remembering the unpleasant way of how we came across this band and song.

Emma and i had been out on the town with my boyfriend at the time but the night took a turn for the worst and my boyfriend, Jake got violent with me. It all started because i was ‘getting to close with another guy’ but the actual truth was i was just talking to one of my old school friends and we hugged because in reality i hadn’t seen him in years. Jake harshly pulled me away from Alex and started yelling at me getting right into my face and threatening me, sure he had a few beers that night but i had literally did nothing wrong but talk to someone else. Caught up in his painful words he slapped me straight across my cheek and pushed me forcefully causing me to fall back and hit my head on a table; falling painfully to the ground. I didn’t remember much of the situation that occurred; Emma filled me in on the rest of what happened when she had returned back from the bathroom that night. Jake ended up pegging his glass in anger at the ground beside me during an argument Emma was having with him on my behalf as i was out of it on the ground. The glass shattered and inserted itself deeply into my arms, hands, legs and even my neck.

I was taken to the emergency department and had the countless amounts of shards of glass removed from being deeply imbedded in my skin; covered by my blood. I had stiches in a few of the deeper and larger cuts from the glass and stiches in the back on my head because when i hit the table i split my head clean open. Emma stayed with me the whole night i had to spend in hospital just as a precaution i didn’t relapse into a coma or in and out of consciousness. One of the nurses had given us a radio to try to ease our boredom in the plain, basic hospital room. ‘Situations’ by Escape the Fate came on the radio, the lyrics ‘Situations, are irrelevant now’ fitted perfectly into the situation i had been through that night; by the end of the song we were fluently singing the lyrics.


I quivered slightly at the thought of it, remembering the emotionless look on Jake’s face when he pushed me to the ground. I shrugged it off knowing that thinking of it would just ruin my night and of all nights i didn’t want it to be this one. Emma and i cheered extra for this song as it was the beginning of the start of our love for Escape the Fate even though the song was a result of a bad situation it was well worth it. We head-banged, sung the lyrics and danced together in the small confined space we had between the hundreds of bodies surrounding us. After the song finished Ronnie screamed catching everyone’s attention, all eyes on the stage.

“Now who is ready for a fucking good night!?” he yelled.

Everyone including us cheered and yelled random stuff back at him, a smirk slyly forming on his face.

“Well that’s perfect because i know i am and so is the rest of the band!” he paused waiting for the screams and cheers to stop “Now, back to business” he winked and braced the microphone firmly in his palms pressing it against his lips.

“So lock and load mercenaries,
I see the smoke from the hilltop,
They march one by one”


Ronnie yelled the opening lyrics to ‘The Guillotine’. After the band finished rocking hard to ‘The Guillotine’ they kept the hard rock mood going by next playing their next 3 songs, Emma and i knowing the words to every song. I locked eyes with Max for a moment and smiled uncontrollably seeing him wink at me; Emma pinching my side seeing my reaction. I could hear the echo of my heart pounding in my chest; sending it sound through me.

"Non fiction don’t believe me that chances i have to take.
Betrayal at its best is always second guessed.
Now i am healing the pressure so give me a reason now"

"There’s a place that I’ve found,
As far as i can see.
This place lies within,
The depths of my dreams.
In a garden surrounded,
By fires and trees.
Through the smoke a silhouette i can barely see.
There’s a man with an axe,
Standing in the rain"

"Sending shivers right down your spine,
It’s something that you’re prone to so divine.
You were better at lies (i was never surprised)
At the way that it felt.
Now feel the blade (i was always insane)
But you’re the one that needs help"


For a brief moment the band caught their breathe and took a longing drink of the bottled water they had sitting just off stage. As the band came back on stage the endless cheers of the fans lighted up their faces. Max connected eyes with me again, i was starting to think that he had mistaken me for someone else but i tried to shrug it off because truthfully, i didn’t mind loved the attention i was getting from him; who wouldn’t love the attention? The opening instrumental of Omar, Max, Robert and Monte began of ‘There’s No Sympathy for the Dead’. Max took a few steps towards the front of the stage, right in front of you bending down to your level continuing to play his bass. I fidgeted with my hair and rocked my head back and forward to the sweet tune.

As Ronnie sung the lyrics “Oh my god, i have the remedy for love” he leaned right down into me and yelled the lyrics with me looking dead straight into his dark eyeliner rimmed eyes. Unfortunately, i couldn’t really hear his sweet voice but i knew the exact words he was saying. I cheered and blew him a cheeky kiss as he walk back to his position continuously playing his bass. He returned back with his microphone on its stand ready for his part of the lyrics where he screamed. He seductively leaned over the top over the microphone, pushing it down on the stand slightly peering deeply into your eyes.

“We dance like zombies do in the middle of the rain” he screamed into the microphone.

I couldn’t contain the smile stretching across my face, i screamed along the lyrics with Emma raising our hands into the air singing along with Ronnie’s, Max’s and Omar’s voices; rocking our heads. Max swiftly fidgeted with his leather jacket pocket, before i knew it he placed something in my hand. I looked at him confused as he securely closed my hand; it still raised in the air. He gave me a single nod and smiled before returning back to concentrating on the song. I decided not to look at what he had placed in my hand but quickly slipped it into the front of my bra not wanting to lose it, Max raising his eye brows a few times admiring the view. I blushed and shook my head focusing back on the amazing music that was seeping into my ears.

Escape the Fate finished their last song ‘Cellar Door’ they rapidly chugged down some more water before Max and Ronnie stood next to each other in front of the main microphone wrapping their arms over each other’s shoulders.

“You have all been fucking amazing, we love you all! From all us we hope you had a good night and you all get fucking laid tonight!” Ronnie cheered into the mic.

Emma and i laced fingers as we pulled each other through the enormous crowd flooding the room; trying not to lose each other. Once out into the street i leaned up against the venue wall Emma standing in front of me. I slipped out a cigarette and placed it between my lips covering the flame as it ignited my smoke. I breathed in heavily; longing for the chemicals. I raised my head over Emma’s to exhale the smoke. I handed her the cigarette as she inhaled it lightly and blew out the smoke besides her before handing it back to me.

“So what are you doing once i leave for work? And how are you getting home?” i asked her, a little concerned for my best friend.

“i plan to go back in there and have some more drinks, that bartender was pretty cute” she winked “And getting home, well if i don’t go home with someone” she laughed and i just shook my head laughing a little “I’ll just get a cab back to our apartment”

“I feel like your mother saying this but please be careful! You know where work is and you have all my numbers if you need me. Do you have cash for drinks and cab?”

“Yes mummy wummy” she nudged me playfully “Yeah i have a little, should be all sweet”

“Here take this, just in case” i took my wallet and handed her a $50 note.

“Thanks babe”

“Okay well, i have to go otherwise i will be late. I had such a fucking good time babe, thanks for coming with me. I’ll either see you tonight when i get home or I’ll call you tomorrow morning when i wake up, okay?”

“I know, it was amazing! And what about Max! What did he hand you?!” she asked excitedly.

“I don’t know, i haven’t looked yet i just shoved it in my bra after he gave it to me”

“Well look now!!”

“No you!” i poked her “I’ll look on the way to work i need something to do” i laughed.

“Bitch. Well i need another drink so I’ll see you tonight or tomorrow”

We said a quick goodbye and gave her a hug before throwing my bag on my shoulder. I continued to inhale and exhale my cigarette enjoying the taste of it; i dropped it to the ground once finished, scrunching it with my heel. The walk to work would take around 15 minutes which didn’t bother me but it was the fact i was wearing some kickass heels and a dress i really wasn’t comfortable in causing me to constantly be pulling it down. I reached into my bra and pulled out the warm item that Max had given me. I had to blink a few times to make sure i wasn’t dreaming or something when i pulled it out, rolling it around my palm. I was completely confused by why Max had given it to me...
♠ ♠ ♠
first chapter, what do you think?
dont be a silent reader.
Abigail's outfit