Trust in Me

One

“When Jack called me at three in the morning at first I thought he was drunk, but it turns out that he wanted me to know that I better have a hell of a best man's speech. I would have tried to have some witty comeback, but it was three in the morning after a ten game road trip where I did get to meet Michelle. But I remember our days at Shattuck-Saint Mary's, those were the days that Jack couldn't pay a girl to go out with him and I believe he did try to pay one before,” Sidney laughed. “But once I met Michelle, I could see first hand why Jack was taken with her. When I first heard the story of how these two met, I couldn't help but laugh. Court side seats at a Lakers game and Jack was eyeing her, but Michelle wouldn't give him the time of day until he spilled his beer down the front of her shirt as she was about to leave. And of course he couldn't let her leave in a shirt that smelled like beer so he took her to team LA and bought her a new shirt. Of course it wasn't just any shirt, it was a Kings shirt with his name on the back. As he was paying for the shirt he borrowed a pen and signed it along with his phone number and I guess the rest is history. Two years later we are all gathered here to watch these two start their lives together and I hope that you both will be happy and I hope you have the time of your lives. Congratulations Michelle and Jack.”

Raising their glasses of champagne, those old enough to have them drank. Feeling her new husband wrap his arm around her shoulders, Michelle looked up at him with a smile. Leaning down he placed a soft kiss on her lips. Then again. “I love you.”

“I love you, Jack.”

“It's time for the first dance for Mr. and Mrs. Jack Johnson.”

Watching Jack stand up, Michelle soon followed as she took his hand. Making their way to the center of the dance floor, Michelle looked down at her satin a-line halter gown. The moment she had tried it on, she knew it was the one for her, especially when she found out that the dress' trim came in a subtle light purple. It was as if the dress was made for her and her friend Rylie had agreed.

As the music started, Jack pulled her in close to him as he started to sing the lyrics to I Do (Cherish You) by 98 Degrees into her ear, just like he did when they first danced together at his apartment after their fist date. She had only agreed to the date because her cousin Dustin was tired of him asking about her during and after practices. Not in a million years did she think she would be head over heels in love with him. Pulling back a bit, Michelle leaned up and kissed his lips softly. “I love you so much.”

“Later, remind me to thank Brownie for making you go on that date with me.”

Michelle couldn't contain her laughter as she placed her head on his shoulder. “Dustin didn't make me do anything. It was a suggestion that I give you a chance so that you'd stop with all the pestering questions.”

“Even after I spilled that beer down your shirt?” Jack asked, bringing her hand that was laced with his to his lips where he placed a soft kiss.

“What can I say?” Michelle questioned him. “You made an impression on me.”

“I'm just glad that I'm spending my life with someone that I know loves me.”

As song ended Michelle looked into her husband's eyes and smiled at him. She didn't need to say anything, he knew exactly how she felt towards him. Her heart was his since the first time he kissed her and as much as she tried to deny it, she knew it was true.

Moving back to their seats, Jack pulled out her chair so Michelle could sit down. Leaning in he placed a kiss on her neck before kissing her lips and taking his seat next to her. Michelle smiled when she saw nephew Jake with his arms raised, letting her know that he wanted up into her lap. Reaching down, she grabbed him carefully before placing him in her lap. Sending a smile towards Nicole, her cousin's wife, she laughed seeing the surprise on her face. The moment was broken up by the someone talking into the microphone.

“This is when we'd have the bride and her father come out and dance, but at this wedding it will be a little different. The bride's cousin will be taking the honors of this dance.”

Seeing Dustin walk towards her with that goofy smile on his face, Michelle put the brave face that she had learned to master over the years. Handing Jake over to Jack, she kissed his cheek before taking Dustin's offered hand before they made their way to the center of the dance floor. “I hope you don't mind, but I changed the song.”

“I'm not sure if I should be worried or not.” Michelle smiled, as she wrapped her arms around her cousin's neck.

Hearing the first few notes, Michelle recognized the song immediately. As they swayed to the music from Heartland's I Loved Her First, Michelle tried to keep the tears from falling, but she couldn't.

“I just want you to know something,” Dustin whispered softly. “I know I can never make you forget what you went through as a kid and as an adult because of your dad. But I'm not him and I will always be here for you when things get tough and you feel like you have no where to turn.”

“Aren't you supposed to tell me that I should tell everything to Jack?”

“No,” Dustin said. “Because I know that you won't listen. I know you two love each other, but what I said after I found out that you two were seeing one another still stands.”

“You said a lot of things that day.” Michelle smiled.

“If he hurts you, I'll hurt him.”

“I love you Dustin,” Michelle told him. “You've been protecting me since I was a little girl and I came to live with your family because my own family couldn't handle being there.”

“And I'm not going anywhere,” Dustin said. “I love you, too.”

The rest of the dance was silent spent in silence and Michelle enjoyed it. There were very few moments where it was just her and Dustin, so she learned to treasure them.

When their dance ended, Dustin walked her back to her seat before taking his son out of Jack's hands and heading back to the table where his wife was sitting with their younger son. Glancing over at Jack, she gave him a smile. A smile that he knew that she wanted what her cousin had; a great marriage and children that they created together. The rest of the ceremony seemed to fly by and Jack was saying his good-byes to his friends as did Michelle.

After saying her last good-byes to her cousin and his wife, Michelle walked over to where Jack was still talking to his best friend Sidney Crosby and his girlfriend Valentina. With a smile, she walked up to the small group and stood next to Jack and listened to them talk as Jack wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close to him so he could place a kiss on the top of her head.

“Are you ready to go?” Jack asked.

“Just waiting on you.” Michelle smiled.

“I guess that's my cue to head out,” Jack laughed. “Enjoy yourselves.”

“And I'm glad that you both could make it.” Michelle said as she let go of Jack and hugged Sidney and then Valentina.

“We will,” Sidney said. “Have fun on your honeymoon.”

“You didn't tell him?” Michelle asked, surprised.

“I guess it slipped my mind,” Jack said before looking at his friend. “Kings are starting training in a few days, so we aren't taking a honeymoon.”

“And you couldn't just move up the date of the wedding?” Sidney asked.

“We didn't realize it until after the invitations were sent. It sucks, yeah, but I think we will live.” Michelle said shrugging.

“But we are heading out now,” Jack said lacing his hand with his wife's. “I'll give you a call tomorrow. Maybe we'll have dinner before you head back.”

“Sounds good.” Sidney agreed before he watched Jack and Michelle head for the awaiting limo out front.

Once they reached the suite, Michelle grinned at Jack before letting go of his hand and falling onto the bed with a laugh. Closing the door behind him, Jack laughed at his wife. There were a few times he had caught himself when thinking about their relationship, but he wouldn't want to change anything. “What are you sixteen again?”

“You wish you knew me at sixteen.” Michelle laughed as she watched Jack lay on the bed beside her.

“I think Brownie would have kicked my ass if I knew you at sixteen. I'd be selfish and want you to only wear my jersey at games.”

“You do that now.”

“But now,” Jack grinned. “It isn't just my name on the jersey. Michelle Johnson does sound nice, doesn't it?”

Feeling his hand around her hairline, Michelle looked into his eyes and smiled. She couldn't believe that she would get to wake up next to Jack for the rest of her life. Recognizing the look in his eyes as his lips went to her neck, she made her way off the bed and grabbed her bag before going into the bathroom and locking herself inside.

“I don't see how that is necessary!” Jack called out to her. “It isn't as if I haven't seen any of that before.”

“Because I'm changing,” Michelle yelled. “Now leave me alone!”

After slipping out of her wedding dress, she used the hanger that was in the bathroom and hung it up on the rod where the shower curtain was at. After slipping on the white g-string on, Michelle grabbed the rest of the outfit. Pulling it on, she looked in the mirror after placing her breasts into the bra cups, Michelle grabbed the ties to make it into a halter. Pulling down the body of the chemise, the lace fabric hugged her body and she knew that Jack would love it, but she still had the butterflies in her stomach.

Taking a deep breath, Michelle unlocked the bathroom door before stepping out of it and towards the room where Jack was still laying on the bed. Once his eyes took her in with the white lingerie on, Jack couldn't look away. This wasn't the first time that they were going to have sex, but it was different from the wild monkey sex they've had before tonight. Tonight was different, tonight was their wedding night. Everything would be slower and filled with more passion signaling the beginning of their life together. The two of them were going to spend eternity together and they were in no rush to get there. Tonight was about being with one another.

Making love to his beautiful bride until the sun came up, Jack still couldn't believe that she was his wife now. He lavished her body and heart with attention that had her aching for more until they reached the point of exhaustion. Michelle was his everything and nothing could ever change that. Although they hadn't talked about when they would start trying for kids, Jack couldn't wait for the day when he was able to see their child growing in his wife's belly.

Minus the dinner Jack and Michelle had with Sidney and Valentina, they didn't leave their hotel room for four days. They left to check out of the hotel and go home, to start their life together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well there is the start of it. I hope you like it. Let me know what you think!!