Trust in Me

Three

Feeling the bed sink down behind her, Michelle didn't bother to even open her eyes. She knew that Jack would be back late from the road trip. Four months into the new season and Michelle had missed her husband, but at the same time she had been way too tired to stay awake and wait for him to come home. Shedding himself of his shirt and pants, Jack crawled under the covers and over to his wife. “Are you awake?”

“No,” Michelle yawned into her pillow as she kept her back to him in hopes that he wouldn't want to do anything. “Go to bed.”

Moving in closer to her, he wrapped his arms around her as she snuggled into the warm bed. “I missed you.”

Feeling his hand slipping just below the elastic of her shorts, Michelle grabbed his wrist before he could go any further. Feeling his lips on her chest and traveling up towards her neck, she couldn't contain the sigh that she tried to keep bottled up. Feeling his body hovering over hers and she slowly adjusted her eyes to the darkness of the bedroom before looking at him. “I'm tired, Jack...”

Feeling his hands move up her body and under the sports bra she had worn to bed, Michelle knew she didn't want him to stop. It had been almost a month since she had felt his hands on her in this way. His hands cupping her breasts under her bra had her releasing a small moan. Moving her hand to the front of his boxers, Michelle was not expecting to feel him as hard as he was. Knowing he was ready for her to say the word just made her wet thinking about it.

“Do you want me to stop?” he asked.

“No.”

Sitting up, she leaned up and kissed his lips as he grabbed the sports bra and yanked it off her body, only breaking their kiss to get it over her head. Slowly pushing his wife's body back down onto the bed, Jack took the time to enjoy touching her in the way only he could. Hearing the intakes of breaths and the moans coming from her, the grin on his face grew. Quickly shedding her of the shorts she would go running in, Jack let out his own moan. Slipping out of his own boxers, Jack smiled at her knowing that it had been too long since they had been able to do this.

Settling between her legs, Jack didn't give Michelle any time to prepare before he pushed himself inside of her. Grabbing the sheets on the bed, Michelle didn't realize how much she had missed this. Being this close to Jack, to feeling him inside her was something she loved. It was hard being away, but the coming home part was always amazing.

Jack's motions started off teasingly slow, knowing that Michelle didn't want him to go slow. She wanted him fast and now, but it was Jack that was in charge, not her. Sex with them had always been good, but a month without sex was torture for them. With Jack on an extended road trip with his team and Michelle being sick and then working extra hours, both of them had been way too tired, until now. As soon as his pace started to pick up, Michelle's moans started to get louder and that just encouraged Jack to keep going. They both rode out their orgasms before Jack thrust one last time before clasping on top of his wife.

Rolling off of her, Jack wrapped his arms around her naked body, bringing her closer to his body. “God, Chelle, I've missed you and I missed that.”

“I missed you around here,” Michelle said as she turned and rested her head on his chest. “Barney missed you too.”

“You finally gave him a name?”

“He just seems like a Barney.”

“Go to sleep,” Jack whispered before kissing the top of her head. “I'm home now.”

Falling asleep in Jack's arms was a comfort, it wasn't a fight to sleep. With Jack gone, most nights were sleepless since she didn't have him with her. Michelle had grown used to having Jack sleep next to her, but it wasn't just that. She didn't like coming home to an empty house, it just felt so lonely and it reminded her that she was different from the other women at work. Her husband was on the road a lot more than others and other husbands were just sports addicts. They had no idea how hard it was to be with a professional athlete, but there was nothing that made her wish things were different.

Waking up early, Michelle grabbed Jack's shirt from the end of the bed and slipped it on before making her way to her dresser where she slipped on a pair of underwear and grabbed her robe before slipping out of the room. Making her way to the kitchen, she stepped over the baby gate and walked to the cupboard where she pulled out a box of cereal. After leaving the cereal on the counter, she opened the back door and let Barney outside to do his business and play while she ate and organized her schedule. She knew she had to reschedule the wedding party photos until later, there was no way she was leaving the house today if she could help it. There was a feeling that she had that her house was about to be invaded by hockey players.

“What are you doing up?” Michelle asked hearing Jack walk into the kitchen. “I thought you'd sleep in.”

“The guys are coming over this afternoon,” Jack said as he yawned. “Brad and Kenzie are bringing food for lunch, but I'm not sure if anyone else is coming over besides the boys, but I figured you wouldn't care.”

“Too bad,” Michelle said as she wrote in her organizer. “I was planning to stay in bed all day. Naked.”

“Don't tease,” Jack said walking towards where she was sitting and placed his head on her shoulder. “What are you doing?”

“Moving my schedule around. I don't feel like driving for two hours to take these pictures so I'm gonna reschedule for later this week or have Anna do them.”

“Is that the couple that you were complaining about being perfectionists?” Jack asked as he took a seat next to her.

“Yeah,” Michelle said moving her hair from her face. “If things aren't perfect then she wants them all to be done over again. It has gotten a bit annoying.”

“You can always just quit your job and stay home. We have the money for it.”

“I'll quit when I'm ready, Jack.”

“When will you be ready?” he asked as he got up and went to get his own bowl of cereal. “I don't mean to push, but just so I know.”

“Maybe when I'm about seven or eight months pregnant?” Michelle said as she shrugged her shoulders as turned and looked at her husband who had his back turned to her. “But to get there, you have to actually get my pregnant.”

“Is that a hint that you want more of last night?”

Crumpling a piece of paper that was on the kitchen table, she made it into a ball and hit him in the back of the head. “Is that all you think about when you get home from these road trips?”

“And before them as well,” Jack laughed as he watched Michelle get out of her chair and put her stuff in the sink. Wrapping his arms around her waist, his hands wandered further down. “Not wearing any pants? Are you trying to turn me on before everyone gets here?”

“Keep dreaming,” Michelle said as she struggled to get out of his arms. “You got some last night.”

“Are you really going to say no?” Jack asked as his hands slipped inside her panties.

“We don't have time,” Michelle sighed. “You know that the boys will be here early.”

“It's still early.” Jack told her.

With a deep breath, Michelle moved his hands away from her body, turned around and kissed him on the cheek before heading upstairs.

By the time Michelle made her way out of the bedroom dressed in dark jeans and a Michigan hockey shirt, her head was already hurting from having to listen to the couple that was getting married in a month and a half panic about the weather. Throwing her hair up into a messy bun, she walked downstairs with the phone glued to her ear and Barney in her arms. Seeing the guys in the living room with food everywhere, she had to hold back rolling her eyes. Leaning down she picked up the black leash off the table before making her way into the living room. Placing Barney in Matt Greene's lap before handing him the leash. “Take him out for a few minutes please. I just cleaned the backyard and Jack hasn't mowed it.”

“Are you working?”

Hanging up the phone, she looked at Dustin who was sitting with Jake in his lap. “Yeah, I've got this couple that is freaking out right now and they keep calling every hour.”

Watching Dustin put Jake on the floor, he made his way over to Michelle who lifted him up. “Enjoy your day boys.”

“Chelle!”

Looking back at Matt, he looked confused as why she gave the puppy to him. “One of you is taking him out and around the block and Jack is going to mow the backyard. Unless someone else wants to mow. I really don't care who mows, I just need it done today.”

“Is there a reason that you can't mow the lawn?”

“Because the smell of the gas makes me sick and my head hurts.”

Dustin looked at his cousin, a little confused. Seeing her give kisses to his son as she had done since he was born, but now it was something different. It was the look his own wife had each time they found out that they were expecting. He knew that Michelle and Jack had tossed out the protection, but he didn't think that it would happen that fast. But that would have meant his cousin was entering her third month, but Jack wasn't grinning like a fool who knew he was gonna be a father. So either he was off or Michelle still hadn't told him that she was pregnant. He knew his cousin very well and it wasn't like her to keep that a secret from Jack or even from Nicole who would have told him. Things in that aspect just weren't adding up.

“Do you want to go lay down?” Jack asked as he pulled her into his lap even while she was holding Jake.

“Jake need to take a nap soon, Dustin?”

“If you can get him to go for one,” he smiled. “Then he won't be so grumpy later on.”

“I'll try,” Michelle told him. “No promises.”

“Getting the extra practice in before you have your own running around?” Jonathan Quick asked, a smile on his face.

“It isn't from lack of trying that we don't have one yet. The sooner the better.”

Rolling her eyes, Michelle stood up and walked with Jake up the stairs and Dustin wasn't far behind. As soon as both aunt and nephew got up to the bedroom, they crawled under the covers. Jake was out pretty quick, but before Michelle could join in dream land, Dustin made his presence known.

“Chelle, is there something going on?”

“I don't want to talk to about it Dustin, please.”

“Are you pregnant?”

“Not that I know of.”

“Then what's going on with you?” he asked, looking at his cousin with nothing but worry written on his face. “I know you well enough to know that you are not acting the same way as you were before we left on the road trip. Chelle are you in some sort of trouble?”

“I'm not in trouble, Dustin,” Michelle sighed. “But you can't tell Jack. I don't want him knowing just yet.”

“Chelle....”

“No, you have to promise.”

“I promise, your secret is safe with me.”

Michelle looked into Dustin's eyes and knew he wasn't lying to her. So she took a deep breath and thought about how she was going to tell him what was really going on with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait!! I needed to post this since I met Jack again when I went to LA this past week.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

Let me know what you think!!