Aim High, Never Rest

Ignorance

I stepped out the bathroom with loosely clothes on. I had just got out the shower since last night I crashed without taking a shower.

I rubbed my hair with the towel I had in my hand. My phone begin to ring. I skipped over to my phone and picked it up without looking at the caller id.

"Hello?"

"Finally you picked up!" My mother had concern all in her voice.

"Sorry mom I was in the shower." I sat down on the edge if my bed.

"For the past two days, I think not," She said. "You could have been kidnapped or something!" I laughed at my mother's dramatic break down she's having on the other side if the phone.

"Well I assure you mother, that I am perfectly fine."

"If you say so." I could hear her catch her breath and mumble something in the background. Must be my father. "So how's it been so far?" Now I could" sense a little bit of excitement.

"I'm in a commercial and I have a manager already." I told her. I knew what she was probably thinking. How could this happen so fast? or something along those lines.

"Wow really, that's great...I guess." She hesitated to say.

"What's 'I guess' suppose to mean mom?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

She hesitated again. "I'm just saying Carley that don't you think that this is moving too fast?" Ugh! I hated when she did this. Always had to rain on my parade or look down on ne when somethings going right for me.

"Yeah maybe it is but I'm not expecting wait forever for it to happen!" My voice begin to rise and I'm sure the people next door could every word but I don't care at the moment. "I thought you were gonna be happy for me!"

"I am happy for you Carley but-"

I cut her off. "I can never tell!" I was complete angery now but I got it under control.

Not to long after I was fully dressed and ready to step out the door. That was until my phone ringed again. This time I looked at the caller id. It was Robert Bloomsberg, my manager.

"Hello."

"Hi, Carley Turner." He said my name so...formal.

"Yeah you can just call me Carley."

"Right, I was wondering of you could come by the office?"

"Um yeah sure I could." I looked around the livingroom area.

"OK does fiveish sounds good with you?" I mentally laughed at the fact he said 'fiveish'.

I peered at my watch. "Sure, fiveish sounds great. I'll see you then." We said our goodbyes and hung up the phone. I kind of planning on having a little day off or something. Maybe go shopping and invite a new friend to go with me. But them plans were ruined.

I guess I'll just hang around the pool or something before going.

"Hey Logan." I waved as I seen him on my way to the elevator.

"Oh hi Carley." He showed his perfect teeth in a smile.

"What are doing?" I asked out of pure curiosity.

"I was going to go talk to Kandi but I doubt she wants to see me now."

I didn't know exactly to say to him, I mean I don't know why Kandi wasn't even talking to him. "I guess just keep trying."

"Yeah thanks Carley."

"No problem Logan." I gave a sympathetic smile and headed to the elevators.

The doors to the elevator seperated and reveled a group of girls that were talking to one another before they seen me. As soon as I stepped in to the elevator it immediately got quiet and sort of...intense.

I felt eyes on me the whole time. Like there were just a million daggering glares getting sent my way. And I'm sure I heard my names a couple time.

They would say, That's the girl Carley or something along the lines as, She's not even that pretty. They were horrible at whispering.

It seemed to forever for us to get to the lobby. The doors opened at last and the group of girls were the first one out. I slowly followed behind to only be greeted by more glares now. Plenty of girls were looking my way as I made my way towards the pool. Out by the pool I seen Maxine sitting with a guitar and a notepad. I thought about talking to her but quickly stopped in my tracks and rejected the thought. I almost forgot about last time I talked to her. I don't want to go through with that.

I then looked around again and seen Camille sitting on a beach chair reading over some papers. I'm sure she won't mind talking to me.

"Hey Camille!" I smiled walking over to her.

"Hi Carley." She looked up from her paper.

"Whatcha reading?" I asked sitting in a chair next to her.

"I got this role as alien that falls in love with a human!" She was extremely excited about the new role. She looked back down at her paper and it fell silent. At first I looked around and a couple of the girls I saw in the lobby were out there. Then I looked back at Camille who was still reading.

"Camille," She answered with a 'hm' without looking up from her paper. "Did I do something wrong?"

"What do you mean?" This time Camille looked up at me.

"I keep getting these weird glares from all the girls and I wondering if I did or say anything wrong?"

"Hm...not that I can think of." She didn't sound sure in her voice like she was keeping something. Just then two girls walked past talking. "Is that the girl that was with James at the party, oh wow." That's when it hit me.

James. The reason behind all the stares and glares were because of James. That was completely idiotic.

"James?" I whispered to myself a little too loudly.

"Speaking of James...do you two have something going on."

"No!" I jumped out if my seat. "Why would you even think something like that?"

"I'm sorry its just that at the party you and James seemed like an item." Camille put her hands up in defense.

"Ugh!" I got so frustrated with this whole conversation. "I have to go." I quickly made my to the entrance of the lobby. I can't believe that I'm hated cause of James.

I rushed past some people standing around to only be stop by somebody in front of me. I looked up and it was the person I could really go without seeing right now. "Carley, I was just about to come talk to you." He started out with a smile but soon faded into a confused frown as he seen my glare. "What I do?" He automatically knew he must have did something wrong.

"Its not what you did, its what you are." I tried to brush past him but yet again he stopped me.

"Whoa wait, what are you talking about?"

"I know your type James," I snapped looking up at him since he was taller than me. "The type that think they can just toy with a girl before someone better comes along, the type that can't stay committed to one relationship." I looked him in the eyes. "The thing is I wans't even looking for a relationship, but now because of you these girls hate me now." He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off.

"But I'm not falling for that bullshit." I then walked around him with ease this time leaving him speechless.

God. This would have been way worse if I've knew him longer. I'm glad I didn't. It was better and I knew it, I hopes he knows it too.

I was so into my own thoughts that I didn't see anything around me nor in front of me. So I didn't see anyone when I had bumped into them.

"Sorry-"

"Like watch where you're going." She rolled her eyes, flipped her blonde hair, and continued walking. I never seen this girl at the Palm Woods before. Maybe she was new but I seriously doubt it. I just shook my head and walked out the door. All of this was just ignorance to me and I didn't have time for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of liked writing this chapter.

Title Credit Goes To ;; PARAMORE