Aim High, Never Rest

We Made You

I took in a deep breath as the captain of the plane announced that we were now landing in Los Angele's, California. My stomach was doing flips! I mean it was doing that the whole plane ride but now it was just going out of control! I wasn't usually nervous but what I was doing was a really huge step for me. Probably one of the biggest steps I'll ever have to take in my life. I was moving to LA all by myself, well not necessarily. I had an cousin who lived out somewhere in that area. So I wasn't completely alone.

The plane was now landed. This was it. The first step into my dreams, to becoming an Singer/actress. Those were the two things I basically wanted to do for my career. I picked two because I just couldn't choose which one I was best at. So why not go big. I'm always up for the challenge. We begin to inboard the plane and couldn't wait to get off it, I was like the fifth person off. Excited didn't even describe they way I felt.

As I stepped into the airport, I scanned the area quite thoroughly. I don't why I did but something in my gut told me to. I was glad I did because I saw a sign with my name on it. I followed to where the sign was being held by. It was Juliana, my cousin. As soon as she seen me and I seen her we met into a tight hug. "Oh my gosh Julie, how did you know I was here?" I asked out of full surprise.

"You're mom told me that you decided to move to LA and she asked if I could come pick you up from the airport and here I am." She flashed a smile.

"I should of known." I say as I picked my luggage bags.

I stared out the car window as the huge palm trees passed by. I came from Washington, so the only time I seen those trees were on TV or in posters. I leaned back into the seat and closed my eyes and let the suns rays cover my exposed skin. It felt good to be in the sun. Now I get to do this almost everyday at the one and only Palm Woods Hotel. That's where we were heading to.

"So are you excited?" Julie asked me breaking the silence.

"More nervous than anything.''

"Well don't be, you'll do great here I just know it." She smiled. I hope she was right.

I lugged my suitcases out of the trunk of her car as she helped. "Well you know my number so if you need anything just call me." She pulled me into a hug.

"OK I will if I do need anything." I smiled as she let me go. I picked up all my bags and begin to walk into the entrance of Palm Woods. I walked up to the desk and the manager was there.

"Welcome to Palm Woods, home of the future famous, how may I help you?"

I took hotel information out of my bag and showed it to him. Not to later after that I got the key to my room and was off to the elevators. During that time there was a lot of commotion in the lobby. So girl apparently go slammed in the head with a hockey puck and a guy wearing some kind of hockey uniform came to her. Thar was all I saw before the elevator doors closed. I was on the third floor so it didn't take that long to get to my room. As soon as I got into my room I stripped my clothes and put on my swimsuit, a pair of shorts and headed to the pool. Not too weird that that is the first place I want to go. You would think that I would be tired from the plane wide but I wasn't, I guess you could say that I was too excited to rest.

As soon as I walked out the entrance doorway I heard someone scream. "CANNONBALL!" Everyone was greeted with water splashing on them. Including me. But I wasn't hit as badly as some were. It was basically just my legs that got wet, I didn't mind. I found a chair to sit in by the pool.

I was laying there with my eyes closed, minding my own business when all of sudden the sun was blocked. I opened my eyes to see a good-looking, well tanned guy hovering over me. "Um you're blocking my sun." I said trying to not be rude but this was really annoying.

"You know its very dangerous to be in sun without sunscreen." He held up a bottle of SPF 40 sunscreen.

"And how do you know I don't have sunscreen on?"

"Because," He had a sly smirk on his face. "You just told me."

"Oh wow." I let out a little chuckle. "That was pretty good."

"I'm James, James Diamond but you probably already knew that."

"Uh....not really." I gave him a confuses look.

"You don't know who I am?" He had disappointment and shock on his face.

"No...should I?"

"Yes! I'm in a band," It still didn't ring a bell. "Big Rime Rush?" He sat on my chair, the little part where my legs weren't covering.

"Oh yeah, now I remember, I heard of you guys." He now had a smile and excitement plastered on his face. "Thanks for bringing the sunscreen." I tried to grab it out his hand but he put it out my reach. I looked at him.

"I came to assist you." There was that smirk again. It was actually kind of nice.

"Assist me?"

"You know help you." Now I was looking at him like he was insane. "Come on if you want a nice glowing tan like mine, I should at least show you the basics myself."

I looked him over and it was something very much worth looking at. He did have a great tan and anyone would want a perfect tan like his. "Fine, but just my back, nothing else."

And that's how I met James Diamond.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this is good , I enjoyed the first two chapters :)