Aim High, Never Rest

Lights And Sounds

I don't know what motivated me to be here, sitting on the glowing bench in the dark bowling alley, but I wasn't bothered or even bored at the moment. Kandi was an alright person in my eyes so I decided that hanging out with her wouldn't be so bad. If only I won't end up losing the bowling match in this glow in the dark atmosphere. I do not take defeat well and it wouldn't matter if I lost a friend over this issue.

A thought flashed in my head like a high electricity light bulb. The wonder of Kandi and Carley brought me to the high degree of contemplation. I usually don't hang out with people unless I consider them as friends. So why am I here? Am I actually considering them to be associates? Whatever, the insignificant questions shouldn't matter anyways. We are just trying to seek company from each other, friends or not. 

The main point is, I don't find them annoying, phony, or ignorant so I think this girl time wouldn't turn out to be so bad.

"A spare!" Carley exclaimed, pulling me out of my thoughts. She jumped up and down, doing a little dance at her accomplishment. My eyes flickered to the direction of the score board, bringing awareness that she scored a spare after her second try. The glowing pins were placed back to each of their respective locations, signaling Kandi's turn.

The wavy haired brunette picked out an orange glow ball from the compartment and walked past Carley to ready herself for her throw. The two shared a high five as they passed and Carley took her seat beside me. While Kandi brought herself into preparation, I studied her movements with my leather clad arms folded across my chest. She let out a breath as she brought her ball down the lane. The ball reached its end, knocking down eight pins. 

Carley cheered, clapping and throwing her hands up in the air. "Good job, Kandi!"

The said girl shot her cheerleader a thankful smile before returning to pick up her desired ball. 

I took the time to reabsorb my surroundings. The room was obviously dark with the adorning walls glowing blue light. It made me appreciate my decision of coming here. I love the interesting lights glowing in the midst of a bowling match. That was one main reason I adored cosmic bowling so much. 

"Maxine, your final turn" Kandi tapped my shoulders lightly, averting my gaze from the glowing surroundings. 

My eyes landed on her, bringing them up to the scoreboard. Kandi knocked down the last two pins that stood standing after her first throw. She ended the game with a 107

Carley's game nearly topped Kandi's with a 104. My score is 94, greatly behind them. 

But it won't be for long.

I will win because I want to win. No one is worthy enough to beat me in a bowling game like this. No one is ever worthy to be better than me in anything. With this final frame, I will defeat the two players. 

Adjusting my fingerless gloves and straightening the sleeves of my leather jacket, I picked up a black colored ball, approximately nine pounds. The customized bowling shoes squeaked against the wooden floor as I stuck my fingers into the holes on the ball. I stopped right in front of the long lane and squinted my eyes.

The ten pins lay there, challenging me to knock them all down. I will succeed and knock all ten of them down. Then I will use my final two throws well. I will perform strikes three times in a row and show the other two who's boss. 

Readying my position and ball alignment, I lifted the ball up and adjusted the degree and direction. Finally, when I am satisfied, I threw the ball in swift motion.

The dark colored ball sped down the lane to knock down all ten pins. I can hear Carley and Kandi cheer me on. It's nice having that feeling of pride when other people are cheering for you. Plus, I am very surprised that the two future stars are cheering me on instead of mentally wishing to kick my ass. If they did, I would've had more motivation.

Whatever, I just need to continue kicking ass with the ball and the pins. I walked back to retrieve the ball I previously threw and almost smirked when some guys from the lane beside us gaped at me. 

"Good luck" Carley muttered.

I just shot her a crooked grin before walking up the lane again. Determination washed over my eyes, I threw the ball again. The ball moved at a faster speed this time and knocked down all ten pins as expected. The cheering surrounding the line increased and a smug grin plastered on my face permanently as I went to retrieve the ball for my third throw. 

I readjusted my fingerless gloves once again, sticking my fingers into the holes. 

With one final throw, I walk back to sit beside my two friends

When I sat down, my gaze fell on the pins on the lane. Or the pin remaining on the lane. I swore uncontrollably under my breath at the realization of my failure to knock down all the pins.

Everyone around me still cheered anyways. Only, I felt like crap not able to knock down the final pin. 

"You won, Maxine!" Kandi encouraged, shooting me a smile. 

"Yeah, congrats!" Carley joined in.

We sat there for a while before retreating to Kandi's car. After the bowling match and the fast food, the three of us decided to head back to Palm Woods. Our bonding time was quite acceptable and I don't think I hate these people. They proved themselves worthy by not judging me with their face expressions or annoy me with their ignorance. The conversations between us was casual and I think they are alright people. At least bowling with them was fun and they supported my victory instead of bitching at me in jealousy. 

It's actually nice to finally have my girl time. As corny and unworthy as that sounded, hanging around boys all day can seriously drive you insane. Especially when they're all so immature.

"So, guess what?" Carley spoke, crossing her legs and playing with the dashboard ahead of her in the passenger seat. 

Her fingers trailed over the board and then randomly tapping on it as Kandi turned up the air conditioner before turning her attention back to the road. 

"What?" she murmured. 

"There's the new guy in Palm Woods" Carley squealed.

My eyebrows cocked, almost wanting to smirk at how easily conquered she is. How is she going to let one guy make her this excited? I can't exactly see her face expression from the backseat but it looked to be the cliche feeling a girl feels when conversing about a boy she feels strongly about.

"Oh yeah?" Kandi mumbled absentmindedly.

"Yeah, it's this guy from this band" 

My head shot up over to Carley with a look of alarm.

"His name is Jordan and he's really hot" she continued and I found myself growling. Jordan.

"Oh, interesting" Kandi nodded slightly. But I know that she really don't get into other people's business or instigate whatsoever so she just stood on her side of the boundary line.

"He was flirting with me the whole time" 

"Shut up, no one's flirting with you" I snarled, almost in some form of blurt. 

Carley's head shot back to look at me and I see Kandi's eyes widen in shock at the rear view mirror.

"What?"

"Go back to James or something" I muttered, holding back a nasty remark. 

Why would Jordan be flirting with her? He's completely amazing and different. Maybe he was destined for my eyes to see. Why would Carley come in and ruin everything when she's got James wrapped around her finger? It's disgusting, really.

"Maxine, what are you even talking about?" Carley asked, confused.

I rolled my eyes at her and glared out the window. She asked me again and I ignored her. 

I have to get to Jordan before she gets to him. Kendall promised to help me so he better not screw everything up and let Carley have him. 

And to think that I thought of her as my friend. Totally not worthy now.

"Maxine!" Carley shouted, sounding frustrated at my outburst.

"Fuck off, Carley!" I screamed as Kandi stopped the car in the Palm Woods parking lot. 

I got off the car and stormed off. Kandi shifted her seat awkwardly and waited until we all got off. I didn't even wait for them before walking off to the Palm Woods lobby. 

Carley is trying to steal Jordan away from me. And she's a bitch for it. How dare she claim Jordan to be flirting with her? I bet that wasn't even the case.

"Hey Maxi!" 

I turned my head around to reveal Kendall with Logan beside him.

The awkward singer waved hesitantly at me and Kendall beckoned me over.

Groaning, I walked over to the pair. Kendall shot me a smug look and crossed his arms over his chest.

"So?" 

"Jordan asked about you today"

My eyes glowed and I refrained my lips from curving into a smile.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yes"

"Cool" I said, trying to rub it off. 

"And I got you something" Logan announced, digging in his duffel bag.

"Huh?" I almost grimaced at his unstableness. It's really irritating for me to watch him search for something in rush. 

He pulled out two lengthy looking books and handed them to me.

"Kendall told me about your liking to Jordan so I figured I'd help and get you these"

Kendall shot his friend a little smirk before turning back to me.

"Logan, you got me books on how to get a boyfriend?" my eyebrows shot up as I gave Logan a look. 

He gulped and moved his hands around. His mouth opened to say something but they shut immediately as his eyes glanced over at something behind me.

Kendall and I followed his gaze to see Kandi and Carley walk in.

My eyes hardened as I continue to shoot her down with my gaze. Carley's orbs fell on mine as she shifted uncomfortably behind Kandi. The elevator door opened and she hurriedly ran inside.

The door closed and I gave my attention back to the two idiots beside me.

"What's wrong with you two?" Kendall asked, glancing from Logan to me.

"Something really awkward happened this afternoon between Kandi and I" Logan stuttered, eyes wandering all over the place in paranoia.

"And you?" Kendall asked me.

"That bitch claims Jordan to be flirting with her"

"Kandi?" he asked, confusion and shock washed all over his face.

"No! I mean freaking Carley" I sighed, shaking my head.

I hate how I'm getting all worked up over a guy. It's never happened before which I find extremely new to have this feeling for a guy.

But Jordan isn't just any guy. 

I feel like I'm going to get Jordan no matter what I have to do.

Even if I have to sabotage Carley during the process.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, Maxine's a bitch! But hey, girls tend to get bitchy when other girls get their paws on her man.

Title Credit: Yellowcard