Aim High, Never Rest

Redesign Me

The cover art for our new and upcoming EP was chosen. The track listing and promotional single was settled by Hawk and his group of promoters. They went through details thoroughly to make sure that this Extended Play will make the listeners beg for a full length album. They wanted to perfect this release so that people will want to buy it and bring in the big bucks to Hawk.

I don’t care about the money. Hawk can have all the profit if it meant more spotlight and fame for me. I sound like a fame hungered bitch, but I feel like that’s just who I am. I’m not obsessed with fame itself. I’m obsessed with trophies or evidential prove of my hardworking success. If this band eventually rises to fame, it’s the biggest trophy anyone could ever ask for to show off succession.

Last week, Hawk required the band to come up with one more song for this EP. He wanted to top other upcoming releases with our increased amount of tracks. I was pissed at first because inspirations don’t just grow on trees. They come when a story is willing to unfold. Idiots just don’t get that.

I eventually wrote the song after watching Carlos fall headfirst into the pool. He probably slipped on the wet floor when he was skateboarding by the Palm Woods pool. It was a very clumsy, unintelligent move but I’m still thankful for that spark of inspiration to grow into my creation.

The song was written with depth and wonderful texture of words. I eventually came up with the guitar and vocal melodies while watching Guitar Dude strum away without a care in the world. He was so carefree and I feel like the music should be flowing melodically while the lyrics describe a clumsy phase in life. It seems fitting at the time.

When I called the guys over to try it out, they thought my creation was genius. I mean, I can’t blame them. I’m just so amazing and thoughtful. My efforts turned into something even more intriguing and I’m more than aware that the majority of the human population lacks the abilities to do that.

Eventually, the six completed songs were handed over for release. Hawk rushed the process of releasing it, but I don’t really mind. I want my work out as soon as possible. But most importantly, I want to see people’s reaction to my music.

After the cover shoot, we did some press and interviews to promote the EP. I can’t deny the satisfaction of people gazing at me like I’m some kind of musical goddess, because seriously, I am. The only problem before was that, no one really noticed. All they see is this reckless bitch desperate for attention and a fight. But they don’t know how hard I work to gain that over confidence of mine.

Today, Hawk set a few rules and restrictions for us. Collin and Nathan frowned upon the ideology of cleaning up our acts for the media. But Tyson didn’t find that a problem. He never caused problems for the world to see. All he does is curl up in a comfy place and study for upcoming tests or exams. I don’t care because if that’s what my boss wants, that’s what I’ll do.

If I really want my band to be successful, I’m going to do what it takes to set the perfect image to draw the media in.

After Hawk dismissed us, the limo brought us back to Palm Woods. Nathan and Collin ran around the lobby like a bunch of assholes. They snatched a cup of slushy out of Camille’s hands as they passed. Then they ran through the hotel like they are the shit. It somehow affects me because I know that I am the absolute shit, not them. I will one day run this hotel, then I’d slowly move up to this town, and eventually people will know who I am worldwide.

Tyson went to study for the upcoming Chemistry exam in our apartment. He shot Kandi a smile when they clashed in the elevator. She had let Tyson enter the elevator first because something occurred before that made her so willing to let him do so. By observing her, I knew something exciting happened to her today. She came back from some activities involving Varsity Vampires 3.

The only reason I knew was because the buzz went around. As soon as she got the part, everyone was talking about it. Magazines had a few of her pictures in it and my boys talked about it quite frequently. Nathan even gushed about how he always thought she was blazin’ hot. I highly doubt that he meant what he said. He only admires her now because of her promising fame.

Reality is, when I rise to fame, I will have admirers everywhere. It’s just one of the special features I’m looking forward to when that EP finally releases.

With the guys gone, I remain in the lobby. I need to do some more people watching. If I’m going to be famous soon, I’m going to have to prepare more material in case Hawk constantly asks for new tracks. Getting a head start seems to be a good idea.

I sat on the couch for at least an hour, observing random residents and their specific movements. Some inspiration lit up in my head but I feel like I didn’t collect enough. No one interesting enough came to rescue my dry ideas.

From a distance, I see Kendall leaving the elevator without Jo. I feel like I haven’t seen him around in a while, but I don’t mind. I’m relieved actually. Sometimes I get so pissed off just from seeing his face. I know he’s been helping me get to know Jordan more but I have a feeling there’s more to it. Kendall might benefit from helping me. I really want to know what he would achieve if he actually got what he wanted.

Someone like Kendall doesn’t just help out people like me. He runs around wearing his hockey uniform like he doesn’t have an image to save. It seems like he expects his music to make it big without any outside effort. I work so hard to get ideas and draw them up into songs while he swings his hockey stick in playful delight. It makes me so angry that Kendall doesn’t have to work as hard as I do to get his music out there.

Big Time Rush is famous. But they just don’t seem to put effort into their music. They all run around the lobby like a bunch of uneducated lunatics. I don’t think they deserve the fame. Someone like me, who takes music seriously, should handle the fame instead.

I learned from Hawk that in order to gain fame, you have to show the media what they want. In order to gain listeners, you have to find a way to make them interested. I have to create a very outstanding love life for the media to discover me. That’s what Hawk said.

A few days ago, he requested me to find someone famous to date. If I date someone famous, I will be famous. Then I can bring the media’s attention to my music. That’s a dirty, yet wonderful trick.

“Maxine!” Kendall exclaimed, holding his hands out.

I rolled my eyes at him. Seeing his annoying little face was not something to be pleasant about. The little reckless hooligan held a famed trophy in his hand while he walks out of the elevator casually during his free time.

“What do you want, Kendall?”

“Look, Jo won’t stop talking about the little misunderstandings between the two of you” he said, rubbing his temples.

My eyes narrowed at him at the mention of her name. He may be her boyfriend but that does not mean he could shoot me that accusing look when his girlfriend talks shit about me. It makes me so agitated that a guy would be whipped by his girlfriend easily. Kendall definitely would make everything seem like it’s my fault because I’m the bitch around here, not everyone else I crossed.

“I didn’t mean to make you angry. Oh god, who am I trying to convince? Talking to you is like shoving a brick off of the sidewalk” Kendall sighed, looking a bit irritated at my stone cold attitude.

“Seeing your face is like seeing someone’s piss for the first time” I fought back.

Kendall looked clearly offended. His eyebrows furrowed slightly and his lips formed into a frown.

“Maxi, what do you want from me? I tried to be nice to you but you brush me off like vermin. You treat me like an inferior. When you are at your vulnerable moment, I try to help you out so I can finally be friends with you. Then I bring up the topic involving Jo and you freak out on me. Do you even know what I was about to say?”

My mouth opened, ready to spit out another witty remark. His hand held up to silence me and his voice covered the first syllable of my starting word.

“All I was trying to do is apologize for her actions. I wanted to tell you that I don’t think the things she said about you were true. I thought that you would feel better if I told you how I felt about the situation. But you won’t even listen to me before jumping to conclusions. All I wanted to do is to be your friend, but now I know that I shouldn’t even try. Someone like you will never have a true friend” his volume increased by the moment and I feel embarrassed that if everyone heard him, my image would smolder a bit.

He turned quickly and made his way back to the elevator. I noticed that his anger could be shown in his fast-paced walk. Someone like Kendall hardly showed signs of anger and I clearly just pissed him off bad.

As I watch the door close, I start to feel bad. I don’t think I’d ever admit it, but I even considered running after him and apologizing. Something stopped me. My dignity and my image were more important than the feelings of a hockey hooligan.

“Wow, that was harsh” my head whipped around quickly and I was face to face with Jordan.

His light brown eyes held some type of intensity that made my whole body melt. The chocolate brown orbs flashed a look of amusement and admiration. He thought I was an interesting person. No matter how ugly other people made me look out to be, he thought differently. I don’t even know what to think. It’s just a different feeling I’ve never felt before.

Then an idea appeared in my head. Hawk wants me to have a relationship with someone famous. Jordan is in a famous rock band. I like Jordan. He thinks I’m cool.

There was nothing stopping me from standing on the tip of my toes and forcing my lips onto his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: VersaEmerge

Wow, what a shitty person Maxine is.!