Aim High, Never Rest

One of Those Days

I sat in a limousine playing with the window while Robert, my manager, talked on the phone. I was a little pissed that Robert pulled me away right when I was with James. This seemed to be happening quite frequently.

Its been a week since that little 'date' James and I had and ever since then I barely saw him. Due to his consent studio time at Roque Records with Gustavo and my small auditions back-to-back that Robert has me going to, we just don't have time for each other. OK, I know that may sound a little like a relationship kind of thing to say. But it is far from anything like that. I just see him as a really good friend now. I can't even think of the reason when we weren't.

I guess it wasn't important.

"So...where are you taking me this time?" I asked when Robert was finally off his cellular device.

He looked at me with a smirk, which he seemed to do a lot, like he had a secret. "Its a surprise." I narrowed my eyes at him, staring him down. "Alright, alright. I got you an audition for South Air!"

My narrowed eyes immediately widen. I couldn't believe he got me an audition for South Air! That show is very exclusive to even think about getting an audition to. The show reminded me of the better version of Degrassi. But it had more of an Skins feel to it. A smile spread across my face.and my face just lit like a little girl on Christmas that finally got that Barbie Malibu Dream House. I would know because I was that little girl.

"I take it you wanna do the audition?" He asked.

"Hell yeah I do!" That shouldn't even have been a question. "How did you even get me an audition, I heard that show is impossible to get into?" I asked opening an bottle of water.

"I have my sources." He said looking into his phone with that smirk again. It looked kind of creepy but I just thought that was something he did.

Robert and myself sat in the little waiting area where there about 10 to 15 other girls waiting to audition. Most of them were my age and others I'm sure were somewhat older than the rest. I held the small script a very uptight woman gave me in my hand as my leg bounced up and down with anticipation. I wouldn't say I was nervous but I didn't exactly feel cool and collected. But my manager over here beside me was freaking out!

"Alright Carley, this is it. This will make you or break you!" He practically yelled while pacing back and forth in front of me. All I did was stare at him. "This isn't one of those commercials you've been doing, so you have to give this more than one hundred percent, okay?" He frantically stopped in front of me.

"I will. Geesh, just calm down already." He did as I said an sat down next to me with a sigh. It seemed like he wanted the audition more than I did. But I couldn't blame him. He does a lot for me and the least I could do is try as hard as I can to get the role Robert tried to hard to get me.

I sat there a whole fifteen minutes waiting for my name to be called. I mean I know my last name was a long way down the alphabet but there weren't that many girls anyways. I was really starting to get irritated and a little antsy from sitting too long.

"Carley Turner." A Japanese lady poked her head out of the wooden double doors and called me back.

That's exactly when my heart begin to beat extremely too fast. I got up without even looking at Robert and went through the doors. Inside was a medium sized room with about four adults sitting behind a large table. They all looked very intimidating, which made me nervous even more so. I just I didn't show it. I had to put on a cover-up of bravery and confidence. On the outside I had to show that I could do this even though on the inside I was freaking out a little.

So there I stood in the middle of the somewhat square room, standing in front of the four people that'll probably seal my fate. Now that I think about it, I really want this. I want this more than anything I've ever really wanted before. Plus I'm sure I'll beat out most of those girls anyways. But that's just thinking unusually cocky.

"So...Carley Turner," The man in the middle looked down at the paper in front of him. "Are you familiar with South Air?" He looked back up to me, practically narrowing his eyes at me.

"Oh I'm very familiar with the show, I watch it almost every week."

"I see you've done a few commercials before." He made it sound like I've been doing this forever, which I haven't.

"Yeah just a little here and there, nothing really big." I ran my fingers through my straight hair. Thinking now that I wished I had done something to it. But its not my fault that I didn't know where I was going. Stupid Robert, I blame him!

"Here is the script you will be reading from," A women with multiple grey hairs handed me a packet. It was a script from their show. "You will saying the words as Marcy, Dave here will be playing Holden." Out of nowhere a boy that's just a little taller than me stood up and walked over towards me. I have to say he was kind of cute, I'm sure he was one of the characters on the show. I gave Jason a small smile and he did the same before standing next to me. "Jason will start first.

I opened the script and looked at the first few words said before he had started. It was nothing I never read before, it was a little raunchy. But I sucked it up. I then took a few deep breaths before he begins.

"Can I ask you a question?" Jason begun talking, I was a little distracted by his country accent because he didn't look like he had an accent. But I just pushed it aside.

"Don't even tell me you don't want to do it again." I commenced right after he was done with his line.

It basically went on like that. I liked ready with Jason, he was pretty good.

When I was done I looked at all the faces that were in the room. I expected to see an reaction, any reaction really. But their expressions were the same as when I had started. Expressionless. Except for one. It was a blond. She looked very young, around the ages of 25-30 I'm sure. She looked kind of familiar but I couldn't but my finger on it. I didn't think about it too much since I'll probably never remember.

"OK, thank you." I guess that was my cue.

I walked through the doors and right when I walked out, Robert was there ready to interrogate me.

"So how did it go? Did you do good? Did they like you?" He asked a million questions that at the moment I were unable to answer.

"Honestly, I don't know." Moving out the way so another girl could go in.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Robert practically screeched.

"I mean I don't know if they exactly like me." I started walking out of the building and towards my ride with Robert next to me. "But I'm sure I did pretty good."

"Well I guess that's all that matters." He sighed and all I did was agree with a slight nod.

Not soon after I was walking through the doors of the sweet, sweet Palms Woods. It feels like I'd been gone for some time but it's only been about two hours. I figured since I basically had a full day left, that I'll take a small nap. Walking to the elevators, I seen a human frame hiding behind a tall tree plant that wad placed by the pool doors. I could be wrong but I'm sure that was James hiding. Now I could go over there and ask why he's hiding or I could just go to my apartment like I planned to. I sighed and saunter over to him. What can I say my curiosity got the best of me.

"Um James? " I tapped him on his shoulder. I must have startled him.because he yelp. That yelp I seem to find him doing every so often. "What are you doing?" I asked.

Once he realized it was me, he relaxed himself. "I'm hiding from...her!" He dunked back behind the plastic tree plant. He was a little dramatic on the 'her'

"Alright I'll go ahead and ask. Who is "her" and why are you hiding from her?"

"Oh James!" I heard an all too familiar voice, which already annoyed the hell out of me. "Where are you!" I turned to see Mercedes Griffin looking frantically looking around. She-bitch herself. She has to be at the top of the list, well next to Maxine that is.

"You know if you don't like, just tell her." I turned my attention back to James.

"You don't understand, its not that simple." He whispered.

"It is that simple." I grabbed him by his wrist to pull him out of the plant. "We'll go tell her now." I pulled but all he did was pull back and refused to go.

"There you are!" Mercedes must have noticed the confrontation going on between James and I.

"Oh no! She's coming!" That's when James room off. With me attached of course. Now the tables have turned and I was getting pulled and James was doing all the pulling.

I never noticed but James was fast and quite strong when he was scared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, had to bring Mercedes Back!

Chapter title goes to ;; Joy Williams