Aim High, Never Rest

Where Is The Edge?

Collin and I decided to just simply walk around this amazing hotel. Nathan wanted to sleep because he's a lazy fat ass. Tyson wants to catch up on his studies, even though he was only gone from school for three days. Yep, Nathan and Tyson are the slacker and nerd of the group. Honestly, I can say that Collin and I are the chill ones. 

"Wow, you cleaned up pretty fast" Collin commented, looking up and down at me.

My jet black hair was still a bit wet after my desired hair wash. I took a nice warm shower and changed from my shirt, skinny jeans, and leather jacket into a black tank top with a big golden heart in the middle. The text underneath the heart says "let's share" which seems pretty ironic considering the fact that I never liked to share anything. Only to people who I care about which isn't really much. But I matched the tank top with gray colored shorts over dark stockings. 

"I'm super excited to be here. It's amazing knowing that we are just one step away from our dreams" I pressed the button for the elevator. We explored through the whole third floor, deciding to roam around the second floor so we could spent more time enjoying the atmosphere and talk to each other at the same time. 

"Are you sure we can make it as a band?" Collin rubbed his chins.

"I'm very confident. We are amazing. No band in the world carry the same motivation we have. Who wouldn't want to sign us? And you think too much" 

The elevator door opened. Collin pushed me inside and stood there like an idiot until the door closed between me and him. 

"What was that for?" I asked to myself. Collin can be very stupid at times, even though he was my best friend.

Collin McDonalds and I met in third grade. At the time, he had the most desired pack of crayons in the whole class. The set of 64. I was jealous and mad so I stole it from him. Somehow he found out and we had a physical fight. We got in deep trouble due to that incident but since that fight, we've been best friends. He's always there for me when my family wasn't. Which was like 95% of the time. 

Shaking my head, I got off the elevator to the second floor. Collin was already there, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. 

"I took the stairs and got here before you, slowpoke!" he poked my ribs with his index finger.

"Idiot! It takes less work to get on the elevator" I rolled my eyes, almost wanting to smirk at his stupidity. 

After a mini argument about elevators and stairs, we roamed around second floor. It looked the same as our floor above but we still composed a conversation due to our lack of other activities. 

As we passed the room 2J, the door opened and three teens about our age walked out. I recognized one of them as Kendall, the annoying hockey guy, who obviously changed from his hockey costume. Now he's dressed in a striped long sleeve shirt and jeans.

Beside him, there's a guy wearing a helmet. He looks hispanic but I could be wrong. I totally suck at identifying people and their race. The dark blonde haired girl to his right was very skinny, including a very nice body structure.

The trio was faced in a different direction so I pulled Collin aside.

"Look, it's that jerk again!" I hissed at him, pointing annoying hockey guy out.

"The guy had the guts to hit you with a hockey puck, I have respect for him" 

"You're a jerk too, Collin, just for saying that" I pouted. 

"Let's go. At least make some new friends here. It'll make our career path go smoother" he walked towards the trio, pulling me along with him.

"Hey guys!" Collin greeted. The three turned. Kendall had a knowing look on his face but the other two looked confused.

"Great, now we need to introduce each other" I groaned.

"Max, stop being so negative" Collin hissed at me.

"Hi! I'm Carlos!" the helmet guy flashed a big smile along with a peppy wave. He's so happy it's almost annoying. Is it a bummer that I hate seeing people so happy? To be honest, I wouldn't want to see anyone happy unless I am.

"And I'm Hannah" the perfect looking future blonde slut introduced.

"I'm Collin and Mrs. I-Think-Everyone-Is-Annoying here is Maxine" I shot Collin a dirty look but he just smirked at me. 

I didn't realize we were in front of the elevator until the door opened. 

"So where you guys headed?" Collin asked. I gave him another dirty look. Why is he always so talkative towards random people? Like it's starting to annoy me too. 

"We're going to the lobby, wanna come along?" Kendall asked, smiling at Collin. I gave Kendall a hard glare. First he injures my cheek, now he's smiling at my best friend. Who does he think he is? I've never hated anyone so much according to first impressions.

Collin agreed and walked into the elevator. Kendall's two friends got in and before he could step in himself, I yanked his arms, pulling him away from the elevator. The door closed, leaving Kendall and I on the second floor.

"Why'd you do that for?" he scrunched up his face, giving me a confused look.

I don't know what's with me but I found the sudden urge to scream at him or express my hatred to him. It's like I'm obsessing over hating him and wanting to start a scene. Usually when I hate someone back home or just in general, I ignore them and their existence. But with this guy, I just wanna throw him against a wall and use every single swear word I could think of to insult him. 

I stopped raking my brains about why I pulled him back and thought about what I should say to the guy. He looked rather impatient but his confusion outshines his expressions.

"You think you can get away with lying to me. Do I look like I'm stupid or something?" I said, including as much anger and attitude in my voice as possible.

"Now I'm thinking I'm stupid for not knowing what you are talking about. Why don't you elaborate so I can understand? Wouldn't be my fault if you didn't explain"

My eyes twitched slightly and I gritted my teeth. How dare he talk back to me? He already pisses me off with his look and his personality, and now I found a new part of him to hate. His verbal comebacks.

"Hey, you look like my producer when I talk back to him. Well, besides the angry roar" 

This guy has a producer? And he talks back to him? That's stupid. He should be fired just for doing that. I would fire anyone who talks back to me. If I had the power anyways.

"You told me at the pool that you said your sorry already. Well guess what, Mr. Smarty Pants? I thought back to the event and no apologizes were passed around. You only laughed at me and encouraged my friends to do that. Do you know what happens to the people who dares to cross paths with me, Maxine Johnson?"

"I think your overreacting just a little bit" he made a hand gesture, sarcasm hinting all over his face.

"You have driven me over the edge. I officially can't stand you" I spat at him, storming off to the stairs. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So, please comment and tell us what you think of this story. I had to rewrite this at least two times because I didn't like the flow or I didn't like my previous ideas for this chapter. And the "let's share" tank top is dedicated to Jade. I stole that tank top from her two weeks ago and am rocking it right now while getting ready for bed ;) I feel sexy wearing this tank top.

Title credit: WITHIN TEMPTATION!!