Suicide

Hidden Bruises

The new bruises her dad left of her are slowly starting to turn black on her ivory skin. She whimpers in pain as she touches the oddly shaped one on her rib cage. The bruises just add to the rest of them. She looks like a fucking freak.

She doesn’t care about the bruises on her stomach, or her legs, or her ribs, but she has to wear short sleeved shirts to school. There are too many bruises and cuts to cover with make-up. She realises that she will have to put up with the looks and the remarks and the teachers horrified faces. She is fed up of hiding. Katie falls asleep at the foot of her bed. Tears dripping off her face onto the cold hardwood floor.

“Katie get your fucking arse down stairs, you are not missing school today!” her mother Joanne screams from the base of the stairs.

Katie slowly drags herself up and grabs her black skinny jeans and her black school shirt. Today is going to be awful. On her way out of the house she grabs her backpack. Walking to school takes an hour, but she would rather do that then get the school bus with Courtney today. Katie couldn’t handle her whining about how pathetic her life was because her mum wouldn’t by her a car. Bitch.