Status: =(

That Man's Short Stories

Confession Time

I was just sitting there, living my boring life now that he’d gone. The days just seemed to drag on. There was some commotion outside but I didn’t pay attention. But then I heard his name. I came back to earth in time to hear some random girl in my class say, “Mr. ___ is giving back papers.”
Wait, he’s here? I cautiously got up and walked to the door.
Standing a few yards away, he was indeed there, shining like a Greek god and smiling at me. Joy overwhelmed me and before I knew it I was running to him. I literally jumped into his arms and wrapped my legs around his waist in a hug, his hands on my back. I pressed myself against him and he buried his face in my hair. Neither of us said a word, until about five minutes later, he whispered, “Z, this might look a bit inappropriate.”
“Oh yeah.” I sighed and he set me on my feet. I still stood close enough to him to inhale his heady scent. “So you came back, huh?”
“I had some papers to return.”
“We both know that’s just a cover-up.”
He tipped my chin up with his finger. “Truth is, I missed you.”
Staring in his eyes, I couldn’t help myself. “I’ll make it worth the wait then.” My lips crashed into his and my arms circled his muscular neck. It only took him a second to respond, and then his hands were at my waist and our bodies were pressed together.
I didn’t care that probably everyone in a 30ft. radius was watching or that the Sisters at the convent could be seeing this all unfold.
No, this was OUR moment; one I’ve been waiting for over a year now.
Lost in his lips, I was caught off-guard when he suddenly ended the kiss. I opened my eyes to see what happened, and was met by the disapproving face of Ms. ____, the vice principal.
“Sister ____ would like to see you.”
I gulped and glanced at him, but he gave me a reassuring smile and grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers. Nothing ever felt so right.
The walk to Sister’s office was short but tense. Ms. ___ led us inside then left.
Sister instructed us to sit and then eyed us speculatively for a minute then spoke. “Do you mind telling me the meaning of this?”
I opened my mouth to speak, but he cut me off. “I came to return some papers for the students and it’s been months, so I guess we got a bit carried away in our little reunion.”
“Are you justifying it?”
“Of course not Sister. Perhaps ____ would like to tell her side of the story.”
Why is he doing this to me? I glanced at him furtively but he just nodded. I gulped.
“Honestly Sister, I do not regret it one bit. Even if I get suspended or something, I won’t regret what happened today, because, well, I love him. I, of course, did nothing about my feelings while he was teaching here as it went against regulations. I wasn’t allowed to so much as touch him. But seeing him here today...I did what I did because I’m in love with him.” I looked down, tears forming in my eyes. He wasn’t supposed to find out this way.
He cleared his throat. “Um, Sister, would you mind giving us a minute to sort this out?”
“Go ahead. There’s an empty office on your left.”
“Thank you.” He gently grabbed my arm and pulled me up from my chair where I had frozen and led to said classroom.
“Z, look at me.”
I glanced up but couldn’t meet his eyes. He sighed.
“Oh come on.” He pulled me into a tight hug and kept me there. “Confession: I love you too.”
My heart got stuck into my throat, blocking off anything I was thinking of saying. Instead I just looked up into his eyes; searching...for the truth?
“You’re not just saying that because you heard my confession?”
“Of course not. As weird as it might sound, I’m in love with you. But my age c-”
I cut him off. “Age ain’t nothing but a number baby.”
I loved him. He loved me. There was only one thing left to do.
I attacked his sexy ass. He kissed back of course, but stopped after a minute.
“Sister’s waiting on our answer.”
“Oh yeah. Can’t you get a job somewhere nearby?”
“Hmm... I could apply to teach at ______” Perfect! It was right next to our school.
I almost couldn’t fight the urge to kiss him again. “Well that right there is an arrangement I can live with.” Then, all was lost once again as his lips took over mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was actually a dream (most of it)
Enjoy!
-Z<3