Cruel

Job

The two lovers couldn’t be kept away from each other, although the relationship was much more physical than emotional. Neither of them had much experience with trust or anything like that so they went with what they did know: lust. Of course, Amelia had feelings for Scabior, and she was almost certain that he shared them, or so he had told her, but she didn’t know how to show them since most of her life had been trying to repress her feelings.

The two of them were in fact snogging in a corner of some dingy bar when a waiter was suddenly beside them and coughed to get their attention. “Excuse me, Miss, but an owl just arrived for you. If you would please follow me.” Amelia looked back at Scabior with a questioning look on her face but the man only shrugged, he didn’t know more than her who this owl was from. The young woman squeezed past Scabior in the booth and straightened her clothes before starting to follow the waiter, not without turning back and rolling her eyes at Scabior when he tapped her ass. She walked behind the waiter until they reached the bar and he told her to wait a moment as he went to get the letter.

Amelia sat on one of the stools and ordered a shot of vodka, her preferred drink, and waited for the waiter, tapping her finger on the counter. What could this letter be? The moment the man came back with the letter though, Amelia relaxed. It had Umbridge’s familiar seal on it which could only mean another job. She snatched the letter from the man’s hand, not taking the time to say thank you and ripped the letter open.

Dear Amelia,
I have another job for you, and this shall be a very important job. There's a man that's been doing a lot of revolution these past weeks, although we have reason to believe he is in fact not a member of the Order of Phoenix. The job is that you need to eliminate this man. If you succeed we will pay you 50,000 galleons. More details about this job will be delivered to your house if you accept and we urge you to reply as soon as you can.

Also, this mission is very secret. We know that you sometimes have partners but we need you to go alone for this job.

Regards,
Dolores Umbrage


It didn't take Amelia more than a moment to flip the page over and grab a quill that was resting on the counter to write her approving answer. She couldn't resist a job, and certainly not one that seemed as important at this one. Also, 50, 000 galleons is quite a large sum and Amelia was a greedy bitch. She told the waiter to post her letter with the same owl and returned to the table where Scabior was obsessively picking at a piece of wood on the table. He looked up when she approached and grinned at her, like he was happy she was back which made Amelia's heart flutter and a smile rested on her face. For once, she didn't analyze every detail and action that they both made to see if there were any hidden intentions behind them, it was nice.

"I have another job." the young woman said, sitting on Scabior's knees as she was leaving in the minute. "Umbridge says the job is top secret so I have to go alone on this one and I have to leave right away. I guess this is goodbye for a while."

Scabior pouted, looking at her with the eyes of a kicked puppy. "Not even goodbye sex, sugar?"
Amelia laughed and grinned. "Sadly, I don't even have time for that.I have to go now, it's a really good job. I'll send you an owl once I know how long I'll be gone, alright?"

Scabior nodded, kissed her and then Amelia got up and walked out of the bar. There was never any big goodbyes with the two of them, it made both of them quite uncomfortable. With that thought, Amelia hoped that this job wouldn't take too long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are appreciated. <3 (:

You should all go check out elizabeth;'s stories. She's a fantastic writer.(: