‹ Prequel: Wonderwall

Hollywould Fix

The Pot Calling the Kettle Black

"Hey mom I was wondering if I could talk to you, for a minute?"

"Of course honey," She was sitting crosslegged on the bed in the guest room going over some papers that seemed to be from her job, "What is it?"

"Well I just wanted to talk about the door-knocking policy."

"What door-knocking policy," she asked looking at me with confusion.

"Exactly it seems to be something that's lacking around here," I said innocently eyebrow raised.

"Really disagree young lady I think everything is just fine."

"Mom I appreciate you looking out for me I really do but this barging in thing is really inappropriate," I said firmly.

"Well, I don't see what the big deal is it's not like I've never done anything I was about to walk in on you doing. Besides I thought you appreciated me stopping you from going to far with Ryan?"

"What?" I turned around to find Peter standing behind me. "What does she mean going too far with Ryan?"

I didn't know what to say. It was pretty obvious what she meant so I remained silent.

"Fine," he said in a huff turning around to leave.

I grabbed his arm. "Wait a minute, are you upset?"

"Yeah just a little," he said sarcastically, "You promised there was nothing going on between you and Ryan. And now I find out you're sleeping with him? I thought my mom was overreacting by what she said last night."

Mama Wentz quietly got up from her spot on the bed and tiptoed out of the room closing the door gently behind her.

"First of all," I began through gritted teeth, "I am not sleeping with him. Nothing happened. Not that it would be any of your business if it did. You're the one who tried to hook the two of us up remember? And you've known that Ryan had a thing for me so why should this come as a surprise?"

"Because I was sure you didn't have the same feeling back! Now, I find out from my mother about the two of you hooking up in my house..."

"Your house," I repeated. I could feel my temperature starting to rise. "I thought this was my house too, Peter."

"It is. I didn't mean..."

"Yes, you did. You said exactly what you meant. You have some nerve. You don't get to be mad about me getting together with Ry. You're the one who brought this relationship to an end remember? But that's okay, you and Ashlee can enjoy each other and your fantastic new baby together in your house, alone."

I stepped around him and came face to face with Ashlee. "Oh I'm sorry I heard yelling and I just wanted to see what was..."

I pushed past her and continued down the hall to my room.

"What was that all about," I heard her say behind me.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it."

By the time I got to my room I was enraged. I think hearing him refer to our argument as "nothing" maddened me most of all. Was that all I was to him? "Nothing"?

I went into my closet and pulled down my large neon orange suitcase the one I had when I first came to California. I started piling things into it: clothes, shoes, toilettries. I was only half paying attention to what was going in the case, I just wanted desperately to get out of the house. I knew I couldn't take the car. I didn't want anything that had been bought with his money. I picked up the phone and called a cab.

"Honey where are you going," Mom asked appearing in my doorway.

I continued to pack. "Away, I can't stay here tonight."

"But where are you going to go? L.A. is dangerous."

"I know but contrary to popular belief I am capable of taking care of myself. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." I heard a car honk out front so I lifted my heavy bag and began dragging it out of the room. "I'll call you tomorrow, mom." I kissed her cheek.

"Peter," she started yelling as I made my way slowly down the stairs, "Peter get out here! You better not let that girl leave."

"Reina what are you doing?"

"I'm leaving, why does everyone have such a problem with that," I yelled still struggling. The cab honked impatiently outside.

"Where are you going to go?"

"Anywhere but here."

Pete began making his way down the stairs. He yanked the suitcase out of my hands and turned to go back upstairs. "You're not going anyhere," he stated angrily.

I grabbed hold of the suitcase once more. "Says who? You're not my father Pete or have you forgotten? I'm a grown woman and if I want to leave I can leave."

We began a silent tug-o-war over the heavy suitcase. I gave it one good defiant yank and before I knew it I lost my balance and began tumbling down the stairs the suitcase coming right after me. I could feel Pete reaching out to grab me but missing by centimeters. I heard Mom and Ashlee gasp. When I reached the bottom I felt out of breath and I laid still for a minute. The three of them came rushing down after me.

"Are you okay," Pete asked gently reaching out to take my arm.

I snatched it away from him and pulled myself up without his help. "I'm fine and I'm still leaving." I pulled the handle of the suitcase up to make it easier to roll and made my way towards the door. I tried my best to walk straight but my leg was in pain and I couldn't help but limp a little. When I finally opened the door the cab driver was standing there his finger poised to ring the bell. "Can you help me with the bag, please?"

He nodded and proceeded to lift the bag like it was nothing before putting it in the trunk. I climbed into the backseat and shut the door.

"Where to miss?"

I looked out the window to see Pete, Mom, and Ashlee watching me from the doorway.

"Surprise me."
♠ ♠ ♠
I never really got the meaning of the expression I put in the chapter title but it seemed to fit so...I've been sick so sorry for not posting I will make it up to you by posting twice today. I feel like I need to get more people reading but I have a feeling people just don't care about FOB fanfiction anymore.

So you guys don't like Reina and Ryan together? But they're best friends! LOL well I can tell you that's not going to happen but it's not going to stop Ryan from trying and pretty soon he'll be competing for Reina's affection with someone else (not Pete). Any guesses?

BTW, welcome back Raven_K we missed you!