‹ Prequel: Wonderwall

Hollywould Fix

Not Giving Up

Later that evening I was sitting in a cafe on Wilshire, it was one of Ryan and mine's favorite hangouts; not too tourist-y and quiet. I was waiting for him to arrive. I was a bit early but I felt like I needed some time to get my thoughts together before he arrived.

"Hey," he said casually as he slid into the booth across from me.

"Hi."

"What's up?"

"Nothing, why would anything be up," I rambled nervously.

"Because you went missing last night and Pete called around everywhere looking for you. You should have called someone. You know you could have called me, just to let us know you were okay."

"Yeah I was fine. I actually ran into an old friend, that I stayed with."

"Really?"

"Yeah um...his name is Alex."

"Alex, your ex-boyfriend Alex?"

"Yeah..."

"I seriously think there is something wrong with you."

"What do you mean," I squeaked.

"I mean you must only like guys who hurt you. First you hook up with a guy who has a girlfriend, promises to break up with her for you, then doesn't break up with her when he finds out she's pregnant. Then, you get back together with your ex-boyfriend who cheated on you and broke your heart. You'd probably date a serial killer before you gave me a chance."

"That's not true! I just...I loved Alex. He knows me..."

"I know you! I'm your best friend."

"You know the person I am now, Ryan, not the person I was when I first came to California; or the person I was when I first found out that my mom was missing and probably will never be found."

"And he does!"

I nodded. "He was there. He saw it all. He's seen me at my most vulnerable and my weakest moments. When I was so scared and lost that I barely knew which way was up. Pete's seen it to. They were both there for me during that time. They were my rocks."

"So I'm being punished for not being around back then."

"That's not what I'm saying..."

"I'm sorry that I didn't know you back then Reina. And trust me if I had I would have been there for you as much as one person can be there for another person. I get what you're saying that Alex loved you despite you being at your worst. But I'm not sorry for falling in love with the woman you are now. You are strong and you don't take anybody's crap and you're caring. I love that girl and I'm willing to fight for that girl."

"Ryan, what are you talking about?"

"I mean you told me that you had feelings for me and that if we met at a different time we could have been something, more than friends. You're no longer with Pete and now I want my chance."

"But Ry..."

"It doesn't matter what you say Reina," he leaned in and smiled, "I'm not taking no for an answer."
♠ ♠ ♠
No new subscribers or commenters? : ( I guess that means only 1 chapter today. Come on people just do it and I will post more chapters.