‹ Prequel: Wonderwall

Hollywould Fix

My Fair Godfather.

I tried to concentrate on my work but I was definitely distracted. It was taking all of my concentrative powers not to rub my face or my forehead like I usually did when I was working hard but if I did I would mess up the professionally applied makeup to my face. When I woke up the next day Peter had hired a makeup artist to come and cover up my black eye in order for me to go to work. Living with a guy, who is no stranger to makeup has it's advantages sometimes.

I looked up away from my computer screen which was giving me a headache and held my head in my hands. "Reina?" I looked up. I couldn't see it was speaking in my doorway all I could see was a huge bouquet flowers so big they obstructed the head of the person carrying them but I could tell by the voice that it was Alex. "Can I come in," he asked after a few moments.

I sighed. "Yes."

He walked in and slowly lowered the flowers from his face. "I don't even know what to say."

"Well you can start with 'I'm sorry'," I supplied coldly.

"I am. Reina I can't say I'm sorry enough times to you. It was an accident but that's no excuse. It was childish of me to fight with Ryan and I hurt you in the process. I should have trusted you that nothing was going on. Can you ever forgive me?"

I looked at his sweet, sad face. I really had no leg to stand on. He was right he trusted me and I'd already betrayed that enough times with Pete. I couldn't really stay mad at him. "Of course, I can." He grinned widely. "And the flowers are beautiful. They are for me right," I joked since he hadn't made any gesture to give them to me.

"Yes, yes, of course, they're for you."

He handed them to me and I inhaled deeply. I pulled out a vase from a drawer in my crendenza behind my desk and put a half a bottle of water in it followed by the flowers.

"I have something else too. I'm taking you to dinner. Sona on La Cienega okay? So get dressed up and let me take you to dinner to complete my apology."

"Okay," I smiled. Like I was really going to say no to food. "Come here, I want you to meet Russell."

I grabbed his hand and led him down the hall to Russell's office. Fortunately he wasn't in a meeting and didn't have anyone in his office so we walked right in.

"Russell, I want you to meet the boyfriend Alex Daughtry. Alex, I'd like you to meet my fairy godfather, Russell Dubose."

Russell chuckled at my introduction. "It's nice to meet you Alex. You're just as gorgeous in real life as you are in the pictures."

I stifled a laugh as Alex became uncomfortable and quickly took his hand back from Russell's grasp.

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you too man, I've heard a lot about you," Alex said deepening his voice more so than usual. He turned to me. "So I'll pick you up at 7?" I nodded and he kissed my lips quickly before departing.

"I think you scared him," I noted to Russell.

"Honey, it wouldn't be the first time."
♠ ♠ ♠
Boo for the torrential downpour we're supposed to get. It's not raining yet so hopefully I can beat it home. It is awfully dark outside. Good night ladies!