‹ Prequel: Wonderwall

Hollywould Fix

That Gold Dress

I borrowed Angel's gold ruched slip dress that she wore to Jay-Z album release party in Vegas so many months ago. That was the night it all started. The night that Pete and I first kissed. It had all been downhill from there. Don't get me wrong Pete and I had some great months together but at this point I really was sure if it had even been worth all I had gone through since. I had taken Lacey's caution to heart, I really needed to figure out what I felt for Alex. I realized that even if I couldn't be with Pete it didn't mean I should be with Alex if I really didn't love him. In my own way, the dress represented that test. The dress that was reminiscent of my first encounter with Pete would now be associated with a date with Alex plus the dress was just hot. Angel was a little taller than me so I made sure to wear my highest heels with the dress as I pulled it down slowly over my curvy hips which Angel definitely did not have. It was a little snug but the fabric was very giving and sucked in and stuck out exactly what it was supposed to. I heard a knock at my door. "Come in," I called.

I checked myself out in the full-length mirror and tousled my curls a bit. "Hey," said Pete's gentle voice.

"Hi."

"Wow, you look...amazing," he said his voice low with lust.

"Thank you."

"Where are you going?"

"Alex is taking me to Sona tonight as an 'I'm sorry' dinner."

"Good, he should after what happened. Make sure you order the most expensive thing on the menu and a dessert really make him pay."

I chuckled. "I'll do that."

"Have you heard from Ryan?"

"No and I have a feeling it might be awhile, he's pretty furious with me."

"How's your eye?"

"Better that makeup artist worked wonders and it's stayed on all day. You think she could come back tomorrow too?"

"Sure...and how are you," he added quietly, "You ran out last night...you kissed me."

I sighed and turned around slowly wishing we didn't have to have this conversation. I was tired of having these conversations. "I know. It wasn't your fault I just got overwhelmed and weirded out by the fight and everything. I just needed to talk it out with a girlfriend. I went to Patrick and Lacey's."

"Yeah I know Patrick called after he left. Can't handle the emotions that one," he joked.

I nodded and fell silent. "Well, have fun," Pete finally said sadly.

"I'll try."