‹ Prequel: Wonderwall

Hollywould Fix

Drunk and In Love

I woke up at 3am in the morning to the sound of my phone ringing. I knew who it was. It was a ringtone I hadn't heard in a few days. I was tempted not to answer but since it was him I rolled over and picked up the phone. "Ryan it's 3 in the morning."

"I know," said the voice on the other end of the line.

"So what do you want?"

"I've been thhhinkin'," he slurred.

I rolled my eyes. "Are you drunk?"

"No," he said a little too defensively and a little too loudly, "I've just been thinking. And what I think is...what I think is it's your loss. If you don't love me then...then it's your loss. But I need to move on...I love you Rey. I love you a whole lot but I need to move on. I can't wait for you I need to live my life."

I listened quietly as he talked hoping he wasn't out drinking alone and feeling like I should be with him right now. "Ryan where are you?"

"Our spot," he said quietly probably reflecting on the fact that we even have a spot.

"Stay there I'm going to come get you okay?"

"No," he yelled indignantly, "I don't need your help."

"Ryan you are drunk stay there and I'll drive you home. Do you hear me? Don't move."

It took me 5 minutes to wash my face and throw on some sweats. I was so tired I had to turn on the radio really loud and roll down the windows to wake myself up. I drove across town to the bar in Brentwood Ryan and I frequented. I was relieved to see his SUV still in the parking lot.

I walked in and instantly spotted Ryan at the bar in a tweed jacket and cords. His clothes and brown floppy hair were disheveled and he was hunched over nursing his drink. I took a seat in the stool next to him. Martin our favorite bartender was there and he appeared in front of me. "Bellini," he offered. I nodded.

"If yooouuu were ash heartbrrroken ash I am you wwwould need shomething shtronger than frrrruit and champppagne," Ryan slurred in a low voice.

"Don't be heartbroken," I said in a low soft voice, "I never meant to hurt you. You know that don't you?"

"You let me tttthink I had a chance! We almost shlept together!"

I lowered my head in embarassment since the whole bar had heard what he said. "I know and I'm sorry. You did have a chance Ryan but we're just better off as friends you know that."

"No I don't know that! You never gave me a chance to see the other side to know that we're better off as friends," he lowered his head looking almost like he wanted to plunge into his glass. "I'm too tired for this." He lifted the glass to his mouth and took a sip.

"Do you hate me?"

“I hate myself for letting you turn me into such a pussy but no I don’t hate you.” I stared at him for a moment trying to grasp him meaning before he burst into laughter. “The fact that you’re looking at me like that with such concern only proves my point.”

I smiled. “I think you’re going to be okay Ry.”

He smiled back. “I know we’re going to be okay. But only if you can get me home safe.”

“If you promise not to puke in my car I think we can arrange that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Raven: I agree with your assessment of Reina. She is definitely a tease. I strive to create characters that aren't perfect, they definitely have visible and obvious flaws but at the same time I still want the readers to root for the characters.

So tell me, are you all still rooting for Reina to find true love or are are teasing ways making you hope she ends up alone for awhile? And...do you think Reina would have been as big of a tease if she was back in Miami with her mom and not an 18-year old running wild in sunny California? I love hearing your feedback so please keep 'em coming.